Good to be back

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka came into the great hall with only one bag. She had wanted to take everything she had taken with her back up herself but she hadn't been allowed to. Something about being insulting to the House Elves. Zazuka had thought that making them take all that up would be insulting to them but she didn't say anything. Zazuka was just happy to be back at Hogwarts. Beauxbatons had been great and everything but there was really no place like Hogwarts for Zazuka. The moment she looked up at the high ceiling of the Great Hall Zazuka spread her arms and twirled as if she where dancing in the rain. She was home.

Andromeda walked down the stairs from charms class and shifting her satchel to her other shoulder, allowed her gaze to roam those milling around the entrance hall. It was usually jointed with students inbetween classes but exams were starting this week so most people were actually hightailing themselves off to the library or hibernating in their dorms or common room until they were ready.

She had spent many nights herself up pouring over books thanks to the great solutions that a few of them had picked up at the last Brightstone weekend. Studying was keeping her mind busy, it was keeping it from wandering to the woman in the alleyway and what she had represented and keeping it from wandering to Crispin. As she glanced away from two students obviously in the throes of a heated discussion, she spotted her gazing upwards and twirling about as if no one else was around. Andy could not help but smile at that and continued down the stairs.

She stopped at the last step and leaned against the balustrade.
"I'm glad our school impresses you so much ... are you new here? Do you need assistance?" a slight smirk graced her lips as she looked at the girl who besides Kat was like her surrogate sister. She had been gone the entire school year to Beauxbatons and had now returned. Holding her heavy text book close to her chest, Andy moved closer to Zazuka Bones.

Zazuka could see that her best friend since what seemed forever was the same as before but not quite. Andromeda Fiorelli had changed though if was for the better or the worse was left to be seen. When Andy called her a new girl Zazuka could not help but giggle. "Oh thank you kind lady, this school is ever so big." She tried to say with a straight face but failed miserably. Zazuka rushed up to Andy and gave her the biggest hug.

"I'm home Andy I'm home." She said when she let Andy go. It had been Andy and (not so secretly) Galileo whom she had been most eager to see on her way back. Andy because she had spent so much time contemplating the feeling she had about her that seeing her well enough was a breath of fresh air. Galileo because of reasons all her own. She only hoped that now that she was back in at Hogwarts that things would not go bad as they have done so many times before.

Zazuka went back to pick up her bag then walked back to her best friend's side. "You look like you've had a tough trip with exams." She said with the brightest smile on her face. Zazuka had done her's at Beauxbatons and was more than happy they where over. It was hard enough doing her lessons in French but the exams where a little more than Zazuka enjoyed.

She had barely any time to move before she felt the familiar arms of her bestfriend about her. It was always Zazuka's way to hug those she cared about whether they wanted to be hugged or not. Andromeda could completely understand why she was delighted to be back, being away at a strange school was a hair raising experience or at least it had been for Andy.

Once released she stepped back a little, a small smile on her face as she indicated which direction she was going. The great hall as she had been in need of a quick snack and some down time in between her last two exams.
"Nearly finished them now just have potions left to do which is later today and then that's it for another year" she began to walk ahead knowing Zuka would fall into step beside her as always.
"How did your exams go then?"

[sorry for so blah no muse at all today :( ]

Zazuka played with one of her curls as she watched Andy. It had to be one of the changes because usually Andy would have hugged her right back. Never the matter though. It was something that she had to live with. "It's good to be back to a place where I don't have to pick who I talk to. Some of the girls where so snobbish to me it wasn't even funny." She said with a sigh. Zazuka wasn't going to say that she had learned a trick or two from the snobs. Then again it was just like Zazuka to learn where ever she could.

Zazuka saw that Andy was heading towards the Great Hall and Zazuka had no choice but to follow. "Unmerciful! Completely unmerciful, some of the girls that where rude to me complained that the foren students where getting easier tests so to appease them they made all of us take the exams in French. I nearly cried when I had to not only do Astronomy but I had to translate from Geek to English to French." She said laughing softly at her own joke. Zazuka was not ashamed of being a geek, a nerd, a freak. It was just who she was and there was no changing that aspect of herself.

Andy listened as her best friend spoke and she felt an anger rise inside her like nothing she had experienced before. Zuka was the most kind hearted and loving, lovely people in the world and for anyone to think they were so much better than her that they could look down their snotty noses at her, drove Andy mad.

"Why didn't you write and tell me? Or tell me at our Brightstone trip?" she asked her coming to a standstill, "I would have tried to get over there in a heartbeat and sort those cows out for you. Little cretins, see how they like walking around with their knees backwards" she fumed walking on through the open doors of the great hall and scanning the tables.
"I'd have ended up cheating if that was me. I'm great with Irish and Italian but Merlin help me with any other subject".

At last satisfied with a table nearly devoid of people she sat down and waited for Zuka to sit with her. Her bag was plopped onto the table as she began rummaging inside it for something.
"Brian has been pretty quiet about the school, then again so has Amzurah. Can't wait for you to meet her" she gazed at Zuka and winked at her mischievously.

