Grand Dinner

Roswald Holland

[[Just to those invited which will probably be, Alex and Zehava, anyone else PM to join!]]

Roswald and Lila had made in arrangement just before Kasey and Maddiie had to back to Hogwarts. They were going to have a big dinner, similar to the one they had a few years back. Lila wanted to have it as soon as possible, but Roswald decided the best time to have it would be the night Maddiie and Kasey would have to return from their break. Lila had agree, it was the best time to tell them, it made awful sense. Dress in a dressed up shirt, along with some dressy denim jeans, he didn't want to look to flashy. At least presentable for his family, wearing timberland boots along with his outfit, he look rather comfortable. Roswald was preparing the dinner, he had cooked a turkey, along with rice, mash potatoes, salads of possibly any kind, he had a whole feast set up upon the long table of the cottage. Everything smell mouth watering even he couldn't help, taking a few bites out of a bread roll.

After everything was set up he went out towards the foyers, to wait for the others to arrive. He was still waiting for Lila to finish getting ready, she was upstairs in basically their bedroom. Honestly didn't care what she look like, all he knew that he was madly in love with that woman. Sitting back in his armchair, his wand neatly tuck to his side, he look out towards the window, tonight was calming, he hope that it would stay that way.

Maddiie had been sleeping, really taking a nap. It had been a long vacation for her, and for some reason she couldn't wait to get back. It was mostly because she wanted to finish her year off quickly, so that she could finally stay at the flat she had rented. Getting up slowly her mind began to wonder off. That's when she had remembered about the dinner her father had told her that she must attend to. She had invited Alex for that but didn't know if he was going to show up. Most likely he would if he wasn't to busy taking care of his farm, Maddiie had to respect that he really did care about his animals. Fixing her bed with a flick of a wand, she ran out of her room just before Kasey did. Kasey and Maddiie had shared the same bathroom recently, they had the second floor all to themselves but just one bathroom. "Sorry Kasey." she chuckle as she enter quickly, taking her time in the showers. Kasey family had their own home but for the break they all shared the same cottage, it was sort of a summer home to the Carlas. Best thing about this arrangement that the girls had their own room, even Ben had his own on the grounds floor that is. Maddiie brothers and Ben had their rooms down the basement, it was spacious down there, well not really with all the junk they had you couldn't tell their rooms apart.

Half hour later, Maddiie ran out the bathroom, she could of apparate but her room was so close to the bathroom. Getting ready as her doors automatically close, she wore something simple. It was a simple beige color summer dress, with gold slippers without a heel to it. She wanted to be comfortable tonight, even though she was getting use to wearing heels she didn't mind dressing down. Leaving her hair partly out, with her bangs curled, she put on her golden earrings, along with the egg pendant, spraying body splash that smell like vanilla and liliac, she looked ready. Adding just a little gloss against her lips, with no eyeliner she look simple, but with a little edge. "Kay, I'm ready." she said to no one really as she made her way down, sorting the house as she went along.

Jacob had dressed up in a brown ****ie, with brown timberlands, his hair fully spike up. Jon was sort of wearing the same except his was outfit was navy blue, they both looked very American tonight. "Hey Jon is your girlfriend coming?" he asked his brother. Jay had just finish polishing his broomstick, he was already dressed from before, only thing he did just before coming up the stairs was geling up his hair. "You two seem to be getting serious." he said nudging his brother almost knocking him against the wall.

"I'm not sure if she's coming." Jon his brolic like brother, didn't feel much when his brother tried to knock him down. "I hope so, it be nice if she did show up. And what's it ya business if were getting serious or not little bro." he started to grab for Jacob, trying to giving a sweet nookie. Favourite past time is when they were all wrestling, even Maddiie used to get down rough and dirty a few times. Finally reaching the last step, Jon would spot his sister cleaning up. "Ello sis, seem like you can't write to anyone any more eh?" Jon question her with a obvious look bestowed on his appearances.

"Do I have to inform you what's going on in my life 24/7" Maddiie snapped back at him as she plowed him with a pillow. "Last time I check you didn't write to me on my birthday." she reminded that to the both of them, her wand clutch in her hand as she fixed the portraits that were hanging on the wall. "So let me ask before you do, who's the girl?" Maddiie turned around, her tongue rounding against her inner cheek, wondering who be dating her brother now.

