Good Times

Sebastian Rossi

Wand
Straight 14" Rigid Aspen Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Sebastian Rossi leaned against the side of a french pub, the picture of young adult nonchalance with his carefree demeanor. The boy hoped he looked like someone who could one day appear on the cover of a rock album because that was definitely his dream. As he waited silently, the boy's green eyes darted to the corner as if he were awaiting something and the looks that he received from several passersby didn't faze him one bit. Bas knew what they were looking at. It was his faux-hawk which he'd decided to try out today and his piercings. Not only did he have both ears pierced but he also had a hoop sticking out of his left eyebrow. The teenage girls glanced at it with approval even as their mothers looked horrified and dragged them further down the street as far away from him as they could go.

It was the beginning of June, the start of what was likely to be a hot summer in France if today was any judge of that. Even though the sun was dipping down, the heat was still rolling off the sidewalks. Sebastian was quite looking forward to meeting up with his bandmate, Seraphina, because aside from practice it'd been forever since they'd just hung out together to shoot the breeze and chat about music, their loves and anything else that came to mind. Pretty soon, all of Ares Moon would be graduated and they would all be able to hang out together but for today, it was just going to be the two of them. Another furtive glance to the corner told Bas that she'd still not arrived, but plenty of other people had entered the pub. It was going to be loud and raucous inside, his kind of place. Certainly not a place he'd have taken Trilby Kiedis to, but that was as much history as his days at Beauxbatons were. Sebastian could hear the music pour out as people stepped into and out of the pub, but he was content to stay outside and wait for his friend.

Seraphina was rather excited about today! She was loving the fact that she was finally in a proper job that was going places. Sure some people thought that being in a band wasn’t a proper job and wouldn’t do for anyone but Seraphina definitely wasn’t one of those people. If she were she would be one of the biggest hypocrites in the world seeing as being a drummer and backup singer for Ares Moon was her only form of income and while it wasn’t great and she still needed some help with money once and while she wouldn’t change it for anything in the World. She didn’t know why people wanted to have some sort of quill pushing job in the Ministry when they could be living in the fast lane, not knowing what the next day would bring and enjoying life – something Seraphina was definitely doing. Then again she was pretty sure that if she weren’t in a band she wouldn’t be able to get a job anywhere else. Her appearance for one was not one for a job such as one in the Ministry, but it was perfect for a rock band. Her hair was almost all bright red now, various piercings and her signature leather jackets that look like they should be on bikers than a 19 year woman.

Seraphina was becoming used to going from one place to another a lot lately so the trip to France today wasn’t anything big too her. There was a bit of a temperature change but nothing big that couldn’t be fixed with unzipping her jacket. Walking around the corner she saw the person she had come to meet today; her bandmate – Sebastian. Seraphina didn’t really talk to her bandmates that much outside of the band but she done so on a few occasions with Sebastin and she had enjoyed it because they have a lot more in common than she thought at first so today they had decided to have another catch up. She saw a few passersby look at him some approvingly and other not so much but she couldn’t help but laugh. “Trying out a new look?” she asked as she looked him up and down. “It’s different but it works.” she said with an approving smile.

Sebastian spotted Seraphina before she reached him. How could he not? Her bright red hair was a beacon to anyone within sight of her. It put his hair to shame. Pushing off the wall he'd been leaning on, Sebastian grinned as he noticed her checking out his new hairstyle. He wasn't exactly sure it would be something he did to his hair on an everyday basis, but it was a nice change from his normal style. As he was being checked out, Bas was busy doing the same to Seraphina though he was trying to be a bit more subtle about it. He had always been a fan of her style because she always looked tough but with enough of a touch of femininity to remind him that she was a girl. That was part of the reason why he'd wanted her in the band from the moment he'd seen her. Not only did she play extremely well and have an amazing voice but she also dressed the part...and she was hot.

"You like?" he chuckled after he'd greeted her. "Cool...I was thinking I might wear it like this for our next gig" he added conversationally. Sebastian could hardly believe it, but Ares Moon was actually making money playing music. It was mostly in dives but he wasn't complaining. They were getting their music out there and people were actually listening. Giving her a final once over, Sebastian spoke again. If it was Willow in front of him, he might not have mentioned it. Sometimes it was difficult to tell if that girl would simply take the compliment or if she would see some sort of insult in it. Seraphina was different (he hoped). She'd already proven to be a lot nicer than Willow, so he sure hoped she could take a compliment better. "You look great tonight." He moved towards the door and pushed it in, holding it open for his bandmate and friend. The sounds of music, conversation and glasses being slammed back on the counter came pouring out. It was music to Sebastian's ears. "Shall we?" he asked. "Hope you're hungry. I know I'm starving and I could use a drink. It's been a long week" he said with a shake of his head and an eye roll.

As Sebastian received looks from the passersby, so did Seraphina. They came the same as they did everywhere, some were looks of approval and some were looks of mild horror and disappointment. She wondered why people had such high opinions of themselves that they felt they have the right to judge other people just by their looks. Sure Seraphina and Sebastian may not have the look of model children, or young adults rather, but that was only based on their looks, no one could know a person until they actually got to know what they were like on the inside. For now Seraphina wasn’t going to bother about those sort of people, they weren’t worth her time as they clearly weren’t going to make the time for her. For now Seraphina was more than happy with the friends that she had in her life and tonight she was going to forget about all of the other people in the world that judged her with one of those said friends. She was glad that she was able to have someone to just go out with and chat about things that they both had in common; she never really found one of those friends in Durmstrang so being in Ares Moon just further proved that it was where she belonged.

