God bless the broken road

Corvin Blackwood

OOC First Name
Brandon
Wand
10" Rowan with Pheonix feather core
Corvin perched himself on his hide away window with his worn down guitar tucked against his bare chest as he rain drummed softly against his window pane. His fingers spidered acrossed the old metal strings as his soft voice sand a song of loved lost and found again, the sad melody echo through his apartment like a warm summer breeze ot a fading memory. He laid his shavened head against the cool wall behind him as his beautiful eye were closed as if he was dreaming about some far of place or idea. The day was a lazy day and he was enjoying the silence.

His mind however refused to remain calm or quiet as it kept running back to the image of the charming artist that he had met only a few nights ago. The charming smile and beautiful eyes had huanted his dream since they parted ways with a promise to remain in touch and meet soon. Corvin smiled as he belted out a note so glorious that his momma would have said angels wouldbe crying somewhere, she loved to hear him play and would stand in the doorway of his room and listen for hours. She was his biggest fan and he loved her more than any other person in his life well almost. Corvin finished his sweet song and simply began another as he debated on whathe should do for the rest of the day.

He wanted to call Aran but he did not want to be one of those guys who called all the time as they urgently wished to be clingy. Corvin had not called or heard from Aran in almost three days but he was not worried for if the man wanted him bad enough he knew where he stayed and also had his number. Corvin did not want to get his hopes up for someone that he had just met because it would make rejection all that harder. Aran was a great guy and had promise to always be there and Corvin believed him, but that did not stop him from being scared that the man would meet someone else or never show up again. So Corvin simply decided to wait as his black cat found him and curled up in his lap as it watched the raindrops run down the glass like little mice.

Aran was an idiot, a complete, total, idiot. He had meant to call the other the very day after they had met. And yet, there he was three days later dancing around the house in a button down shirt and his boxers. Why? Simply put, he had thought of nothing better to do. As stated previously, idiot. It was only when he saw the slip of torn napkin with Corvin's number written across it that Aran's memory kicked back in. "Cabron..." He muttered and took the paper, walking to the nearest phone.

Now due to the poor boys shaking fingertips, it took him about five tries just to get the right number. His head flooded with the simplest of questions. 'Does he still like me?' 'Is the number wrong?' 'What if he changed his mind?' Even though he had no real reasons, Aran was frozen with fear. The receiver beeped two times before he hung up. He couldn't do it. The man stood, not moving in the slightest. No matter who it was, it took him at least three times to at least get the courage to say hello. And as much as he wanted to talk to the man who made his stomach do flips and back-handsprings, his hand just would slam down the phone every try. Now it was his seventh. With shaking palms and buckling knees, Aran listened in for his angel's voice.

Corvin heard his phone ringing but had no desire to get up and so he pulled his wand from the neck of his guitar as if he was a warrior drawing a hidden blade and with little effort he spoke the magical words as if they were everyday words in a strong booming voic "Accio phone!". The mechanical device flew threw his darken apartment and with a simple flick of his hand he caugth it without even looking up. He was skilled with charms more than any other type of magic , so much so he received top marks in the course. However that was neither here nor there as he answered the phone in a rugged manly tone. "Hello Corvin here?"

Corvin sat there for a few minutes as he listened to the nervous breathing on the other end of the phone which caused Corvin to roll his eyes as he began to loose his temper. "Listen if you are some weirdo than trust me I have a huge boyfriend in the other room and if you do not say something I will have him kick your butt, Hey Aran baby there is some creeper on the phone!" Corvin said as he pulled the mans name out of his thoughts as if the guy was already his boyfriend. Corvin waited to see if the guy on the other end would say something at all, maybe he would call Aran afterwards to come and sit with him just incase.

Now hearing his voice, not to mention the tibit about his big boyfriend with the same name as him, Aran let out a loud laugh that echoed the whole studio. "Aran huh? Tall, broad shoulders? Has a birthmark on his neck that he tried to pass off as a hicky in school?" He hoped that from that it was clear that it was in fact this 'boyfriend' on the phone. All the meanwhile he was pacing back to his room, plopping down onto his bed. The sound of his voice just sent him back to that dark, foggy club which they had met. His confidence was steadily growing. But he wasn't still one hundred percent eager.

