Graduation 2034: The Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ava King

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Ava Davershire glanced fondly around the Hall, trying to keep her mind off the inevitable. It was a bitter-sweet moment; a moment of sadness, that a number of great students were leaving Hogwarts. No year was ever the same, no student alike. But it was a moment of great pride. Ava was proud of every single student that was graduating. She was proud of the Professor's for teaching everyone well enough for them to pass. Ava watched the graduates and their guests making their way into the hall and each taking their seats. The Professor smiled at each one, knowing that she had to have a brave face for each person today; a new lot of students would be coming in the next year, and she would have to try to get used to saying goodbye to students, even though there were some students she knew the Professors weren't too upset about leaving.

Once everyone was seated, the Headmistress made her way to the front of the stage, smiling nervously to the crowd. "Welcome parents, guests, and most importantly, graduates. Thank-you to everyone who made it here to join us in celebrating and honouring the graduating class of 2034." Ava focused her attention on the students graduating. "Graduates, remember that this is not the end, it is simply the beginning. You are going into a world where anything is possible, so dream big, and work hard. I'd now like to welcome up your Head Boy and Girl, Samual Kaster and Aphrodite Snow." Ava finished before moving away from the podium and clapping for Samual and Aphrodite.

OOCOut of Character:
Out of Character: Important Information
This thread is for Graduates and Speakers to post in. Graduates please do not post until the Head Boy and Head Girl have posted. Guests and Spectators can post in the 'Guest' topic.

Aphrodite was a bundle of nerves right now. Being in front of people never really bothered her before, in fact she often craved the attention. But with being the Head Girl, Aphrodite felt like she was being judged a little bit more harshly than she would usually be. People looked at the Head Boy and Girl as leaders, and Aphrodite wasn't too sure on her leadership skills. Aphrodite was good at making making others look at her, but did they see her as a leader? Aphrodite had a speech planned of course. Being the type of person she was, she actually had the speech done a good month in advance so she could make sure it was perfect. Perfect in her mind at least. Of course, she knew some would hate it. Particularly those that didn't like her very much. Aphrodite never understood why some of the people hated her the way they did. Aphrodite had never done anything to them and they in return treated her like she was the devil or something. It kind of bothered her when they assumed her life was perfect too. Clearly they understood nothing. Aphrodite glanced down at her lap once more. After the speeches were given, Aphrodite would officially be a graduate of Hogwarts New Zealand. Hopefully she could at least get through today. Isaia was here to support her, and so was parts of her family. Aphrodite had no idea if Theodore was coming or not. A part of Aphrodite wanted him to show up. Then she could rub in his face that he wasn't the only who was special. That Aphrodite no longer lived in his or Alyssa's shadows anymore. After a brief speech from the Headmistress, it was time for the speeches to be given. Aphrodite paled when all eyes fell on her. Apparently she was going first. Aphrodite got up from her seat and slowly made her way up to the podium. Instantly the blonde was greeted was the many eyes of the relatives who had come to see their loved ones graduate. Aphrodite sighed softly and worked up the courage to find her voice. If she ever wanted to be a singer she needed to get through this first.

"First off, I wanted to thank all of you for coming out here tonight. Your support means the world to us." Aphrodite smiled brightly, showing off her pearly white teeth. In the crowd she spotted her sister and Isaia sitting together. They looked so proud. It was sad that Vincent had to stay home with the kids. "All of my life, I've lived in the shadow of my elder siblings Alyssa and Theodore. The were the first-born, and they were the first ones to come to this school from my family. Everyone was so proud of them. It was all they ever talked about. Then, my brother Theodore became Head Boy. He was all my family ever wanted to talk about. I came here wanting to rise out of the shadows. I didn't want to be known as Theodore and Alyssa's little sister. I wanted to be more. I wanted to be remembered." Aphrodite started off. Explaining her fuel for getting through school, and even the fuel for getting where she was today. She wondered if anyone here the moment remembered Theodore. Apparently he was fairly well known. Probably because he could be a real jerk when he wanted to be. "My mom died when I was a baby, and my dad died just before I started school. I really wish they could be here today. I've made my own path, and I wish more than anything that I could have made them as proud as my brother's and sister's did. I can't thank all of you enough. My classmates, professor's, and my family for bringing me to the place I am today. As I'm sure we all are. I think whether we all realize it or not, we all came here with a purpose in mind. For me it was to make a name for myself. For some it was to make friends, or play Quidditch. I think the main thing we should all thing about today is if we're proud of the people we've become. Or if we managed to accomplish all the things we wanted to while we were here. If not, then today might not feel as magical as it should." Aphrodite smiled sadly. Hoping that every single one of her peers was happy with the things they had done in school. Were they graduating with find memories, or a ton of regrets? Aphrodite took one more glance at her sister and her boyfriend before she decided to wrap her speech up. Boy was she ready to graduate already!