“I like. It works for you.” she said, waving her hand around as if she actually had any idea about fashion, because she just wore what she wanted and wouldn’t care what anybody said ans she definitely wouldn’t change just because some snotty noised person told her too. Seraphina pursed her lips as if she were in deep thought for a moment. “I think that would be great. I definitely think your fans would like it.” she said with a cheeky grin and wink before laughing slightly. It was no lie that all the band members had a few fans that went to their gigs more so for the band member rather than the music. It was no surprise as to why Sebastian had gotten his own gathering, he was an amazing musician and girls always found it hot that a guy was in a band...and the fact that he was hot himself helped his matter even more. “Thanks.” she said in response to his compliment. She never understood why guys complimented her on things like that at times, it’s not like she ever tried to ‘dress to impress’ she always wore what she wanted. “Not too bad yourself....but I think you probably already know that.” She said as she looked at the girl who was walking by and practically gawping at Sebastian. Laughing as she shook her head a bit at how girls acted like such an idiots when around hot guys. When Sebastian made his way into the bar Seraphina’s body almost instantly started to move, only slightly, to the music. “Definitely.” she said as she walked on in and made her way to an empty booth. “This place is awesome. How’d you know about it?” she asked as they sat down.

Hearing Seraphina's opinion about his hair put a smile on Sebastian's face. He wasn't much into style or fashion (those were girly things), but he did appreciate both her and Willow's opinion on the subject. He liked both of their senses of style and that Seraphina thought his fans would like the 'hawk made him even more eager to wear it to a show. Sebastian rather enjoyed the fact that he had fans. What guy wouldn't? Part of Sebastian couldn't believe that he actually had a few girls following him from show to show. The whole band did as a matter of fact. Today, they were playing in bars and pubs, tomorrow who knew. The sky truly seemed to be the limit for the quartet as long as they kept their heads on their shoulders.

Sebastian waved off Seraphina's compliment with a small thanks. Going to a school with dozens of half and part veela teenagers had made him pay little attention to his own looks. He knew he did alright with girls his age and for him that was enough. Trilby had been quite a beauty and he knew now that Amzurah had liked him as well, and she'd been hot as well. Definitely in a different way from Trilby, but still hot nonetheless. Sebastian let Seraphina lead the way to an empty booth and he answered her question as he settled himself in after her. "One of the guys I work with who's around our age told me about it. He thought it'd be 'my kind of place'" Sebastian used air quotes to finish the sentence as he looked around and nodded approvingly. "I think he might be right." The music playing was pretty cool, the other booths were nearly all full with most of the other people dressed in a style similar to Sebastian and Seraphina. If any place could be considered 'Sebastian's kind of place,' this probably fit the bill. "I figured it'd be cool to check it out with someone I have things in common with. Jacque may have known about this place but I doubt he ever came in" Bas said of his co-worker at the Potions shop he worked in part-time. Sebastian shrugged slightly and then gestured for one of the barmaids. "How've things been with you?" he asked as he put his arm over the back of the seat.

Seraphina noticed the smile on Sebastian’s lips as she complimented him. He had a pretty smile but it was really no secret that he had good looks, all the girls fawned over him because he was pretty hot. Although Seraphina never really looked at a guy like that – sure she had her celebrity crushes and, technically, Sebastian was a celebrity, but he was also her band-mate and her friend so that made any thoughts like that a big no no on two accounts. Seraphina couldn’t count on her hand the amount of bands that she knew that went down the drain because of band-mates dating and then ending on bad terms hence bringing the band with them. Seraphina could never do that to Ares Moon and Sebastian, she appreciated his friendship too much to think about ruining it. Sure there was the small amount of bands that were doing just fine with some of the band-mates dating and they were the lucky few but she didn’t want to risk it for Ares Moon, they were finally going places and right now she wanted to just focus on her career and wasn’t really looking for a relationship – they only ever got in the way of all the other important things.

Seraphina looked around the place as she entered, it was amazing how there was hidden gems like this place all over the World and she had yet to discover them. Back at home she loved going to some of the underground pubs and bars – muggle and magical alike, because they all had something different to offer and we definitely her scene. Sure some people may have thought it was weird for her to go to a muggle put or bar but in the end of the day music was music and it was the same all over the World – muggle and magical. Seraphina actually had played in a few of the muggle places she went too and they had all liked her. It was good for her to go somewhere that she wasn’t known as in the Wizarding World, Ares Moon were starting to get a name for themselves so she was able to go to a few of the Muggle places where she had started off and just play without having the worries of disappointing her band or their name and just play for the love of playing. Seraphina listened to how Sebastian found out about this place. She nodded her head, impressed with his friends’ knowledge of what Sebastian liked. Seraphina shook her head when Sebastian said that this wouldn’t really be his friends taste, it looked like such a cool place it was hard to believe no one would like it. “Well thanks for asking me, it does seem really cool!” she exclaimed while giving it the once over again before turning back to Sebastian. Seraphina shrugged lightly at his question. “Things have been so-so. Been trying out a few different ideas for the band but nothing is worth showing yet and I’ve been helping out Detrick with his music tutoring and standing in for their drummer while he’s off sick with Dragon Pox. Nothing big just for demos and whatnot.” she said. Detrick, her older brother, was also in a band and had been starting to make it big as well and had been lucky enough to get signed so Seraphina just played drums for a few of the demos for now, luckily she knew all of her brothers stuff so it was easy enough for her to stand in. “What about you?” she asked, asking his question to him in return.

