Open Giving It A Go

Lucie Vernier

older twin | confrontational

OOC First Name
kaye
Wand
Curved 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Wenge Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
[Open after Maria]

Lucie always found semester breaks to be boring, especially when she didn't have much at all to look forward to. She enjoyed doing classes, but there were currently none to do, and so she wasn't doing much with her time, which was admittedly making her a little depressed. The art club had seemed like a good idea when it was introduced, and Lucie had almost given in and joined it. However, she didn't like the fact that most of the people in it were older than her, and she also didn't think she would be good enough for it. It was the very early hours of the morning and Lucie was having trouble sleeping. Her mind kept wandering and she kept thinking about what she could do to occupy her time before classes started. She wanted to practice some quidditch, however it was much too cold to be practicing on her broom this late at night and so she wanted to find something else to do.

Throwing on her dressing gown over her pyjamas, Lucie carefully made her way out of the Slytherin Common Room and up to the Conglomerated Arts Room. She wasn't sure when the meetings were held, but she knew at least that she had a few hours before one was possibly going to commence. The sun was beginning to rise, but still Lucie optimistically knew that she had plenty of time. When she entered the room, she stared at all of the art supplies that were around, as well as the musical stands and the instruments. Lucie had never bothered learning an instrument, despite her older sister being quite good at it, and so wandered over to the easels instead, admiring them before going through the cupboard to find some paints so she could start a painting. She took out a bottle of almost every colour, amazed at how many different shades there were of each one. She placed some colours on a palette, mixing them together to make her own.

Alex had decided to stay behind at Hogwarts during his break. He hadn't been on good terms with his mum recently and wanted to try and avoid her at all costs. Though he knew that it was going to affect his speech therapy lessons. But he didn't mind, he knew he could attend them during his next break. The past few days since the break had begun, Alex had kept himself busy by doing art, either in the art room or somewhere outside, whenever it was sunny of course. He'd either draw or paint in one of the many journals he'd carry around with him.

Alexander usually had gotten up in the early mornings just before sunrise to the art room to get started on a days work of art. He carried his usual journal with him, but decided to leave his other supplies in his dorm room, as he knew that there would be some supplies in the art room below. Once he had reached and entered the art room, he had been surprised by the sight of someone else being there. There wasn't usually anyone there when he was there in the early morning, so it had surprised him. "Oh, h-hello. I didn't e-expect anyone to be h-here" Alex stuttered out a little. He stepped closer into the room and smiled at the girl, as he then made his way to the supplies.

Lucie almost dropped her paintbrush when she heard someone entering the room and suddenly became a little insecure of the dressing gown she was wearing. It was an older boy in Ravenclaw House who was probably part of the art's club, and for a second she thought he was going to bust her. Instead, he seemed quite vulnerable with his stutter, and Lucie wondered for a moment why he was so nervous. "Are you sneaking in here too?" she asked him, wondering if that was it. She agreed that she also didn't expect anyone to be there at that time. She placed the paintbrush down, hoping that he was also not meant to be in there.

Alex felt a bit guilty, it had looked like that he had scared the girl a little, but he wasn't exactly sure if he did or not. "Oh, I'm s-sorry if I scared you o-or anything" Alex stuttered out. The Ravenclaw was getting frustrated with his stutter at times, it took him a while to speak, though his speech therapy was helping him a bit. Alexander blushed in embarrassment and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Y-yeah. I come in h-here almost every m-morning before class s-start to get some a-art done" Alex says, as he shrugs, and walks to one of the tables.

Lucie raised an eyebrow as the boy kept stuttering. She wondered what was wrong with him. Was English not his first language? He apologised to her and she shrugged it off. She felt a bit better however knowing he was also sneaking in there. "So you're not part of that club?" she asked, just to make sure. She didn't want anyone from the inside telling on her. "I don't mean to be rude but, is there a reason why you need to be in here every morning? I thought people did art for fun." She couldn't help but question him, still unsure whether or not she trusted him yet.

Alexander smiles a little. "Oh, I am part of the c-club. But I just come in here almost e-every morning" Alex says with a small smile and shrugs. He didn't mind the club. He preferred the art club over the other school clubs that they offered here at Hogwarts. They weren't as interesting to him really. "Oh, n-no, it's okay. It's not that I need to. I just like c-coming here every morning b-because it's really the only time with p=peace and quiet I guess. And I love art and doing it for f-fun, I guess" Alex stutters out with a shrug. Alex had a huge passion for art. He was getting a little frustrated with it, especially when it came to speaking long sentences and a while.

Lucie felt a little embarrassed as the older boy said he was part of the club. He didn't seem bothered by her presence though, so perhaps he was one of the nice ones. Lucie nodded however as he then said that he just likes going into the room for some peace and quiet. "I guess everyone needs some of that." she agreed. "Art does seem fun, yeah. So I'll leave you to it then. I was barely started anyway." Lucie stood up and picked up the palette to put it away. The last thing she wanted was to be a hypocrite and invade the boy's personal space.

Alexander felt a bit bad for what he said about getting peace and quiet. "Hey, n-no. You can s-still stay here if you'd like. Some c-company would be n-nice" Alexander stutters out, as he spoke. The stuttering kept annoying the boy. He felt embarrassed each time he spoke. The Ravenclaw made his way to one of the tables and opened up his sketchbook, his sketch pencil already inside. "What's your name?"

Lucie continued packing the paints away, even after the boy said she could stay. She thought perhaps he was right however as Lucie struggled to find some company herself sometimes too. "Thanks." she said to him, giving him a small smile. "I'll stay, but I don't want to paint anymore though. It's not who I am." She frowned a little at the blank canvas in front of her, before putting that away too. It was silly of her to keep trying to pursue something that just wasn't right for her. She much rather enjoyed cooking, but unfortunately there was no club for that at the school.

As Lucie noticed the boy take out a sketch book, she couldn't help but question it. "So are you more of a drawer than a painter then?" she asked, sitting down across from him at the table. He wanted to know her name, and this made Lucie smile. She found making friends with boys was a lot easier than making friends with girls. "My name is Lucie. What's yours?"

Alex nods and sends a girl an appreciative smile, glad that she had decided to stay. He would've felt bad and responsible if the girl had gone up and left. He nods understandingly. He guessed that he understood that people had different interests in art and such. Alexander then nods again at the younger girl's question about his art medium. "Yeah, I like to s-sketch. I prefer that over painting t-though. I do p-paint as well, but not as o-often" Alexander explains, as he stutters. He drew a lot while growing up. He would deny at the fact that he's a good drawer. He smiles and says, "N-nice to meet you, L-lucie. I'm Alexander, but you c-can call me Aa-alex, if you'd like"

Lucie listened as the older boy spoke, nodding at his words. "Yeah, painting can get messy sometimes. My older sister does both, but she always has paint on her hands or up her nails and stuff." she said, figuring drawing might be a better idea. It just seemed so much harder. He introduced himself as Alex. "It's nice to meet you too." she replied with a nod. She couldn't help but interrogate him further, especially since he was older and probably knew more than her. "Is school harder when you get older? Do you take Arithmancy? Do you know if it gets any better?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back