Good old France.

Elise Finnigan

OOC First Name
Caysi
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Elise yawned, reaching over to set down her alarm clock. She groaned, last night she had made herself put on an alarm so that she could be ready on time to go into town today. Elise quickly showered and changed. Today was a nice day outside she wore a white shirt and jeans. Elise quickly tied her hair up and locked the door behind herself. Elise quickly apparated to downtown Paris.

There were so many shops that Elise thought that she was going to out buy herself. Elise walked around and shopped, but it was time for a break. She walked into a little cafe. Elise ordered herself a cappuccino and went to sit near the windows, she was lucky that she could even get a spot today how busy the cafe was.

Alex found himself yawning as he laid back in the little cafe, staring outside as life went by. He needed a break from his intensive training and outcast lifestyle in Jamaica. He was a popular figure in the village but well, they could only give him so much friendliness. Certain people, obviously the equivalent to the mafia, stopped him becoming one of the villagers himself. Not that he cared. He could go wherever he wanted whenever he wanted. And he was quite happy just running about in the warm weather.
As he heard the door open, he found a girl near his age walk in and moved his eyes up and down her body. Mmm, well he wasn't going to complain at all. It was a nice view. As another loved-up couple passed by the busy cafe, he could only roll his eyes. They didn't know what they were missing all the time. The freedom you had when you weren't tied to only one girl. Sitting up, he watched from the reflection on the window of her grabbing a capacino and sit by the window, next to where he was sitting. A smirk travelled onto his face as he saw her relief pass on her face. Hmm, she was glad for a seat it seemed.
'Bonjour. Ca va bien?' he asked her, his slick french rolling off his tongue. It was his second language, having bag-packed all over the country for his summer before fourth year. He picked up the language very fast, and it was only a benefit to him for getting some of the other girls.

Elise blew at her cappuccino, not wanting to spill some of the hot liquid on herself, she placed it on the table. She was alerted when a guy started talking French to her. She smiled " Bonjour, ca va tries bien, merci.. et vous?" She asked him. Elise was somewhat fluent in French, thanks to her mostly French population at Beauxbatons. " Ma nom est Elise, et tu nom?" She asked him again, waiting for his reply.

Alex smiled as the girl replied back to him in french. Well, he hadn't thought of her as a tourist but you could never really tell these days. Besides, it was basic french. Anyone should be able to reply to a simple question like that. As he watched her blow on her cappuccino, he couldn't help but smile. It was quite interesting to see how so many people could drink one drink in so many different ways. He had seen only 3 people blow on their cappuccino's and she was one of them.

'Ca va bien maintenant que tu es ici,' he replied, a cheeky hint to his voice as he gave a her a flirty smile. He might as well have a bit of fun before he went and what would be better than to leave some girl high and dry? He took his latte from his table and moved himself so he was sitting by her at a closer distance. Placing his index fingers near the spoon, he moved the spoon in a circular movement, stirring the warm coffee in an anti-clockwise without any effort whatsoever.

He looked towards her face, his expression one of warmth and amusement. 'Mais, ce serait trop facile pour moi parler ma nom. Je pense que tu auras a faire plus que cela pour le gagner il.(<?)' A playful tone took to his words as he clicked his fingers and the coffee's spoon seemed to cease stirring immediately. Taking it by the side, he took a sip near the handle. It was always how he drunk. Generally people always held the handle and hence, always drunk as far away from the handle as possible. And he did it the opposite way around, for reasons he could not know.

Elise took a sip of her drink. Hmm, this boy did know his French. Elise knew most of what he said but it did give her a head ache to think too much in French. Elise smiled. " I'm going to reply in English, sorry my French isn't that good." Elise laughed. " Well, your so sweet, imagine if I didn't come here." She nodded, hoping that what she interpreted was what he actually said. " I'm going to have to earn it?" She laughed. " How on earth am I going to do that?" She smiled playfully, she quickly took a sip of her drink. " Earn it... hmm." She nodded, she didn't know how she was going to do it.. but she was going to have too. " That was what you said right?" She said with a smile, but she was also worried a bit.