"Hey can't I worry about my sister, and I know we totally forgot your 18th birthday." Jon said looking down, he swear sometimes his sister was acting like their mom everytime she was around them. "Well her name Zau- I mean Zehava." did he almost said Zauk name, nah he couldn't have, he really did care about Zehava, but haven't told his friend Zak the good news. "If she comes, you will meet her soon, so be nice!" he sized up his adult sister, his height already passed hers along time ago.

"pfft!" Maddiie rolled her eyes at her brother as she slide a hand up to his noggin to push him away. "I don't act out, I'm a mature adult now lil Jon Jon" she teased him, elbowing his chest gently afterwards. "Besides if Alex comes over I expect the same from you, so you don't worry about me behaving." crossing her arms to her chest, she gave Jon that evil glare, with her lips popping out with attitude to her poise as she stare.

"Ummm which Alex? You mean Alex Cullen?" Jon tried hard to hold a snicker as raise his arms out in defense. He knew that would strike a core between him and sister, and he wasn't going to tell her how he find out. He was just joking anyway, he just wanted to see how she react, at the end he regretted that he seen the fury in her eyes. "I'm kidding Maddiie! Woman take a joke!"

"Oh Jon! Estupido!" she shouted at him, as she swung her hand to slap him across his face. Maddiie felt the burn as her hand slide across his face back to her side, still fuming in agony. " How did you know about that anyway?!?" she wanted to scream but held the urges to do so, shaking her head. "No its Fields thank you very much, and I really care about him, so don't mention that again!" she turned around to walk towards the kitchen, to get a drink for herself. Maddiie notice, either Jon had change drastically or he really did have a big cranium. Taking a seat on one of the chairs, she slipped relaxing back, trying to calm down as she waited for the rest of them to show up. She sure she had left Kasey upstairs, Lila must've been getting ready as well. All they really needed was Ben, and anyone else who was invited to the dinner.

Alex aparated to the outside of the house, not being rude to apparate into the house seeing as he might scare them half to death and could be on the next trip to St Mungo's. Looking around he could see no one around so he walked up the door and knocked. He had been invited over for dinner and he wasn't going to stand them up, over anything. His Grounds keeper, Mr Murrow could deal with anything that was happening at home at the present time.

Jon felt the slapped fully hit him across his face he knew he had deserve that. Right when he was about to apologise and tell her he didn't mean to, she had stormed away. Great now my sister was mad at me, what else could go wrong Jon thought. Pretending as if he didn't care, he shrugged and walks towards the door, seeing as his father had taken a quick leave, he guess he was now in charge of welcoming the guest. Gasping the handle, he open the doors to the cottage to see a guy standing, who seem to have been around Jon age. "Yes could I help you?" he asked him not knowing that was Maddiie boyfriend.

The door opened quickly and a man stood there, well young man probably a little bit younger then he was was standing there. " Yeah I'm Alexander Fields, Maddiie's boyfriend is she here?" he asked extending his hand to greet the boy. He was hoping that he wasn't going to be the type of brother who was set out to make sure no one was with his sister, seeing as she was to over protective of her.

Lila was upstairs in the Hollawarth cottage where Roswalld had invited her family to spend the summer together. She couldn't believe that he had actually proposed her a week ago. The evening had been excellent and the romantic manner he choose to ask her for marriage had touched her heart. So here she was, on the last day of their summer vacation in Hollawarth cottage.

She wondered how the kids would react to the news, excitement filling her up as she dressed elegantly in Roswalld's bedroom that was soon to be theirs. She was wearing a comfortable,cute black tube dress and wore golden-black heels. Putting on pearl earings, a snake ring she walked out of the bedroom and made her way down to the hall from were rose many different voices.

She had never been so happy in the last three years. Giving everyone a bright smile she greeted them "Hello kids, how are you all doin?" Noticing another boy who was Ben's age he heard as he introduced himself as Maddiie's boyfriend. "Hi Alex, I am Lila Carla. Maddiie's right here, come on in" she said with a warm smile.

Kasey was very happy and this happiness had many reasons behind it. One being the holidays had been fabulous, another was that her mom was very happy and thus Roswalld had invited them to stay in their cottage for the summer. For this teenager, it was a really cool place. They had arrived from Hogwarts and the Hollawarths had arranged a their stay here at their cottage, it was so sweet.

Kasey and Maddiie were sharing a room, it was very spacious and Kasey loved being with Maddiie and the summer had past rather peacefully.Kasey needed her sweet time because she kept her things organized especially when it was at someone's place. Deciding to wear a cute red top with a funky jean skirt she choose bright yellow sandals and some matching accessories with her outfit for the big dinner tonight.