Sebastian nodded his head in agreement. "Well, we haven't just hung out in a while" he said with a shrug. The few times he'd chatted with Seraphina without the rest of the band present had been fun. She was smart, funny, and knew a lot about music, so conversation flowed easily between them. As he listened to her speak, Bas saw a barman walking over towards them. He was glad as he was really looking forward to a drink. "Dragon Pox? Poor dude" he mumbled as he continued to listen. It was cool to hear that Seraphina's brother was doing well too. Bas knew he was a musician as well, though his style of music was a bit different than Ares Moon's was. "That's cool. I hope they know they can't keep you though" he said, a smirk growing on his face. "Otherwise we might have to sic Willow on them" he added with a wink. From the moment he'd set eyes on her, Bas had known she was right for the band. It had only taken little more than watching her twirl a drumstick to know that Ares Moon needed her as much as she needed Ares Moon, maybe even more so.

Before he could begin to answer, the barman was upon them. Sebastian ordered his drink- a muggle beer- and after Seraphina had ordered, he spoke. "I told you about the part-timer I picked up at the Potions shop in France, right?" He had mentioned it once at a practice if he wasn't mistaken. "So...I've been saving up some galleons for some new equipment. I've also been writing some stuff, not sure how good it is though. I'll bring it to the next practice" he nodded his head at that. Sitting back, Sebastian chuckled to himself. "And, I've been trying to pick up cooking. My gran is on a muggle cruise for a couple of weeks and left me on my own. I figured I'd better unless I planned on take-out every night." Cooking had proven to be quite the challenge.

Seraphina had to agree, it had been a while since the two band-mates had just hung out by themselves. Sure they saw each other all the time but the rest of the band-mates were there and while that was great it was still nice when the two just got to talk by themselves. The two had a lot in common and Seraphina appreciated talking to someone that had the same interests as her that wasn’t her brother. While she was happy and lucky that her and Detrick had a great brother and sister relationship like not many had, she still liked talking to other people because she grew up with Detrick. She was just glad that he had Steph now so she wasn’t the only person he talked too because before Steph, he barely talked to anyone – unless it was pretty urgent and Seraphina was the only one that he could talk too. “True, true! I need this anyway, just seems I’ve been focusing on work a lot lately and just need some free time.” she said off-handily. It’s not that she didn’t love what she did, music was her passion, in any form; making it, performing it; everything about it – but then again she needed some free time every once in a while. “Yeah, it was pretty bad but Higgins seems to be getting better last time Detrick was talking to him.” he mentioned. She didn’t know the guy all that well but from what she had heard he was a pretty good player and she hoped he got back soon because she still didn’t feel comfortable playing for another band. Seraphina laughed softly at Sebastian’s comment. “Wouldn’t want Willow on them now! But don’t worry; my loyalties are with Ares Moon.” she said, the utmost sincerity in her voice. She was so lucky to be in a band such as Ares Moon and wouldn’t give it up for anything.

When the barman arrived at the table Seraphina waited until Sebastian placed his order before she ordered her own – a glass of goblin made red wine. When the barman walked away Seraphina turned back to listen to what Sebastian had to say. She nodded her head along with what he had to say. She vaguely remembered him mentioning his part-time job that he had gotten in France; she didn’t know how he could manage having a job and being in the band because she was finding it hard to go between the two bands as it was but fair play to him. “Ohh I can’t wait!” she said with a grin. It was always exciting when the group had new things to go from and Sebastian always brought great stuff. Seraphina listened to Sebastian talk about his cooking ventures. Laughing a bit more than she probably should she covered her mouth because she felt bad laughing at his misfortune. “Sorry but that’s funny. You should come over to mine sometime. Mum is an amazing cook and taught some really easy meals.” she offered.

"Good" Sebastian replied with a nod. He hadn't doubted Seraphina's loyalty for a second. They were a good foursome, each bringing a unique sound, look and personality to the stage. What they all had in common though was their unwavering loyalty towards each other. It was one of those things that a band either had or it didn't, and those that didn't usually didn't last very long. Ares Moon definitely did have it though. The members of the band had each other's backs. "I think there's definitely at least one or two songs that I think you guys will all like" he added, hoping he wasn't being overconfident. He was a good songwriter though and so far a few of the songs that he'd written had become songs that the group regularly performed. It was pretty cool actually.

When Seraphina began laughing at him, Bas put on a face as if he'd been horribly offended. "Oh stop it. It isn't that funny" he grumbled. His pride was taking a bit of a blow. But that didn't stop him from chuckling along. Sebastian was good at taking jokes even if they were about him, so long as the person knew that he would give it back to them. "I guess I won't be inviting you over for dinner then. You'll be sorry. I make a mean BLT" he said, smirking. His cooking was still quite bad, but the easy-to-make sandwich had become his best meal, which meant that he was making it so much even he was getting sick of it. His grandmother never used magic to cook, which meant she'd never shown Bas how to use magic to cook. He had a feeling she would be regretting that decision when she arrived home to see a few of her pots charred beyond repair.

As the barman quickly returned with their drinks and placed them on the table, Bas didn't reach for his right away. "You'd show me how to cook?" he asked, a bit surprised. That was a really nice thing for her to offer to him. Reaching for the blue bottle, Bas took on a more arrogant expression as he lifted the bottle to his lips. "Or are you just trying to get me to come home with you?" he teased before taking a quick sip of the drink in his hand.

Seraphina snorted slightly, the fact that Sebastian would think for even a second that Seraphina would drop her loyalties to Ares Moon was almost laughable and a bit down-heartening but that was only for a second because she knew that it was a silly thing to be thinking about. She did enjoy practicing with her brother’s band, Gory Of The Fetal, because it gave her creativeness to only increase as she was doing different things compared to what they would play in Ares Moon. Sure she had lots of creative input in Ares Moon, they all did, but she began to realise the more she played with new things the more her creativity that had been lacking a bit too much for her liking as of late was coming back to her. Although while she enjoyed the things that her brother played she much preferred the music that Ares Moon performed and she didn’t think that she could play that type of music for any longer than she actually had too. “I really can’t wait to hear them.” she said with a smile as Sebastian mentioned the new songs that he was going to bring to the band. It was always exciting at the prospect of having new material to work with and mess about until they had the proper sound and that all of their parts meshed together perfectly. Separately, the four of them were great musicians but when they came together it was definitely magic, just how well they sounded together, it was perfect chemistry. It was so hard to find a band that could work that well together but Ares Moon was definitely one of the rare few that worked so well together.

