Graduation 2027

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Ivo

Roman Ivo, the current Headmaster since Cecily Zhefarovich was now off of duty due to some family business, looked out across the tables an austere look on his face as he viewed the graduating students, their friends and family members who were all in attendance. It was a momentous day in their lives and he knew that every single one of them deserved to be here today. They had been here for seven long, momentous years that they were more than likely reminiscing upon their memories as they waited eagerly for their diplomas. They had their ups and downs with the school, but they ultimately done Hogwarts New Zealand proud. Now they were leaving behind shoes to fill in for the younger students, and friendships as well as love would last a lifetime while others would be severed into oblivion.

The oldest students are about to enter a world that was cold and merciless, and they were going to lead their lives, whether they come back as a professor, go to the Ministry, have a family or even travel down a long, dark and twisted path. They were ready however to face the obstacles that lay ahead. After today, the seventh years would be on their own, without any professor or staff member to assist them, they would be out into the real world. They would not have to worry about detentions but there would be real dangers such as those that would find the newly graduates a threat in the future and attempt to dispose of them. However, they would have assistance from family - if they had any. There was a good out in the world too, as it was not all as bad as it may seem out there.

"Greetings, parents, friends and family of the newest graduates of Hogwarts New Zealand," spoke the Headmaster from the podium, his aged hands grasping the edges of the fine, polished wood, "At this time, I would like the Head Girl, Patricia Styx, and the Head Boy, Theodore Snow, to take the podium and give out their speeches. I would like everyone to remain silent while they are speaking." Roman clinched his cane as he stepped away from the podium, and sat down for the two leaders of the school to make their speeches, only then would he give out the diplomas for the rest of the new graduates.
OOCOut of Character:
Remember, graduates, you may not post here until the Head Boy and Head Girl have given out their speeches, and I will post again. At that point your character can be roleplayed as having heard their name being called, receiving their diploma, and sitting back down to observe the rest of the ceremony.
Guests may only post in the appropriate guests thread and any threads that graduates begin after the ceremony.

Today was it. Without warning the day set for Theodore and all his classmates to Graduate was here to greet them. After today there would be no more ‘fun filled years of Hogwarts’ to look forward to after the song summers were close to ending. No more last minute homework assignments that were always started right before class was going to start, the Quidditch games, all the fun times with his friends, everything was coming to an immediate halt. He was going to be a Hogwarts Graduate and the school was no longer going to be his home like it had been the past seven years. It was almost sad but there was a part of Theodore that couldn’t wait to get out of this school and finally have some ounce of control in his life. He wanted the chance to make his own decisions and trust that what he was doing in his life was because he wanted to do it, not because of the influence that his peers or Professors had given him. Emerald green orbs peered out at the crowd of guests that sat there. Some of them he knew and some of them he didn’t have the slightest idea on. Theodore figured that the ones he didn’t know belonged to some of the students he didn’t know as well. His own father even came here today; he was the first one in the crowd besides Aleyha that he managed to pick out. He didn’t know whether that made him want to cry or that make him get angry over this. Never in his life could he really recall Alphonse ever caring about neither him nor Alyssa. In fact more often than not, he gave them the cold shoulder and merely pretended as if they weren’t his children. But here he was, sitting in the crowd and peering up at them with his icy blue eyes. Their father actually had enough heart to come see his children Graduate, and perhaps to support Theodore during his speech. Shaking his head he was now reminded of the fact that, as Head Boy, he had a speech to deliver. Whether he was good at giving them or not. All thoughts of Alphonse were immediately pushed aside and he was now allowing himself to focus on what he needed to do. Give the speech, make sure not to insult everyone, sit down, get his diploma, and then never look back. The moment both he and Patricia were introduced her knew it was time and sighed under his breath. It was now or never to get this out of the way. And he was up first to give his speech. The tall blonde gave Patricia a good luck type of smirk before he stood up and headed over to the Podium slowly. His fingers gripped the edges of it once he finally reached it and stared out into the ground. There were a lot of people out there but he wasn’t going to let that get to him. The Veela male let his cooler exterior come onto the surface and protect that ego of his from saying something stupid or chickening out. Finally he released a breath and was ready to begin his speech.

”Seven years ago, I am pretty sure that every single person in this room never guessed that I would have ended up as Head Boy. To be honest not even I would have guessed that I’d make it this far. “ Theodore started out. His deep voice ringing loud through out the hall with every world he spoke. Memories of his very first year at Hogwarts came back to him like a great wave of water. Looking back to then he was so different than he was now. Theodore paused for only a moment before he started to speak again. ”I first started out here as nothing more than a selfish bully, I barely ever went to classes. And when I actually did go to a class I ended up sleeping through it. I didn’t make many friends and I probably caused more problems them I fixed them. To sum it up, I was nothing but a huge pain in the butt. But I remember the one good piece of advice my father had ever given me. He said; “One day you’ll learn.” At the time I was too young to understand what he meant. “ Theodore paused to give one more look out at the crowd. His emerald green orbs meeting with his father’s for a moment before he started back up again. ”But over time it became more clear what he meant. He was telling me that one day, I would learn from the past and my mistakes. It took a few years but I finally got some sense knocked into me. Eventually it hit me that there were others in the world that just me and that if I was ever going to go further in my life, I needed to learn to grow up. Before I knew it I started to make friends and I ended up meeting a person I couldn’t live without, it changed me. “ Theodore winked at Aleyha before he returned his gaze back to the front. He remembered the day he met her when he was in his third year. Oh how they hated one another. He didn’t like the thought of being forced to marry someone he didn’t know. But time passed and before he knew it he had fallen in love with her. Soon they would be married and he would never have to worry about them being separated. He also had met Kaleb that year too, who had become one of his best friends. ”I started to attend classes, I joined the Quidditch team, and I actually started to dislike a lot of you a little less. I was starting to grow up more than I would ever realized.“

