Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
From the end of the hall, the Headmistress stood waiting for graduates and guests alike to enter and take their appropriate seats. Gone were the long tables that usually resided in the hall, leaving a large empty space for rows upon rows of padded chairs. Gone too, where the usual banners and drapes depicting the four individual houses and their respective colours, replaced now by banners depicting only the Hogwarts insignia on a dark, plain background. Today, the seventh years weren't divided as Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs or Slytherins. They were the class of 2045. They were gathered here together as one, just as they had all arrived as one so many years ago.

As everyone settled into their seats, Katherine strode across the stage to take her position at the podium. With a raise of her hand, the murmur and chatter of those present were called upon to cease, and finally she spoke. "Welcome all of you, family and friends, students and staff, to the graduation ceremony of twenty forty-five. Thank you for joining us in celebrating the long journey of our honoured graduates, and in commending their seven years of growth and dedication at Hogwarts New Zealand. Truly, they have been the heart and soul of this school." There was a brief moment of applause for the students, and once that too had died down, Katherine continued. "To the class of twenty-forty five, remember that your lives are only just beginning. You are all the future of wizardkind, and it is your actions and achievements that will continue to shape the world we live in. With that said, I'd like to call upon our head students, Hamish Kaster and Olivia Havelock to take the podium. Please give them a warm welcome." The Headmistress finished, stepping off to the side to allow the two students to take her place and present their speeches.​

OOCOut of Character:
This thread is for Graduates and Speakers to post in. Guests and Spectators can post in the 'Guest' topic.

Olivia couldn't believe that her graduation had arrived, it had been a day she had long been looking forward to and dreading and now it had arrived the Ravenclaw didn't know what to make of it. The girl knew what she wanted to do when she left and everything was sorted for her once she left the school but the thought of actually leaving was upsetting because of who she would be leaving behind. The day of the graduation arrived and Olivia felt a knot in her stomach as the prospect of giving her speech drew closer. Olivia stood to one stage as she listened to the headmistress give her speech to the graduating class. Olivia looked out at the crowd and tried to spot Izzy, she needed to know where not to look when she gave her speech for fear that she may burst into tears.

Once Professor Alicastell finished her lecture it was time for Olivia to walk out onto the stage. She looked at Hamish before she switched places with the headmistress and looked out at her classmates. "I'm feeling quite emotional today so I'll keep this short. I've had a lot of ups and downs during my time at this school and I think each of them has made me the person I am today, whether you think that's a good thing or not I thank each and every one of you that has had an impact on my life," Olivia briefly spotted Darcy in the crowd and blushed before quickly looking away. "Even the bad ones," At that she looked over at Hamish. "What comes next for us all won't be easy but we have long been preparing to take out first steps into the adult world and I have faith that we will all thrive. Goodbye class of 2045 and good luck," Olivia smiled at the crowd and walked off the stage wondering what Hamish had to say.

Hamish was excited to finally be graduating. He didn't really have anything planned for it, beyond getting up and getting acknowledged so that he could leave. He had nothing tying him here, no memories strong enough to get him missing the place, and he didn't really care if he never saw the school again. It had been nice enough to be here, but enough was enough. He had things to do and wanted to get started on a new chapter of life right now. Professor Alicastell's moment in the spotlight was taking too long, and next it was Olivia to get up there and waste some more time with being inspirational. Ugh. He fought the urge to give her the bird when he was obviously accused of having a bad impact on her life. Probably true, which he could accept, but he wasn't ready to accept that she was actually happy about it.

When Olivia finally dragged her bleeding heart back under control, Hamish took her place without a second glance and jumped right in. "I'd like to wish everyone luck with your futures as we've all worked hard in our own ways to get here. It's finally paid off and we can get out and become contributing members of society." He gave Olivia a smile that was not at all friendly. "Once again, good luck everyone and congratulations." Feeling like he did a great job as there was zero foul language, almost minimal sarcasm and some reasonably genuine looking smiles, Hamish returned to his place for the ceremony to continue.

Katherine stood quietly to the side as the two head students gave their speeches, applauding each in turn as they finished and stepped down from the podium to make their way back to their seats. With all said and done, the Headmistress took their place once more to address the hall. "Thank you, Mr Kaster and Miss Havelock for those words. To the class of twenty-forty five - the future is yours - don't be afraid to leave your mark in the history of wizardkind. I look forward to seeing what each of you bring to the wizarding world. Now, let's move on to why we're all here. When I call your name, come up to the stage to receive your diploma." The woman said, taking a moment to look across the sea of faces in front of her, many for the last time. Her eyes dropped to the parchment she held, and she called up the first of many names.

OOCOut of Character:
It's time Graduates. You can now RP your character coming on stage, getting his or her diploma and then sitting back down until the end of the ceremony.

Isabelle couldn't believe that this was all happening so quickly. The girl was about to become even more independent after graduating and she couldn't help but feel happy about it - happy about finishing her exams, spending more time with Link, and moving out of the house away from the younger ones to become her own person. Knowing that this was an important event that she would only attend once in her life, Isabelle made sure to take her time getting ready, dressing smartly for the occaision. It felt good to be able to dress up and the Ravenclaw smiled as she stepped into the Great Hall, taking her seat at the front of the room as the ceremony began. She kept an eye out for her family and smiled at them, finding her four siblings in the crowd with their parents. When she saw Link, the girl beamed and waved at him, figuring that him being there would make this day so much more memorable.

Isabelle reverted her attention back to the stage, watching as the head boy and girl stood up for their speeches. After they spoke, Isabelle politely clapped along with everyone else, wating patiently for her name to be called out. It took a while but eventually it was and the girl tried not to shake too much as she walked upon the stage and shook the headmistress' hand before taking her diploma and walking to the other side. The girl had finally graduated and she continued to clap along for everyone else as the rest of the students walked upon the stage, a smile planted right on her face.

Opting for a simple, peached outfit, Danielle Kenz Corelli waited along many others who were finally leaving the walls of Hogwarts for the last time. The Hufflepuff Keeper looked to the swarming faces of the families and friends who came to witness this big event in their lives. She caught sight of her brother, Dominic King, who took leave from work just to see her walk on stage. With a big grin on his face, he gave her a thumbs up, to which she returned with a goofy smile. She looked back to the front to listen to their Head Boy and Girl gave their speeches. When they finished, she clapped her hands along with the others and her eyes wandered again. Her eyes met with Aion Zephyr and with a polite smile, she nodded her head in greeting. She looked back to the spectators again, this time, looking for a particular Ravenclaw. She was sure that he would be wearing his leather jacket again. As always.

Prof. Alicastell started calling the names and thinking it would be alphabetical, Danielle was surprised when Isabelle Vernier was called first. Seemed like it would be random. She watched the Ravenclaw girl went up the stage and received her diploma. Danielle clapped her hands, although she was feeling fidgety all of a sudden. Afterward, it was Danielle's turn. She smoothed out her hair and made her way up the stage. Shaking her hand with the Headmistress, she accepted her diploma. She looked to the mass of faces and saw her brother clicking away on a camera with his smile still visible behind the contraption. She waved once and went back to her chair. She had done it. She had finally graduated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back