When Sebastian put on a face that showed that he clearly wasn’t happy with what she had said she couldn’t help but giggle a bit more than she should have. “Ohh! Yummy!” she said, exaggerating her words a bit more than she probably would have but now she was just having fun teasing her friend. “I’m really sorry I said that now.” she added, trying to remain serious but failing miserably at it as another fit of giggles escaped her lips. When the barman arrived with their drinks she reached for her wine and swirled the dark red liquid in the glass for a few moments before taking a small sip, eyeing Sebastian curiously as he hadn’t even reached for his drink yet. As she swallowed her drink she was about to reply to what he said, that was until he added something on to it. Laughing she said, “Oh please! Like a need an excuse like teaching you how to cook to get you to come home with me.” ....Was she flirting with Sebastian?

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the wait! =(

Sebastian smiled, glad that Seraphina was eager to hear his songs. He was a bit of a perfectionist when it came to song-writing, always thinking of ways to improve his songs. He would stress for hours to find the right word, the right phrase to express his idea. It was in those times that he really saw the resemblance between himself and his grandmother who did the same things with her potions. She would slave over them, adding a pinch of this and a dash of that, but the end result was well worth the effort. Sebastian felt the same way. By the time he brought the songs to the band, it meant that he was happy with it. So, even when Ares Moon didn't use them, he was alright. He knew the songs were good even if they didn't necessarily fit Ares Moon's image. "I'm still working out the ending to one of them. I thought of something while I was at work though, so I'll try it out tonight."

Sebastian playfully glared at her as she continued with her teasing. "You should be" he said solemnly before breaking out into another grin. Sebastian felt relaxed and happy, and he was quite glad for the chance to joke around as he was doing right now. He hardly cared that the conversation had taken a more flirty turn. It was all in good fun, and with someone like Seraphina, it was easy to do. He guzzled down half the bottle as he listened to her reply, his eyebrows arching up swiftly. His green eyes twinkled mischievously as he leaned in closer to her. "Hmm...Do you think I'm that easy?" he asked her with a grin. "I don't just go home with any pretty face y'know." Sebastian knew that he was shamelessly flirting with Seraphina now. He sat back, putting his arm on the back of the booth as he picked up his drink and finished it off, putting his hand up so the bartender could bring him another.

OOCOut of Character: oops
I am sooo sorry for not replying to this sooner. :(

Searphina really respected the way Sebastian put so much time and effort into his songs. For Seraphina she wasn’t one to write a song, she had tried a few times with Detrick but both of their strong suits laid in the making of the music. It helped that their childhood was dipping with musical influences. Their parents weren’t stars in the music industry; her dad worked in the Ministry and her mum stayed at home, but her maternal grandparents seemed to have a lot of power and knew a lot of people. So when her parents were younger Seraphina and Detrick’s mother had been one of those children that had gone to a lot of parties and was made by her parents to socialise. It didn’t help that her mother had a good singing voice and always had to sing a few songs at the parties. When her mother got older a lot of people had gotten interested in getting her signed and make her the next big thing but that was never something her mother want; she just enjoyed singing for the pleasure she got out of making people happy. Although her mother never lost any contacts she made and as such Seraphina and Detrick had gotten to know some big names themselves and this only helped both the Klein children develop an interest in music. With their mothers talents she saw the potential in her children and how much they seemed to want it and as any good parent would do; she helped them in any way possible. Learning to play nearly every instrument under the sun, singing lessons and even with all that, Seraphina and Detrick found it hard to make one decent song between the two of them. Anything Seraphina wrote was left under lock and key; so to speak, never to see daylight. “Awesome, plenty of time before our next meet!” she exclaimed happily. Of course she didn’t need a reason to be excited about meeting up with the band for a good jamming session but knowing Sebastian was bringing new material was just an extra bonus.

Seraphina simply rolled her eyes as Sebastian continued to make it out that Seraphina should be really sorry for what she had said; of course it was all in good fun so she didn’t think of taking him serious for a moment. As she finished saying what she had to say she sat back on the booth, relaxing and her smirk remaining like a permanent feature on her face, maybe she was flirting with Sebastian but she didn’t care. It was all in good fun and she knew Sebastian wasn’t the type of person to take her serious in this case. When he leaned in closer to her, her eyes glinted for a moment, wondering what he had to say. While the smirk was still on her face she relaxed the rest of her face muscles to remain as ‘serious’ as she could be in a moment like this. She waited a moment before replying to what he had to say. Seeing his signal the bartender for another drink she did the same, the fun was only starting. “Oh I know you don’t. Good thing I’m not just ‘any pretty face y’know.’” she said in a sweet, seductive-like voice. “No. I’m more of a...face you want to go home with, but can’t have.” She said easily as she sat back and kept a good stare with Sebastian. Hard to get...something most boys loved. As the drinks arrived Seraphina finished her current glass before bringing her new glass closer, if only she knew of the prying eyes on the lookout for something like this she would have known to slow down a bit – paparazzi were a b!tch.