"So, class of 2034, it's been a pleasure sharing this castle with you for the past seven years. I wish you good luck in all of your future lives, and I sincerely hope that we might all get the chance to see one another again." Aphrodite then turned away from the Podium and went back to her seat, that way she could eagerly wait for the Head Boy to make his speech. Then the diplomas could be handed out and Aphrodite could go to her loved ones and thank them for coming. Hopefully Alyssa wasn't too offended by her speech. Aphrodite hadn't meant any harm, she just wanted her sister to know that she had risen above and she wasn't going to let the define her anymore. As much as she wanted this to speed along, she was also kind of scared. It was easy to say that she was going to miss this place and all the memories she had made while here. It was a good thing that she had given the castle one last walk-through so she could take all of it in one last time. Hogwarts would always be a part of her life. Maybe one day her own kids would come here. Then she could have a chance to see this place one more time.

This was it. Samual sat silently as the proceedings began. This was graduation, it was like a dream. The year had flown by fast for him. He still felt like it was the start of the year. He didn't feel like he should be here, not yet. Did others feel like that? After speeches are wrapped up, they would be gone. Released upon the world. It was enough to make the Head Boy's stomach churn. This had to be similar to a roller-coaster ride or something. He had mixed feelings. One half told hi that this was good, it was time to graduate. The other was ready to start back in first year again. He tapped his thigh as things ran along smoothly. He had a speech prepared. He had been writing it for quite a long time, longer than he wanted to admit. It just did not sound right, each and every time he read over it, he found himself scribbling it out and starting again. He chopped and added various parts. Now, he was fairly confident with it. Enough to actually read to the friends and family of his peers, and the prefects and professors. Sammy glanced at Aphrodite for a moment, wondering who would go first. He nodded slightly as she stood, and began her speech. She seemed about as nervous as he was. He couldn't blame her. Going first much be daunting. He glanced out at the crowd, spotting familiar faces hat he would be able to look at as he spoke. At least he wouldn't be looking out at a bunch of strangers while he spoke. That was a relaxing thought.

Sammy smiled as Aphrodite spoke. It was a very nice speech, it seemed to come straight from the heart. Samual was not planning to speak much of his family, since he really had no shoes to fill. In fact, simply getting above E and not being expelled was good enough to pass the majority of his siblings. He was not from a family of academics. He exhaled quietly as Aphrodite finished. It was now his turn. He wasn't sure if everyone would like his speech, but he hoped the majority did. Sammy looked out at the sea of people before him. There were quite a few people. He could see Hazel, who still seemed annoyed with him. He spotted Star, and other familiar face, who all helped him smile. He took a deep breath. "Almost seven years ago, most of us walked these halls as first years, barely knowing what to do with ourselves. Now, we are all in our final year, leaving the school with a whole new group of people taking our place. Most being as nervous as we were on our first day," he looked around the crowd, feeling his heart slowly settling down. This wasn't as hard as he thought it would be. "For some, it's been a long year, while for others, this year has been incredibly short. However, I think we've all done something here that we can look back on fondly. Experiences varied for everyone, but I think that, good or bad, each of us will remember this place. Whether you remember friends, or hard times, Hogwarts has a way of growing in your memories."

Sammy grinned as he remembered Professor Le Fey. "A great professor once told me that a problem shared is a problem halved. The one thing I learnt most while I was here was to lean on others when needed. Whether they be a friend, relative or professor. This is where our school truly excels, I think. Throughout my time here, I have seen people leaning on each other for support, and people offering to help others when in need." Never mind the horrible people that have tried to spread trouble throughout the school. The Head Boy never took much notice of people like that. "We're all seated here today because we have worked to get here, and hopefully you have all made friends and had as much fun as I did getting to where I am today," he smiled gently as he came closer to the end of his speech. A bittersweet feeling washing over him. Even if some of these people did not like him, or know him too well, he was going to miss every one of them. "But, now we've all got to leave and start our independent lives. There will be no more homework, or essays in class to do. We're free from stuff like that now. Congratulations, everyone. We're graduating, and I hope that you have all had a good a time as I have in this castle that we have all had the privilege to call our home." Sammy then left the podium and sat in his seat carefully. He was really excited now. The speeches were done, and that meant that they could continue to collecting their diplomas and leaving to talk to loved ones. It also meant that the final step was coming. Butterflies starting spawning in his stomach. It was still too fast, the Head Boy was quite sure that he didn't want to leave just yet.

