OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat grabbed her coin purse and stuck her wand in the back pocket of her jeans. She headed downstairs and out of the castle. She walked alone to Brightstone, and the time without chit chat was very much welcome. Kat had a few things to think about and mull over, and what with the commotion going on around school lately with the kidnapping of Headmistress Barker, she hadn't had a quiet moment to herself lately.

She arrived at the small village and began to wander around. There wasn't anything in particular that she was looking for, but a little window shopping was always good 'therapy', plus her birthday was coming up in a couple weeks so she could get some ideas of what to tell her family for gifts. Kat stopped in front of Madame Malkins and looked at the jewelry selection in the window. There was one piece in particular that caught her eye. It was a silver heart shaped locket with diamonds on it. It was absolutely beautiful, but she knew that her family wouldn't be able to afford it.

Kat felt a little guilty for the wave of jealousy that had just washed over her. She'd never been one to wish that her family was wealthy. They'd always gotten by and done well enough. And they loved each other which was more important than anything, but for some reason the teenage side of her took over. You greedy little witch she thought bitterly at herself.

Hilary needed to get away from the craziness of the school. When she heard there was a Brightstone weekend she jumped on the chance and grabbed her bag to go. When she arrived a lone she looked around the shops for someone she knew who wouldn't mind her hanging around. As she didn't find anyone of the like she continued to walk down the street. She saw a familiar face all alone on the road and so walking towards her with a smile she tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey Kat, do you mind if I tag along with you... I don't really want to shop a lone considering the events of the TriWizard."

Kat hadn't even heard anyone approach her so when she felt a tap on her shoulder she jumped slightly. "Oh, gosh! Hi Hilary! Yeah that's fine. I know what you mean...it's like I'm afraid of my own shadow lately." she said with a forced smile. The last few months had been crappy and maybe some girly time would help pull her out of her current funk. After all she'd spent the majority of last year in some sort of horrible crying fit and this year wasn't looking like it would be much better.

"So what have you been up to lately?" she asked Hilary with a weak grin, trying to make small talk/

Hilary smiled and nodded as her friend spoke, she totally understood about being scarred of your own shadow. She was glad she had found Kat, after all they hadn't spoken in a while but she still felt sort of close to her.

When she asked what she'd been up too she thought a little, how much of what would she tell. Hilary decided that she'd play it pretty safe for starters. "Well I've been sort of busy, you know doing lessons and stuff, but I guess I've also been meeting people and getting to know people better, so I thought it should be your turn." She smiled and raised her shoulders a bit.

So Hilary had been meeting people. That was nice as long as her friend was meeting the right people. "I'm sure being the champion for the school has you meeting loads of new people." Kat said dryly, "So who all have you met exactly? I'm assuming people from both schools." she added, then thought how extremely dumb she sounded. Kat thought about the people that she'd met from an opposing school and wished greatly that she could forget about two of them.

When Kat mentioned being champion Hilary frowned a little at the thought, that was still a bit of a touchy subject for her. Still she wanted to keep this day light hearted and so she answered the question, not suspecting anything. "Well I met quite a few people actually, but I think some of them left. Guests have been dropping left right and center." She had sort of dogged the question not really wanting to explain about this foreign boy, especially as she didn't really want it reaching Bruin.

Kat saw the look that Hilary had when she'd mentioned the tournament so Kat decided that she'd not mention it anymore right now. "I've noticed that quite a few have left too. It's almost as bad as the ones that we lose every year, though there aren't as many leaving from the other schools." Kat said thoughtfully. She thought about the people that she'd met and that sent her into a whirlwind of emotions.

"I've met a few from the other schools too. They all seem nice enough, but it will be nice to have our school back to ourself again." she said and then muttered under her breath and turned her attention back to the necklace in the window, "Though I wish those two jackasses would drop like flies and leave me the hell alone." Kat's eyes glossed over and she quickly wiped the tears away from her eyes. It's not worth it Kat, just drop it she thought to herself.

Hilary nodded as Kat spoke also having seen her friends and classmates dropping like flies since they had started. As she glanced from the window to her friend she saw that something just wasn't right. She looked back at the window and started her reply, "Yeah I think it will be nice, though I'm quite enjoying have the other students around." SHe smiled a little dreamily thinking of the boy she had met and then looking back at her friend snapped out of it. Kat was crying. "Oh my gosh, Kat, what happened? Please tell me..." Hilary was full of worry for her friend, and her smile had disappeared.

Kat didn't look at Hilary. It was all still too embarrassing for her...she hadn't even told Lily yet and the only reason Rhyspa knew was because she'd been there and involved in the whole thing. "I...urm...it's nothing." she lied horribly. "Something stupid...I was stupid...and he's an ass." Kat was barely managing to stutter out, but at least she was successfully fighting back any tears from freely flowing, though they sat in her blue eyes, threatening to spill over.

It was moments like this that Hilary was slightly glad that her friends were horrible liers. She knew that something was wrong and that it was plaguing Kat, or else she wouldn't have been spouting it out like that. Hilary popped her purse over her shoulder and reached over to hug her friend. "Kat, it's better once it's spoken... " she was talking softer now.

"It won't be better till he leaves. I've never hated anyone so much in my life, but I truly loathe him." Kat spilled, angry at the thought of the handsome blonde boy from the opposing school. She was still so ashamed at her behavior that night of the ball and didn't want Hilary to think badly of her.

"Sorry Hilary. I'm ruining our day out." she said apologetically.

Hilary shook her head understandingly, "You're not ruining the day Kat, I'm actually glad I'm with you rather than the silly first years who like twitter around as if they are about to die." She smiled a little about it with a bit of a joke. "But anyways, who is this unlucky boy? What did he do to you?" Hilary was starting to get a little rilled up herself, because even though Kat was only a year younger she still looked out for her like the cub she once was.