”When I first saw that I had gotten Head Boy, I didn’t know what to do. I was literally struck down with fear because I wasn’t sure if I could handle. I mean, the troublemaker from Slytherin actually be a rolemodel for the entire student body? It sounded a little hard. I guess the point that I’m trying to make here, is that people can change, and that no one should ever be counted against. Who knows…maybe one of these days a Graduate from this class could be the next Minister for Magic! We all grow and we all learn from our mistakes in the past, and in the end that makes us all who we are today. I can’t promise I will really miss any of them, but I can only hope the best for them. And for the Professors and other influences in our lives. Remember to thank those most important to you in your life. Remember to be grateful for all that you have. And finally...remember that someday…you’ll learn. Congratulations Class of 2027, it’s been quite an adventire.” Theodore turned his eyes over to the group sitting all dressed up and looking readier than ever to Graduate and make their way out into the world. Would he miss them after today? Probably not but that wasn’t going to stop him from at least trying to be civil today. Flicking some of his blonde hair out of his face he smirked and left the podium. Ready for the Ceremony to continue.

This was it! The day that had once upon time seemed so far away that it felt like it would never come but low and behold here it was. Patricia had found it hard to sleep the night before but she couldn’t help but be a bundle of excitement laced with nerves today. Once the NEWTs were over the rest of the term went by so quickly and Patricia couldn’t help but think where the time had gone. She had been working on her speech, as Head Girl, for a while now and she had been trying to perfect it once the pressure of NEWTs was over. Although last night she had stayed up a bit too long, practicing it because the last thing she wanted to do was mess up somewhere during the speech and make a fool of herself in probably one of the most important things that she ever had to do during her time at Hogwarts. She remembered the day she had gotten her letter informing her that she was going to be the Head Girl for the Class of 2027. It was such an honour and definitely one of proudest moments to date. Although when she had received the letter the fact that she had to deliver a speech to the rest of her class, her Professors and all the guests present that day hadn’t really crossed her mind. Patricia had never none any public talking and the most she had to do in front of any sort of crowd was during the Prefect meetings that she and Theodore had to lead or during any Conglomerated Arts Clubs meetings and even during the Quidditch try – outs and practices. Actually when she thought about it she had talked in front of a good number of groups before but then again they were nothing compared to what Graduation would be like. For one the vast amount of people was a big difference, at most Patricia had talked to fifteen, twenty people tops – there was more than that in the Graduating class alone. With that in mind Patricia didn’t even want to think of what it would be like to see the whole Great Hall full and have to talk in front of them – she didn’t know how Headmistress Zhefarovich was able to do it on a regular occasion – or rather Roman Ivo who was Headmaster while Headmistress Zhefarovich was away with family matters. Patricia was a bit upset that she wouldn’t be there to oversee her Graduation; she had been there since Patricia had started Hogwarts and she really liked the woman.

The sun had been up for sometime now as had the Hufflepuff Head Girl. She lay in her bed observing the room that she had called her own for the past seven years and looking over at her sleeping dorm-mates she frowned as she saw the empty beds that had belonged to two of her first best friends from Hogwarts New Zealand; Kate Johnson and Bianca Petrescu. She hadn’t heard from the two girls in years and she had long since given up on hearing word from them but at times like this she missed them. Slowing getting out of bed she sat down on the floor beside her bedside locker, she had yet to clear this out yet but it held the most memories for her so she didn’t want too. Letting a small sigh escape her lips she opened the small cabinet door and pulled out her small keepsake box that contained different things; pictures from school events during the years or just random ones with her and her friends. As she looked down at the smiling pictures, the small figured waving up at them she laughed as she recalled a lot of the happy memories and frowned at the people that were no longer there, so many people had left during the years it was almost becoming second nature to watch people walk out of her life. Setting the pictures to the side she started to pick up a few bits a pieces; her Prefect badge, her Quidditch Captain badge, even the medal that she and Natasha had gotten for coming third in the wheelbarrow race in their second year – it almost seemed like a lifetime ago. She was a bit upset that she didn’t have the time to enter the Wheelbarrow race this year but it was just as fun to watch everyone else take part.

She spent a few more minutes going through her keepsakes and as she was about to close the door and get ready for the Graduation ceremony but she saw something else in cupboard. Reaching in she pulled out, not one, but two things. She looked down at the two pieces of jewellery in her hands. Her other hand quickly moved up to her mouth as she looked down at the ring and necklace that she had received from her first major crush, Ruki; who like other people in Pat’s life had walked out without even so much as a good-bye. Patricia smiled softly as she tried to remember the good times she had with Ruki because she had enjoyed his company and she had cried enough over his disappearance and she wasn’t going to let it ruin today. She remembered the day that she had finally taken the ring and necklace off as a way of forgetting about Ruki – it was the day she had met Yvo. Yvo! That reminded her, she had invited him as one of her guests for Graduation today, she was so happy that he had accepted because she hadn’t seen him in a while and now that she was no longer going to be confined to just Brightstone weekends and holidays to see him she hoped that she could get to know him better because she could never forget how he had seemed to cheer her up in an instant when she was so low. Putting the pieces of jewellery back into her keepsake box she got up from the floor, brushed off any dust and put it into her suitcase; she was officially packed. Noticing the time she went over to her dorm-mates to wake them up, the lazy heads would probably sleep through their own wedding. As she left them to get ready she went and got a shower. When she returned she did her hair, half up/half down with some loose ringlets, and make with some subtle hints that matched her dress. She had picked out the dress during the holidays and she absolutely loved it, she rarely got dressed up so getting a new dress for a special occasion was always sort of exciting. Putting on her dress and robes she looked at herself in the full length mirror in the room, she couldn’t believe that this was it – she was about to graduate. As Head Girl she had to get down the Great Hall pretty quickly so she said good-bye to her friends and made her way down to the Great Hall to get ready for the Ceremony.