Ava listened to the Head Boy and Head Girl's speeches, smiling proudly of who they had become. Everyone had come so far since they first started, and Professor Davershire was proud to have been part of their journey. Once they were finished with their speeches, Ava enthusiastically clapped along with the crowd and approached the podium as the two graduates made their way back to their seats.
"Thank-you Miss Snow and Mr Kaster, for your amazing words of encouragement. Class of 2034, remember this day fondly, but keep keeping on. Don't ever give up. Congratulations students." Ava finished warmly. As she called each student up, and shook their hands, Ava wished each and every one of them luck, hoping the best for their futures.

OOCOut of Character:
It's time Graduates, you can now RP your character coming on stage, getting his or her diploma and then sitting back down until the end of the ceremony.

Kaia Lutrova was super excited to Graduate, even if it didn't show on her face right now. Hogwarts allowed her to create some fond memories with those closest to her, but Kaia was ready to break out from this place and make memories elsewhere. A lot had changed since she had first come to Hogwarts, one of the most obvious being the fact that she had Zayne. Her dad still didn't know that Zayne had asked her to marry him and that she had said yes. Sure they were of age so it wasn't like they were planning to do something illegal, but she was scared that her dad wasn't going to be happy that she had done it so young. Or that he wouldn't approve of Zayne. Sooner or later, Kaia knew that she was going to have to tell him about it. He might even already know if Hades II had told him. Kaia stared down at her ring as the speeches by the Head Boy and Head Girl were being given. Though Kaia wasn't much of a fan of Aphrodite, she almost felt bad for the girl. Both of her parents were dead and they couldn't be here to see her big day. Kaia knew what it was like not to have her real parents around to be with her. So a small part of Kaia pitied Aphrodite. Kaia felt that she was able to connect with the Head Boy's speech a little as well, but not as much as she could with Aphrodite's. Kaia's eyes finally allowed her to stop staring at her ring so she could focus on what the Headmistress had to say next. Kaia hated to admit that she wasn't paying attention much during the instructions for the ceremony so she could only hope that she didn't mess up.

One by one, they were all called up to receive their diploma. Zayne was called up before Kaia was, and she had never been more proud of him. He looked awful cute in the outfit he was wearing. Kaia clapped with a bright smile on her face the entire time as she watched him. Kaia soon heard her own name being called and silently stood up. As carefully as she could, she made her way over to the podium, gingerly took her diploma from the Headmistress, and went back to her seat. It felt weird knowing that she was a Graduate now. Pretty soon this place would become nothing but a distant memory for her. Next year, she wouldn't have to worry about boarding that train and getting dressed up into her Ravenclaw Uniform, or even being able to look forward to the Quidditch games she had become accustomed to attending. When the ceremony was over with, Kaia found Zayne quickly and congratulated him before she let him go off to his parents and sister to say hello. They would have plenty of time to be around one another once the day was over with, for now they should focus on being with their families. With that, Kaia went off to go find her brother and her dad, even Etoile too if she had actually come with.

Aphrodite could only hope that everyone liked her speech. If not then there wasn't really that much that she could do about it since it was already said and done. After a moment. Aphrodite heard the headmistress say that she was going to start handing out their diploma's and Aphrodite smiled. Soon enough she would be a Graduate, and she would be free to do her own thing. Hopefully that meant being with Isaia and focusing on her music. One by one, Aphrodite's classmates were called up. Her last name started with an S so she knew she would have to wait for a bit before he name was called. As each and every one of her classmates was called, Aphrodite clapped loudly. It was the polite thing for her to do, even if she knew that many of them probably hated her guts. Finally it was Aphrodite's turn to go and receive her diploma. Gracefully, the leggy blonde stood up and made her way over to Professor Davershire. As quickly as she could without knocking the poor woman over, Aphrodite took her diploma and went back towards her seat. It felt surreal to finally have that piece of paper in her hands.