OOCOut of Character: =(
I fail! :correct:

Sebastian was enjoying the banter between him and Seraphina. A grin crossed his face as he listened to reply and he put his hand over his heart, his head shaking slightly as if she had terribly wounded him with her words. "Wow...Seraphina. I'm hurt" he said melodramatically, stalling for time while he came up with a witty reply. The bartender came over then, giving Bas the extra moment he needed to come up with something. As she pulled her glass closer, Sebastian reached up his right hand to scratch his chin, the stubble from the 5 o' clock shadow he was sporting, rubbing against his hand. He had his 'serious' face on now, the one that meant he was trying to keep his expression serious while his mind was thinking. His reply in this case was not serious at all. As Sebastian glanced towards the bar, he noticed that a man was glancing over at their table. He quickly leaned over to speak to someone who was with him and Sebastian looked back at Seraphina, not a spot of concern about the man. There were plenty of others at the bar and since Sebastian knew none of them, he had no reason to care.

Finally, he sighed as if he were disappointed in her decision but had resigned himself to it anyway. "Ok" he began, dragging out the word as if he was hoping she would reconsider. "That's really too bad though" he began, picking up the beer bottle and taking a sip. He needed the liquid courage to continue with what he planned on saying. After another brief pause, he opened his mouth and spoke again, once again leaning over to his friend. "Cuz I would rock your world, Seraphina..." he broke out into a grin before continuing, "but now you'll never know." He raised an eyebrow at her and then went back to his drink, ready to take another sip. He had to stop right before the drink reached his mouth as a huge bark of a laugh escaped his lips. "Did I really just say that? That was a terrible line even by my standards" he said in between chuckles. Sebastian had overheard that line at a bar one day, and he'd nearly gotten punched when he had laughed aloud at the guy who'd used it. Never in a million years would he have thought he would use it, but it seemed right in this situation. They were acting silly and that was certainly the silliest line he'd heard in a long time.

OOCOut of Character:
I :wub: you anyway

Seraphina was starting to enjoy this even more than she thought she would. It all seemed to start off so harmless but then again she figured that’s how most flirting started off, not that she had much experience in the past. Well she never really flirted but a lot of guys tried to flirt with her but she just brushed them off because she was just not interested in any of those types of guys and their cheesy pick up lines because they were only after one thing and Seraphina knew what that one thing was. She had seen it happen far too many times, helpless girls falling for a few sweet nothings whispered in their ears by guys who seemed to be almost too good to be true and the only reason for that was because they were too good to be true and once they got what they wanted they left the girl hanging dry, pretty much heartbroken and not knowing what to do with herself. Seraphina had been brought up as a smart girl and wasn’t going to let anything like that happen to her. Most people would then think it strange that she was now deep in the one thing that she despised happening but this case was different because she knew that it was only Sebastian and it was just a bit of fun, nothing was going to come off it. Then again, she also knew Sebastian and that he wasn’t that type of person, he was actually one of those guys that seemed too good to be true but was actually true. That was one of the things she admired about Sebastian, he was a genuine guy and not like those other guys that just because they were in a band thought that they could have any girl that wanted and that every girl wanted him and knew it and used it to his advantage. Actually everyone in Ares Moon was pretty much down to earth for a band, she always heard about or read about bands that were in the news because of trouble they were causing or making such high demands and being complete divas. Ares Moon were still at the stage that they would take what they got and wouldn’t fight for demands because they were so grateful for the opportunity, something she hoped wouldn’t change over time because she was quite proud of her band mates in that sense.

Seraphina couldn’t help but continue to laugh softly and roll her eyes at Sebastian and his over-reacting to what she had said. For a moment there she almost felt like she was going to burst out laughing but she wanted to see how far the two could go and who would back down first and to be honest – she wanted it to be Sebastian. She eyed up her friend curiously as he rubbed his chin, with a somewhat very serious look on his face as if he was trying really hard to think of something to say. So Seraphina just sat there with a look of accomplishment on her face, sipping away at her wine. A smirk crossed Seraphina’s face as she heard a disappointed sigh leave Sebastian’s lips...had he actually gave up? She didn’t let her face show her delight just yet, not until she was sure. She edged a bit closer as he continued to talk, he was going to give up. Although after he took a sip of his drink the words that came out of his mouth cause Seraphina to pause for a moment, a very confused look on her face. What did he just say? The girl had an overwhelming urge to laugh but she wasn’t quite sure if she should or not, she was that confused. She continued to look at Sebastian with confusion on her face before he started to laugh himself. As they said laughing is contagious and true to the saying Seraphina started to laugh wholeheartedly, taking in how much she wanted to laugh for the cheesy pick up line and just about everything else they had said between each other. “Oh Sebastian. I raise my glass to you,” she said with tears forming in her eyes from laughing as she raised her glass. “That was the best worst pick up line ever. Please don’t tell me you made that up yourself.” she said with a real hope in her voice that he didn’t come up that himself because it was just downright awful.

OOCOut of Character:
Yay! ^_^

The look on Seraphina's face was priceless. The confusion that was apparent on her face more than made up for the night when that big, meathead of a guy had grabbed Sebastian by the collar and threatened to punch his lights out for bursting into laughter. A satisfied grin crossed Sebastian's face as he finished up his second drink while he watched Seraphina begin to laugh. Her laugh was infectious, just as amazing as her singing voice and he couldn't help but join in, his much deeper voice mixing with her more feminine one. They were loud, but Sebastian did not care that heads briefly turned in their direction. Some people chuckled as well before turning back to their own tables.

Just as his laughter was subsiding, Seraphina raised her glass to him. He listened to what she said and that set him off again. His sides were beginning to hurt from all of the laughter. It felt good though. Sebastian hadn't laughed like that in a long, long time. Biting the inside of his cheeks, Sebastian couldn't hide the grin on his face. He wasn't ready to stop the game just yet. With two drinks in such a short span and no food in his stomach, Sebastian was beginning to feel the alcohol's effects. Any seriousness about him, which was usually minimal anyway, was fleeing quickly. Sebastian turned his head towards the bar again. He held up his hand again and then pointed to the next table where the people sitting had some finger foods to munch on. The bartender nodded and got back to what he was doing.