"I don't think I've been that quiet" Brian said with a smile from behind Andromeda as he stood next to her "I'm just not as loud as you tend to be" Brian added as he gave Andromeda a playful nudge. Brian turned towards Zazuka and smiled then as though he'd just remembered leaned in and gave her a hug and a peck on the cheek "It's good to have you back" Brian said with another smile that was perhaps a bit brighter than the last as he stared into Zazuka's starry eyes. Brian took a step back and stared at his two friends, they had been through alot and yet here they were at the end of their sixth year. "So, next year's the last" Brian said as he looked around at the walls of the school, it was almost too difficult to think that soon they would be away from the school and never returning. "Well least we got the NEWTS to keep us distracted" Brian said with a somewhat laugh.

Brian couldn't help keep his head away from his thoughts as he remembered the three of them back in their first year, how they had promised to be friends throughout their time here. It may have been bumpy and perhaps the three of them were different then when they had first met and talked on the Hogwarts Express. Brian was glad to see that throughout all the trials however their friendship was still in tact. "Crap! we have Quidditch again next year!" Brian thought as he hit himself on the head with the thought that more than half the team was gone now "Hey Z, you wanna play Quidditch?" Brian asked as he realized that his summer was going to be filled with coming up with a winning strategy now that he was Quidditch Captain and by himself.

Zazuka rolled her eyes playfully. "Oh I thought I needn't bother you with them small and petty as they where it gave me great incite on who would be a good friend and who would not be. If they didn't like me well that's just them." She said with a soft sigh. The exams had been brutal but she had gotten through them just fine. She sat down beside her best friend and looked for what she wanted. After all the dainty food that she had at Beauxbatons she was ready for some real weight on her stomach.

Andy mentioned Amzurah and lifted an eyebrow. "Little miss Zura can be quiet all she wants. I'm home now and the fates are not smiling down on her." She said as she reached for some potatoes. She said that as if she where merely reading something of out of a book. Zazuka was a kind person but there was a vengeful streak to her should be feared most of all. Zazuka never got mad and there was a reason for that.

One of the reasons she should have been fun came into the hall and kissed her on the cheek. The stars in Zazuka's eyes blinked out for a moment. How dare the boy that replayed all the tears she had shed for him by sticking his tongue down the throat of the nearest new girl floozy kiss her as if nothing had happened? Zazuka put on her brightest sunshine smile, her uncomfortableness fading. "That's true B but I look forward to my NEWT's year after the year in Beauxbatons." She said with a sigh.

Zazuka too remembered their first year and how they promised to stick together. She also remembered how she used to blush whenever Brian came in the room. Silly girl Zazuka couldn't help but think. It was as if the har that she said the last time that she saw Andy was coming true. Her feelings for Brian where being stiffened by something very powerful indeed. Brian, forever with Quidditch on the brain, changed the subject as quickly as he had brought it up. "You know I fancy myself to gentle for Quidditch. But I will help you if you need it. Beater if you would like." She said gently. It was completely unlink Zazuka but she was thinking of ways to make misfortune happen with a beaters bat.

Andromeda felt the nudge to her side and turned at Brian's voice, she had been about to reply to Zazuka's retort about those Beauxbatons girls but now snapped her mouth closed. Her amber eyes frowned slightly as she looked at her one time best friend, true they were supposed to be great friends again but after his virtual year of hibernation with she could only guess Zura, she thought his acting as if they had been extremely chummy all year was a bit much. Even more so how he greeted Zazuka. Andy's mouth hung open wondering if the boy had any tact at all, obviously not.

But Andy was never one for keeping her mouth zipped up for very long.
"Did you see something?" she asked her turning to Brian then with a sweet smile, "apparently the fates aren't smiling on your girlfriend too much."
A slight smirk as she winked briefly at Zuka picking up an apple and staring at it before simply putting it down in front of her.

"I wouldn't worry too much Brian, I've got a good enough team set up. Just let the real players have control of the skies, take up some needle craft or something" she nudged him back this time though maybe not quite as playful as he had done to her.

The day seemed endless and another exam was imminent but she didn't care, she felt more than ready for it. She had sequestered herself in the Great Hall with a few others to do some revision all the same but now feeling like her head would explode stood up to leave. It was then that she noticed Andromeda Fiorelli sitting down not too far up along the table and with her a girl dressed like some bohemian. Zura admired her clothing as she packed her things away and then felt as if her stomach had been sucker punched as Brian came along greeting both girls warmly but extolling a kiss and hug to the dark haired one.

A few calculations in her mind as to recalling some of the photographs that were pinned around Andromeda's bed led Zura to recognize the girl as Zazuka Bones. So it was true then, Brian was still hung up on her and had only been effectively using her to while away the time until she returned. A lump formed in her throat. She would have to walk passed them to leave the hall. She would have to walk passed him in order to leave the hall. Looking at her bag she took a deep breath, she wasn't a Gryffindor for nothing.