When the ceremony was over with, Aphrodite didn't waste a moment in going to see her sister and Isaia. Aphrodite immediately jumped Isaia into a hug. It was hard not being able to see him all the time, he looked older already. "I'm so happy you both came! I hope Vincent wasn't too bummed that he had to stay home with Chacen and Azelle." Aphrodite leaned in and gave Isaia a quick kiss before she then went to give her elder sister a hug. Alyssa seemed pretty happy to be here. Perhaps she missed being at Hogwarts? For the time being Aphrodite didn't think she was going to miss it too much, but she knew soon enough she would start to miss the little routine she had developed here. But as it was, she had to move on at some point or another. Everyone did.

Athena couldn’t be happier as she stepped into the Great Hall for graduation. No one would be able to see her dress until she removed her cap and gown, but she knew that she looked amazing. She’d managed to find a gown that almost perfectly matched her eyes. Glancing down at her graduation gown’s bodice to be sure for the millionth time that her prefect badge was still on, a soft smile crept over the Slytherin’s face. Just when she’d lost hope of getting it back, Professor Styx had called her into his office just hours before she retired for the night to return her badge to her. Athena had left his office, an expression that indicated that she was both relieved that he’d noticed her efforts and pride that she would be able to wear the badge on the most important day of her life. That it would be a surprise to her father and sister made her even happier. Athena would never admit to it, but she’d even fallen asleep with the badge under her pillow, her fingertips on it as if she needed the reassurance that it was really hers once more. Taking her seat beside the other prefects, Athena looked for her cousins, wondering if they were just as thrilled as she was about the day. Turning in her seat, the young woman’s silver eyes scanned the crowd eagerly. She spotted a few other family members, ones that her cousins had probably invited. She also spotted an old Hogwarts student or two, no doubt here for a sibling. Her eyes lit up when she finally spotted her sister, Kamaria. Her sister looked lovely as always. Moving her gaze to the side, Athena spotted her father. She turned a bit more in her seat so that she could hold up the part of her gown that her badge was attached to. She wasn’t sure her father would be able to see what it was from this distance, but he was a smart man and she could hope. Turning back to her classmates, Athena chatted quietly with them until the Headmistress took to the stage to begin the ceremony.

Facing forward, Athena crossed one leg over the other as she settled down to listen to the speeches. The Head Girl was up first. Athena watched the Gryffindor walk up to the stage, wondering what it might have been like if she was Head Girl. For the first time that she could recall, Athena gave Aphrodite credit for something she knew she wouldn’t be able to do. Athena knew that she would never have been able to stand in front of her peers, the staff and all of the guests to give a speech. As the Head Girl spoke, Athena began to realize how alike the two of them were. Both had older siblings who had left legacies behind. Both strived to outdo their siblings, if only so that they could be remembered as someone themselves. The Slytherin was beginning to see the Gryffindor in a new light, thinking that maybe she wasn’t perfect even if it seemed that way on the surface. Considering the words that the girl was speaking, Athena wondered if she had accomplished what she had set out to. After a moment, she realized that she had or at least she had begun to. Thinking back on who she had been when she’d first joined the school, Athena knew that the same girl no longer existed. The Slytherin had grown in leaps and bounds, coming out of her shell while still maintaining her family’s expectations of her. She’d made mistakes along the way and relapsed a few times, but she knew that she was a much better person today than she had been when she’d first arrived at eleven. Athena knew that she would never be truly friends with Aphrodite even if their brothers were the best of friends, but today she had gained some understanding of the girl. As she finished her speech, Athena found herself clapping whole heartedly. That speech had touched her much more deeply than she ever thought it would and certainly much more than she cared to admit. As the Head Boy took to the stage, Athena listened to his speech with continued interest. While good, his speech did not touch her in quite the same way that Aphrodite’s had. Athena gave her cousins a sidelong glance, knowing that they were the ones out of this whole group whom she could truly count out. What had happened between them at the Borely mansion had been enough for her to know that they would have her back as she would have theirs. She glanced over to Kiara too, giving her a small, sad smile as she realized that their friendship, though important would likely not last much longer.

