Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
(Homosexual)
Wand
Straight 17 Inch Swishy Wenge Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Casper had pulled a few favors to get the gallery cleaned up, and he'd rushed off after one of the younger students. Cas knew that look all too well- it was one he'd used too much himself, trying to hide when he was upset. "Renata! Hey, wait up!" He called, hurrying after the Hufflepuff until he'd managed to catch up, looping around to be in front of her. He caught her eye, giving her a soft smile. "Hey, hey. What's wrong?" He asked, reaching out to bump her chin up gently with a curled finger. "Come on, it's okay, you can tell me," He promised, trying to be as open and reassuring as possible.

Renata had managed to relax a little thanks to Sky and Eugene but there was always that ugly envious feeling in her heart she hated. And the general feeling she didn't belong. Both of them were so far beyond her it wasn't even funny. She liked them and wanted to support them but she always had the dim awareness she wasn't really good enough to hang around them. And there were so many incredibly talented people. Casper's art was incredible, and he'd gone to so much effort to put on a show. And Gwen was so stylish and did such cute drawings, and Marnie had put together a quilt which was such a huge undertaking and well done for someone so young. What did Renata even have to show for herself? Barely a percussive ability from her mother's sheer exasperation that she had turned out so untalented. If she had had a talent, people would have a real reason to like her, wouldn't they? Renata didn't understand why anyome would be nice to her, considering, and instinctively froze when Casper reached for her face, momentarily fearing the worst.

"Ah..." she started, forcing herself to smile. "I, um...I'm sorry," she quickly apologized. "You worked so hard at this and put together so much beautiful work, and the club did so much, and I...I...I let you down..." Renata averted her eyes, not wanting to see the inevitable disappointment.

Caspers brow furrowed and he ducked his head, trying to catch her eye. "Hey, no, sweetness. You didn't let me down, why would you think that?" Cas asked, taking the tiniest step closer. "What's wrong, Renata? It's alright," He tried to sound reassuring. "I've got you, could you tell me what's going on?" He asked gently, trying to coax the truth from her.

Renata had been trying very hard to not cry as much as she used to and until this morning she thought she'd been doing incredibly well. Her eyes watered a little at the concern that Casper was showing, and she forcefully blinked a few times. She hadn't put on this much makeup to ruin it now. It was probably already slightly smudged, but that was besides the point. "It's okay, really," she quickly insisted, not wanting to spoil his day. "I just...I, um, probably shouldn't have joined the club," Renata admitted, reaching up to toy with an errant strand of hair out of anxiety. She supposed her mother was right after all. "I don't actually have any talents."

Casper blinked in surprise at her words, and shook his head quickly, reaching up to try and tuck her hair back behind her ear. "Hey, come on, it's alright." He cooed gently. "Don't be ridiculous. Of course you should have joined the club." He dropped his hands onto her shoulders, keeping his touch light and ready to move the moment she seemed uncomfortable with it. "Hey, listen to me. The arts club isn't about talents, Renata, its just a community of people that love arts spending time together and having fun. It doesn't matter if you're the next big artist or if you just think everyones work is pretty, you belong with us." He smiled warmly. "Did you bring something in today? It's alright if you just came to have fun," He promised her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back