Gryffindor 1st Years

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked with the others down to the pitch. She was so unbelievably excited. No matter how often she flew here, it still wasn't enough for the girl who used to fly everday whenever she wanted.
She walked to the centre of the pitch and put her Sienna Storm on the ground. The wind had picked up and it was a lot cooler today as well. Will have to start wearing my gloves, she thought.
She held her hand out and commanded her broom to rise, then straddling it she sat hovering and waiting.
"This should be fun anyway", she smiled to the others.

[color=660000]Along with Andy and the other first years, Jolly marched down to the Quidditch Pitch. It was a nice day, more than a little breezy but still cool and nice for flying. She was holding a school broom in hand which she adjusted in mid air just below her waist. The broom stayed still. Jolly smiled and sat atop it, waiting for Bruin to arrive. She looked at Andy and grinned, "Yeah, definite fun!"[/color]

Amy made her way over to the pitch. She had heard from Andy about the extra practise and had dashed up to the dormitory to grab her firebolt. She ran through the castle out onto the pitch where she saw Jolly and Andy already there. "Hey guys" she said happily.

Harriet hurried out onto the quiditch pitch. It was a beautiful day and Harriet had heard that there would be a practise just for Gryffindor first years on and so decided that it would be the perfect oppertunity to get in some more practise. Seeing three other girls there she went over to see if she knew them and seh did "Hiya everyone!" she said.

Andy smiled at all of them, "I think I told everyone, I hope I did", she looked about her, "I also told Michael and Miranda is there anyone I've forgotten?"
She really hoped there wasn't but there were so many people now in their house.

"Erm" Amy thought about the other people in her house. She couldn't immediately think of anyone and said so, "I can't think of anybody at the moment". She thought a little longer, "Oh wait a minute, what about Serena, erm, I don't know her last name" she added.

Andy smiled and said"Yeah, I told Serena as well, actually I think I told about 19 in all. Whether or not they all show up is something else though. Next time I think I'll just ask Professor King to put a poster. Otherwise I won't have a voice left".

"I think that might be a better idea!" Amy said with a smile on her face. "So, while we wait, how is everyone?" she asked.

Bruin made his way onto the Quidditch Pitch with his Scarlet Streak in his left hand and knapsack slung over his right shoulder. He had hoped to beat the "Cubs" down to the pitch, but knew based upon Andy's enthusiasm that this wasn't likely, particularly when he had to make a quick detour on his way. Therefore, he wasn't at all surprised to see a group of four first years already assembled with brooms at the ready near the centre of the pitch.

Bruin tossed his knapsack on the ground and walked over towards the group, some whom he'd had the pleasure of meeting already and a few others whom he only recognized from seeing around the common room. "Hi everyone. I'm Bruin.", he said with a smile, ever the master of the obvious. "So, Andy here tells me that you are eager to do some flying. What does everybody know how to do already?", he asked, not wanting to make any assumptions about their skills or experience.

[color=660000]Jolly turned her broom sharply when she saw Bruin walking towards them from the castle. It was a pretty jerky swerve but she managed to maintain balance and stay on the broom. Jolly beamed as Bruin arrived and introduced himself. "We've had flying lessons, and we are all doing quite well in those," Jolly answered Bruin for everybody. She knew that Andy was good and so was Amy but she had no idea about the other girl, Turner something. Jolly smiled at her, though.[/color]

Andy smiled when she saw Bruin approaching and was disappointed at the poor turnout but maybe others would come along later, she thought.
She waited until Jolly had told him what she was capable of and then shyly which was novel for Andy said, "I can do vertical climbs and dives, I can do rolls and speed stretches, I can swerve left and right pretty fast but still need work on tight spaces. And I can do basic gliding and ..." she grinned widely as she said, ".. hanging from my broom".
She shrugged and looked back at Bruin, hoping she didn't sound overly accomplished because she knew she wasn't. She could do all of those things but she wanted to improve on them, learn more like that amazing flip she had seen Keira do at the tryouts.