Upon entering the Great Hall she looked around, amazed at how it was always able to surprise her when it was done up for special occasions, although today it was done to exceptional standards. She made her way to the front of the hall and waved at a few of the people that had arrived early. Patricia twiddled with the piece of parchment in her hands that had her speech on it because she knew she would need to refer back to no matter how much she tried to memorise it. Spotting her guests she made her way over to them to have a quick catch up before everyone had to take her seats. She may have seen her father pretty much everyday but she hadn’t seen her mother or brother in sometime – ever since she moved out, and she just barely saw Yvo at all so she enjoyed seeing them all again. She hadn’t told Niccy or any of her other guests that she was inviting Yvo and or about Yvo at all but Patricia really think it would make any sort of difference. They didn’t have long to catch up before everyone was told to take their seats. Patricia made her way to the front of the Hall where her and Theodore’s seat was reserved. Smiling at the Head Boy slightly, despite not getting on the best he wasn’t the worst person, she turned her face towards Headmaster Ivo and listened to him give his speech. Her stomach was starting to twist and knot with nerves when he called her and Theodore up to give their talks. As previously discussed Theodore was to give his first, seeing his ‘good luck’ smile she returned it and awaited her turn. Patricia became very aware of the people staring up at her as she listened to Theodore’s speech but she listened to the Head Boy and didn’t take any notice of the people. Patricia listened to Theodore’s speech and laughed a small bit here and there at just how blunt and honest he was but then again she never really expected anything else from Theodore; although he did make some good points with Patricia to take in. Then, before she knew it it, it was Patricia’s turn to give her own speech she took a deep breath to try and calm her nerves. Taking to the podium she flatted out the piece of parchment with her speech on it and took a quick glance over it before smiling and turning to face the crowd in front of her – it was now or never.

“I know it’s a very cliché way to start a Graduation speech but I feel that we need some form of normality in our lives because nothing in the last seven years of our time here at Hogwarts New Zealand has been in anyway close to normal.” she started off, her eyes landing on her classmates, especially ones that had an out of the ordinary school career. “With people getting married, getting pregnant, heck even I found out that my real father was the Herbology Professor just before fourth year – not many people can say that in their lifetime.” she said, pointing at her father, laughing slightly at just how weird it was but it just proved her point even more. “But it really only does seem like yesterday when we were just tiny little first years, starting on our life here at Hogwarts New Zealand, unaware of what the next seven years would bring us and thinking about this day as a far of thought that we thought never would come, that we would always have the safety of being a student here with a typical, well sort of, student life. Alas the day has come and with it our final step into adulthood. After today we will no longer have the privilege of calling ourselves Hogwarts New Zealand students. Instead we will be the future Healers, Aurors, Professors, Quidditch Players, Ministry workers, the list goes on. Although no matter where ever your life leads you never forget where you came from.” she said, taking a breath before continuing. “I only say this because without Hogwarts we wouldn’t be the young adults that we are today, ready to go out into the big bad world that we call adulthood. Our past seven years has shaped us in ways we probably never would have expected and without knowing it, it has made her ready for whatever we experience once we walk out of the school doors. For that I think it is only right to thank our Professors who, without, we would not be here today. They teached us, were there when we needed someone to talk too and were in a never ending abundance of support and encouragement for when we felt that we just couldn’t go any further. So Professors, thank you! I’m sure you’ll be glad to finally get rid of us.” she said, looking over at the Professors, laughing lightly at the end of her sentence.

“Next on the list for people that we need to thank would be our family, who most of us have here today as our guests. Without these people it would be hard to even imagine where we would be at today, so again thank you.” She paused once more as she looked at her own family members here today. Sure she may not have known them all that long but they were her family and she owned them a lot in the small amount of years that she knew them. “And finally, I want to thank you; my classmates; my friends.” she said, finally looking at the group batch of seventh years. “We may not always have gotten along, from the silly fights in our first year,” she said smirking slightly at the memory of it and quickly glancing at Isabella (who she was happy to see here), Alyssa, Aiden and Theodore – she was a little upset that Henri wasn’t there because she did miss him but she couldn’t dwell on the past, “To becoming the group of friends that we are today. Some of you may not have been here for the whole seven years but you are as much of a seventh year as any of us or people may have left before making it here today but they will always be in our memories. Through thick and thin we have all been there for each other, we have all been each others rocks and I know there is no way I could have made it through my seven years without my friends, and you know who you are.” She said, feeling tears starting to well but she fought them back because she needed to finish her speech first. Once she got her diploma and only then would she let the tears consume her because then it meant it was official, it was over. “Without all of you we wouldn’t have been able to accomplish what have. For some of us the accomplishments may be more than others, it may be something small that you consider something big, maybe its learning to fly a broom or maybe even conquering a fear, whatever it maybe – no matter how small, it is something that you will be able to take with you. Even if you think you haven’t accomplished anything, you’re wrong! Today we are here because we are graduating, which means we passed our NEWTs. It was no easy task but we did it and now we will be able to bring everything we learned here out into the world with us because they will stick with us even if you don’t think they will, you never know.” she said. She knew strange things had a habit of coming up in the most unlikely of situations, one never knew when they’d be asked to recite the ingredients in a Polyjuice potion or something silly like that – well it wouldn’t be silly if the situation ever did arrive.

“Another thing that we bring with us even when we are no longer here will be the bonds we built with each other. Looking out at all of you I can see so many strong friendships that were made during the seven years, some may have been rocky at the start or throughout, but those are the ones that are going to able to withstand everything and anything, even not seeing each other everyday. No matter how strong a friendship is our lifes are going to lead off in different paths and we might not see each other a lot but that’ll just make the time we do meet up even more special.” she said with a sincere smile. Compared to Theodore’s speech Patricia’s was turning out a lot more sentimental but that was just the type of person she was and there was no point changing that today. “The talk of change is one that I’m sure scares a lot of us but change is a part of life and we have all experienced it in some form or another. Today is just another part of change but we should embrace change and what it brings for us. We should look forward to the future and not live in the past because while it may have been where we were happier it does not do well to dwell on the past because we can’t go there again, the only way is forward. What does the future hold for us? Well I’d ask Professor Weasley or one of the Divination Professors for a bit more an answer to that but in actual fact, no one knows what the future holds for them. You may have every aspect of your life pinpointed out but it’s always going to be subject to change and we’ll have to cross that bridge when we come to it. She said taking another breath before she started to wrap the speech up.