As Professor Davershire began to beckon them forward, Athena felt a burst of excitement. She stood up with her row, moving forward to get her diploma. Athena had a long wait, but once her name was called it felt like it had been no time. Moving across the stage with ease, the tall blonde shook hands with the Headmistress as she received her diploma. She smiled towards her father and sister as she returned to her seat, waiting for the ceremony to end. Athena wouldn’t be the first or even the second one of her siblings to graduate, but she had done it. For today, at least, that was good enough. As soon as she could, Athena beelined for her father and Kamaria to give them a hug and hear their congratulations.

This was it. All exams were done, the books were put away and as long as she lived LeAnn never wanted to read one more book that wasn't about fashion or something that actually interested her, unlike history of Magic or Astronomy - that was all in the past now. LeAnn couldn't be happier, she was done with school; made fairly decent grades and today she would be graduating. A part of her thought that it might not ever come as the seven years slowly but surely started to drag in and then there were the times she wasn't doing great in some lessons and had a fear that she might fail and have to repeat final year - and that was enough to scare her into trying harder. Thankfully it all paid off and today was evidence of this.

She spent a little extra time this morning getting ready, as did most of the other girls in her dorm. It was like the night of the Yule Ball all over again with everyone freaking out and making sure that their make up was perfect and that not a strand of hair was out of place. Of course LeAnn wanted to ensure she looked perfect also but she had enough practice as a child with hair and makeup that she wouldn't get into a fuss about making sure it was great. Her apprenticeship with an event planning company also helped her with this, showing any sign of stress when on a deadline to set up an event was unprofessional and from now on LeAnn was oin to be noting but professional as she started working full time after school finished. Fixing her dress in the mirror she did one last check, happy with how she looked she made her way down to the great hall, hoping to catch her mum and Andrew before having to take her seat.

The catch up was brief as everyone was ushered to their seats not long after LeAnn arrived in the great hall, not that it mattered, she had plenty of time to catch up with her parents afterwards and then she would be home for good and wouldn't have to worry about catching up with them. Then again she had still to talk to them about moving out as LeAnn wanted her own place now she was an adult and would be able to provide for herself, but that could wait until after today, she imagined it would be emotional enough for them without her having to say she wanted to move out as well. Putting the future out of her head for now she directed her eyes to the stage as the headmistress bean the ceremony. She listened to the HeadBoy and HeadGirl's speeches, both equally moving and thought provoking and made LeAnn realise just how much she had one through and that she was going to miss this place. Clapping after each of their speeches LeAnn now waited to be called out, thankfully she was one of the first called so she didn't have time for her nerves to build. It didn't seem too long until it was all over, clapping along with everyone else LeAnn made her way through the crowd talking to a few people along the way before making it to were her parents were sitting, of course there was a tear in her mother’s eyes but that was to be expected, but she rolled her eyes as she hugged both of them and let it go, this time.

David felt that today was almost like any other day as he got up instead he was putting on a suit and robes instead of is uniform and robes. It was a strange feeling, almost numb but with the knowledge that today was one of the biggest days of his life, yet he didn't feel nervous or excited. David knew that he was never popular, didn't have many friends and is grades weren't the best, maybe because of this and is school career never being all that exciting he didn't feel anything about leaving. He was excited about being able to go full time into a job that was already waiting for him and it was something he truly loved and that was one of the best things he could think off and if having to go through seven years of not an awful lot then so be it.

Entering the great hall he saw that is parents hadn't arrived yet so he just took his seat and figured he’d meet up with them later. It wasn't long until the ceremony started and David made himself comfortable as the speeches would probably be long and then he had to wait until he could go up and get is diploma. Listening to the speeches he realised that maybe there was more to going through school and being popular and getting all the good grades and it made him think if he could think of any good memories. There was some good times he could recall, on the Quidditch pitch when he tried out for the team or in some of the club meetings that he was a part off and most of all having the opportunity to get the grades he needed to do what he wanted to do and without that he might not be able to go on to the job that he was going too. A fond smile spread across his face as he clapped for is peers and in no time his name was called, it was like sorting all over again except it was the start of a new adventure. Went the ceremony was over David went to his parents talking to a few of his classmates, fellow prefects and professors along the way that talked to him and his parents; this was the end but David finally started to get excited.

