OOC First Name
Kenzie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Amara was still getting used to the New Zealand life. It was another island, but it wasn't England, and none of her friends were there. Her mum had brought her to Obsidian Harbour for a day of exploration and socialization. Of course, the only thing Amara had managed to befriend so far was a stray cat, and the term befriend was being used very loosely. "Come here," she called out to the cat, making little kissing noises at the tabby as it rounded the corner of a building. "I just want to pet you," the girl whined. She was sure the cat would adore her attention if it would stay still long enough for her to pet it.

Crouched down, Amara awkwardly waddled around the corner in slow pursuit of the animal. With her entire focus on the orange tail in front of her, she didn't notice the form coming towards her from the opposite direction until it was too late. "Oomph," Amara grunted as she bumped into a pair of legs and was knocked off balance. "Oh, I'm so sorry!"

Even though Nolan had lived in New Zealand for most of his life, he had felt that he hadn't really explored much of it and New Zealand had still pretty much felt new to him. Especially the magical world of it all. It was a different experience than he had remembered when he was in Ireland. Nolan was out on the Obsidian Harbour, his parents wanted to get somethings done, and the rest of his siblings slowly following behind them. He had to slowly walk away from this boring trip to Obsidian Harbour, he didn't feel like going out to the harbour today Nolan wanted to stay home and play more with his instruments, but his annoying mother had to bring him with her. Nolan had to convince his mum that he could go somewhere else. his mum reluctantly agreed which had made him happy.

Nolan then walked separate from his parents, his parents telling him when and where to meet back. He had decided to see if they had any sort of musical stores here in the Harbour, maybe he could check out some cool instruments. He had some doubts that there were going to be any musical stores here anyways. He was so inversed with trying to find a musical store, that when he didn't realise that there was someone kneeling on the ground, making him trip. "Oof. I'm sorry." Nolan says after he falls, blushing a little with guilt.
"Nah, don't be sorry. It was my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going"

Last edited:
Dropping onto her hip, Amara cautiously looked up to see who she'd bumped into, unsure of the reaction she'd get. The young girl was pleasantly surprised when it appeared to be a boy around her age who was just as apologetic as she. "You're not the only one to blame. I was distracted and didn't see you either." She looked off in the direction of where the cat had scampered off. In the shadows of a nearby building, Amara swore she could see a pair of glowing yellow eyes.

"I was trying to pet my new friend." She paused, chuckling as she realized how silly that sounded. "A cat. My new friend is a cat, and I was trying to pet him...or her. But it ran away." Amara frowned as she gave one last look towards the shadows, but the yellow eyes were no longer there. Carefully, she stood up, brushed off her pants, and offered the boy a shy smile. Now that she had the attention of someone other than the cat, she figured she should at least make an attempt at conversation. At least then she'd be honest when she later told her mother she'd tried to make friends.

"I'm Amara, by the way. And sorry again. I'm not usually so clumsy," she shrugged. "We just moved here and mum wanted me to get out and make some friends. Best thing I could find was that cat."

Nolan smiled at the girl when she explained how he wasn't the only one to blame. "If you're sure," Nolan says with a chuckle. He had still felt bad that they both had fallen down in the process of him not looking. Nolan nods when the girl explains that she was trying to be friends with a cat, which Nolan had found a bit strange since the cat had probably been a stray cat. Nolan had realised that he was still sitting on the ground from the fall when he had noticed that the girl was standing up. He stood up after her, wiping off any dirt that was on him from the fall.

Nolan shakes his head. "It's okay, I'm sorry too. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I was looking to see if they had any music stores around here." Nolan says with a small smile, as he explains his side as to why it was his fault. "Hi Amara, I'm Nolan," Nolan says, his Irish accent coming in strong, to Amara as he finally introduces himself.

Now that Amara wasn't so focused on apologies, she suddenly noted a tad of familiarity with the boy's accent. It certainly didn't sound like the other New Zealanders around, but perhaps the run-in with her new acquaintance had rattled her brain a bit more than she realized. "It's nice to meet you Nolan," she smiled. "I promise I don't usually trip people in order to meet them." Amara could feel her cheeks heating up as a wave of embarrassment returned.

"Um, your accent," she blurted out. "It's, uh, different. Different from what I've heard around here, I mean. Are you from New Zealand?" Suddenly remembering why he'd been distracted, Amara looked up and down the street. "I think I saw a music shop down that way," she pointed down the road. "Does that mean you play an instrument?" While she loved music, she'd never tried playing an instrument, preferring to sing and dance instead.

Nolan waves a little when Amara mentions that it was nice to meet him. The boy hadn't really met many people around Obsidian Harbour, only meeting Eugene where they played their instruments for a bit, which he still quite enjoyed and had fun. Nolan's eyes go slightly wide when the girl mentions about his accent. Not many people he had met, had mentioned about his accent, so this had put him off guard for a little bit. "Nah, I'm from Ireland! Though my youngest sibling was born here though" Nolan says with a small laugh. Even though he had been living in New Zealand for most of his like, New Zealand had still been quite different and new to him.

"Oh yeah, I play many different instruments! Bass guitar and guitar, just to name a few!" Nolan replies to the girl excitedly. He loved talking about music and instruments. Basically, anything that had related to music, Nolan loved. He had a special love for that topic, and could probably go on and on about it if we wanted to.

"Oh, that's awesome!" Amara's eyes lit up when Nolan mentioned being from Ireland. "I just moved here from England, if you couldn't tell from the accent. It's nice meeting some from home. Er, or close to it." She hadn't really expected to meet anyone from the UK (or Europe, for that matter) once moving to New Zealand, so it was nice having little reminders of home.

Seeing Nolan's excitement at talking about playing the guitar, Amara wished she'd learned to play something. Her mother had stuck her in dance instead, which she honestly didn't mind. She'd grown up in that small little Muggle ballet studio not far from their home back in England. She even got to be Clara in last year's performance of The Nutcracker, which had been her goal ever since she learned of the part.

"Just to name a few? How many instruments do you play exactly?" Amara chuckled. "I wish I'd learned how to play an instrument. I do still love music, though. I dance." She straightened her spine, shoulders pulled back, as she grinned with pride. "Would you like some company? I wouldn't mind checking out the music shop - see what kinds of instruments they sell."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back