“There are three days that stand out in my head that brought a big change to my life. The first one was the day when I got my letter of acceptance to Hogwarts New Zealand. Despite being a half blood, I was brought up with two muggle parents, knowing nothing of the Wizarding World. At first I thought it was a joke. I mean, what muggle kid didn’t want to find out that they had magical powers? Well, clearly, I came to my senses and was soon on my way to Hogwarts. I was a curious little thing, not knowing anything about the Wizarding World really, I wanted to know everything. I know that I wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, so to speak, at the start but I soon came into my own and Hogwarts became like a second home to me. Then was the day that I got my Prefect letter. It was something that I had always wanted to get, but never let on, and was one of the happiest days of my school career to date. That was until the day when I got the letter telling me I had become Head Girl. Again, it was something that I had would have loved to get but I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would actually get it as I thought there was so many other deserving girls of the title. The honour was a bit overwhelming but I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the Professor and Headmistress Zhefarovich, even if she couldn’t be with us today, for giving me the opportunity and making an unbelievable year even more special.” She said as she gave a small bow in the direction of the Professors. She had never properly thanked them for giving her the honour of being Head Girl but what better way than doing in front of all these people? “Anyway, enough of me blabbering on. To wrap this bad boy up, congratulations everyone. We did it!” She began with a cliché and she ended with one. Then again, why not? With her speech now over she made her way back to her seat, smiling at the Head Boy again, Patricia took her seat and waited for the giving out of the diplomas to start. It was so close!

It was just about time to have the diplomas out, but there was something that the aged man had forgotten, and after seeing the woman here herself, Roman would have to make sure that she got her words in before Roman would hand out diplomas. Rising up after the The Head Girl finished her long speech, Roman once more took the podium. He announced, his cold voice booming over the silence, "That was the speeches of the leaders of the class, and before we hand out the diplomas, it appears that our newest Minister for Magic has made an appearance." Roman stepped away from the podium, and he glanced at the woman for a moment, before he remained standing, holding the diplomas to have the seventh years officially graduate from Hogwarts, as the fifth class from the school. After she would finish her words, they would say the names of the class, and hand them the diplomas and shake their hands. Roman looked forward to having this over with. After the Minister made her words, Roman took the podium once more and he said, "Graduates, before I call your name, turn to one and another, look into each others' eyes. Remember the memories you made here in Hogwarts, as you will never make another one again. Take with you the ideals the Houses that are within your hearts, whether it would be the cunning Slytherins, the noble Gryffindors, the intelligent Ravenclaws and the talented the Hufflepuffs. The life journey ahead is unknown, and it will be hard, and it will be long. Go forth and do well." From then forth, he started calling out the names.
OOCOut of Character:
After the Minister posts, all graduates are welcome to post having heard their name being called, receiving their diploma, and sitting back down to observe the rest of the ceremony. Congratulations!

Amazingly, Seraphine was able to attend the Graduation, so being the Minister - or Ministress as some people preferred - did have its perks. The woman, dressed in a black gown concealing all of her body, including her arms and collar. She preferred to stay warm during the winter, since she was rather sensitive to the cold. Seraphine smiled over at the Headmaster, and he announced that she was here to say a few words, and a few words were what she was going to say. Her sky blue eyes graced the crowd before she made her way up to the podium. Her body surely did not appear as if she recently had a baby either. It was in May when Garrett was born and he was with his father right now. Seraphine had her duties to do right now, and she had time to be a mother when she could. Heels softly clicking against the floor before she stood at the podium. Her painted nails glistened a soft red in the light, and her now red hair rested on her shoulders. Seraphine smiled down, as she did not even have a paper containing what she was going to say. Like nephew like niece I suppose, thought the Minister with a soft laugh. Well, the class was waiting on her, and she thought that she better get this underway. She had only been here for a little while, and she felt bad not knowing all of the names of the students. Just a few, however, from family members and Ministry officials that were proud of their son or daughter or relative that they were graduating.

Seraphine smiled once more, as her speech giving skills took over and she started out, "First of all, I would like to thank Headmaster Roman Ivo for allowing me to be here today, to personally graduate the first class out of this marvelous school since I have been in office, but this moment is not about me, it is all about them." Seraphine motioned with her hand toward the graduates, and she beamed over at the leaders of the school. "Patricia Styx, Head Girl, I would like you thank you for your speech, and it brought tears to my eyes, and it was one to really remember. Being put as a position, Head Girl or Head Boy, it is hard and frightening at first, but over time, things get better. To be honest, I hate to point out this; but I did not prepare a speech, but I guess that runs in the family. I also will try to make this as short as I can, so that those waiting to get their diplomas won't end up killing me later on to receive them in a hurry." She winked her eye over toward the graduates, and she turned back toward the crowd of family, friends and peers. They had to feel proud of their graduates, and so did the professors, though some might be glad to get rid of some graduates that had not grown up just yet. Seraphine thought that some were still like that, after all, some in her own class had not grown up until they were at least in their twenties. Seraphine remembered that crowd all too well; and she did not like to think of her days back in school, however.