"Sorry about my phone, it's horrible... Always bugging out on me." The cielings were decorated with collages of family and friends photos. There was also a small mark, poorly covered, from when he had tried to catch a ball and it just made a hole. Though Aran had patched it up, there was still a discolored patch. "But um... It's nice to talk to you Corvin!" The man on the other line would have a nickname soon enough. It was just a matter of time. After all, everyone close to Aran did have a nickname. It was a sign that he really did like you.

Corvin blushed when he heard that the man on the other end was in fact his 'boyfriend' the man seemed to have a good sense of humor and when he describe himself over the phone Corvin smiled as an image popped into his mind. Corvin continued to strumm away on his guitar as he spoke with a smile " Yes and you forgot rippling muscles and sexy eyes that makes you feel as if I am swimming in amazing!". Corvin shifted the phone from one ear to the other as the man apologized for a crappy phone.

"What do you want my picaso? You know. You could have came over if you wanted to see me again?" Corvin joked as his cat yawn and stretched before wandering off. Corvin had no plans today and sort of wished the man was with him instead on the other end of his phone though he would probably have to get dressed and at least make the bed. Corvin played a soft lullaby as he listened to sweet voice on the other end of the line.

"Rippling muscles." Aran chuckled and smiled to himself, "I was unaware that I made you feel as if you were swimming in awesome. Thanks babe." He bit his lip, wondering if he would mind the nickname. It was (again) one of the things that you either loved very dearly or hated with a passion. But now that he thought about it, Aran himself was like that. Either people loved him to death or they couldn't stand to be in the same room as him. None the less it seemed he was in Corvin's good graces.

He smiled to be called a picaso, even more once Corvin made a joke. "You could come see me too.. If you wanted." Aran, even in his state, could clean fairly quick. Plus all he had to do was tug on a pair of pants. He heard the lullaby, "That's beautiful Corvin..." It was then that he walked into his own studio, staring at the newest piece of artwork. He had tried to make something abstract, but it didn't seem to work well.

Corvin smiled at the word 'Babe' as he that he enjoyed the pet name though he did not like to admitt it as it made it all that much more complicated in there new blossoming relationship. Aran had slowly began to invade Corvin thoughts and it would not be long before the man made a home in his heart, this caused Corvin to worry but there was nothing he could to stop it now that it had began and so it seemed he was forced to ride this one out with only his hopes to keep him afloat and sane. Corvin smiled as he place his wand in his guitar and grabbed a oversized shirt he used to sleep in and threw on a pair of slippers and closed his eyes. The familiar tightness folded around him and then with a slight pop he was gone from his apartment and appeared with a pop in Arans studio though he was glad that the man had very little if any magical wards on the place.

Corvin was in all places the bedroom as it was the only place he could think of which caused him to blush a slight red hue as he smack himself with the palm of his hand as his mind was not on the clean wholesome side at the moment. He smiled though as he looked about at all the pictures and found that Aran must be in a different room in the apartment and so Corvin did what he did best as he hung up the phone and sat down with his guitar and began to play the soft lullaby that his mom used to sing him before he went to bed each night. He did not cry this time though as he sang from a place of happiness and not sadness as his words told the story of heartache and hope for a brighter day. It was his theme song for his relationship with Aran ... bless the broken road.

Corvin smiled as he simply lost himself in the music and forgot where he was at or what he was doing because when he played he left no room for anything else as he gave everything he had to his craft. As his words ended he laided his scruffy face on the smooth wood surface as he was happy with the outcome of the song. He kept his eyes close but he could feel Aran nearby, he seemed to always listen to what he sang and never interrupted with cheesy remarks or lewd sounds like his other flames. Corvin did not want to open his eyes because he knew he would blush and so he squinted as he wrinkled his nose in happy childish way before laughing slightly and opening them all the way to see something worth fighting for in all its glory... Aran. Well the man was also not dressed all the way which was a slight perk to surprising someone.

Aran smiled and ran his hands across the canvas, a bit confused as to why there was a silence. Imagine how he felt when he heard someone in the apartment besides himself. Though his body eased when he heard the unmistakable sound of Corvin's voice. He shut off the phone and picked up a paint brush, making a few gentle strokes of light pink. That was how he was feeling after all. Every artist went through stages. The first that came to mind was Picaso, that man went through blue and pink periods! Aran was no different. Well, that's what his pride told him. He heard the song grow louder and louder, his happiness growing with the volume.