Hades Styx the Second walked into the Great Hall, wearing his normal black robes that looked a bit dressier than what he would have normally wore. Hades followed the other graduates up to the area and then he waited for the Head people to take a stand and give out the speeches. That was a good time to just tune them out, since he did not want to have anything to do with the Head Girl and the Head Boy. He found them both to be really useless. The Head Girl was a half-breed and the boy was someone that was on happy pills at all time. He thought that he was possibly Professor Davershire’s son or something. It could definitely be possible. Hades sighed and he looked everything else except them, and then he looked back to see if he could see Mylie, the one that he was in love with, and almost had a baby with her. Well, they had a scare, but that was the worst part of the year. For now, they were just going to be slow and not have to worry about that anymore. Hades smirked a bit when he looked at her, and wondered what she was thinking about right now. Was she proud of him and her brother? Hades hoped that she was more proud of him than Zayne, but he could not say much since that was family. Family meant a lot to Hades and he knew that it would mean a lot to Mylie too.

Now that the speeches were finally over, it was time to start handing out the diplomas. Well that took long enough. Hades sighed and he waited for his name to finally be called. The fact that his last name now started with an S, he knew that he would be waiting bit. Hades looked up when his sister was called first, and he actually clapped for her, before his name was finally called. He walked up to the Headmistress before reaching out and taking it. He walked off to go find his dad, Mylie and his other family to go celebrate the fact that he had finally gotten out of this hell.

Zayne Baros entered the Great Hall, dressed in the best that he had. It was not too fancy or flashy, but enough. He was proud of what all he had thought about over the years, all of the accomplishments. He was giving up the Quidditch title to just Isabella was a smart move. Zayne looked over the crowd and he could see his parents, and he could see Mylie. He gave them a wave before heading up with the rest of the graduates of this great school. He might not have been Head Boy, but he felt that he had accomplished more. He had the most amazing girl in the world, his parents might be back together, which he thought that they were by now, and his siblings were all happy with someone. Amycus was good with some Quidditch player, and Mylie was good with Hades, which he was shocked about, but overall, he had accepted it. Zayne thought that if his sister was happy, then he should be happy too. He looked up at the Head Girl and listened to her speech. He felt bad for her, but she had accomplished a lot too. He clapped politely for her speech, and then did the same for the Head Boy out of respect and fairness. Zayne thought that they both deserved those awards, and felt bad that they had to deal with that. He did not even know why people wanted that badge so much. It just meant that there was more to deal with, and Zayne thought that he would have rejected it. Smiling, he shoved those thoughts to the side.

Finally it was time to get the diploma. Zayne looked at the others and knew that he would be one of the first ones to go up there and get it. He could not wait so that he could join with his family. Once his name was called and loudly, he walked up to the stand and he received it. He waved to his mom and dad, as well as his sister and his fiancée before he stepped off. He needed to tell his parents about Kaia Styx being engaged to him, but he was a little afraid to. His dad had questioned him on the huge buy for the ring, but Zayne had cleverly gotten out of it. Once everyone received their diplomas, Zayne clapped and went to find his family and Kaia, so that they could all meet.

Star was excited. She couldn't believe today was the day. It seemed like only yesterday she had come here as a first year. A lot had changed since then for Star. Even though she was still shy and didn't have many friends, she had one or two close friends who meant the world to her and compared to what she had been like before as a child she was much more confident. She was kind of looking forward to leaving school and going out into the big world. She had enough of school, she just wanted to move on to the next phase of her life. She had decided she was going become a journalist. It was never something she had aspired to. Sure, she had loved English but it had only been when she had looked into possible careers she had decided that was what she would like to do. She hadn't told anyone, it was something she had kept to herself. She was going to miss Hogwarts, it had been her home for the past seven years. She had gone through the school system without making an impact, she didn't mind that at all. She preferred staying under the radar. This year hadn't been totally normal, poor Kate had been caught in an earthquake. She was okay though now, thankfully.