Turning once more to Seraphina, Bas raised his pierced eyebrow at her. He snorted. "C'mon Fina. Please. I'm waaaaay better than that pickup line." He tapped his hands against the table to the beat of the song that was playing. "I usually go more for something like..." he paused, trying to think of what he would say to a woman he was trying to pick up. He had to think for a moment because picking up women wasn't something Sebastian did. He was probably the lamest rockstar ever in that sense, but he'd only ever dated people who had been his friends first. Drumming the table for another moment, a sudden inspiration came to him. It was still pretty lame, but slightly less lame than the line he had just uttered. "Got it. So, I'd probably get close to her" he began, leaning in to Seraphina as if she really were a girl he was trying to pick up, "and then I'd tell her ' Merci mademoiselle. I know we've never met but I just had to tell you that you've got the prettiest eyes I've ever seen. They're magical." Sebastian smirked and stayed near Seraphina for a beat longer, his green eyes staring into her greenish-blue ones and then he seemed to realize how close he was. He sat back slowly. "Is that a better line?" he asked with a faint smile.

By now Seraphina was way too into the game between her and Sebastian but she was soon going to realise that letting her guard down was going to cause a whole lot more trouble than she bargained for when she started this little Tete-a-tete between her fellow band mate; actually – it was probably something the two of them hadn’t bargained for. For now Seraphina only focused on holding her sides as she laughed, and laughed hard, at the pick up line that Sebastian had just tried on her. To be fair she had expected more from her friend but when she saw that he was laughing along then it made her realise that it maybe wasn’t his best, or even one of his at all. Seraphina didn’t know much about Sebastian’s personal life but she could see him as quite the ladies man, or at least a heartthrob. There was no denying that her friend was extremely handsome, even more so with a few drinks in her and no food in her stomach. She vaguely remembered him talking about some girl before, someone from his school day. Right now she couldn’t remember the girls name but she remembered thinking how much Sebastian must have liked her by the way he talked about her. Although he hadn’t talked about her in a while so she couldn’t help but ponder for a moment what had happened between the two but then she decided not too bother. The two band mates were having too much fun right now and Seraphina didn’t want to change the subject at all in case things turned serious and that was the last thing she wanted right now. When Seraphina was able to control her laughter once again she saw Sebastian grab the attention of the bartender, deciding that she should have some fun and relaxing she downed the rest of her wine and waved over at the bartender for another and asked for another drink for Sebastian as well.

She turned back to face Sebastian just to see his raised eyebrow. She folded her arms across her chest and put a look on her face that was to say ‘give it your best shot’ as he told her that he has waaaaay better pick up lines than that. Seraphina wasn’t really a good judge of pick up lines as she had never had any used on her before, she wasn’t the type of girl to have many boys fawning over her. She smirked as she watched Sebastian ponder what pick up line to use, the more she waited to more she grew interested as to what it would be. Biting her lips so as not to start laughing she continued to smirk as Sebastian began to talk through what he would do when picking up a girl. As he leaned forward, Seraphina mirrored his moves and leaned in closer as well. It felt weird being this close to Sebastian and Seraphina didn’t know if it was the alcohol but he heart began to race as he spoke. With their eyes locked Seraphina felt strangely comfortable but it was only to last a moment as she realised what it looked like and, like Sebastian, sat back. Composing herself she smirked slightly, “Mmm, definitely better than the first one…but only so so.” she said jokingly.

A flash of light was saw from the side of Seraphina’s eyes, narrowing them slightly she turned her face to see what had just happened. When her eyes focused again she saw a chubby little man with a camera in his hand and piece of parchment floating beside him, a quick notes quill writing Merlin only knew what. “What is your problem?” she asked him, her voice raised and clearly annoyed.
“Christian Bellano. Daily Prophet!” he stated in a heavy French accent. “So tell me, when did you two start dating? Is it going to put a strain on the band? Will Ares Moon stay together if you two break up?” The questions were making Seraphina’s head spin and she began to feel sick – something she was sure to do with the alcohol. What was this guy on about? “We are not dating. Now leave us alone please.” she told him, her voice strong and sure. When the man continued to question the two Seraphina turned to Sebastian with a look of pile, her eyes begging that they could leave.

OOCOut of Character:
Just thought I should move this one on a little bit! ^_^

OOCOut of Character:
Sounds good ^_^
Sebastian stuck out his tongue to his friend's response. As he was opening his mouth to retort, the flash of a camera momentarily startled Sebastian. His reactions were a beat slower than normal and he was beginning to feel a little off. He didn't drink very often, so when he did it affected him pretty quickly. It was something he should have thought about before asking Seraphina to meet him at a pub. There was no way that Seraphina could have known that, though Sebastian was well aware of how he behaved when intoxicated. As the bartender made his way over with more drinks, the only thought that floated through Bas's mind was that she was about to find.

As he turned his head towards the source of the light, little circles danced around in his vision. Whether it was from the flash or the alcohol was difficult to determine, though Bas figured it was a little of both. Seraphina was a little quicker on the uptake and Sebastian found himself staring at the man, a miffed expression on his face as he listened to the man's quick questions. It took a moment for it all to register and when it did Sebastian felt like laughing. The man thought he and Seraphina were dating! The idea made him chuckle, but when he looked at Seraphina he was able to sober up...slightly. Sebastian nodded as she confirmed that they were not dating, but the reporter seemed determined to get a story out of this. "So, the rumors about Sebastian having a girlfriend aren't true? What do your bandmates think? Have you told your fans?" Sebastian looked over to Seraphina for reassurance, and he could tell from the look in her eyes that she simply wanted to leave. Now, he did too. He rolled his eyes and spoke hastily. "Look...we came here for some privacy. Fina and I don't get to hang out that often..." he paused, eyes widening as he realized that all of that had probably made the situation worse. The man's quick quotes quill was writing at breakneck speed and he was practically quivering with excitement. "So, were you two having a romantic dinner? Thinking of the best way to break it to the world?" Sebastian glanced over at Seraphina and at first he was going to nod his head towards the door. It would have been the smart thing to do, but tonight seemed to be a night for Sebastian to make stupid decisions. He glanced over at Seraphina for a second, a brief second, a look of mischief flooding into his eyes. He could only hope she was game.

