Glance to Glance

Milena La Fleur

OOC First Name
Mintzy
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
She was finally free.

Milena was anxious to get outside for some fresh air, and when her quill arked the final line of her poem, she nearly leapt for the castle doors.The usual grounds were quite populated; the courtyards, lawn, gardens, and even the Lake were heavily occupied by other students enjoying the day outside. Milena sought out the only other place she knew of that could be empty: the Quidditch Pitch. Quidditch season hadn't yet began,and practices had not taken up the field.Thinking it over, Milena couldn't remember the last time she had gone for a flight. She tended to stay near from Quidditch.

Today, Milena thought, is a good day to fly.

Scurrying off to the Slytherin dorms in search of her broom, she discovered that the time it had spent tucked away was quite evident. A fine layer of dust had settled on the handle, and small stringy cobwebs had weaved over the straw. It was an older broom, though had been a top-of-the-line model when it was first purchased, and was still a speedy performer. More importantly, it was comfortable for her, and speed was exactly a top priority for her anyway. Being the teams seeker and all, it was a challenge of speed.
After giving it a nice clean-up, Milena trotted back down and outside to the grounds, making her way to the Pitch. She took a deep, relaxing breath as she stepped through the gates and moved out on to the field and up on the air.

Today was proving to be an uneventful day for Dante. He had been over most of the castle, mainly looking for Hayley, but most of all trying to find something to do. It seemed that nothing was going to present itself to him, he decided it was a good day to practise his flying skills. After grabbing his Silver Arrow from his closet, he walked down through the grounds to the pitch.

After changing into his Quidditch Robes in the changerooms, he walked out onto the pitch, snitch locked away in his pocket, and mounted his broom. It wasnt until he was in the air that he noticed that he wasnt alone. He watched the girl, knowing who she was instantly. Milena La Fluer. He had met her during his attempt to gain control of the Darl Elite, and had heard she had taken the position instead of him. He ignored her presence as he made his lap around the oval, lightning fast and agile on his broom. He was the new contender for the Seeker position this year, and knew Milena was the one he was to take it from.

OOCOut of Character:
Why are you always competing with Milena??? :doh:

The air was soothing her nerves, as she started to fly faster and higher. Milena's mother promised her to buy a new broom, or maybe she'll just send some money to her. The last time she saw her mother was during her trip back home, when she was still in second year. Beauxbaton's was much nearer but it wasn't her choice anyway. Milena finally enjoyed her stayed in Hogwarts, even though she was still friendless than before. Quidditch was her way of escape from the real world, it made her liberating from one point. From what she heard, she'll get the position once again for seeker next year. Nobody would ever take that away from her, it was Zen.

How she missed the weather back in France, the way the air made her feel and most especially her family. As for her father, she finally knew the truth about him. Being a death eater and leaving her and her mother was just a devastating news. Still, she didn't wanted to waste her time with crying and stuff. Milena's heart was cold and now was numb. As she was too busy thinking, she noticed Dante was watching her. She looked at him blankly, feeling uninterested. She knew very well that he hated her, but for Milena she felt nothing....nothing at all even hatred.

OOCOut of Character:
Believe it or not, i didnt know Milena was Seeker until i read your post. I had been planning to try Dante out for Seeker anyways. Oh well, i guess they are destined to be rivals.

Dante felt amazing as me made his lap, the wind slashing past him as he spiraled through the air, loving every minute of this. Quidditch was one of his favourite hobbies, and he couldnt imagine a world without it. He sighed to himself as he slowed down, feeling the wind caress his body, and feeling his clothes ripple as he flew. He pulled into a floating stop, and allowed at glance over at Milena, and scowled softly. He didnt like the girl. Not because she had two positions he wanted, one more than the other, but because she was one of the students who thought they were above everyone else. The one encounter he had had with her, she had been quite mean, and Dante didnt like someone speaking to him like he was an idiot.

He pulled a glove from his pocket, and after putting it on pulled the snitch out, having stolen in from the quidditch storeroom, and chuckled to himself. It was time for some real practise. He threw the snitch in the air, and closed his eyes for a few seconds, waiting for the snitch to disappear. He dropped the glove, watching it fall to the ground, and smiled snidely at Milena before taking off after the snitch, challenging her to try him.