Alex laughed as Elise said she couldn't be bothered speaking french anymore. Looks like he had misjudged after all. Well at least she had been nice enough not to make him feel like a complete idiot. That would of just been embarrassing as hell. As he laughed, he gained some stares of wonder from some of the waiters. Pft, it wasn't that rare. He just didn't find them that funny in the ways of their bad flirting.
He cast his gaze to the window as she told him what it would be like without her. Probably exactly the same to be honest. Chatting up some hot girl for the sake of it, using those exact words because to get a girl, you have to think that it's about them, not what you can do with them. He raised an eyebrow in her direction as she laughed at his proposition.
Her laugh seemed so familiar but he couldn't place where he had heard a laugh like that before. It had been recent though, he was sure of that. Well, maybe not recent but definitely this year. Shrugging the thoughts away, a crooked smile played on his face as he shrugged to the how she was going to do that. He could think of several ways but like he was going to tell her. That'd be far too easy and the fun would all disappear. A thinking game, to how someone's mind works was never to be given suggestions.
'Yes, that's what I said. For someone who doesn't want to speak French, they're pretty good at it,' he replied, meaning it. He wondered why she didn't end up wanting to speak it. Perhaps, she was really crap and didn't want to end saying something wrong when it became more casual.

Elise nodded. She didn't have a clue on earth how she was going to get this guy's name at all. She scratched her head. " This isn't going to be easy." She gave a small smile. Elise had never really had a chance to talk to guys one on one, of course there were her brothers but they were a far cry from normal. " Well, going to a school that mostly speaks French, I would've had to have picked up on the language at one point or another." She smiled. " I choose not to speak it mostly because I don't get some words right, and I go on my intuition, and in most cases my intuition is wrong." She added. Elise would have to go around the topic of names, maybe at one point he would slip it out, or give any clues that would indicate his name. " You speak French very well, how did you learn?" She asked the un-named boy.

Alex smiled. All he had got from her right now was that she didn't take to unfamiliar situations like a lion,t hat was for sure. She thought before doing things, a lot different to what he was like. Never did he think, only regret or in some cases, thank god for.
He watched as the door to the cafe opened once more and in walked a happy couple. His face filled with disgust for a split second before returning to his happy exterior. He hated his past and all those did was remind him how stupid he had been as a teenager. How much he had put his trust into people when they had shown some care, 'specially when he should of known better.
He laughed as she commented on her crap intuition. 'Well, at least now we know who's the logical one here then,' he commented, a lopsided smile, showing off his white teeth in the process, formed. Yes, she was definitely not like him in that sense, but then she was friendly and that's all that mattered. 'So, which of the famous school have the honour of you then? Saint Louis, Fenelon or perhaps even L'ermitage?' he asked her, naming all the big muggle schools he could think of in Paris. Let's see what her knowledge of her home residence was then.
He gave her a curious gaze as she asked him of a question. He ran his fingers through his chocolate hair, leaving it all in the ruffled up look once more. He shrugged. 'Do I not seem like a French person to you then,' he replied as his answer. Perhaps it was more a question than a statement, just how she would take it would depend but he was going to have fun with this. Answering every question with a question. Letting the riddle get harder and harder.

Elise laughed, " The logical one, would be you." She nodded, that was for sure. She took a quick sip of her drink, it was cooler now.. at least she was able to drink it and not burn off any tongue cells or the whole tongue completely. Yes he did have nice teeth, she could give him that. Elise didn't even know any of the schools that he named, must be muggle schools. " None of those actually." She with a quick shake of her head. " I go to Beauxbatons, first in my family to go to a French magic school." She nodded. " What school did you go to?" She asked him. Elise looked at the boy, she couldn't depict what ethnicity he was, but French couldn't be a major factor. " Well, seeing as you don't have the accent, that would be my first indication that you aren't French." She said looking at him. " Other than that, I could say that you would be French mostly because of proper French grammar." She smiled.