Amy watched as Bruin came out onto the pitch. She smiled at him and listened to what he said. What could she do? She thought to herself. When it came down to it all she could do were the very very basic stuff. Feeling very shy she said so, "Erm I can only do very very basic stuff" saying this very quietly. "Actually, I can't land at all, that I do very very badly" she added slightly louder, smiling to herself at the memory of falling off everytime she tried.

Mike came strolling down to the Quidditch Pitch. Hope I'm not late he thought. There stood some felow Gryffindors. "Hey Guys" Mike boomed.

[color=660000]Jolly listened to Andy list her skills with growing admiration. Andy was obviously the best flier out of the lot. But then again, Jolly hadn't seen many of them fly yet. Jolly wondered she would ever be as good at Bruin or Kiera. She needed practice if she wanted to try-out for her team. Just then, Mike came over and Jolly smiled at him. "Hey, Mike!"[/color]

Michael ran down onto the Quiditch Pitch where he had never been before as he had never flew before missing the lessons and hoping to learn and advance with the help of these practices or lessons as he would treat them. He finally caught up to the other guys around Andy.

"Hope I haven't missed anything." Mike said out of breath.

Andromeda smiled, "Just in time Michael".
She knew Bruin would probably want them to get underway but she was still hoping more would show up considering the amount of first years there actually were.

Bruin expected that the students would have different abilities and experiences, although he didn't expect quite this big a disparity between them. "Alright then, the basics is where we start and then we'll see how it goes.", Bruin said with a cheery smile. "Oh, and Amy...don't sweat the landing thing, it'll come. I seem to recall this guy getting hung up in one of the hoops and crashing into the equipment shed a few years back and he's better at landing now.", he said with a wink.

"For me, flying is all about finding that right position on the broom handle where you are in perfect balance. When you find that spot, stick with it because everything hinges on it. A little forward lean and your accelerating smoothly, a little lean to either side and your turning, lean back and pull up and you can stop on a dime.", Bruin said with quiet confidence. "Oh, and a tip to the wise, especially to the guys. Always issue the Up! command before you straddle your broom, NEVER the reverse."

With that said, Bruin threw his leg over his broom and shifted his position until he found his balance point, floating a few feet off the ground and watching the others who weren't already airborne mount up.

[color=660000]Jolly listened with rapt attention to what Bruin had to say and then without taking her eyes off him, she tried to sit on her broom, which was slightly more to the right. With a shriek, Jolly fell over onto the pitch. "Ouch!" she sat up and rubbed her stomach gingerly, staring sheepishly at the others. Her cheeks were bright red. Why did everything bad always happen to her...especially when she was in front of others?[/color]

Harriet listened carefully to Bruins speech. Besided her Jolly fell over on straight onto the pitch she didn't know her well but smiled and offered her a hand up before mounting her broom and flying up with the others. She really loved flying and was glad that there were others who enjoyed as much maybe even more then she did!

Bruin watched as one of the girls attempted to mount her broom unsuccessfully and then required some assistance to get up, but refused to laugh at his housemate's misfortune. Despite being reasonably athletic, he had experienced similar difficulties during the early days and knew how humbling the first experiences with a broom could be. He gave an encouraging smile and then swung himself upwards to give the girl some time to try again.

"Alright, whenever you're ready I'd like you to take a relatively slow lap of the pitch. You can climb and dive a little, but I don't want anyone closer that five feet from one another or the ground. These extra sessions won't be allowed if we have any injuries and I'll take every advantage we can get over the other houses." Bruin called to the others.

Kiera had heard about the Gryffindor first years getting some extra practice with Bruin as a coach. She was curious to see how her possibly future teammates were doing, however she didnt want to interrupt. She quietly snuck down to the pitch and into the stands. She didnt think they would notice her. She smiled as she watched them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back