As Crovin appeared, it didn't even occur to Aran that he was half nude. He ran to him and placed the guitar aside, scooping him up and hugging him tight. "Corvin!" The man cried, suddenly full of energy and joy. Not to mention that the other man looked absolutely adorable in that oversized shirt. Aran carried him out of the room and into the living room. It was not what you would expect of a single male, well, hopefully not single for much longer. There was no trash, and all the furniture matched with the walls and the floor. Not to mention that the furniture itself was lavish. It was the nice part of having rich friends. They would give him pity gifts, like a room's worth of furniture. Aran sat them down, smiling from ear to ear. "You know, you could've warned me that you were coming over. I would've worn pants."

Corvin had never been greeted in such a warm and energetic way in his life and so when Aran wrapped his strong arms around him it took everything Corvin had not sigh like a love struck school girl but it felt to good to be held in such a way that he ended up sighing anyway. Corvin was smiling as a kid in a candystore as Aran brought him out off the bedroom though he had found the bed to be soft and welcoming as it simply fit his lazy day mood. Corvin sat down on the couch none the less as he leaned against Aran hoping the man would not mind too much as he kick out of his shoes.

"It was suppose to be a surprise so if I told you it would have ruined it and as you can see I am not dressed to impress." Corvin laughed as his shirt hanged off his right shoulder slightly showing off his smooth and slightly freckled skin. Corvin took the time to look around the room and admired the mans sense of taste and style, though it was to be expected from an artist such as Aran. Corvins place was far more simply and bare but he liked it that way as he enjoyed the sound his apartment when he played. Corvin nestled slightly as he looked up at Aran and blushed slightly as he was in aww by the mans good looks as it was the first time he seen him in a well lit place. " So what are you doin?" Corvin asked as he looked away quickly.

Aran kept his arms firmly around the other, loving the close contact. This man, if made into an object, would surely be a teddy bear. This only made him happier, after all the guy he liked was in his house, on his couch, leaning on him and letting Aran hold him. It was just too perfect. "Accio T.V. remote." He grinned and flipped on a random channel. The volume was still low enough for conversation. The TV was just on in case they hit an awkward patch. With that Aran let out a small yawn, cuddling him. "How did you sleep? How were you?" There were many questions on his mind, those were just two.

"It's cute!" He let out a laugh. Really he was trying not to stare at the exposed skin. After all he didn't want to seem in the wrong mind. He knew how he would react if a man was staring at him like that. Though it seemed like the other was intimidated, or just didn't want to talk much. "I was just relaxing and painting.. What were you doing?" Aran swayed, examining the other's features carefully. He couldn't point out just one thing he loved about Corvin. It seemed that every part of his face complimented another. Everything was in proportion. Heck, usually Aran didn't like stubble, but Corvin pulled it off. Everything about him made Aran just want to smile.

To those who knew of Corvins past all could attest that he was a splitting image of his all too angelic mother, though it was a sad thing to talk about around the man. Corvin got his shy and bashful attitude and his innocence from his mother the most as she was a humble but good hearted woman with a heart of gold. Though when Corvin was young his mother died of heart complications as the doctors told him that his mothers heart was too big for her fragil frame and simply overworked itself and shut down. It was something that Corvin still had a hard time dealing with and it was this reason why he acted the way he did with such sweetness and innocence. As the tv cam on a familiar cartoon appeared which caused him to laugh like a little kid on Saturday morning. He allowed the man to look and touch as he please as he had let his shields down for the moment.

Corvin turned his head slightly as Arans deep voice pulled him back into the converstaion, "It was a rainy day and so I was at my place doing what I do best, singing and playing my guitar. I slept okay for the little sleep I got though I am a light sleeper and rarely sleep through the night ever anymore. As for how I am, I am fine now that I am here with ...you." The last word came out slow and as a whisper as he realized that he was not thinking about what he was saying before he spoke which caused him to blurt out his true thoughts foolishly. Corvin hated how muchhe blushed around Aran but he was often times embarrassed by his fowardness with the man after one night. Corvin would have moved but he was tooo comfortable to be selfless now so he simple looked at the tv once again as his mind raced around trying to see how Aran would react.