Star had bought a new dress for the graduation. She didn't buy dresses much, the Yule Balls had never been her forte. She figured she would splash out for this as she was only going to graduate once after all. As she sat in hall she sat beside Ryan, they had got closer during the year and Star was glad of it. She had missed her twin and she was glad the two of them were reconnecting. Soon the speeches began. Aphrodite spoke very well and Star could tell it was from the heart. She clapped loudly. Star didn't know her well at all, in fact she had never spoke to her before. Star didn't mind though, she was sure she could live with that. Next to speak was Sammy. Star smiled widely. His speech for excellent also and Star clapped even louder when he finished his speech. This was it. Star felt the first flutters of excitement in her stomach. She waited patiently for her name to be called. Ryan was called up before her and she clapped loudly for her big brother. Star's name was called next, she walked up to the podium, for once with her head held high and a bright smile on her face. She thanked Professor Davershire as she received her diploma. It almost felt surreal. Star couldn't believe it. As she sat down, she let herself really feel what was happening. She was leaving Hogwarts, probably for forever. Strangely the thought didn't sadden Star as much as she thought it would. She was happy to be leaving, to starting again. When the ceremony was finished, Star went to find Sammy to congratulate him.

It seems like today would be an eventful day to begin with, Yerik Rhys Price knew what was going to happen. There's no surprise when he learned that he's entire family will be attending his graduation, why wouldn't they be? It was his last day at school and he knew that he did his best to make his parents proud of him, even though he felt his best didn't match up to his parents expectations. Up to know he could feel this ball of hatred in his system, hoping that he got the highest title. Yerik Rhys left his room just in time, dressed in his graduation suit that his mother ordered all the way from Germany just so he would look dashing on his graduation. He couldn't be any happier to wear it today, his suit matching his blue piercing eyes as he made his way to the hall. A couple of whispers from the rest, while the others were too excited to even notice the prefect. He dreaded this year, not because they didn't have a full team for Quidditch or managed to get up lift Hogwarts Monthly but because he was leaving school without a number of friends. Yerik never managed to get out and really talk and socialize to anyone, especially to his fellow seventh years. There was no one to be blamed but only him, all the boy could do was shrug it off as he silently approached a vacant seat beside a girl he met before. He didn't bother to say hi or hello to her, nor did he even smiled. It felt so awkward to do so, especially when he couldn't remember her name, so instead he focused his attention to the rest of his classmates smiling at each other. Minutes later he finally saw his entire family, his mother beside her father and Geni smirking at her.

Finally he could breath, like really breath. Yerik smiled and nodded at them before turning his attention back at the program. After the speeches of the Head people, he patiently waited for the rest of the students to be called on the stage. While he resumed on staring at the Headmistress, waiting to be called next. It sure would be a long wait, especially his surname almost comes last to be called. From the back of his head he could imagine Geni laughing at the whole scene of graduation, just because she ditched her doesn't mean she could ditch her brother for nothing. A small smirk covered his face at the though of his sister laughing at the idea of graduation, and just right on cue his name's now being called. Yerik Rhys straightened himself and approached the Head Mistress, nodding at the attention the rest was giving to him. He shook hands with her and looked at the massive crowd, all of them looked like fishes on the sea, excited to be fed. The prefect looked at his parents both of them gleaming at him with their formal faces with a their signature smile, he knew they were proud of him. As soon as he left the stage he could still hear Geni laughing at the same time clapping her hands hard, talk about embarrassing. He was used to it, or at least he expected her to be like this. Once everyone was done and called, Yerik Rhys approached his family and shook hands with his father but he got shocked when his Theo quickly hugged him, he hugged him back and hugged the rest of his family, even little Ben who seems to be growing up so fast.

When they exchanged their feeling about the graduation, Yerik Rhys noticed her father mumbling something about a gift or something, he wasn't sure what it was. He nudged Geni on her should and made eye contact, trying to read her mind, Geni on the other hand smiled wildly, as if she knew what it was. Yerik raised his left eyebrow and waited for Geni to answer his question but all she did was giggle that really annoyed the h3ll out of him. Quickly, he scanned the crowd and wondered if anyone knew him, if anyone at all knew he was. A year of being the Editor in Chief of Hogwarts Monthly and Team Captain of Quidditch was sure fun, how he hoped he could bring back these times again, in his mind it will always stay like this.

