OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
The forest had caught Jasper's attention immediately, and he still boasted to whoever would listen about how he had gone in there on his first day. But it wasn't the only part of the grounds that caught the boy's interest. The lake was pretty awesome too! Jasper was convinced a lot of different creatures lived there, and he was determined to meet one today. He hadn't really planned ahead, but quickly got an idea. He pulled the shoelaces out of his right shoe and grabbed a branch, tying the shoelace to it so he could use it as a fishing rod. On the end, he tied a piece of chocolate he had saved in his pocket. Hopefully sea monsters liked chocolate. He stepped over to the edge of the lake and lowered the 'bait' into the water.

Deepa had known it would only be a matter of time before she couldn't help herself talking to Jasper. She'd been making a point to avoid him so far, but when she saw him at the lake with what barely passed for a makeshift fishing rod, she just had to go over and find out what he was trying to achieve. "Do you actually know how to fish?" she asked.

Jasper stepped a little closer to the edge of the lake, annoyed that his shoe was already sliding off. It seemed like shoelaces did have a use, who knew? He looked up when he heard someone nearby, his excited expression morphing into a scowl as he noticed who it was. "Oh." He said, frowning. "No, but I'll figure it out!" He said, lifting his chin up slightly. "Let me guess, you're some sort of fishing expert?" He was still stung over how she had beaten him at football.

Last edited:
Deepa crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow - a challenging expression. "No, I don't know anything about fishing," she said. "But even I know you can't catch fish with a shoelace on a stick. Do you even have any bait?"

Being outside on a day like this was the best thing that could ever happen to anyone ever. Sierra was rushing around, trying to remember and see as much as the castle as she could, when she saw her two bestest ever friends hanging out by the lake. She heard Deepa talking about fishing and she laughed loudly at them. "You're both wrong! This is how you catch fish!" She exclaimed, before taking off towards the water and jumping in, making sure to do a big bomb so that the water flew everywhere.

The expression on Deepa's face was enough to irritate Jasper, and he definitely wanted to prove her wrong. "Ha! I'm not trying to catch fish." He said, pointing at her with one hand. "I'm trying to get something more interesting, like a sea monster." He pulled his rod out of the water, showing the chocolate at the end, which had melted a lot. Who knew that would happen? But before he could defend himself further, he heard a familiar voice shouting at them that they were wrong. He grinned and turned his head to greet Sierra, but the girl raced past him and jumped into the water. Jasper was soaked, but once he was over the initial shock he started to laugh. "Sierra is the real sea monster!"

Deepa didn't like to say that if there were any sea monsters in the lake, they were more likely to catch Jasper than he was to catch them. She gawped as he lifted the line from the water. "What is that? Is that chocolate?" She didn't have time to find out before they were interrupted by Sierra. Deepa couldn't have been happier to see her - until suddenly she canonballed into the lake. Deepa jumped back, but she still got hit by a heavy spray. "Sierra!" Ugh! Her clothes were going to take forever to dry!

Sierra laughed when Jasper called her the sea monster, before putting on her scariest expression. "Give me all your chocolate!" She shouted, swimming closer to the two of them, resting her arms on the edge of the grass. "Yeeeessssss?" Sierra replied, as innocently as she could, to Deepa, giving her a smile.

Jasper nodded when Deepa asked if it was chocolate, but couldn't elaborate until after Sierra was done with her splash. He put the fishing rod down and squeezed water from his sweater, starting to shiver a little. "Yes, it is chocolate!" He said brightly, challenging Deepa to be annoying and superior about that too. He turned to look at Sierra. "Nice sea monster, you probably shouldn't eat chocolate that has been in the lake." He told her with a shrug. He didn't often have common sense, but that seemed pretty obvious. He shouldn't be surprised the two knew each other, but it was still a little odd. They seemed so different.

Deepa scowled at Sierra. She'd hoped her friend showing up would make things better, but only Deepa seemed to have noticed how stupid and obnoxious Jasper was. "You're going to get sick, it's freezing," she warned Sierra, before turning to Jasper. Hmm. Actually, that was a good point. Unfolding her arms, she launched herself at Jasper, pushing against him with all her weight in an attempt to drive him into the water.

