Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight?
Open after Steph posts as Bada

Tyler had started this year with some new priorities in mind. He no longer had Blake to hide behind, and while it made him a little sad to lose a friend, he also knew that it was now time for Tyler to grow into his own. He had a reputation to uphold, and if he wanted to equal or even surpass Blake, he had to do better. He had been silly, mooning after Sierra. Blake had been misguided about many things, but he had been right about one thing, being seen with girls and taking them to dances was one way to get a better reputation. Tyler had been hurt by Sierra and Blake, and didn't think it was likely that he would like another girl anytime soon. But as a fifth year, he couldn't really go to events by himself.

It wasn't just Tyler who had a reputation to uphold. He was heading to the great hall for lunch, when the glint of the jewels in the hourglasses made him pause in his tracks. His gaze moved to the green emerals, thinking ruefully about how Slytherin hadn't won the house cup in a long time. Not once in Tyler's time at Hogwarts. It was rather shameful. He hoped that this year, his house could do better. And not just in Quidditch. He knew many of his housemates patted themselves on the back because they had won the Quidditch cup a few years in a row, as if that mattered. Quidditch was overrated, in Tyler's opinion. He wanted real glory for his house, not a shiny cup because a few people were decent at throwing a ball around in the air.

Bada was always a simple person, very tidy and neat but always having a secret desire to impress her parents. Cullen had done well in school before her and she knew she had to rise up and do the same in terms of grads and classes. She had her own profession in mind, not very very keen on Astronomy like her older brother. Classes were steadily getting harder each year and the amount of things Bada did outside of classes dropped as her focus was on her grades. She'd been happy to make a new friend last year at the beginning of the year who shared her desire to do well in school. But Bada still hadn't spent much time talking with her classmates and making more friends and she did feel rather lonely.

That was what was exactly on her mind as Bada walked through the Entrance Hall and saw Tyler looking up at the hourglasses. She hadn't spoken to him directly in a long time. He shared a similar background to her but not all of it, he couldn't speak Korean but she was glad to know he understood it. Her English had improved greatly since first year as well but she always loved being able to speak in her native tongue. "Hello Tyler-sunbae,"she greeted Tyler with the honorific for someone who is more senior than herself. He wasn't someone she talked to enough to consider a close friend, and true she didn't know if he was older or had better grades but she thought he'd be the type to enjoy being more senior. "Gryffindors did well last year," she said in English looking at the zeroed out tally board of classes having not begun yet and no house points given out.

Tyler was contemplating ways to receive more house points, what sort of things the professors would appreciate. He didn't want to do anything that took too much effort, or try too hard in classes as he didn't want that sort of reputation. He didn't want to seem like the sort of person who tried too hard in lessons, or tried too hard to impress adults. But it certainly would be nice to see the hall decorated with Slytherin banners at the end of the year. If only some of his house mates tried harder, but people like Jasper ruined it for the rest of them. Tyler was pulled out of his thoughts when Bada approached him, greeting him with a somewhat surprising Korean honorific. He smiled a little, looking away from the hourglasses to pay attention to the girl. "Hey, Bada." They hadn't talked much over the years, but he was aware of her and thought she was one of the only acceptable girls in Hufflepuff. She was a bit dull, but pretty too. She did well in lessons as far as he remembered. "They did, somehow." He said, not disguising his distaste for Gryffindor. Even now, he was reminded of Sierra. It no longer made his heart flutter, it just made him feel angry. But he pushed it down. "I hope Slytherin will do better next year, though Hufflepuff needs to step it up too." He said, his voice taking on a slight teasing note. "I couldn't believe you guys finished last. I thought you were the hard workers." He told her. "Though with what I see of you in lessons, it wasn't because of you. You seem to work pretty hard in classes." He commented.

Bada was quite happy that Tyler didn't seem put off by her talking to him. She always feared she'd be interrupting some thought or be a bother to people. She smiled at his response and listened to his complaint about the Gryffindor house. She wasn't quite sure other than normal house rivalry if anything caused his tone and disgruntled seeming attitude. She frowned at his mention of Hufflepuff needing to do better. She couldn't help but agree and now wearing the Prefect badge on her uniform made her feel as though more of that burden in the house points would rest on her. She half wondered if someone in the house had done something quite bad last year and lost them points, as she hadn't been paying close attention to the race. Who got the trophy at the end of the year never really bothered her much, though now she knew she'd need to step up her game and earn more house points. Showing others the various ways she might get their house more. She couldn't help but blush a little at being noticed in classes by Tyler. "I always try my best," she said simply, trying to not feel too proud in herself for doing so well. Her grades had been rather good last year, though she was nervous for this year and the OWL exams. She had to admit she hadn't seen much of Tyler speaking and taking part in class, but mostly do to herself being so focused on classes and grades wanting to do well so her parents might see her succeed. "You're in one of the clubs aren't you?" Bada asked remembering seeing his picture in the yearbook but not remembering quite what club or activity it was for.