The female Carlas had a thing for fashion and Kasey had just got it a year back. It was in her genes to dress up nicely no matter what occasion it was. After taking a quick shower she was excited to meet the Hollawarth boys. They were so much fun to spend time with and she wouldn't be seeing them after tomorrow for like another year or maybe even more.

Walking down to the hall she grinned at the guys, Ben as usual was taking his sweet time. "Hey Jay, Jon" she said giving them both a hug.Boy, had they grown and changed into handsome young men. Noticing another guy whom she recognized as Alex, she grinned at him. "Hey Alex, I am Kasey" she said introducing herself and giving out her hand for a shake.

(The time errors have been edited. Its officially the end of holidays ^_^ )

Benjamin had arrived to the Hollawath's cottage a month back. He had finally graduated from Dumstrang getting the highest grades in the year and being the most loved Captain of the Qudditch team. Many girls had cried on the last day and in a month he had received a dozens of owls from females. He was chilling at the cozy cottage and he had a room for himself so that was good.

He had planned that a week after the girls were back and got over with all their demands for gifts and shopping, he'd go to St.Mungos and apply for a training healer. Roswalld had agreed to help and he was grateful to him. Although Ben had been informed about the dinner earlier that day, he was late because he had been deeply in thought on a matter that was bothering him from a few days.

When he realized it was time, he quickly changed into a casual black jeans and a bright white shirt. He would have worn a tie but he didn't wanna make it look formal. Walking up to the hall with one hand in his jean pocket he spotted his family and the Hollawarths gathered in the hall. "Hey everyone" he said with a smile to all who looked at him on his greeting.
He would be spending time with the Hollawarth guys but Maddiie he wouldn't see so often

He gave her a one sided hug and looked at who the new guest was. "Hey Alex, I am Benjamin"he said with a grin. Cracking jokes was an old habit of Ben and he said "Don't mind the hug dude, I just love your girlfriend"

Maddiie was already in the living room, when the Carla started to appear and Alex was finally here. Maddiie didn't look at Jon, she knew he would still have a red mark on his face from the slap that she just gave him. Maddiie felt bad but he shouldn't have said what he said. "Hey Kasey and Lila." she smiled happily at them, looking rather fashionable at the moment. "I guess we brunettes do it best." she grin, with a slight giggle, seeing everyone had looked fabulous in casual clothing. Turning to Alex, she smiled as he enter, than spoted Ben coming along. "Hey Ben!" she return the one aided hug and nudge him. "Don't worry I love you to!" she said in a friendly manner giving him a peck on the cheek before turning around looking at Alex. "Glad you could make it!" she gave him a soft kiss on the lips blushing because of the public display of affection.

Jay rolled his eyes at his brother, what a idiot. Not getting involved Jay sat waiting for everyone to come. "Hey Ms. Carla" he greeted her sweetly and even waved at Kasey. Once he saw Alex and Ben he greeted them both. "Heya Alex and Ben." he stood greeted everyone. "Looks like we have a full house!" he said excited but with dad nowhere to be found. "Were dad?"

Jon shaked Alex hand briefly letting him as Ms. Carla had appear coming down the steps. He was going to say something but instead changed his mind. He didn't want to be the one to ruin the fun, so he decided to sit as everyone greeted each other. "Hey Ms. Carla, Kasey and Ben." he said with a cheeky smile on his face, he was avoiding his sister stare, she will eventually forgive him. But he knew next time when not to cross her lines "Don't know he probably went on errands or something." he replied to his brother questioning.

Lila grinned at the exchange of introduction between the kids."Please call me Lila" she told them with a smile. Lila was rather impressed from the young love between Maddiie and Alex. She wondered if she'd see Kasey doing the same soon, she hoped so. She didn't want her girl to be lonely and she knew that Kasey was just the type who would go miles to hurt herself. Sighing at the thought she suggested "Why don't we all sit down and chat while Roswalld comes"

Motioning towards the couches that were set nicely to occupy all this people she grinned thinking about the moment when they would tell the kids. The house had been decorated with good scented flowers, ribbons and alike. Lila loved the way Roswalld managed this cozy little cottage of his. She wondered where he was at the moment, she missed him. Not seeing him for two hours was more than Lila could handle.

A loud thumb could be heard from the cottage court yard, Roswald had appear, but had landed horribly. He had just gotten away from destroying another black hole, well not destroying concealing it and his family didn't know about that in his job. Course he was in the mystery department how was even going to explain what he had just done. Looking down he still looked perfectly put together, thank Merlin whatever dark forces that was trying to come out, was sealed quickly. "Man this job horrid, but who else going to do it." he said to himself brushing the side of his shirt.