With chin held high she began what felt like a walk of doom as she neared the three friends. It was not her fault that another few students decided to pass at the same time and careened into her. Her body shuffled sideways as if it would collide with the boy she had not seen but for class and exams, yet she managed to stop herself just in time. Instead she looked at him, then cast a glance at the dark haired beauty he was near before looking back at him again.
"Hi" was all she managed before her face tinged with acute embarrassment and she walked hastily passed. Through the doors of the Great Hall she went but did not stop there, her feet carried her to the large front doors and out into the fresh air she went. Gulping it in as if her very life depended on it.

Zazuka pressed her knuckle into against her lips to hide a giggle. "Andy you know that a Seer never says anything right out. That takes the fun out of everything." She said her tone playful and dreamy. She didn't know if this was part of her Seerness or if it was a different part of her all together but Zazuka was somewhat of a Jinx. This meant that often times when she said something was going to come true it had a high probability of coming true. It didn't always work but Zazuka had come to find that it was a powerful thing. "Ohhhhh those sound like fighting words to me." She teased kindly.

How much power her Jinx had was shown when a girl passed by. She had short hair and she knew her from the vision that she had. Amzurah, the girl that had treaded upon Zazuka's path without even realizing it. "Watch out!" She called just a little after she passed. Just a little after the bodies started poring against Amzurah. As the girl got halfway pummled by the incoming crowd Zazuka put her hands to her mouth. Her eyes where full of compassion for the girl but her hands where hiding a smile.

Brian looked over at Andromeda as she made a few cracks at his expense it was a good feeling to be back with his friends again however as she made another crack at Brian's Quidditch he simply smirked "Sorry but if I took up needlecraft then it would effect Ravenclaw beating the snot out of Gryffindor like we've done the last few years" Brian said though he didn't have time to enjoy his remark, Brian turned as he heard Zura's voice and the fact that she was walking away quickly. Brian had to admit that he hadn't talked to her as much as he should've and upon looking at Zazuka realized that perhaps he was giving off a bad impression. Brian smiled weakly turning towards the two girl's that he was with, this was not turning out to be a good reunion considering the situation he was in. "I'll be back" Brian said as he got up from his chair and followed after Zura, he knew that he had to talk with her and make sure everything was alright before the end of the year.

"Zura wait" Brian called out but she was walking towards the exit and seemed to be in a hurry to leave. Brian knew that everything looked really bad for him but he still needed to talk to her, to sort things out if it were possible. Zura had been nothing but nice to him perhaps even a little too friendly and now it seemed that he had simply been using her while Zazuka was in France and that wasn't the case. That was not the case in Brian's opinion though it was easy for someone else to see it as such, Brian didn't realize the simple truth that no matter what someone was going to be hurt a situation he had found himself before back in his third year when Andromeda had confessed her feelings for him and he had in turn rejected her. "Amzurah, please wait" Brian said as he continued to follow after her not quite sure why he was doing it but knowing that it was important that he did so.

Andy grinned at Zuka before turning to pretend feigned shock at Brian. He was an exceptional seeker and she had found herself wishing he could have been on their team but Taylor was also awesome and hopefully she'd be kicking some serious Ravenclaw butt next year. She had no chance in getting in with a swift comeback as Amzurah all but collided with Brian after being hustled by a passing group. Luckily she stopped herself in time.

Andy watched from her vantage point the looks that were passed between the three others and she lowered her head. She was always fast with a smart reply but seriously didn't think this one warranted it at all. Nodding her head as Brian took off after her, she turned to look at Zuka.

"You okay?" she asked her, though normally Andy might have reached across and patted her hand or something she didn't now but concern for her friend could not be hidden from her face.
"You know ... they haven't been anywhere near one another in ... well months really. She's not so bad" Andy had really not given the girl a chance at all and sometimes when she had seen how lonely she looked at times, she regretted this. In an attempt to change the conversation she frowned at Zuka.

"You know ... if you had just gotten a prediction in the first place about the triwizard tournament then you would have known the outcome and you wouldn't have had to leave and ... I wouldn't have lost five galleons to Fenton betting on Mike to win."

Zazuka was surprised that she didn't feel much when Brian let to tend to the girl. Amzurah did give off the aura of a good girl even though she had helped hurt her. Zazuka may have taken pleasure in her the emberessment that she had gone through that that moment but she thought that this was enough. Brian on the other hand still had a long way to go before the relationship between them (even a friendly one) would be balenced. The equilibrium of the universe was what she was looking for here. Not that this would ever register with the others. 'I'm fine Andy." She said a bit after the two had left. She looked at the cilling in wonder. "I don't doubt that Amzurah is a good girl. Eventually I think I can get to know her." Zazuka said then looked back down.

Zazuka looked at Andy then as if she where trying to not talk about it. Zazuka wouldn't if Andy thought it was too fragile a subject but really Zazuka didn't mind. "Have you seen me angry Andy?" She asked with no malice in her voice at all. She started picking at her food with a fork almost thoughtfully. "Not upset. You've seen me upset before. You've seen me cry and my heart be filled with sorrow but have you ever seen me truly and utterly angry?" She asked Andy. Zazuka wondered if even to Andy she had shown the harsh emotion. If not this would be the first time hat she would show anything like it. "You know my powers don't work like that." She added with a smile to entertain Andy's comment about the Tri-Wizard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back