Of course Deepa was going to be boring and say things a grandmother would say. He was tempted to ignore her and talk to Sierra on his own, but then noticed movement from the corner of his eye. He turned his head in time to see Deepa coming at him and yelped in surprise. The girl connected with him and he stumbled, but he tried to grab the nearest steady thing to keep standing. Unfortunately, his brain decided the nearest steady thing was Deepa herself, but she really wasn't all that steady. He pulled her along as he fell into the lake, yelling loudly as he hit the water.

"Boo!" Sierra shouted in response to Jasper saying she shouldn't eat the lake chocolate! "You can't tell me what to do!" She blew a raspberry at Deepa, cheekily grinning at her, when she told her she would freeze. She didn't feel cold! She felt alive! Luckily she didn't have to try convince the others to join her, as they clung onto each other and jumped in together! "INTRUDERS!" Sierra yelled loudly, swimming over quickly to them. "INTRUDERS IN MY LAKE!"

Deepa had stopped listening to Sierra when she'd starting pushing Jasper - mostly because her concentration was taken up with trying not to get pulled into the lake herself. A split second later she hit the water, shrieking her head off. It was as cold as she'd expected it to be, and for a moment, flailing her arms around, she thought she was going to drown. Then she realised she could reach the bottom. "You idiot!" she screeched, pushing Jasper, splashing water at him. As Sierra swam over, yelling above the commotion, Deepa splashed her as well. "It's so cold, I think my legs are going to fall off!" she shouted, but she was laughing now. "No! Get away from the sea monster! Get her!"

Jasper spluttered and gasped as he surfaced in the water, a laugh escaping him. Deepa called him an idiot and pushed him, and he splashed water back at her. "You pushed me!" He called back at her, indignant. "After you said Sierra would get sick!" He added, sticking out his tongue. But Deepa was laughing, and Jasper had to admit she was a lot more fun now than she had been moments ago. Sierra swam over, and when Deepa shouted to 'get her', Jasper complied without thinking about it much. He lunged at Sierra, grinning. "I'm catching a sea monster today!"

Sierra laughed when Deepa splashed her, sending her own wave of water back, before gasping in pretend shock when Deepa called out to get her. She shrieked with laughter when Jasper lunged after her - she wasn't an amazing swimmer but she doggy paddled as fast as she could. "Nooo! I'll send my sea minions on you! Sea monsters! Assemble!" Sierra called helplessly for creatures from the lake to help her.

"You don't have any sea minions," Deepa said, thinking fast. "They're nocturnal." She didn't feel confident enough to swim any further into the lake, so she stood where the water was still fairly shallow, shivering.

Jasper laughed too when Sierra swum away from him, but he didn't make a great effort to catch her. The water was very cold, and he was quickly losing interest in being in it. He was kind of grateful when Deepa decided there were no sea minions. "Y-yeah, I heard that too." He said seriously, though his teeth started to chatter. He moved back to Deepa. "Hey miss know-it-all, do you have any w-warming spells?"

"You're nonturnal." Sierra griped back, mispronouncing the word completely. What did that even mean? Her two friends seemed to be over the playfight rather quick, but Sierra stayed in the water, keeping herself afloat when Jasper asked about warming spells. "You'll stay warm if you swiiiim!" She sang out to the two.

Deepa shook her head. The shock of the cold water was making it difficult to catch a proper breath, and suddenly all she could think was that she was going to stop breathing altogether and die, and then her parents were going to kill her again for doing something so stupid as swimming in the lake in September. "No I won't," she snapped at Sierra, wading over to the edge to pull herself out of the water.

Jasper hated to agree with Deepa, but he had to agree with Deepa. Swimming more definitely wouldn't help him keep warm. He followed her to the shore, pulling himself up too. "So that's a no on the spells?" He asked her, trying to smile despite his chattering teeth. "I wonder if she can even f-feel cold." He added, gesturing at Sierra with his thumb. "Maybe she r-really is a s-seamonster, huh?"

Sierra pulled her tongue, teasingly at Deepa who said she wouldn't be warm if she kept swimming. She ducked under water while the other two were talking, opening her eyes to see if she could see anything. It wasn't a good idea. Sierra resurfaced, spluttering. "Guys, don't open your eyes okay, it's not a good idea."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back