Alex raised an eyebrow as she mentioned she went to Beauxbatons. 'Well, aren't you a brave person.' he mentioned, amazed at how easily she managed to slip that one out. If he wasn't a wizard, he would of just laughed in her face and take a trip to the local looney bin. But he wasn't thankfully. 'What if perhaps, I'm not a wizard. Which the chances are pretty rare when you're in the middle of muggle city,' he replied, his voice lowering to keep out other unwanted people from hearing.
He took another drink from his latte before smiling at her french explanation. 'There, you would be correct. I amn't french at all. In fact, I come somewhere else but I've only ever spent 7 years there,' he answered, while a small glint of hate seeped into his eyes. He was glad he had only spent so little there to be honest. He had made his life better than that and he was glad. All thanks to Haden.
'I do find the flower decor is always so bland here. Don't you?' he stated, while staring at the single red rose in the center of the table. And to even make it worse, it hadn't fully bloomed yet. Concentrating on a nice tiger lily, he snapped his fingers above the white vase, before it appeared, taking the limelight from the dull rose. He smiled, more to himself, as he admired his work. It just seemed to be getting better and better with his new outtake to life.

Elise shrugged her shoulders. " Then, I would possibly be in some grave danger." She gave a cheeky grin. Elise took another long sip of her drink, it was loosing it's warmth; therefore making her quickly drink. " Where do you come from?" She asked him curiously. " That is quite bland." She nodded. " But not my sister's wedding of course, she wants to go all out with flowers in Hawaii for her wedding." She said rolling her eyes. " Those poor flowers will die." She shook her head.

Alex laughed as she gave him a cheeky smile. It made her face light up with a hint of youth rebel. Course, it was just like Alex had been. Completely oblivious to the consequences until after. She asked him again where he came from and Alex smirked. He could just tell her vaguely and see if she could guess any places there. Or he could just give it up. Nah, no fun.
'Somewhere in Scotland,' he replied, a smile lighting up his eyes. Yep, knowing her and practically the rest of people he had met down in new Zealand would assume that was just glens and moors, aka The Highlands.
He chuckled as she went on about her sister's wedding in Hawaii. 'But isn't that every second girl's dream for a wedding in Hawaii?' he asked, curiosity in his voice. 'The whole tropical , Loa scene.' He rolled his eyes at the whole flower dying thing. 'Not if you top them up with magic. They won't die.' he took one last drink from his latte before leaning back in the chair with his hands behind his head, a smug look on his face. bet she didn't know how to do that.

Elise nodded fiddling around with the handle of her cup. " I'm from Ireland, but now living in France for school." She smiled. "Still trying to decide what I want to do when I get out." She sighed. " Of course Caysi would want all of that, going over the top, poor fiance all stressed out with her." She laughed. " My sister can be a hectic one at times." She laughed, but more along the terms of very hectic is what she was thinking of. " I guess that could work too." She nodded, he did have a point. " I don't dream of that kind of wedding, sure the heat is nice, but.. I'll probably change my mind in a few years anyways." she laughed.

Alex smiled as she sighed about what to do. He hadn't ever had that problem. Since he was 13, he knew exactly what it was he wanted to do, and now he had got it and was loving every minute of it. 'You know, there's always space in the Olympics. Britain could always use some more worthwhile athletes if they're expecting to beat Jamaica with their new sprinter,' he replied, the smug smile still on his face. Course, if she was like any other normal girl, she'd have no idea the new sprinter running for Jamaica was him. It wasn't big on the news, he even knew that. Only in the sports section of some newspapers did it mention the upcoming olympics finalists.
As she mentioned Caysi, his attention perked up. She didn't mean his baby 'sister' did she?? But then again, she was going to hawaii for her wedding, and she wanted flowers. And she did mention her sister being Elise. Ha, looks like he had met her before the wedding. Alex wondered if she should know of his discovery but decided against it. He would surprise her. Yes, then she'd find out who he was then if she hadn't already.
'The heat? Nice? Not sure if I should agree with that. At night, the humidity is unbreathable in the full blown summer. Or you could do in the day but have the sun bearing down on you and the rest, either getting you sunburnt or have the make up melt,' he stated, knowing what he was talking about. Jamaica wasn't that different to Hawaii at all, in terms of climate.