"I'm better now that you're with me too." Aran smiled even more. His laugh broke the silent air around the pair easily. It was as if you were cutting a softened piece of butter with a sharp knife. Then his blue-green eyes shifted to the cartoons as well. These drawn characters always used to give him some form of solace. After all, everything would stay the same with every episode. Bugs Bunny would never get killed, Road Runner would never get caught by the coyote. It gave the child version of himself security in the unstable world in which he lived. And now, more than ever, he needed security. With increasing pressure from his best friend and the awkward situation with his friend Lucy, well, there wasn't much stability for him at all.

Though the comfort of someone who understood how he was feeling was nice. Even if Aran hadn't told Corvin everything, and he would probably never tell him everything, he felt as if he could open up to him as much as his body would mentally allow him. "So... Boring day at home then? You didn't have work or something?" His eyes scanned the room slowly, seeing a picture of his mother and father and trying not to scowl. Instead he just gave the other a loving but firm squeeze.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the cruddy/late response. :doh: I'm sick.

"No I did not have to go anywhere today though I will have travel a little next week as I have a player to meet up with and renegotiate a contract, and I am not sure if I told you but I work for the Ministry as a quidditch official. It is my day off and I would not call it boring but rather eventful now that I am not alone." Corvin said as he turned around and sat up on Arans lap and nestled into the mans neck, "So what where you painting before I showed?" Corvin asked as he kissed softly as he placed hishand on the mans chest. Corvin did not know much about Arans career or hobby and would like to show interested as the man had shown a great interest in his singing and music. Though sitting on his lap was rather foward even for him , though he hated the fact that he had so many failed relationship that he was even comfortable at all with sitting on someones lap as he was but that was life and so he wished to be up front from the front and not hold anything from the relationship.

Corvin enjoyed the closeness of Aran and felt like a little kid in the mans arm, the strong musky scent of the mans cologne mixed with the smell of paint was appealing and hard to resist. Corvin hummed a sweet tune as he always had music on his mind, he ran a hand across the mans morning scruff as he found the man an image of masculinity and was so lucky that Aran liked him. Corvin lost himself in his thoughts as he waited for the man to respond to his pressence or his questions.

"You work for the ministry?" Aran smiled softly, though in truth he wasn't too fond of the ministry in itself. "And for quidditch? My sister would love to talk to you then.. And where are you off to?" Travel was one of the man's only interests. Those closest to him would say that he was a true Spanish gypsy. The artist very rarely stayed in the same place, moving whenever he had the funds to do so. As of right now he was trying to save up for a new apartment in New Zealand or Australia. That way he was closer to his family and old friends. Not to mention he could meet some new associates. As Corvin sat in his lap and nuzzled him, Aran turned a slight shade of pink which grew to the shade of a stop sign or tomato. "O-Oh u-um... I was working, well, trying to make something abstract. But I don't think it's working out too well." He gave a chuckle and gave him a chaste peck on the cheek. "You know, things that artists do."

Aran smiled at the touch and played with the other's hair, happily listening to his voice. "You look deep in thought, babe." That made him fret slightly, yet he wasn't too concerned. After all that happened to everyone at some point or another. "Is something on your mind?" No, he didn't expect Corvin to actually tell him about what he was thinking. Though it was always polite to ask and sometimes people did actually tell him. But more often than not they would just say 'Nothing.' and shrug it off fairly easily.

Corvin frowned slightly as the man started out so confident but soon began to stumble on his words which made Corvin realize that the man was half dressed and without pants and there closeness was far from approperiate and to quickly remedy the situation Corvin stood and stretched slightly as he wonder around the room taking in all the sights around him as he tried to piece together the sweet artist that had found away into his life. "I work for the ministry and have been since I moved to the area and like I said I sign new players up and due to the teams not to close location I am forced to travel, I will be off to japan to talk to a promising young woman who has a chance of landing a starting spot on one of the local teams. If your sister is interested then tellher to swing by my office and if she is good on the field I will work to get her on a team." Corvin started as he talked about work with little enthusasim though it was due to people constantly trying to mingle themselves on to a team or a loved one but Covin believed if they can bring skills to a team than the earn a spot through hard work and dedication. He did not think Aran was pushing his sister off on him in hopes of landing her a spot but it was hard to let all the walls down and to allow himself to relax but in time he will very well be able to do so with Aran if he stayed.