"Graduates, do not think that this is the end of your journey, never think that at all. It is just the beginning, and after today, you will be on a whole new journey only without assistance from professors that have already traveled down the route. I believe that this class will move the nation if you all allow it, and take control. I am sure I will see a handful of you in the Ministry, perhaps being an Auror or an Unspeakable. The other graduates, I may not have the honor to see you all again after today. I do believe that perhaps one of you will be the Minister of Magic for either this country or another. I believe that you all will do great in the world, and don't let fears discourage you. Now, as I wrap this up, I hope to see the graduates as they continue on through life, and congratulations to the Class of 2027!" Seraphine concluded as she turned her head to see the graduates once more, and stepped from the podium. This was it, they were going to get their diplomas, and this was the end of their journeys in school, only to begin a new one, one much harder than before; a new journey called life. Seraphine did not want to see any of these in Azkaban, but that might be the inevitable end for some students, such as one she did research on: Chase Blade. Seraphine Snow hoped that they had a better fate than he had.

Abigail Lurken had to admit it; she felt like she was pregnant again, almost feeling like she was going to have morning sickness. Sure, she thought that this was going to be no big deal, having a baby and being married but she was wrong. She was nervous, and almost shaking. Her amethyst eyes searched for her family, and she felt extremely guilty for not even inviting her ghost of a mother. However, she was unsure if her mother could even leave Knockturn alley. She would have to make sure to visit her mother however. Her last daughter had graduated from Hogwarts, without a title but it was still meaning something to graduate, did it not? Her eyes landed on Professor Styx and her head bowed lightly. He had been the one to take the Prefect badge from her, and it was her own fault. Well, it was good while it lasted. Not many could say that they had lost their prefect badge however. After her seven years, well, six were spent here, she had to say, she had an adventure while she was here. She made many friends, lost them as well.

The Slytherin then remembered her second year, of being homeless and living on the streets. Then she started to date Theodore Snow, perhaps even fell in love with him. However, that ended on a mutual agreement, and then she became a shut in to study for her classes, and she was adopted, and had a new sister as well. She found out she had a brother. Abbey also remembered that she had met her Luciano Rossi, someone that ended up being her husband. She let out a soft sigh and she glanced over at him. She smiled at her husband and had many plans to tell him. They were free now, they could do as they pleased. The first thing she was going to do was establish a household and get down to raising her baby Rhea Lurken. Luciano even changed his own last name for her as well. It was something that she loved so much. Besides, Abigail Rossi would have sounded a little weird."Abigail Lurken!" Abbey almost lost her breath when they said her name. Abbey made her way to the stage, and she accepted the diploma, as well as smiling at Roman and Seraphine. That was it, her journey had just begun.

Miranda sat silently with her head held high as the head boy and girl made their speeches. Graduation had finally come. Her hazel eyes scanned the large mass of people in front of her. She didn't bother looking for any familiar faces because she had invited no one. After her father had died and Miranda was forced to raise herself she hadn't bothered getting close to anyone. In fact the day her father died was the day she decided she would give up the magical world all together. In a few months time she would be starting university hoping to one day become a music teacher.

Miranda thought back on her school years to past the time. The years had been rather boring for her, of course that was bound to happen if you kept your head down and stayed out of others business. Friends had been made and lost, but she had years ahead of her for that. Soon enough names were being called for students to come get their diplomas. Thankfully her name was close to the front and she didn't have to wait long. "Miranda Carson!". Miranda took a deep breath and walked across the stage. She accepted her diploma with a wide smile on her face. Soon enough she would finally be out of this place.

Hadan Lauren Johnson was not nervous at all when it came down to graduating. Her face, lightly painted with make-up because she did not want to really look like she had another face on. She wanted her natural beauty to show. Even though her mother had made it, Hadan was nervous however. What if she had tripped and fallen? Her heels were not the most stable shoes ever, and her dress flowed down to the floor. Inhaling, her red eyes searched the crowd for her family, and she saw her mother, her adoptive father, and then his wife. What would she call Rosaline now that her mother had returned? Sure, she never called Rosaline her mother, but it was still odd because she had called Chavdar her father since she moved in with him when she was thirteen. Hadan felt like an outsider, because she did not get sorted with this class, however she was graduating with them. She would not have it any different however. Her first year, she was mean, and the same with her second year - twice repeated. Many things happened during her second year. She had gotten into two fights, one particularly with a Slytherin here that had a child. They did not get along, but she thought of her as disgusting for the most part.But she did not know her very well either. Hadan let out a soft sigh and she came to terms that her second year was not one to really be proud of. She loved her third year though, the first time she had ever attended a Yule Ball rather than just skipping it like she had the previous years. Her smile was subtle and gentle, and she knew that this year, this day, it was going to be the start of a new life. She smiled when Theodore and Patricia gave their speeches.

It was rather obvious who's was longer than the other, considering it felt as though Patricia ruled the stage for a while. She gazed over at Roman Ivo, and noticed that Cecily was gone once again. Hadan might have been slow, but she thought that Cecily was going to be around for their graduation. Shrugging lightly, while Seraphine gave her own two cents in, Hadan went back to her memories, remember how great her fourth year was. Then her fifth when she met Miriah Johnson, her sister that had lived with Bryan. Then in their sixth year, Hadan had a place of her own, and Miriah had transferred over to Hogwarts and was sorted into Ravenclaw. Hadan was glad that her sister was back with her, because it was quite lonely being the only sibling out of three to be alive. Hadan then went over everything in her last year, and all of it was nothing short of dramatic. Hadan preferred not to be around it, because the source of all the drama was her own sister and her love, Aiden. Hadan no longer hated Aiden, and had not since they talked. But that did not change the fact that she did not trust him, and for that reason, she did not want him in her apartment - alone with Miriah and without her. At least she had improved from not wanting him around her apartment at all. She just did not want anything to be broken or replaced, and she could keep an eye on her things. Hadan truthfully was thinking of giving her apartment, all expenses paid, to Miriah as long as she kept up with it, and Hadan can go back to Romania for a while. She wanted to visit her home before she went to work at Saint Mungo's.