Tyler nodded. "Clearly." He told her as she said she always tried her best. She was pretty much the hardworking stereotype of Hufflepuff, as far as he could tell. "Guess this year will be tough for anyone, though." He said, as even someone like Bada would likely struggle int he OWL year. It was then that he noticed the badge on her robes, and he raised his eyebrows a little. Bada was so quiet, she wasn't entirely the prefect type in his head. But then again, it was definitely better than Lily or Lauren. And as they had just discussed, she was a good student. "I see congratulations are in order." Tyler said with a slight smile. It had surprised him that none of the boys in his year had been picked, when he hadn't gotten the badge he'd expected it to go to Blake, though he was pleasantly surprised that it hadn't. But Styx picking an older student instead made him suspect the man simply picked a pureblood when he could. He nodded at her question. "I'm in two clubs." He said. "The Brotherhood, and SDA." He smiled a little. "I won the dueling tournament last year." He admitted with some pride. "The year before that as wel." It was one thing he was pretty good at.

Bada sometimes couldn't tell if others liked her very much or not. She knew she wasn't very good at conversations, she mostly blamed it on English being her second language. She believed herself to be able to express herself much better in Korean. But after the last time she had attempted to speak Korean to Tyler didn't pan out very well, and it being years ago she thought he might have forgotten some of the language if he hadn't kept practice listening to it. She hoped his family spoke it at home so he could listen then and not forget the meanings and such. But she understood that English was a very good language to know and having grown up using it more than she had he had an advantage on her, or at least that was what she assumed. The teen glanced down at the new badge on her robes with a slight smile and nod to the Slytherin. "I was surprised, I didn't think Professor Carter even knew who I was," she said thinking to any house meetings they had had and her quiet demeanor. Surely one of her roommates would have been a better fit, especially when it came to leading first years and talking to them. It did impress her that he'd won the dueling two years in a row. For a younger student that seemed very skilled of him. It made her wish that the exams weren't always just on paper, then students who excelled in the actual magic could do better in classes. "Ahh, sunbae! That's awesome! And I'm planning on going Heta Omega this year, I never really gave clubs much thought before. But I think I should allow myself some fun while I'm at school," she replied excitedly hearing about he wins, her demeanor calming as she talked about her own ideas for clubs.

Tyler tried not to show that it bothered him a bit that he didn't have a prefect's badge, instead focusing on her for now. He smiled. "Clearly he knows who you are." He said with a shrug. "And I think there were definitely worse people to choose." He added with a shrug, thinking of Lily and Lauren. Both were awful int heir own was, and apparently Professor Carter had seen that too. "Do you think you'll take any points?" He asked, though he couldn't really imagine Bada doing such a thing. He smiled a little proudly when Bada seemed impressed by him winning the dueling tournament for their year."Oh, I guess Heta Omega is cool. It's a bit like the Brotherhood I think." He said, though he'd never paid the club much mind. "Last year both clubs had a party together. Maybe they'll do something like that again." He said, though he hadn't been too impressed with the Brotherhood president so far, but it had been kind of fun until some girl had annoyed him. "Have you ever considered dueling?" He asked, though he could guess her answer. She didn't seem like the type, at all.

Bada smiled at the Slytherin boy, clearly was right. Her head of house had been paying attention, she thought maybe someone else in her year would have been better for her position. But finally she had managed to do something that out did her older brother, her parents were certainly proud of her. That was one of the most important things for YeongBada, to gain the praise from her father and mother. "Points, well if they are misbehaving for sure, but I think I can only take from Hufflepuff," she said her eyebrows pursing as she thought about. She wished she could grant point to any house in case she saw some awesome actions done by a Gryffindor to a fellow classmate and she could give that person 5 points for their house. "Oh did they really? That sounds like fun, though it could be quite the distraction I think as well depending when an extra party is," the girl stating having to cut her rants about parties short realizing she wasn't going to sound like much fun. "Oh dueling, I haven't, I'm good with the knowledge and doing spells in class but in combat I'm not sure how well I'd really perform," she said shrugging her shoulders. She wouldn't mind but she knew prepping for the dueling tournament would be much more work on top of her owls this year. "Maybe for sixth year, might be a bit much to try out this year, you know?"

Tyler nodded as Bada said she would only take points if someone misbehaved, though he doubted he would have been as generous if he had been made a prefect. He briefly wondered if that was the reason why he wasn't, but no. There was no way Professor Styx knew him well enough for that, he had never gotten into any trouble. "Surely there's Hufflepuffs who misbehave sometimes." He said with a slight shrug. "Or are you all always good and well behaved?" He asked, smiling a bit. He wasn't too surprised when Bada mentioned a party being a distraction, and he smiled at her. "Well, I suppose so. But someone as smart as you can definitely stand to take a break sometimes." He told her. He nodded when she mentioned that she might sign up next year, deciding to pretend to be a gentleman about it all. He was guessing she would like that. "Well, I would like seeing you in the SDA, but I also would have to beat you in a duel." He told her. "I'm not sure if that would be any fun for me." He said, hoping she wouldn't take offense. He had meant it nicely, but who knew how girls' brains worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back