Giving It Another Go

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
It had seemed like forever since Toni and Beau last got to together to do something. They had met in the North Tower and finally decided that they should have yet another skating lesson. Now it was obvious that Toni wasn't the best skater and really she didn't care. It was just nice that she got to spend more time with Beau, something that she always liked to do.

Getting up the morning she tried to make sure she looked her best. Hair down of coarse and this time it's natural wavy. Lately she had been straightening it, but as for today, she thought natural might just do the trick. Pulling on a nice black top and a pair of jeans. Though she absolutely hated jeans, she knew she couldn't wear either a dress or skirt today. Toni would just have to deal with it.

As she finished up getting ready, Toni walked toward the entrance hall, in which they both had decided to meet. Toni realized that she was the first one there. Thinking that it was a change of things, she shrugged. Walking over to the wall, Toni leaned up against it waiting.

(( I like the title :p ))

Beau had not liked the fact that he and Toni had not been spending alot of time lately and after bumping into her in the towers he was pleased that they had actually arranged to meet. Cursing himself for waking up late he jumped out of bed quickly throwing on a pair of board shorts and a blue 'Hurley' hoodie he grabbed all the skating stuff he could find but gave up searching for a helmet after about ten minutes.
He strolled up to the Entrance Hall and paused when he saw her already there looking stunning, "Morning princess," he said walking up dropping the boards and embracing her softly. "Sorry I'm late," he added, ruffling his hair and grinning sheepishly.

((Whatever :oy: :p ))

Leaning up against the wall still, Toni wished she had a watch or something to see if she was really early or late or whichever. Though Toni never wore watches. No designers made cute enough watches for her to wear. As she waited, Toni wondered how this day was going to fall out.

Not having to wait too long before she heard Beau's voice. Turning to face him "Hey" She said her face already filling with a smile. He just seemed to have the power to do that to her. Hugging him back, "oh sure you're sorry. I've been waiting forever" Toni said rolling her eyes to show that she was completely joking.

"You did bring that lovely safety stuff didn't you?" Toni asked making sure.

"Sure you have," Beau said shaking his head and laughing, "I bet you just got here," he added with a wink.
"Of course, I couldn't have you getting hurt," he siad looking at the safety equiptment kept messily in his bag. "But I think you'll be glad to hear I've lost the helmet," he said laughing.

Toni shook her head. "Can't get anything past you" She said smiling as he said that he had brought the safety equipment. "Well at least I'll have a good hair day then" Toni said in a way glad that he had lost the helmets. They were so awful messing up her hair and making it look like she had, well, helmet hair.

"I'm glad we decided to do something today" Toni admitted. It was true. She really did miss not spending a lot of time with Beau. It seemed as the year went on they always missed each other one way or another, only bumping into each other once and awhile or seeing each other in classes.

Beau shook his head, "So vain," he joked laughing, in his eyes Toni always looked stunning. He couldn't understand why she always fussed about her apperance so much,it must be a girl thing.. he thought, a small smile appearing on his face.
"Me too," he said softy, he wasn't sure what signals she was sending him here they were always so mixed. He couldn't seem to figure out if she ever wanted anything more then friendship she never gave anything away. Usually he was quite good with girls but she remained a mystery to him.

Pushing Beau playfully, Toni tried to look like she took offense to his statement. "I am not vain" She said. Though even though Toni could usually act rather well in situations like this, this wasn't the time. Toni broke into a smile. She wasn't exactly vain or at least she didn't think so.

Running her fingers through her hair as Beau said that he was glad that they have meet up again. At least he was happy that they are hanging out. Just as friends he thinks we are just hanging out as friends Toni thought. This meant that they were just hanging out as friends. If that was Beau wanted then Toni would have to deal with it.

"So I was thinking that maybe you could even show me how great at skate boarding you are today. Give you a chance to show off" She said smiling.