Kiara was both happy and sad come graduation. She knew that she was finally free of her parents, but now her friendship with Athena was likely to come to an end. It was sad to think about it, even thought Kiara had spent much of the last year thinking about it. Justin had been a big help and now as she sat watching the speeches, she had to admit that she really did not want to be here. What was the deal with Aphrodite's speech? Her dead parents, like seriously? Kiara looked over at Justin and rolled her eyes. She was only glad when Aphrodite sat down, which was short-lived, because soon Samual got up. She had to admitt that she liked Samual alittle better then Aphrodite, but it was only because Justin was his cousin, and she had learned a while ago, how to tolerate him. Not that it really made it any easier to do so. Kiara listened silently to Samual's speech before waiting for her name to be called. Her last name was Tine, so she was towards the end of the list. She nodded at the people that went before her and scrunched her dress nervously in her hands. Soon her name was called and Kiara looked toward Justin, this was the last time they would be at this school. She then looked to Athena, she may never seen the girl again, but come what may, she would always remember their friendship. It had been fun whilst it lasted, she just wished it could have been alittle longer. Kiara walked up and across the stage, there was no-one here for her, there never was, atleast, no-one that wasn't already in the school. When she left here she would only return to her parents one last time before never seeing them again. They had pretended she didn't even exist for most of her life, now, she would put that into practice.

Hazel listened quietly as the speeches were made. She didn't really understand why Aphrodite felt the need to mention her dead parents, but it seemed that she was some sort of point. Apart from the slight morbidness of the speech, it was a good one and Hazel found herself clapping along with the rest of the room when her speech finished. At this point, Hazel proceeded to fold her arms across her chest and refused to look at the stage. She knew Sammy was going to be next and she was refusing to look at him, not after he made her feel so humiliated and pathetic. She couldn't understand his reaction, it was valentine's day, a day of love, surely he realised that he would be expected to make some form of verbal promise to her? She sighed and watched him speak out of the corner of her eye. He looked a little nervous, but she could tell that he was doing well at hiding it, she just knew him very well. His speech seemed to have been heartfelt, which was very typical of him and even when he finished, though she was angry at him, she found herself clapping along to the end as the rest did. She had mixed emotions of Graduation. She had spent so much of her time here, that it was hard to believe that she would simply be finished so soon. Of course she was glad that she could now lead a life of her choice, she found that she was more then a little scared of going out into the world. She would no longer have people telling her what to do. That was all gone now. Certainly there was still her parents and her friends and her cousins. Even though they didn't all get along, she trusted them implicitly to do the right thing by her, even Justin was protective of those he was close too. Soon Hazel's name was called and she proceeded to step up onto the stage and look out at the people in the seats. She had to admit, she was more then going to miss this place.

Seven years. It surprised Amber how much time she'd spent within these stone walls, especially since it all ended in the blink of an eye. She knew this wasn't the case, but it sure felt that way. She never imaged herself sitting with her fellow seventh years (soon to be graduates) waiting to leave a place they had all grown so close to over the years. She thought by the time she reached graduation, she'd have a plan. A plan for her life outside the castle, outside her family, a life of her own. But of course any aspirations she expected to have didn't exist. What surprised her the most however was not her plans, or lack thereof, but how much her peers had changed. She remembered them getting sorted, just a group of eleven year olds. Now here they all were, verging on adulthood, the world in the palm of their hand. It seemed like everybody else had it all figured out. She figured they either did, or they were faking it like she was. Smiling, clapping as each student shook hands with the headmistress, receiving their diplomas one by one. It took a while, but finally Amber's name was called. Quickly, the brunette made her way on stage and to the podium, not leaving a moment to spare. She politely shook the headmistress' hand, took the diploma and made her way off stage. Now all she needed to do was find a way to look busy until she could leave. Making small talk was all fine and dandy, but on a day like this the idea of solitude was more comfortable than talking to people she barely knew.

Arielle sighed. Throughout the past seven years, this was the most boring thing she had to grit her teeth through. Not only did she have to watch two soppy, generic and fake speeches. She had to watch everyone get their diplomas too? She felt she'd been here hours, days even. Anybody could tell that as soon as she got the chance, she'd be out of here. Of course she wouldn't hang around, being mocked by the reality her dad didn't attend. She hadn't heard from him since October, and he didn't even bother to reply when she asked if he would be here. Stupidly she got her hopes up. By now she thought she'd be over this, expecting so much more from someone who always let her down. She wouldn't even bother contacting him after this, by the time he received the owl she'd be all the way to Russia. Sending the thing would be pointless. She couldn't wait to get out of this place, go to Russia and find Annalie. Then things would be better. The only thing keeping her from doing so was the graduation ceremony. After what felt like a year, her name was finally called. Her teeth felt gritted down to nothing after she left the stage. Somehow she managed to smile as she shook the headmistress' hand. Now she just needed to wait, gritting her teeth further as she itched to get out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back