"Hadan Johnson!" A voice rang over the Great Hall, and Hadan glanced up and out of her thoughts when she heard it. It was time, and time was of the essence. She needed to go up and get her diploma. Her hands turned into fists as she inhaled and held it in her chest for a few seconds before she exhaled slowly, her ruby eyes shown like pools of blood as she made her way to the front, her natural strawberry blonde hair waving over her shoulders as she walked to the podium. She grasped the diploma in her hand and she glanced up at Roman and Seraphine, before she cast her gaze down and she walked from them, after shaking the hands abruptly. She did not need a sorrowful goodbye. She did not know Roman as anything more than a man that took over the control of the school when Cecily was unable. She walked back over with her peers, before she glanced down at her own diploma. She was finished with her long years here in the school, and she was itching to get out of here and get on with her own life. Hadan smiled over at her friends, relieved. She murmured, "We are done." Hadan was glad too, because she no longer wanted to be here, and she wanted to get out on her own, and go to Romania for a while. She wandered if Raffael wanted to go with her, because either way, she would not mind. However, she would need to tell him what exactly she would be doing in Bulgaria, but she did not want to worry about that for right now. Her thoughts were on today, because it was the end of the journey, only to start a new one.

Patricia blushed slightly as she listened to the Minister for Magic mention her and thank her for her speech. Patricia had found it hard to start because she had never given a speech before let alone have to write one. Although once she had gotten started the same thing happened her that always happened her – she couldn’t stop. She figured that she had gone a bit overboard but she had a lot to say and she wanted to say it. She wanted to point out to her classmates just how much they meant to her and that no matter what they did they were going to succeed at it – she knew that without a doubt. Soon Headmaster Rowan started to hand out the diploma’s she clapped along with everyone else as each other classmates was called out before her, this was really it. Patricia Styx! Patricia took another deep breath before she stood up and made her way up to the stage to get her diploma. With the piece of parchment in her hand she knew that there was no point keeping it in any longer. She let the tears that had been wanting to come out stroll down her face, it wasn’t much but there was some tears there. She had come to the end of an era of sorts and now it was time to embark on a new one. Turning to face the crowd she caught the sight of her family and friends and waved at them slightly before taking to her seat for the rest of the diploma’s to be given out. This was it, she was officially a graduate of Hogwarts New Zealand, it was strange but it felt right.

Alyssa Chevalier wasn't sure whether she was supposed to be happy or sad that this moment was finally here. The next stage in her life was knocking on her door, telling her it was time to move on. Long and silky blonde hair fell into Alyssa's face before she brushed it back and allowed her eyes to refocus back onto what was going on around her with the Speeches. It wouldn't be abnormal to say that Alyssa looked absolutely stunning right now. There was rarely a time when she didn't look like an angel on earth, but she made sure to pay extra special attention to he makeup and such today. she wanted her classmates last impression on her to be a good one, to remember face even years down the road. Her pale white skin glowed with a light shimmer that she had dusted on her body to make it appear more against the hot pink dress she was currently wearing, it was the dress she absolutely she had to have too because it was simple enough to be cute plus she loved the color. It was a little on the short side though, and happened to show quite a bit of her long toned legs. Smoothing the dress out in front of her, Alyssa's glossed lips curled into a soft smile as her sparkly crystal blue eyes lit up and watched her brother approach the podium for his speech. A part of her was still upset that he had managed to get so much attention in school when she didn't. Alyssa had tried to hard to get her grades perfect and to get noticed by her Head of House but it apparently wasn't enough. She was going to be leaving this school without Prefect Status or anything much other than a decent reputation and some good friends that she would never forget. Hearing her brother speak like he did made Alyssa smirk a little though. He certainly had grown from when they first arrived here. They all had in some way or another. He was still a butt head but he seemed to be a much kinder person for the most part. Alyssa remembered that she once used to be the most prideful girl ever, she always thought she was better than others. Then Alyssa started to discover that she too had some big flaws. Her pretty looks kept them hidden but she wasn't perfect, not even close. How could something that wasn't even fully human be considered even slightly perfect? Theodore's speech was finished and it was then Patricia's turn to give hers. 'I love how they seem to both have completely different sides to this.' Her brother didn't even talk that much, but then again it was Theodore and crowds of people weren't really his thing, ever. Patricia had absolutely no problem blubbering on though.

When her aunt Seraphine came up for her speech after Patricia's life story was over, Alyssa sat up just slightly and let her gaze fall onto the woman. She really liked Seraphine and wished her father would have let her around more often. It would have been nice to know her a little bit more than she currently did. It would have been nice to do a lot of things that she hadn't done yet. But now was not the day to regret things. It was the day to embrace a new beginning and the new life in front of her. Pretty soon they were being called up to received their diploma's, they tickets out of this school forever more. "Alyssa Chevalier!" Alyssa was surprised when her name was called off earlier than she expected, then again with her last name beginning with a C now, she wasn't sure why it surprised her at all. Gracefully she stood over and made her way over to the podium. Her mind was nearly a complete haze but one thing she definitely didn't miss, and that was the look on her brother's face as she walked by. He looked hurt, and he looked angry. Alyssa had forgotten that he didn't know about her and Vincent getting married. Chances were her father was out in the crowd in the same state of shock. That was another thing so magical about today, that her father was here. Her long blonde hair swayed to her shoulders with each step she took. Reaching it finally she took a hold of the Diploma and ran her fingers over it softly. Then she quickly shook Roman's hand before giving her aunt a hug. Yeah hugging the Minister probably wasn't normal, but they were family so Alyssa didn't really care.

A soft but bubbly wave was given to her family and her husband before she retreaded back to her seat and sat down with a sigh. She did it, she finally Graduated from Hogwarts New Zealand. Alyssa figured that she was now probably going to be in trouble with her family, but it didn't matter. None of it mattered. After the ceremony she would begin her new life with her husband Vincent, hopefully become a Healer, and just live her life. These past seven years were all preparing her for this life after Hogwarts. Whether or not her brain was telling her if it was going to be okay or not. Her heart was telling her to just live, and thats exactly what she was going to do.