Corvin listened to the man speak about his painting which sparked his curosity as he wonder if he could sneak off and take a look without Aran realizing what he was doing. It would wait for now as he was sure that he would be able to find away to sneak of soon as he turned and smilrked at the man on the couch before contining his slow inspection of the mans home with new found vigor and pep. "I am always thinking and it often times get me in trouble as I tune the rest of the world out while I go off and ponder things in the safety of my mind. However if you want to know than I can share but you are not allow to laugh... I was thinking mostly about you and how beautiful you are!" Corvin said as he laughed nervously and shoveled his feet like a little kid would do when he was talking about something embarrassing. Corvin did not move anymore and simply stood where he was and kept his eyes casted down ward as he could not find the strength to lift his eyes to look at the man.

Aran frowned softly and let him leave his lap, though half of him wanted the other to just stay there. He shifted upwards to observe Corvin's movements. "Japan? I've never gone there. It's on my list though!" When the agent talked about employing his sister, though, Aran let out a booming laugh. It was actually very interesting to see that that was his first conclusion of the comment. He understood why the man would think that way, but it was still interesting. "Corvin, my sister is eleven years old... I hardly think she could survive the training for a professional team. Thanks for the offer though." Aran was now afraid that this would be a little awkward for the other. After all, it would seem awkward to correct someone so poorly. And even moreso, the man could have informed him in a kinder way. Though his mind just didn't ever think that way. "But I was thinking of buying a new home in Sicily, maybe Madrid or Ireland.." His soft accent poked out with each location. The Spanish mixed with Irish, making a unique blend that only Aran had (at least to his knowledge.) His half siblings on the other hand were Irish and were born and raised as such.

The man stood from the couch and walked to his visitor, turning pink as the thoughts were revealed. He grinned down at him, taking his hands in his own and kissing them, "The most beautiful thing in this room is you, silly." Then Aran tilted Corvin's chin upwards and kissed him very softly and quickly, pulling away like a nervous preteen. It always seemed that this happened. No matter how much courage that he built up, it would simmer away with every inch closer to the singer he got. In honesty he also didn't want to intimidate Corvin. Some people just didn't like being touched or kissed, maybe it was the same way with Corvin as well. The fact that he got so nervous so easily was also a nice point. It showed that maybe he did have legitimate feelings for Aran. "Well, I want to show you something okay?" With that he took the other's hand and led him to his studio. Aran never showed anyone his workplace.

Corvin flinched at the mans harsh words as he relaized that the man must have been offended by his answer to the questions aimed at his career. Corvin meant no offense and did not know what he was suppose to due now as the room became stuff with akwardness that was almost to much to handle as Corvin frowned slightly and his shoulder slumped slightly more. "I am sorry I did not mean to upset you!" Corvin said in a tone slightly louder than a whisper right before than man approached and raised his chin slightly and kissed him softly.

Corvin however did not let the man distract him from the fact that he had thought of moving which would mean that they would not see each other as much was almost as devastating as breaking up as the time difference would make it hard to find time for them time but corvin simply smiled a painful smile as he was soon pulled from the room.Not before Aran told him that he was the most beautiful thing in the room which made hims flush a shade of pink and caused him to have to look away to hide his tears. He did not deserve someone as sweet and as kind as Aran however he was not so foolish as to let him go so carelessly because he did not care that he did not deserve the man he had him and that was all that counted.

"You could never upset me." Aran shook his head and smiled again before planting another kiss on his lips. Then his hand ran over a blank canvas and his mind ran rampant with ideas. "Hn." He never was one for ideas. Things just came to him naturally. In he had a craving to just splatter things, then he would. If he had a craving to make a portrait, he would! No one could ever tell him exactly what to do. Well, that is unless they had cash. Even then he wouldn't listen completely.

