Glad To Be Away From School

Kat gave her friend an odd look. She'd only ever heard of death coming in threes, but she decided to appease Hilary instead. "Yeah, something like that. What does that have to do with the price of dragons in Romania?" she asked, still confused.

Hilary burst into giggles, "Okay what Kat? What's up with the dragons in ROmania?" She stuck out her tongue a little and continued, "Well it's just I always thought bad things came in threes. And I'm pretty sure if I lose my prefect badge, the tournament gets canceled and something happens with Bruin all in one year I wouldn't be able to handle it." Hilary was rambling a little but didn't seem to notice.

"Nothing...just ignore the dragons silly. Listen Hilary, Bruin's not going anywhere...at least not until we've beaten every other house in quidditch. And the way that's been going lately I have a feeling he'll be around for a good long while." Kat said sincerely and then added, "You losing your prefect badge was just a stroke of bad luck, we all have that. And as far as the tournament goes, well that's just one of those unforeseen events that was out of everyone's control. Don't worry about losing Bruin...even if he has been acting rather peculiar lately, I know that if there is a cub who needs him to be there, or well in your case wants him to be there then he'll be there. It's just who Bruin is...you know that!" She gave her friend a hug and said with a chuckle, "You worry too much...if you keep this up then I'm going to have to find a new job. I'm the one who's supposed to be a worry wart, not you!"

Hilary accepted her friends hug and returned it with a smile. "Aw thanks Kat, I guess I'm just not the surest of all people when it comes to this whole boy thing." Although she knew quite a bit about quite a lot she was willing to admit that this was foreign territory. "I truly hope you're right about Bruin not going anywhere, and if you are I guess I'll just have to miss the snitch." She said it obviously jokingly, quidditch was as important to her as it was to Bruin. Her final statement gave Hilary a few more thoughts, would he really just be sticking around cause she was a cub and that was what he did, she didn't want to take advantage of that part of him.

Kat laughed and said, "Join the club! Boys are a hard book to read. I just don't understand them sometimes." She gave Hilary a sincere, warm smile and added, "Of course I'm right! I'm always right, but seriously I think that things will work out the way they are supposed to."

Hilary smiled again, she was so glad that she had come to Brightstone today. "Yeah, that's what I think too, everything happens for a reason." She looked over at her friend and thought back to the window they had been looking at before. It reminded her of the package she had purchased for her friend a while back, she reached into her back and grabbed the wrapped gift, "Hey Kat this is for you, just for being a good friend and all that." She smiled and handed the gift over to her friend, it was a beautiful Gryffindor Necklace.

Kat took the wrapped gift from Hilary and opened it. It was a Gryffindor necklace. Kat held it up and then smiled brightly. "Oh Hilary it's beautiful! Thank you so much." she said as she hugged her friend again and then put the necklace on, making sure it was fastened securely. Then her face dropped and she said meekly, "I...I don't have anything for you." She felt very guilty that Hilary had gotten her something and she had nothing for her in return.

Hilary smiled she loved giving gifts. When Kat took the package and upwrapped it she was glad to see that she liked it. Hilary returned the hug from her friend and lifted her hair as she attached the necklace. When she appologized for not having something for her, Hilary just shrugged. "Well that's okay, I get that most people aren't like weird and caring random gifts around." She giggled a little, "But honestly your friendship is gift enough for me."

"Aww Hilary! Thanks! You're a great friend too!" she said with a big grin. She'd definitely make sure that she got Hilary a little thank you gift and send it to her. It was the least she could do for not only the necklace, but for listening to her rantings earlier. She looked at her watch and saw that it was getting close to time to head back up to the school. Kat needed to get back a little early because she had some letters to send out before it was time for supper. "You wanna start walking back up now?" she asked, hoping that Hilary wouldn't mind heading back a little bit earlier than they were supposed to.

Hilary smiled and then turned back to the conversation, "Sure!" Hilary said pretty bouncy liked as they turned back towards the school, "So are you feeling better now Kat? You looked a little sad earlier."

(((ANd yeah... that's my one liner for today as I'm really not sure what else to put into it :p)))

((haha that's cool...i didn't really give you much to work with in that last one, but this one's a bit better...we can probably wrap this one up in another few posts though))

Kat turned with Hilary and started walking back up to the school. "Yeah, I'm feeling a bit better. The last few months had just been a little less than pleasant for me, but I feel better now that I've let it all out." she said, knowing that she hadn't really told her friend about absolutely everything, just the important parts. Plus there were some things that were still just too painful to talk about so it was best not to bring up something that would just re-open the wound. "I've been a little bit homesick lately, but that's nothing new. I have periods where I do that. So how are you feeling about everything?" she asked curiously, trying to redirect the conversation away from herself.

((Yerp, sounds about right...))

Hilary continued to walk with her friend, nodding a little as she spoke. "Yeah, a little shopping therapy and girl talk has always done wonders in the past. Oh and don't even mention home sickness, I don't think I've gone home since first year, just been too busy lately." When she asked about her she replied, "Well I'm feeling quite a bit better about almost everything, we'll have to see how things work out but I'm feeling a little bit better. Still a little upset about the whole champion thing but, whatevs I'll learn to deal with it." She shrugged a little not sure what else to say.

"I have a good feeling about everything!" Kat said confidently, "And the champion thing does suck, but like you said...everything happens for a reason." They continued to walk back to the school and when they finally reached the school grounds Kat looked at her friend and said, "I have to run up to the owlery. I have a load of letters to send so it'll take a while. Thanks for everything Hilary! I didn't realized how much I've missed you!" With that she hugged her friend once more and took off for the owlery, feeling much better than she had earlier today.

When they reached the school Hilary gave a final smile to her friend. "Yeah I should go get some work done anyways, and I totally missed you too." She gave her friend a hug and then off she went to the common room. She still had that Arithmancy to figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back