Milena didn't brought her snitch along with her, after all her expectations was just to take her broom for a spin. From her point of view everything seems to be small and fragile. Though she didn't like bossing around people at all, Milena was just somehow rude. French people were rude some say and well that seems to be the reason. She wasn't in the top of her class or anything, as long as she was passed she was grateful. Milena's mother would be dissapointed to hear this as she was rarely found cutting her class. But then again, it was her life to control She was aimlessly wondering up in the air trying to refresh her memories as it was all she had. From the first Quidditch try-outs up to the Yule ball and all. She was always found missing during event that needed a costume. Milena sighed hoping she could attend next year's, to somehow pay up.

As her random memories started to appear she noticed Dante was smiling at him. It wasn't no ordinary smile at all, he obviously wanted her to play a game. She wasn't interested at all, win or lose it doesn't matter. She looked at him blankly as she was watching making a fool of himself. Milena preferred to use her skills during the game or practices but not by showing it of to some random guy she barely knew of. She turned her back and decided to fly faster and higher away from him.

Dante noticed straight off that Milena wasnt going to play along, and he didnt really care. He had come to practise and harness his skills, not play to to some rude, and somewhat annoying girl. He grinned to himself as he shot round the pitch, scanning left and right for the snitch. In a game, he hated catching the snitch straight off, as he liked the enjoy a game for a while, but in a practise session, it was all about speed. He grinned to himself as he saw that golden glint , and angled his broom after it.

He dived, zigzagged and curved after the snitch, eyes on the prize and not letting anything steal his attention. He came dangerously close to Milena as he flew over her at lightning speed, and just as he caught the snitch, noticed he was heading straight for the goal posts. He tucked himself in, and shot straight through the post hole, grinning to himself as he circled around and hovered low to the ground, snitch in hand.

Milena was getting a little bit bored as she was there up in the air. She wanted to do something ,anything. She watched Dante playing with his snitch, chasing it around. The Lunatic was obviously enjoying to watch, too bad he hated her. Positioning herself in a more comfortable way and to watched him further. The boy obvioulsy like enjoyment other than catching the snitch. She wasn't amazed at all as she knew it was easy to catch the snitch without getting hit by the bludger. Milena yawned out of boredom and decided to play along with Dante.

She wasn't sure though if it was the right choice to go near to him after the whole incident thing. While thinking she almost got hit, and this made her more intrigue. Gliding her broom, she went near to Dante who seems to be happy with catching the snitch. Hovering her broom as she was now on the ground, Milena approached her assuring her wand was on her pocket for emergency. "I'm guessing you play Quidditch?" she asked him crossing her arms and showing to expression at all. Milena wasn't sure what to say to him but still she took her chances with Dante.

Dante was both pleased and proud of himself as he sat on the broom, looking at the snitch. It reminded him of his father, and of the affection Dante remembered seeing in his eyes when they talked about Quidditch. For muggles, it was Ivy League schools and football. For Dante, it was Quidditch. He was pulled from his thoughts by a voice, and when he looked up, couldnt help but roll his eyes a little. It was Milena, of course. He wondered whether she was back for another argument, and remembering that his wand was up his sleeve where he had stitched a holder, he looked back at her.

He pondered how to go about this conversation, remembering their last conversation, but also taking into account that she didnt seem to be pissed off thsi time. So he decided to go in nuetrally. "Yeah... My father always loved it, and i guess i dont have much left of him anymore..." he trailed, not knowing why he had told her that. "Im a Seeker," he added, and after looking down at the snitch, he tossed it to her. "And yourself?" he asked.

Milena hated being judge, sure she was mean but it always depends on her mood. The Slytherin hated conflicts with other student's and this made her to push away herself among her schoolmates. Nobody understood her, still she didn't cared about what others would say. She had Quidditch, and for her that matter the most. The team was very welcoming at her first try-outs, the guy named Azerail would guide her through. Being Slytherin wasn't that bad at all. Milena could notice the boy seems to be guarded, she wasn't going to insult him or anything.