Elise laughed. " That's true, but I wouldn't be into running like you." She smiled. " My sister tried to go into the Olympics a couple years ago for diving." She nodded. " But that didn't work out to well, she ended up breaking her arm." She laughed. " But, I'd go for the winter Olympics, I'm into Snowboarding and Skiing, but you do have a point, I could always try that." She nodded with her head. " I really don't even want to think about that heat right now, I'm going to be redder than a pepper at that wedding, considering it's on a beach." She rubbed her temples. " It's not going to be pretty." She laughed. " Alright, it's bugging me.. what is your name?" She asked. " Like, do you know any of my siblings, cause then I can ask them, and see if they can tell me who your are, because I really would like to know!" Elise smiled.

Alex ran a hand through his hair casually, a broad grin spreading on his face as she mentioned snowboarding. 'God, I miss that sport so much. Ever been to Glenshee. Good slopes there for practicing some techniques,' he told her, enthusiasm for the sport clear in his tone. He had never been able to ski, mostly because the skis keep going out the way or overlapping for some reason but snowboarding, was just like skateboarding. He didn't think any boy couldn't skateboard, it was third nature to him almost.
He laughed as she mentioned the heat. 'Aw come on. You're not that pale.' He reached over the table and picked up her soft hand against his calloused ones. Taking the back of his hand against hers, he showed her the difference between the tans. It really was quite a contrast than he had thought, his dark tan from living in Jamaica since the end of school, looking alien against Elise's normal hand. 'Well, maybe if you used someone who lived here as a contrast,' he replied, slapping his forehead playfully. He pulled away his hand, leaving them rested in a temple next to his chin shaking his head towards her. 'Nope,' he told her, popping the 'p'. 'You've not earned it yet,' he added, a crooked smile back on his face.

Elise nodded. " I should give there a try." She said. " I some times go to the Alps just to do random runs, it helps me concentrate when I'm on a big hill, don't ask why but it does." Elise smiled. Elise looked at the difference between her arm and his arm. " See, I am pale, just like my whole family." She sighed. " The whole family is cursed with the paleness." She giggled. She grumbled. " How on earth am I going to earn this?" She said outloud and to herself in her head. " I could steal you for a few days and see what the names says on missing persons." She laughed at her idea, it was pretty vague.

Alex nodded as she told him that. 'I know what you mean. The wind just flies through your thoughts don't you find? You can think so much clearer without having people annoying you with their put-downs,' he agreed, knowing the feeling. He found it the same with the running, mostly one of the reasons he did it. Clear his mind, numb his thoughts, get away from it all; it was all the same.
He laughed as she cursed her plain gorgeous skin. He didn't ever see Caysi as pale. In fact, he had been paler than her the second year at the school, the term after umm some bad stuff had happened. No, she had been very tanned but he kept his mouth shut, in fear of spilling out that he knew Caysi or anyone.
Feeling this conversation had gone on long enough if he were to keep himself 'hidden' until the wedding, he decided to end it there. Standing up in a fluid movement, his fingers let a few euros dribble onto plate like water and he walked round to stop by her. Bending low near her ear, he smiled against it. 'And how would you do that when you don't know if I even exist to anybody?' he whispered seductively in her ear before straightening up. Placing a warm hand on her shoulder, he looked down, a warm smile forming on his full lips.
Her shoulder felt so nice under his hand but he would never admit that to himself. 'Until next time, Elise Finnigan,' he told her before walking out he cafe and disappearing in amongst the crowd.

Elise nodded. " Yeah, exactly. No one can bother me, all my thoughts are my own." She sighed, taking her last sip of her drink. Alex was right, Elise didn't know that, but she could find out his name one way or another, asking her sister and giving the best description that she could. But when would the next time be? She smiled as he left. " Yes, until next time." She nodded, she sighed and got up, putting her jacket on and left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back