He sensed the man's feelings and frowned. "Ah... I should've asked your opinion..." Aran took out his newest project and set it on the easel, facing the other man again. "What would you think? Is it too far away? Maybe I could just move to Wales again... If not then maybe you can just stay over when you have time off from work, or vise versa.." Now he was rambling. This was yet another of his bad habits. Aran didn't even want to hint at the idea of them sharing a home, it was much much much too soon for that. The artist never did think things through.. That (if anything) would be his downfall.

Corvin frowned as the man jumped around from one topic to another as he seemed to have confused him slightly, "Uhmm... the painting is well wonderful as always, but as for Wales and moving you are a grown up and you owe me nothing at all as we are not married or anything!" Corvin said as he looked the man in the eye. Maybe it was time for him to go as it seemed like a bad idea to surprise the man since the room and thier conversation has became akward adn uncomfortable. Corvin took a deep breath as he padded out of the room with both hands on his forhead as he began to talk to himself, " It was a bad idea for me to come over we should have not gotten together today so soon after the other night at the Sixes. I am so sorry!" Corvin said as he padded his way into the bedroom and picked up his guitar as he fumbled to pull out his wand to leave.

"Corvin!" Aran frowned and followed the man out of the room. He didn't want the man to leave and that much he hoped was clear. In one swift movement he took the man's wand arm into his hand and twirled the other around. He truly, deeply, didn't want him to leave. After all Corvin had just become much too important to him. Although he just didn't have the courage to say so. Instead he just kissed him deeply, placing his hand on the other's cheek and trying to convey the emotion that as best he could. Probably, he didn't show all of it but hopefully it would be enough for him to stay. After a while he broke the kiss, biting his lip. "I... I don't want you to leave yet... It's nice to have you around and I'm sorry if I said something or I did something that made you want to leave.."

Corvin sighed slightly as Aran walked in and grabbed his wand arm and spun him around, the man had a longing look in his eyes and it was killing him as he was not wanting to hurt Aran. So he watched as the man pleaded for him to stay which was all most to much to handle as he fought back tears when Aran kissed him. " I will stay but I want you too make the right choices for and not for us because I don't want to be the one to hold you back ever!" Corvin said as he hugged the man tightly as he smiled hoping the guy would not argue with him on the subject.

"You wouldn't hold me back." Aran smiled softly and played with the other's hair. "Everything happens for a reason and I want this to last for a long time so I sort of want to make some decisions with your help.." He wasn't saying this to be argumentative, just to make his motives clear. After all he wanted their relationship to last a while, so Corvin's thoughts would have to be in consideration a lot. "Do you want to do anything specific?" The Spanish man smiled from ear to ear and held him tight, swaying softly to relax both of them. "Maybe eat something? Go somewhere? Name something and we'll do it."

Covin hugged Aran tightly as he was overwhelmed by pure emotion as the man had confessed that he want Corvin and him to actually work for a long time and that his word meant something to Aran. Corvin was falling hard for the man as he was becoming far to hard to resist and say no to as Corvinkissed theman softly on the neck as he hummed a sweet little melody, in between each kiss he managed to get a single word out "Maybe... we...can... stay...in...and...find..something...to...do." Corvin said as he backed up toward the bed pulling the man with him.

Aran laughed and stopped him, though honestly he didn't want to stop at all. "Mmm, see I would, I really would, but I only do that sort of thing with my boyfriend." He paused, teasing him for a moment, fake thinking. "Now, there must be a way for you to help me solve that problem.. I don't have a boyfriend at the moment, but I want a certain man to be mine quite badly." The man sat on his bed and grinned at his visitor, "Are you getting the hints I'm dropping or... will I have to beg you?" He would if he had to, after all Corvin seemed worth it. Yet he really hoped the other would take the hint. After all pride was at stake here!

Corvin face went to playful to a look of shock as Aran in his own way asked Corvin to make there relationship official which was big in Corvins world. They had just met and in breaks in the clouds Corvin showed such affection towards the man that if a outsider would guess they would say that they looked like they were in love,but he was still worried about what the future held and his own emotions getting the better of him that it was so hard for him to just give a simple answer. Corvin was unsure if he was ready to be with Aran in such a way even though he so easily could play coy with him like they were but he only meant it in a playful mood.

Then the panic kicked in as he grabbed his guitar and with a sad smile he dissaperated without so much of a goodbye...he had to get away to clear his head before he took the plunge into the unknown.

[Exit Corvin]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back