"Sure your not," Beau said sarcastically but his eyes were gleaming showing he was joking.
He brushed his hand past hers briefly, pausing as their fingers touched, his eyes conveying an almost confusion. He didn't know what he was meant to do, how was he supposed to tell if she liked him or not? He hadn't realised it but his head was tipped on the side as his sparkling blue eyes scanned her face, as if to memorise every detail.
"Ahh yes," he said snapping back, "When I've finished with you, you'll be able to skate like me," he said winking as he hopped agilely onto the skateboard. He kicked off gently and he was gliding agiley along, building up speed he turned around before going really fast and hopping down the steps of the entrance hall, all the time maintaing balance once outside he skating jumping a few times, a look of pure concentration on his face. He smiled as he jumped even higher, landing neatly back on the skateboard.He wondered back up to her quickly, "Thats not my best but," he shrugged grinning, he would need a ramp to be able to really show off.

"I'm not any more vain than you are" Toni said sticking out her tongue childishly. No she didnt' think Beau was vain. Though it was sad that she couldn't find many bad traits about him anyway. Usually Toni could pick apart people, but Beau was different, for some reason he was different.

As their hands brushed passed each other, her eyes sparkled for a moment. Toni was tempted to just grab his hand, wanting to see what it was like to have their fingers intertwined. Though Toni didn't want to make things arkward, no that was the last thing she wanted to do.

Her eyes remained on him as she realized his head was tilted to the side looking at her with those blue eyes. Holding back a small blush, she was glad that he was the first to speak. "How do you know I won't be better" she teased lightly. Yet as she watched him jump onto the board as if it was as easy as walking.

Watching him do a few jumps, surprised. She had expected him to be good but still. "Ok I take that back" Toni said referring to her first comment of possibly being better. "I don't think I will ever be able to do that" Toni said laughing a bit not even able to imagine herself doing that.

Beau laughed shaking his head, "Oh I'm sure you'll be pretty good!" he said honestly, "After all I'm teaching you," he joked, a smile on his face.
He just wanted to reach out and take her hand but right now he felt somthing he had never felt before, his confidence felt gone and he felt almost tense, he relaxed his shoulders. His gaze once again never leaving her face, "Right come on then, on the board," he said sliding the second board over to her. "Show me what you remember from last time,"he said grinning and wondering if she remembered anything he had taught her, he sat down on the main stair case to watch her. "Oh I almost forgot," he said jumping up once more and going over to the bag he threw over the knee pads, elbow pads and the fingerless protective gloves, Before returning to sit on the step.

Toni rolled her eyes playfully. "Of coarse if anyone else was teaching me I wouldn't be near as good" Toni said thinking that it was possibly true. Though with anyone else she would be able to concentrate more on the actually skating and not so much else. But Toni would change Beau teaching her for the world.

Though as he slide the board over to her she just let it roll over and hit her feet stopping it there. 'show me what you remember from last time' Toni heard Beau said. Of coarse he meant what skating she remembered from last time but that wasn't nearly what she remembered most. It had been a skating lesson but really skating had never been the main focus as the day went on. Trying to push that out of her mind for the moment just enough for her to concentrate. "Okay" She said about to step on the board.

As Beau began to speak again she stopped her feet still on the ground. "Safety. God what would I do without you" Toni said flashing him a smile as she sat down on the ground, hoping that it wasn't too dirty, as she put on the knee pads. Then she pulled on the elbow pads and the gloves.

Standing up she looked at the board. Don't look like an idiot She thought as she carefully placed one foot on the board. Letting out an almost silent sigh, she put the other foot on the board. Keeping her balance she stuck her arms out for a moment trying to remain steady. Once she stopped wobbling, her arms went back down to her sides. "Ok" She said again this time more to herself.

Kicking off gently on the ground, she actually we at a decent speed, not fast but not only snail beating slow. Moving not too far a few feet or so before coming to a stop. Turning her gaze to Beau, she smiled "And that is what we covered last time. Skating wise" She added though the last part was much softer. Stepping off the board, Toni felt a bit better now that she was off the board. She didn't fall...yet.

