Gryffindor Practice III

Kiera listened carefully to Bruin. She would have gladly helped him with anything he needed. A playbook sounded like a good idea in her opinion. She wickedly grinned as she silently thought of "fun" plays to pull against Sytherin. At the end of Bruin's talk she saluted him. "Ay Ay Sarge!" she joked. She smiled at her fellow chasers and waved them towards her. She figured they should whispe (pm) their ideas for plays to each other in case any Sytherins might be spying on them.

((occ: I thought we might pm each other our ideas so that the Sytherin team can not read this and figure out our plays before the big game. What do yall think?))

Kat listened to Bruin's pep talk intently and excitedly. A playbook sounded like the perfect idea to Kat and was sure that it would be a great way to get a leg up for the Gryffindor team. Kat flew towards Kiera when she had motioned towards her and Grande to come closer. "What's up Kiera? Got any ideas as to what kind of plays we should run?"

((ooc: i think that PMing them sounds like a good idea and then once we settle on a few good ones then we can PM them all to Bruin and he can compile them all together for an official book))

Mark listened to Bruin and took his position again trying to concentrate on the chasers as he was new to this sort of play. Mark settled himself at the centre of the three hoops and stood his ground to follow every move of the players.

(PM away...although make sure you use our advanced encryption system as the Slytherins will be attempting to intercept our PM's, especially with the impending cancellation of House Quidditch :o )

Bruin noted that Mark and the three Chasers had moved into position and gave Hilary and Katie a moment to get settled before releasing the Snitch. Bruin looked down at the two Bludgers and noticed that the one on the right looked to be attempting bust out of it's restraints. Deciding he did not wish to have anyone injured at this practice he carefully released the restraints on the more passive left Bludger and it burst from the trunk in search of its first target, heading straight for Hilary.

Bruin quickly grabbed his Beater's Bat and broom and headed to the skies to join his teammates.

Kat watched as Bruin released the bludgers and flew off after them. She awaited for whoever was in posession of the quaffle to put it into play, all the while thinking through different maneuvers that they could do to improve their chances of scoring against Mark during practice, but more importantly against Slytherin in the match.

Hilary saw the bludger comming right at her face and dodged downwards still looking for the snitch.

((I think we should keep this thread going for a little longer at least so that we can get the Quidditch points for it.))

Mark sat still on his broom glancing over his shoulders time to time for any signs of buldgers. He waited for the beginning of random maneuvers which he would have to anticipate.

Kat started running one of the plays that they had discussed with Kiera. She took the quaffle and started flying towards the hoops where Mark was stationed and waited for the other two chasers to assume their positions.

((sorry guys, i wanted to get something started to i just stole the quaffle from whoever happened to have it :oy: ))

(Note: I only released one bludger. I'd also like us to continue with the thread, who knows what will happen, but at least we will evnetually play together again. Some sooner than others perhaps)

Bruin watched as Hilary skillfully dodged the incoming bludger, but noted that it seemed intent on following her as it arced around and began heading towards her again. Bruin would watch and see if Katie was able to position herself in time to intercept it and defend her effectively.

Bruin stole a glance at the Chasers who were beginning to mount their first attack up the pitch towards a very eager and prepared looking Mark. This team had potential and Bruin knew that the future of Gryffindor Quidditch would be built around this core group.

Grande listened to Bruin speak. He flew up and saw that Kat had taken the quaffle and started up towards Mark at the hoops. He flew over and assumed his position

Mark sat on his broom and looked at the heavily fortified Kat coming his way with the quaffle. ' Bring it on ' he said in his mind and still sat on his broom to get his timing right as Kat approached him.

(OOC- that play sounds awesome, but would be even better if I knew where you were on the pitch, mid field, approaching the scoring area. Is Grande in the scoring area now? I know it's a little more typing, but perhaps we should practice using the grid locations to see how things work. It looks like I'll be captain of Opaleye Assault for the new/old club teams so I'll do my best to pick as many of you as I can, unless you PM me telling me you'd prefer I not :unsure:

Oh, and Kiera...it's Mark in net, not Sam)

(( I was also on the Valkyries, but seeing as both Courtney and Ford are captains, there isn't really a way of us having our whole team... I think that Hilary wouldn't mind having either of her past captains again, but is slightly scared of Ford.... but I'm sure she'd even get over that, she just likes Quidditch....))

Mark's eyes darted towards Grande as Kiera had thrown it towards him. He prepared for the attack and also kept watch for dodge movements.

Katie saw a bludger speeding towards Hil who didnt seem to notice it.Katie sped towards Hil who was near the North hoops ((sorry for the good mode I didnt know where you were.Katie was near the Hufflepufff stands so she sped fast towards Hilary.

Grande caught the Quaffle that Kiera had passed him and started to fly to forwards the right hoop. When in shooting range Grande passed quickly to Kat so that it give Kat time to try to score.

Hilary Grace said:
(( I was also on the Valkyries, but seeing as both Courtney and Ford are captains, there isn't really a way of us having our whole team... I think that Hilary wouldn't mind having either of her past captains again, but is slightly scared of Ford.... but I'm sure she'd even get over that, she just likes Quidditch....))
((oh me too Hilary!! Kiera would love to stay with her Gryffindor team but wants to play with Caysi too!! She will love Quidditch where ever she is..))

Mark saw Grande passing and quickly launched himself towards Kat and intercepted the quaffle. Once he had caught it he got back to position and threw the quaffle towards Grande and said,' Try it again mate, that was a nice move everyone.'

Bruin noticed an owl approaching the pitch and not wanting it to get hurt by a stray bludger, flew over and landed to greet it, having an ominous feeling that it was for him. Bruin was correct and the owl landed beside him. He retrieved the note, read it over several times, and then it a state of complete dismay whistled for his teammates to join him.

Gryffindor quidditch, in fact all house quidditch had been cancelled for the season. To be replaced by some club league with less teams. Bruin relayed the news to his teammates, wished them luck, and then assured them that the Pride would reform next year, better and stronger than ever.

(OOC - I'll PM Alicia so that you get credit for this practice. Sorry that it had to end this way. I think we'd have kicked Slytherins, uh, tail, seeing as snakes don't really have an ___ )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back