The blonde was still crossing her arms as she listened to Dante's story. As if she read his mind, the only difference was his father seems to be dead on the other hand Milena's father was just pretending that he's dead. All her life she was living a lie, this made her more numb and hated the world. She had issues with abandonment since on. "Seeker? Is the boy mad? How could he be a seeker?" she thought wondering what was happening to the boy. "First the he said he was the leader of the Dark Elites now he's telling me he's the seeker!?" she whispered to herself feeling a bit confused. As he tossed the snitch Milena let her left hand catch it. She was used letting her left hand do the job, as she was born left-handed. "I'm the seeker for the Slytherin Quidditch Team.... for some years now." she said to him in a blank tone. No she wasn't like him who's gonna brag his position. At least Milena never lied unlike the boy in front of him.

Dante looked at Milena, and felt a mixture of emotions. He couldnt help but feel anger and hatred towards the girl, and not because of the Dark Elites, and only a little because of the Seeker issue, but because she was the way she was. Dante had never wanted to be placed in Slytherin. Both his parents had been Gryffindor, and his grandparents before him, but his uncle had been Slytherin, and now, for some reason, he was too. He had accepted it, thinking himself just like the other slyhterins, but now that he looked at it, he had only become like that because of his uncle. And as he looked at Milena, she just naturally seemed that way.

Dante couldnt help but chuckled when she proclaimed she was Seeker, which he had already known. "Well, im sorry to say it, but you wont be this year." he said, mounting his broom again. "The Dark Elites were something i wanted to mess with, and i put next to no effort into it. But this... Quidditch. Its who i am, and no one will stand in my way." he said, grinning wickedly as he shot off into the sky. 'Rejoice in your position now Milena, because very soon you will be knocked of your pedistal.' he thought to himself as he shot up into the clouds.

Milena could sense hatred coming from Dante's eyes. "Why do you hate me so much?" she asked him wondering what's up with him. Sure she was mean but not without any reason. Maybe she was on his way? or maybe not. It wasn't her fault that she had everything he wanted, Milena never understood the boy as he didn't understood her. By now from what's she hearing, this would be a great time to leave and ignore him, but she didn't and decided to stay for a while. Her arms were now loose, as the other one started to pick up her broom.

She didn't move a single inch from her position. Quidditch was the only remaining left that let her remember her father,from what it seems her father loved the game. Milena didn't care about what was Dante saying, he proved himself wrong. She decided not to be mean today and just swallow every threat that she heard from him. It didn't made sense really, as it was his first time to encounter such a jerk. Where had he been all this years? and most especially why show up now? Milena was numb, she didn't wanted to waste her energy to this mean person. She then watched him up in the air looking like a complete idiot, what a waste of time. Milena yawned as she was returning to her boring stage. "Serieusement, pourquoi moi? she said in mild tone.

Dante sat there, drifting in mid air, feeling the warm wind brush past him as he watched the clouds roll by. This was one of his favourite places in the world, and he smiled as he experienced the weightless feeling of just gliding through the air. He rolled his eyes at Milena when she followed him, and scowled. "Parce que, votre coldhearted. De plus, vous semblez être à ma façon tout le temps..." he called back, not sure if he was supposed to hear what she had said. He honestly didnt care. He grinned as he spoke the forgein tounge, wondering if she had expected him to know french. He had, after all, spent two years in france while under hiding.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry its short, losing my muse....

OOCOut of Character:
In my past post, I didn't followed Dante up in the air. It's your choice if you're gonna stop her from leaving.

Milena was now getting irritated, she regret wasting her time on a jerk like Dante. Seriously, there was nothing much to do here. She should be hating him right now as she hated her but she didn't. One more strike and who knows she could actually hate her. It was the dumbness thing to do, to listen to Dante's words. She would rather be hearing Daryl's Black craziness other than this. Milena shake her head in disappointed. She wasn't surprised at all that he knew French, it was after all an easy language to speak. "Who are you to judge! That's it I had enough." she yelled at him while watching him make a fool of himself up in the air.

She was done with him, done. Milena got her broom and decided to leave. "Que residuos de tempo, energia......Merde." she said in mixed dialect with numbness in his face. There were more people worthy of her presence anyway. She hated being judge without even knowing her, she hated the world and now she should be hating Dante.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back