"Careful," Beau said cringing when the board hit her. Only then did it hit him why she had reacted like that, she was thinking of something else. For a moment he was lost in the memory before he heard her words, "I don't know," he said laughing, what would she do without him? She might not even notice he wasn't there, he cringed at the thought.
He grinned, "Not bad, not bad at all," he said clapping his hands and walking over to her. "You would have kicked that snails butt," he said laughing.
He half smiled at her next words, "What else did you learn then?" he asked softly, he was standing right besides her know his heart practically pounding out of his chest, know he would surely know wouldn't he? How she reacted know would tell him everything he needed to know.

Tim had finished putting up the freshly polished paintings up on the fourth floor corridor. The victorian lady praised him elegantly and the silver knight 'appreciated his service'. Tim nodded to them both, "Anytime" He walked down the many staircases to the entrance hall. His next task of the day was to feed the Hippogriffs.

Tim finally made it to the entrance hall. There was two children there. First years Tim thought and rolled his eyes. He was warned many times by a lot of staff members about these first years. Always, always causing trouble. Tim walked over to them briskly. He scratched his head and raised his eyebrows as he saw the pair skating? Skating in the entrance hall. Amature mistake number one Tim thought light-heartedly.

He cleared his throat though it never helped his husky voice, "Having fun?" His voice was husky but it was a kind, friendly husky voice. It wasn't threatening nor intimadating. Not like many of the staff here, some, Tim himself would be afraid of.

"Thank You Thank You" Toni said laughing a bit as Beau told her that it wasn't too bad. Sure she wasn't even close to being wonderful maybe not even decent but she had done her best at the moment. Smiling when he said that she would have kicked that snail's butt. "If only I had a snail to race against" Toni said rolling her eyes at the thought.

Though Toni couldn't help but feel her cheeks turn the slightest pink when Beau actually asked what else she had learned. How was Toni surposed to answer that, well she wasn't sure at all. Her heart began to beat a bit faster as she turned to look at him. Should she show him? Toni was about to lean in when she heard someone clear their throat.

Toni whirled her head around to see an older man there. Was he a Professor? If so Toni had never seen him before. Crap She thought looking down at the skateboard for a moment then back at the older man. Was she surposed to answer him. Toni looked over at Beau. This Professor or whoever he was just ruined what could have been a perfect moment.

Beau smiled as he saw Toni's cheeks redden a little, he was about todo something when he heard someone clear their throat, he turned around preapering himself to tell whoever it was to get lost when he realised it was an adult. "Good afternoon," he said, his deep British voice polite. He knew that was probably the best way to go about it, he positioned himself slightly infront of Toni not wanting her to get into trouble, he winked at her in a way he knew the man wouldn't see "Yes we were thanks, is there a problem?" he asked, his eyebrows raised in mock suprise.

Tim looked at the pair while waiting for one ot answer. The british boy spoke first, he liked his humour. He chuckled slightly, he knew he went way to easy on kids. "Well the problem, sir," Tim paused, "You seemed to be skating in the entrance hall. It seems like a fairly stupid place to be skating if you don't mind me saying so." He said light heartedly.

Tim looked at both of them and crossed his arms over his chest. "Its against the rules I hope you realise. I should report the both of you." he said to them trying to put a bit of force in his voice. He gave them but glances before he sighed and let his arms flow freely by his side. "But I'm not." he said, "I should..but I'm not." Tim looked at the both of them once more.

Toni couldn't help but smile as Beau seemed to try to handle things smoothly. She probably would of tried to pull the whole innocent act though Toni was glad that she didn't have to. Really she didn't know it was against school rules to skate. She wasn't sure that hogwarts made rules against muggle sports and such even in the castle.

Though Toni listened as the Professor spoke a small smile on her face. Toni was about to speak up saying that she didn't know it was a rule, possible sound all sad and such though the adult male said that he wasn't going to report them. Thank god Toni thought not knowing what to say. She really didn't want to leave right now. She was looking forward to hanging out with Beau and she was still a bit angry that this unknown person seemed to ruin the moment.