Miriah Johnson wasn't nervous at all to Graduate today. In fact she had been dreaming about finally getting that diploma and getting out of here for awhile. The ruby eyed girl loved school and learning new things but the whole concept of school was annoying. Which she really could only blame on the fact that the people became really obnoxious in school. No matter where she went the people always ended up being the same useless and annoying types of people that she vowed that she would never hang out with. Miriah's pale hand went up to run through her dark wavy brown hair before she rested it on the lap of her black Graduation dress. Like Hadan she went for a more natural look, but at the same time one that gave her more of an edgy look as well. Miriah was still not a huge fan of getting dressed up all the time, but now that she and Aiden were together she figured prettying herself up every once and a great while wouldn't kill her. She had even kept the fact that she had bought this dress from him as a surprise, it was black and totally her style. Though they didn't have it in the long flowing kind that she really wanted as well, this one would just have to do for now. Ruby eyes fixed themselves onto the Head Boy and Head Girl as they spoke and gave their speeches. For some reason to Miriah it felt as if they Head Boy and Head Girl were giving goodbye speeches instead of Graduation ones, they were a little sad and depressing to listen to. And Miriah hadn't even attended this school from the start like they all had. They spoke about the past and how much they had grown over the years, the memories, the bad times, the good times. It all made Miriah snort under her breath. Until she had been reunited with her sister she could only remember the bad times. From always being alone and wondering why no one wanted her, to never having friends or someone to talk to. Right now Aiden and Hadan were all she had in her life, and by god she would never let either of them go if she could help it. Both the Head Boy and Head Girl finished up their speeches and Miriah was about to ask when they would be handing out diploma's, but the Minister for Magic also had to give a speech first. This caused Miriah to sigh and sit back in her seat a little. She was so anxious to Graduate!

The speech didn't last long though, to Miriah's utter happiness. The woman knew how to not babble on! Then the names were being called up for each of the students to come up and receive their diploma's. Miriah's name was a little further down so she waited patiently as her classmates were called down and received their diploma's. Alyssa was one of the many to go before her. Her sister was also up before her since H came before M. But the whole time Miriah smiled and grew proud of her sister. "Miriah Johnson!" And finally her name was called. Miriah took a deep breath and stood up so she could make her way to the Podium. Once she reached it she grasped a hold of her diploma tightly and shook hands with the two up there and headed back down. It was official, she was a Graduate now! On her way back she also smiled at Aiden, his name would be soon called too. She was hoping that he wouldn't fall or anything. "Now, the rest of our lives can go on." Miriah uttered under her breath as she sat back down and adjusted her dress. Today she was sort of happy for making it this far. She was proud of herself.

This was it, the exact moment that Isabella had specifically returned to Hogwarts New Zealand for - graduation. After spending five wonderful, life changing years here, how could she not return to Hogwarts for this monumental moment? Durmstrang had been fun, being homeschooled had not been, but Hogwarts was her school, her second home. After everything she had been through she didn't care what everyone was saying or thinking of her, she was going to revel in this moment that she had waited for, for what seemed like eternity. She still remembered her sorting and first year as if it were only yesterday. Now graduation was finally here.

But, this was not at all the way Isabella had pictured this very special day to be at all. For starters, she had expected her life not to be so shattered into pieces as it was, just with the simple constant switching of schools. Isabella smoothed out her green graduation gown so that it covered her gold dress, she knew she was probably wearing too much gold, but she felt she could get away with it because it was a special occasion. Isabella looked around her as she sat by her peers, unfortunately feeling so disconnected from them because she hadn't spent her last year with them. As her brown eyes traveled the sea of graduation students around her, she realized this was one of the things she hadn't thought would happen on this special day.

Isabella glanced up at her friend Patricia who was sitting up at the stage waiting for the ceremony to begin and give her speech. The Slytherin sighed and lowered her head in bitter disappointment. She was supposed to be Head Girl. It wasn't as if she didn't think her friend Patricia deserved it, in fact, Patricia was the only she ever considered competition throughout all her years at Hogwarts, which was a bit embarrassing for her to admit because Patricia was a Hufflepuff and she always thought her fellow Snakes were supposed to be the competitive ones. However, she was mostly disappointed was in herself. From the first day she stepped foot on Hogwarts grounds, perhaps even the Hogwarts Express, Isabella, being the ambitious Slytherin she born as, had been determined to become Head Girl.

Though she went wrong in letting her grades slip and letting personal issues overcome her and she had barely managed to get the Prefect title. Her departure to Durmstrang had completely ruined her chances at Head Girl however, and the choices she made while at Durmstrang weren't exactly the best choices for her life either. Instantly at the mention of her Durmstrang shenanigans a lump formed in Isabella's throat and the sting of tears threatened to spill, however she held her head low and pulled it together. How had she become so insignificant, how had she allowed it, how had she done it to herself? At least she had weaseled herself back into her Prefect position, because she was determined to graduate with some title.

The ceremony then began with the temporary Headmaster speaking so Isabella tried to clear her thoughts and focus on the event she had been waiting for. Despite the turn her life had taken in the last two years, despite the fact that all her friends had exceeded her with a fancy job, marriage, and babies, Isabella was going to make sure this day was a good one for her. Like she had said back in her dorm room: graduation is the most adult thing they were supposed to do at their age. Marriage and babies came later, right? Isabella fought back bitter tears again, and instead focused as Theodore gave his speech. She chuckled when he said many would not have guessed him to get that title, herself amongst the shocked few when she heard he'd gotten it - she remembered their naive days back in first year when they walked around acting like tough Snakes when their fangs were only just growing in. Her and Theodore had an interesting history, having previously dated but then having things go sour with a break up and there was a point when Isabella hated Theodore for the way he treated Abigail during their break up - but that was all the past and now she felt nothing for him but a mutual acquaintance.