Kat forced a small grin and chuckled weakly at Hilary's response about the first years, but then looked away...thinking about whether or not to tell her friend. With a heavy sigh she said, "He's from Durmstrung. I went to the ball with him and well...turns out he used me in some sort of sick little game that he and his friends were playing." Kat sucked in a deep breath and continued on, "He kissed me. I thought he liked me. Sweet Merlin how could I have been so stupid and foolish?" It made her angry thinking of it all over again...and it made her even angrier to think that Rhyspa had been involved in it too.

As Kat spoke the anger within Hilary grew. How dare some foreign boy come in and just use one of her friends like that. To just kiss her as if she was some sort of voodoo doll he could just throw to the side was utterly wrong. Hilary was so glad that none of the boys she had been talking with were that rude, but it was Kat she needed to be here for.

"Oh my gosh, that just makes me mad. And it's totally not your fault! Boys will be boys, however dumb that happens to be..... and that just makes him a jerk" There was no smile on her face, and now all she wanted to do was make the boy who dared do this pay. If she hadn't recently met her own Durmstrang boy she would have thought it was them all, but she somehow knew this one had been different. Or she thought she knew.

"He and his stupid friend Dominik. I swear they are truly the biggest jerks I've ever had the misfortune to meet. The only one of them that has any shred of decency and respect is Yvan." Kat rambled on. "They both completely ruined the Yule Ball for myself and Rhyspa." She thought for a bit and in her own defense she'd been rather emotionally unstable when she'd agreed to go to the ball with Nicolae. She'd just broken up with Makato, which had been the absolute worst moment in her life to date, so things in her life hadn't been the best...leaving her very vulnerable.

As Kat started sharing more of the story Hilary knew that they had honestly just been stupid about it. They had totally wrecked the greatest Yule ball ever for two of the sweatest girls in the school, because of their stupid game. She was glad to hear that the boy she had met wasn't the one in on this with the stupid jerk, it had been some boy called Dominik.

"That's just horrible Kat, but hey why don't we do some window shopping as we talk." SHe glanced at the window they were next too, it held a beautiful necklace. "So Kat, do you have some plan of action for getting these guys back?"

Kat smiled at Hilary slightly. "I think some retail therapy might help loads," she said as she took one last look at the heart shaped locket in the window. She began to walk slowly down the narrow row of shops, stopping occasionally to look at items that were in the windows. Kat thought about Hilary's question for a few moments and then replied, "Not really. We're not really sure what the best way to get back at them would be." Her thoughts went back to that night in the North Tower and flinched as she remembered how she'd attempted to slug Nicolae right in the kisser, but he had forcefully grabbed her wrist...abruptly stopping what he well deserved. It pissed her off to no living end that she had yet to think of something that would pay them back. "You got any ideas?" Kat asked her friend, hoping that she might be able to offer some insight.

Hilary walked along the street with her friend occasionally glancing into the windows only sort of half paying attention to the stores, she was more into the conversation. As soon as Kat had mentioned this stupid boy and his friend Hilary's brain had been whirring. When she asked Hilary took a deep breath and replied, "Well as from what I've heard they think this is a game, I guess we'll just have to beat them at it somehow. Do you have any idea what it was they were trying to do?"

"I haven't a clue. I could talk to Katerina and she could maybe ask Yvan...maybe he would know something, though he's not talking to them now." she said, the wheels in her head turning now. She could maybe send an owl to Katerina, afterall she hadn't talked to her since that night and wanted to see how she'd been lately. "Trust me though, as soon as I find out, you'll be one of the first to know. I want nothing more than to beat them at their own game and make them look stupid." Kat said a bit more bitter than she'd realized she could have possibly been.

Hilary smiled a little, "Okay Katalina.... if or when you find out let me know. If you need any help or whatever I'm willing. I'll even go under cover if need be, I'd like nothing more than to get back at whoever hurt you." Hilary was not exactly angry anymore but it was more the fact that this was happening around her and she hadn't noticed that something was up.

Kat laughed genuinely at Hilary's offer to go undercover. It felt good to laugh and smile...she hadn't done much of it for the last few months. "Okay! You're on! An undercover position would be just the thing for you," she said jokingly and then added, "Enough with the boring Durmstrung boys...how have you been? I haven't had a chance to actually conversate with you in what seems like ages."

"Well thank-you" Hilary said with a bit of a cutesy pose sticking her tongue out a little. "Well, I guess I've just been trying to deal with not really being Hogwarts champion anymore." She frowned a little and continued "It's weird how much you get into something like that, and it was sort of cut short."

Kat felt very bad for Hilary. She knew how hard her friend had worked at the tournament, plus having to do classes and such. "I'm sorry Hil. I can't imagine how bad it sucks. If it makes you feel any better, I think you would have wiped the floor with both of the other champions. They didn't have a fighting chance." she said as she nudged Hilary's arm playfully, trying to make her feel somewhat better by lightening the mood.

Hilary had felt the mood fall, but she hadn't even noticed how quickly she had done it. That had sort of been what she had been thinking about for a while and he had popped out. "Well thanks Kat..." Hilary said half being lightened, "I'm glad you think so.... though I would have liked to try." She felt the nudge and tried to smile a bit. "You know, I just would have loved to be the first to bring the glory back to HNZ, but I guess safety had to come first." She glanced down at the feet, not really wanting to place a damper on Kats already stressed day.

Kat could tell that Hilary was still not feeling up to par and that was very out of character for her friend. "Hilary...you did bring some glory to HNZ. Heck, you've been the most glorious, brightest, happiest person I've known in my three years here." she said seriously, "I just wish that someone would give us a bit more insight as to what actually happened that day. It's frustrating not knowing anything."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back