As he stood up, he turned to the reporter and held up a finger. He stepped closer to Seraphina and leaned towards her ear. The reporter looked positively giddy as if he was awaiting excellent news. "Do you want to leave? Oooor...we could have fun with this" he smirked and nodded his head to the reporter again as he waited for her reply. "It doesn't look like he or his story are going away..." he added quietly.

Seraphina had always hated the press with a passion. When she was younger she would read the Daily Prophet but as she got older she soon realised what a load of crap that it actually was. The journalists were more interested in getting a good story to boost rating than actually reporting the truth and stories that mattered to people. On top of this, Seraphina despised gossip. When she was Prefect and Head Girl at Durmstrang she would normally be harder on people who were idly gossiping than people who were doing things a tad more serious – not that they didn’t get what was coming to them, Seraphina just liked to make sure that the gossipers would stop before someone got hurt. She wondered why journalists had to be all up in celebrity’s lives. It was their life and they had every right to live it like a normal person and have their own privacy when they went out in public to have a few social drinks with a friend without being made to look like it was a romantic rendezvous. Seraphina was never one to hide her annoyance with people and she was known for a few good hexes and jinxes but as it was a public place and this person all ready seemed to have it in for them, she wasn’t willing to risk what was already going to turn out badly for herself and Sebastian and make it a million times worse. So for now Seraphina decided to stick to using her words and trying to remain calm in the situation which, considering her current state, was rather an accomplishment for her as she wasn’t really the best drunk, but no one was perfect at it. As she, in her own polite way, told the man to go away she rolled her eyes as he continued to shoot out questions at the two. She looked over at Sebastian, wondering what was going through his head right now as he was rather quiet. As Sebastian opened his mouth to talk Seraphina wondered what he was going to say to make the guy go away because it didn’t look like he wanted too. Although as Sebastian talked, Seraphina’s eyes widened in shock at his words. Sure she knew what he meant but that was such the wrong choice of words and she dreaded what was going to appear in the next edition of the Daily Prophet. She gave Sebastian a worried look as it seemed to her that he realised what he had said as well.

As the questions continued Seraphina began to wondering if she should just hex the guy to the next centaury but she decided to look over at Sebastian for the next move. Right now all she wanted to do was get out of there and forget about the horrible disaster that a nice night with Sebastian was turning out to be. Although the look she got from Sebastian was not something that she had expected. She quirked her eyebrows slightly, wondering what Sebastian was thinking about, but Seraphina knew that that look could only mean one thing. She snorted lightly as Sebastian gave the guy the finger as he came over towards her. She leaned forward a bit to listen to what he had to say. As each word came out of his mouth the smirk on her face grew wider. Now, normally Seraphina wouldn’t really be the type of person to do this but then again she wasn’t the type of person to flirt with a friend so this only seemed like the next step. Leaning back a bit she stared at Sebastian and nodded her head lightly. Looking over at the reporter she made sure he had her attention before saying, “You want a story? Try this one on for size.” And with that she raised her hand and wrapped it around Sebastian’s neck, pulling him down closer to her until their lips connected. Right now Seraphina wasn’t holding back, she didn’t know if it was the alcohol or the thrill of everyone watching her but she enjoyed it and didn’t hold back as she continued to kiss her band mate.

Every time that Sebastian had been the subject of rumors, a girl had been involved. He had to admit to himself that this time was the most amusing even though it had the potential to be the most disastrous as well. As he stared over at the man, Sebastian should have been thinking about what consequences might come to Ares Moon from this man's story, especially since he appeared to be dead set on writing a story about Sebastian and Seraphina for whatever reason. Unfortunately, that wasn't what he was thinking about. While he waited to find out if Seraphina was game, Sebastian was trying to think about what to say to get the biggest reaction from the man. If they were going to be screwed either way, they might as well go down with a huge laugh.

When he realized that Seraphina had made up her mind, Sebastian turned his head towards her. As she spoke, he laughed. The reporter looked gleeful and his quill was still writing quickly. When she grabbed his neck, Sebastian's eye widened a bit and he lowered his head towards her. It wasn't exactly what he had in mind but as far as getting a reaction, there was nothing that could have topped this. Sebastian's lips found Seraphina's for what he thought was going to be just a playful kiss. His arm went around her waist as it deepened. Had Bas not been feeling on the other side of tipsy, he surely would have ended the kiss then. Instead, he pulled her in closer until their bodies were pressed tightly together. He lost track of the sounds in the room for a second as he lost himself in the kiss that he couldn't say was only to give the reporter a story. Seraphina was attractive and he'd always secretly wanted to see what kind of kisser she was. As he finally came up for air, Sebastian became aware of the hooting and wolf whistles that were coming from around the room. The reporter looked like he'd been handed a million galleons. Slinging an arm around Seraphina's shoulder, Sebastian addressed the guy. "Now take that story and shove it. C'mon honey. Let's get out of here" he said as he turned and began to walk away.

When they got outside, Sebastian removed his arm from Seraphina's shoulder as they walked away from the pub. He couldn't help but burst out laughing, especially after he'd stumbled over a crack in the sidewalk. "Did you see his face?!" he exclaimed in between the laughter. It took several moments for the laughter to subside, but when it did, Sebastian added, "Well that was fun. I bet Willow is gonna kill us when that story comes out." He chuckled again as he said this. Bothering Willow had always been one of Bas's favorite pasttimes.