"Ah but to be honest its actually the best place in the school to skate," Beau said smoothly, a small smile appearing on his face. "I mean everywhere else is grass," he said noticing the man didn't seem overly strict.
"Well thank you very much," he said, not finding it easy to remain so polite. But his parents had taught him some manners at least, his posh british accent always seemed to help him in times of need.
"Are you a proffessor?" he asked, curiousity overcoming him.

Tim laughed when the boy said it was the best place to skate. Tim pretended to be considering this, he gave them two quick glances and said in a hushed voice, "The Dungeons is pretty good. Rarely anyone goes down there." he winked kindly. Tim shook his head, "Nah. I'm the new caretaker. My name is Tim Barter. But just call me Tim none of this sir or mr." he said. He hated that, it just feel right for it to be said to him.

Toni was actually glad that his caretaker seemed not too strict at all. If they had to get caught Toni was glad that it had been him. Though still she would have not wanted to get caught at all.

When he mentioned that the dungeons were not a bad place to skate, Toni shook her head. "Too close to the Slytherin common room" She admited. That was the last thing she wanted was for some Slytherin that she didnt' care for, which could be Hadan or Hoshi or even that girl that Toni had already forgotten her name, to come up and watch her make a fool of her self when she attempted to not fall all the time.

Tim considered this, "If you go down deeper away from the common room..anyways what house are the pair of you in?" he asked noticing they were not in their uniforms. He thought about this,what other places were there? Why am I doing this?

He knew a perfect place in the forbbiden forest, it was flat, no rocks or gravel, it was used to put the thestrals in their before they were moved deeper into the forest. But it is forbidden. He told himself and tried to clear his face of all excited expressions. He could remember when he was a kid, he was quite the trouble-maker. And these kids did seem alright. Tim shook his head, your part of the staff, kept the students out of trouble..but that spot wasn't so deep in the forest.
Tim gave up,he was going to tell them eventually, "I am pretty sure the forbbiden forest has a good spot...when you enter straight and keep going until you find a tree that looks like Medousa, take a left." Tim said in a hushed voice. "But thats...forbidden." He winked to them.

"Nice to meet you Tim," Beau said a small smirk like smile appearing on his face. "We're both Slytherin's," he said proudly, "So the dungeons probably isn't the best place," he said hesatantly.
"Ahh the forbidden forest," he siad, his eyes lightening up, why didn't I think of that? he thought a smile spreading across his face. "Of course we wouldn't go there, its forbidden," he said michiviously to the caretaker before turning to Toni his eyebrows slightly raised.

Toni didn't think the dugeons would be the best place even if they were a bit away from it. Though when the caretaker who said that he wouldn't mind being called just plain old Tim, asked them which house they were in Toni was just about to answer when Beau answered first.

Though as Tim mentioned the Forbidden forest, Toni wondered if there would be a good place there without all the roots and such in the way. It seemed like it would work. After all the first time they went skating they were around that haunted building.

"Oh yes I would never go into the forbidden forest" Toni agreed along with Beau though she could see that Beau was considering it. With this she couldn't help but smile, the caretaker didn't seem much of an autority figure or at least not strict at all. That was fine with Toni though.

Tim nodded his head, "I should hope the two of you don't go in especially entering in straight and keep going until there's a tree that looks like Medousa and then take a left..that will lead you to a nice spot. But you wouldn't want that now would you?" He smiled softly.

Tim looked at his watch, he was off schedule, "Now I have work to be done, so when I get back here. I hope you two would have cleared off." Tim said, "Because if someone else finds you here...you mightn't be let off so easily." It was very true, if an actually staff member doing their job came along, they could be punished.

"Oh of course we wouldn't," Beau said, " A tree that looks like Medusa, interesting," he said memorising the directions.
"Oh don't worry, we'll leave straight away," he said a sly smile creeping on to his face. "Come on Toni," he said grabbing her by the hand, "Bye Tim, see you around," he said waving with his free hand to Tim, before picking up his stuff.
He wasn't sure how Toni would react to him holding her hand but it felt good to him and so he would wait to see what she did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back