Then it was Patricia's turn as Head Girl to give her speech, Isabella smiled instantly. The Slytherin tried her hardest not to have I should be up there thoughts be the only thing she was thinking and tried to be encouraging for her friend, because she did ultimately feel that Patricia truly deserved the title. She knew if it couldn't be her then Patricia was the only one she was okay with having the title. Isabella listened to Patricia's speech intently and even chuckled when she mentioned her indirectly with their old fights. When Patricia looked directly at her Isabella winked at her and beamed, at least someone was happy to have her back right? After Patricia was done with her speech Isabella clapped loudly, having been touched by her speech and finally the diplomas could be handed out.

Isabella was glad that her last name wasn't something with an X or even just an S, so she could get her diploma quickly and not have to wait for it. Though in the end, she'd have to wait for the rest of them to get their diplomas before being able to leave so she was going to be waiting the same amount of time as anyone. Finally she head "Chaos, Isabella Noelle" called out and a flurry of butterflies fluttered in her stomach. Isabella stood up as she smoothed out her graduation gown and strutted up to the stage. Just because she was broken and feeling completely insecure and powerless, did not mean people had to know, so she put on her act of being better than everyone the way she used to, people would be used to it. The Slytherin walked up and received her diploma and couldn't help smiling at her accomplishment. After everything that happened the past two years, she honestly didn't even think this day would be possible, it had just been too much to bare.

As she was walking across the stage she looked out into the audience. She looked to where her family was seated and saw that they were all cheering incredibly loud for her and she beamed. Then she looked out at the sea of seventh years and couldn't help but smile fondly. Was this the last she was ever going to see of them? Not all of them lived in New Zealand, just like she was from Italy. But she had grown attached to New Zealand and was planning on moving here, but her classmates may not have had the same plans, therefore there was no guarantee that she would see them again. She may not have talked to all of them or gotten along with all of them, but they were her classmates, and they were with her for her journey at Hogwarts from the beginning; only this class knew the fear of being a first year and hearing that their Headmistress had been abducted at the Triwizard Tournament and actually had the Tournament hosted at their own school. Although they were all so different, they had all shared the same experiences at Hogwarts together and Isabella knew that she was never going to forget them. She smiled an appreciative smile towards all of them as if saying 'Thanks for being my classmates' and walked off the stage to watch her classmates receive their diplomas as well.

Aiden found it weird as he put on his Graduation robes that morning apart from his normal robes, they were different. Not just in the sense of their style being different but they represented something completely different, they set him aside from normal students because in a very short time he would no longer be a student of Hogwarts New Zealand but rather a Graduate, an adult that was out in the big bad world without the security of school anymore. He wasn’t sentimental and was actually looking forward to leaving school and starting his life. He had gotten into a final try-out with one of the Quidditch teams that he had applied for and was in with a good shot, or so he was told. So he had that to look forward too, he always had something else to look forward too but he had to wait until after Graduation to get the answer for that. He was rather nervous about asking Miriah the question he had for her but he hoped that she would say yes. Miriah was only good thing he had to take away from this place, his grades weren’t the best and he didn’t have many friends but Miriah made everything worthwhile.

He made his way down to the Great Hall and tried to find his seat. He was a little miffed that he couldn’t sit beside Miriah today but he didn’t have long to wait before he would see her again; well properly at least, for now he was able to turn in his seat to catch a quick glimpse of her before the Ceremony started – she looked gorgeous today! Turning back round on his seat he listened to the speeches that were been given, some that he felt just went on too long. He wanted to just Graduate already because he never really liked school and he wasn’t gaining anything from sitting and listening to these people blabber on. Soon it came time to the diplomas to be handed out. He clapped along for his classmates who went before him and clapped extra loud for Miriah as she accepted her diploma. He gave her a huge smile as she walked past him again, he never thought that he’d be lucky to meet someone that he cared for as much as Miriah but now he had he knew he didn’t want to loose her.
Aiden Mauven It was still weird to hear Mauven but he was just about used to it by now to notice his name when it was called out. He made his way up to the podium and collected his diploma. That was it! When he made his way back to his seat he flashed Miriah a quick wink and waited for the rest of his life to begin.

Graduation. At times in his teenage years, Luciano hadn't even thought he would make it to graduation, with being expelled from Hogwarts Scotland and hardly do any school work at this school he had spent the last four years at. Luciano's feelings towards graduating were not sad, however not excited either. He did not have any real attachtment to the school or anybody in it apart from Abbey. However since Abbey was now his wife, he knew they wouldn't be parting at graduation. Despite this, he was reluctant to leave the routine of the last four years, where he hardly had to talk to anbody, think about anything or make any plans. He really did not know what he was going to do now, where he was going to live, where he was going to live. This had been bothering him, considering he now had a daughter to provide for. It was amazing how he suddenly he had this life long responsiblilty, and a very big change from what he was used to. Any new parent felt this, he knew, however Luciano was very independent and used to looking after himself. That wasn't to say that he would not look after his wife and child. Luciano was very protective of both. He had realised that it was time to face the real world and what it held.

Luciano half-listened to the speeches which, thankfully, did not drag on. Despite the people crying silently and laughing appreciatively at the Head boy and girl's words, Luciano sat staring straight ahead, not showing any emotion whatsoever. He wanted to see his daughter, though he guessed that Millard would of course be there. He knew that the man was not exactly fond of him. When the speeches were finished, names began to be called. He could feel Abbey's eyes on him, and he glanced over to her, giving her a quick smile in return. He knew that she also wanted to see Rhea. The list of names continued, until Abbey's was reached. He watched her walk up onto the stage, knowing that he would be next because of his recent name change. At the sound of his name, Luciano got up and walked up onto the stage, accepting his diploma with a small nod. Being up on the stage didn't bother him, even though he knew some of his fellow students were particularly interested in the name change. He was sure everybody knew by now that he and Abbey had had a baby. He did not care in the slightest if they talked about them or dissaproved. Taking his seat next to Abbey again, Luciano searched the guests until he found th Lurkens. His eyes rested on his daughter who he could just see in Noelle's arms, before looking back to the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back