Seraphina’s mind was a bit of a blur now. It didn’t help that she was ever so slightly drunk and considering she hadn’t eaten since breakfast that morning she was really starting to feel the effects of the alcohol on her. The whole ordeal with the journalist was helping to force her to sober up a bit, just so much so that she was able to stand up for herself and Sebastian and not say anything to make this even more worse for them than it already was; no, she left that was to Sebastian – she was going to have to remind herself to slap him for making this worse for them by opening his big mouth. Although within a matter of a moments that were seeming to go in slow motion for Seraphina she knew that no matter what happened today, this story was going to print and it was going to be just as much her fault as it was Sebastians; sure he may have suggested it but she was the one who agreed to do it and be the one to initiate the act that the two would never have thought they would have seen themselves in this morning – then again, when is it fun when things turn out the way you expect them too. Seraphina came to learn over the past few years that it’s always better to embrace the unexpected rather than push it away as far as possible, it was moments like this that made life worth living at times, it made it all so much more exciting and fun. Although, Seraphina knew that while it was fun now, it was going to come back and blow up in their faces so hard that it’ll make them wish they hadn’t done it. Alas it was too late now as Seraphina felt Sebastian’s arm wrap itself around her waist, pulling her deeper into the kiss than she expected. This kiss wasn’t supposed to mean anything and she figured it wasn’t supposed to last long or be this deep but clearly her body was telling her something different as she seemed to matched Sebastian’s moves and get into the kiss more and more than she probably should have but she couldn’t help it as she seemed to be enjoying it…but she wasn’t allowed to enjoy it. Was she? That may have been what it was about. She knew Sebastian was a very attractive guy and she would be lying if she had never thought about him in another way before but it was harmless, before they became friends. Maybe it was the fact that this should be completely forbidden between bandmates that made her enjoy it all the more. Although soon, maybe too soon, she had to come up for air. She could feel her chest moving up and down rather fast paced as she tried to catch her breath and figure what she just did.

As soon as Seraphina had a few moments to gather her thought she became aware of her surroundings, for a moment forgetting that anyone else was there. She felt her cheeks starting to grow warmer with a deep pink starting to rise as she blushed with the sounds of the hooting and wolf whistles that were coming from around the room. Seraphina caught a quick glance of the reporter and tried to refrain a laugh from escaping her lips as it was just too good that he had bought the whole thing. Seraphina looked up at Sebastian as he addressed the reporter and let a smirk spread over her lips. She nodded her head as Sebastian said for the two to get out, not even reacting to being referred to as ‘honey’, it only added to it all perfectly. Once they were outside of the pub and the fresh air hit her like a tonne of bricks the young woman began to laugh, and laugh like she never had before. The whole thing had just been too hilarious and it was only added too when Sebastian made a drunken stumble. “That was amazing. So funny!” she exclaimed, agreeing with what Sebastian had said. When he mentioned Willow she stopped laughing for a moment as she knew just how bad it could turn out with Willow when she found out but slowly began to laugh again, realising she didn’t really care. “I’m sure she’ll be fine. She’ll probably see the funny side of it when we explain it to her and might even agree with what we did.” she said, shrugging her shoulders, one could never tell with Willow. “Plus, there is no such thing as bad publicity." Realising the time Seraphina did a quick calculation in her head to figure what time it was at home. “poop, it’s late. I should really be heading home and get some food. I’m starving.” she said, patting her stomach softly. “This was great, we should do it again.” She added with a wink. Laughing for a bit more, she said her final goodbyes to Sebastian and apparated off home.

Sebastian was glad to hear Seraphina's laughter join his. He'd been a bit worried that she might not have liked the whole 'honey' thing at the end there. Sebastian had thought it was a nice touch, a great way to cement their little joke in the man's head. As he saw her pause in her laughter, a fleeting moment of unease swept through the young man as he realized that the man was going to publish the story. Not only would Willow see it, but it would also be available to everyone else. Their fans, their friends, their families would all soon see and begin questioning the pair. Bas thought about this for a brief moment before his mind wandered to another thought. At the moment, he couldn't be bothered to care. He listened to Seraphina and shrugged as well. "You're right. We let that guy off easy. If Willow had been here..." he trailed off, shaking his head and chuckling as he imagined what Willow might have done.

When Seraphina began to realize the time, Sebastian scoffed at her. The night was still young, but he could see her point about getting some food. His stomach grumbled loudly at that precise moment as if it too felt the need to prove a point to Sebastian. "Yea, me too. We'll have to get together for those lessons one of these days." he reminded her. "A man can't live on BLTs y'know." As she said her goodbyes, Sebastian chuckled his way through his own goodbyes. The alcohol was still getting the best of him and as she winked in his direction, Sebastian smiled devilishly. "Aye....you name the time and the place and my lips will be there." Sure, it was shameless flirting, but Bas wasn't going to deny that those few moments when he'd been kissing her had felt good. He hadn't kissed anyone since Amzurah, and although he still wasn't sure what to do about her and his feelings for her, he knew there was nothing he could do about that. She was away, off in America still. And, he knew exactly what he wanted from Seraphina and it certainly wasn't a relationship, not a serious one anyway. He just wanted to have some fun, just like they'd had tonight. As he watched his friend apparate away and he got ready to apparate himself away, Sebastian's thoughts traveled back to that reporter. He had no idea what would come from the article, but whatever it was, Sebastian would accept and deal with. Not until morning though. For tonight, making it home without splinching was about as much as he could and would deal with. On that note, the boy vanished with a crack from the quiet French street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back