Eventually he had calm down, although he had a few bruises and cuts he manage to heal them with antidote, something he always carried on missions like those. Walking into his home now, he smile prefectly seeing the parlour was full with both his and Lila kids. He already felt the atmosphere in the air, it was something he had been wanting to feel for a long time. "Hello All." he greeted them, shaking all his sons hand including Ben and Alex. Kissing Maddiie and Kasey on the cheek, and once he reached Lila, he lean down to kiss her soft lips. "Hello Love, lovely as always." he grin taking her up by the hand, and wrapping his arm around her waist. Roswald wish he could never leave her side, she was breathtaking since the first day he met her. "Alright everyone into the diner hall." he annouced, as they all stood up following Lila and himself towards the long table that had already been set, pulling up Lila chair the one closet to him, he let her sit down. As he made his way next to her but in the main chair looking around them.

Maddiie had smiled as her father had kissed her, "Hello Daddy." she greeted him as she to follow them all into the diner hall. This part of the cottage was enchanted to make it seem larger than it really was, with more bodies than ever, Maddiie sat down next to Alex opposite from Jay. She was excited that everyone had decided upon this, it be her last night possibly in this house. She hadn't told them about her new flat, and will probably tell her father right after graduation. She sat waiting looking towards her father, who seem to have been preparing to say something.

Kasey was feeling very happy being with her family and friends. "Hi Mr.Roswalld" Kasey greeted Roswalld as he softly kissed her on the cheek. As Mr.Roswalld asked everyone to go to the dinning hall, Kasey followed the lot. It was decorated nicely in the dinning hall, all matching utensils, curtains, table cloth and matching decorations like some fairies providing rainbow lights. She grinned and took a seat beside Benjamin allowing Madz to get some privacy with her boyfriend.

"Mom, next holiday we should invite them" she whispered to her mom. Giggling as she teased her mother she awaited the grand dinner itself. Boy, was she feeling hungry.

Ben smiled as Maddiie joined in the joke too. Alex was, he had to agree a good looking guy. Without much delay Roswalld appeared and Ben followed him to dinner. Benjamin had skipped lunch as he had gone to one of the New Zealand beach with his friends. He intended to get to know all the healers in training like himself. His new friends were very welcoming and he was glad.

As Kasey slid beside him he asked her "Kase, you took a lot of time that day at New Year's night. Where were you?"he asked recalling them at Brighstone and Kasey had left them because she twisted her ankle. He couldn't remember what had happened then because all of them had so much butterbeer and it had been one at night. Of course now that he remembered he was worried and wanting to know where his sister had been.

Lila's eyes ached to see her love. Hoping Roswalld was alright wherever he was she sighed missing him so much every second. Just then he came in through the front door. Kissing him back she asked "You alright darlin?" How much she cared for him yet she knew she wasn't going to ask him what happened. That dialog was long gone from her dictionary. Knowing Roswalld worked for the Unspeakable she wouldn't torture him to share it with her.

Walking beside him, hand in hand she sat by him on the table smiling. Her eyes twinkled with happiness now that he was back here with them. She shot a look at Kasey that told her to stop it. How could one tease their own mother? However as Ben was sitting next to Kasey and Kasey sat beside Lila, she heard clearly what Ben asked Kasey.

She remembered to have left the kids on New Year's eve and attend a private party with Roswalld in the Ministry. She hadn't asked them where they had gone and what time they returned. However now that the topic rose, she was as curious as Ben to know what Kasey had been up to on that night.

"Yes I'm fine." Roswald smile, hating the fact he couldn't tell his soon to be wife what had just happen while he was okay. "Sorry all don't meant to interrupt." he stood, as his wave across the table, everyone glass cup was filled with champagne as he stood to make the announcement. "I would like to say, were all proud each and everyone of you. Congrats to Ben who will be joining St. Mungos facilities, and to Maddiie and Alex who will be graduating this year." he held his glass for a cheer. "Kasey, who will be graduation next year, who was the best perfect in this family of ours. Jon and Jacob, to Jay a good beater, and hopefully a famous one, some day. Jon who will be joining me in the department of ministry next year." he held another cheer for that. "Now for our news, Lila and I..." he held his breath as he smirked in delight. "Will finally be getting married!" he said excited, as the diner burst into excitement. He held out his glass again taking his last gulp, as he lean forward to kiss his bride to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back