OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Sumner came into Lily's bedroom, knocking lightly with a knuckle on the opened door. He came in and sat down on her bed, facing her with a soft smile upon his normally serious features. She looked so pretty in the morning, with no make up, face glowing from sleep. "Merry Christmas, Lily," he whispered, setting her gifts upon the bed. He'd carefully wrapped the umbrella and the bag separately. He didn't know he might as well be screaming I like you! when she opened the new handbag to find it stuffed with things he'd picked out just for her. One thing in there he knew she'd prolly laugh at, which made him smile.

Lily was just starting to wake up when she heard someone enter her room. She opened her eyes to see Sumner sitting on her bed along with presents. "Merry Christmas, Sumner," she whispered back as she moved to sit up. She glanced down to make sure her pajamas were covering her properly, then eyed up the presents. "For me?" she asked, her voice and face like a little kid. She grinned, then reached over and off the bed to the three packages on the floor. She had planned to take them down to the tree this morning, but figured that since he was there with her now, she would let him open them in private. There was one other present that she had well hidden in her room that she would give him after he opened the rest. She only hoped that the timing worked out on what she had arranged and that no complications had arisen. It had taken her a lot of effort to coordinate his last present, but if it worked, it was going to be totally worth it. Never once did it dawn on her that the present would be something that a girl would do for the one she loved, not what a friend would do for another friend. Lily was totally oblivious to that thought, she just knew that if it worked, Sumner would be beyond happy.

Sumne couldn't help laughing quietly at the look on Lily's face. She was so damn beautiful. He caught himself staring at her and broke his gaze away, tearing into the presents she got for him. "Ha! This is great!" He examined the beaters bag, unzipping and unflapping compartments, already planning its use. Setting it on his lap, he tore through the next two boxes and held the tshirts up to his chest. "I'll have to hide these from my roommates." His chuckle was playful and he hurriedly whipped off the plain white tshirt he'd slept in and pulled on the dark quidditch shirt. "Perfect fit."

He sat back and watched her open her gifts, waiting until she was done to give her a christmas kiss.

As soon as Sumner started opening his presents, she started into hers. The umbrella was amazing, and the handbag was just unreal! Then she started to unzip the bag and pulled out all sorts of makeup and hair clips. She was in shock, loving everything. Then she pulled out the picture and couldn't help but laugh. "Sumner! I love it! All of this is amazing. Thank you so much!" Leaning forward, she placed a gentle kiss on his lips. "I, um, have one more present for you." Biting her lip, she climbed out of bed and went to her messanger bag. She squated down and pulled out a smaller box, wrapped ever so carefully. Please let this work, she prayed silently, closing her eyes.

Crossing back to her bed, she placed the small box in his hands. Lily sat on the bed next to him, leaning on his arm to watch him open and explain what it was.

Sumner enjoyed every expression that crossed her face, laughing as she showed how much she loved everything. He'd never tell her or anyone else how he'd bankrupted his bank account for this Christmas. He'd worry about cash when he got back to school. Maybe his dad had some odd jobs he needed done. He returned the small kiss, regretful it was shortlived until she returned with another box. Wait, another present? "Wow Lily, I really liked everything! You didn't have to get me-," he trailed off, pausing as he had unwrapped the box and carefully took out the small mirror. He felt the faint pulse of magic from them. No muggle items was this! He loved the almost invisible pulse that magic gave off, like a tingle in the skin. Puzzled though, he looked at her with a quirky grin. "What is it?"

Lily smiled at Sumner's confusion. "Well, I am hoping this is going to work. It took me a lot to get this figured out, but, if you notice, this one has a Durmstrang crest. Its mate has a Ravenclaw crest..." she paused for a moment, then continued. "The other one is in the hands of someone that I think you might like to talk to. Open it up." Once the mirror opened, it made a little chime like noise, just loud enough for them to hear, and vibrated just a moment. The mate did the same at the opposite end. Lily held her breath as she waited for the other person to respond. Suddenly, there he was. Avery. He was speaking in very hushed tones, but his voice carried through the mirror to their ears. Lily relaxed. It worked! She couldn't help but smile as she watched for Sumner's reaction.

Sumner slanted her a glance, humoring her as he opened it carefully. For someone so book smart, he didn't catch on until he saw the blond haired boy staring back at him. His breath sucked painfully into his throat, pain exploded within his heart and his hands began to shake. Tears welled in his eyes and coursed down his cheeks, unchecked and unimpeded.

"Hi Sumner! Merry Christmas!" Avery waved at him from his end, beaming at the older boy who he hadn't seen in nearly a year. "Your girlfriend's so cool! She owled me this and said we could talk whenever we want to!" He talked a mile a minute, excitedly about his new life at Durmstrang and how it was so much cooler than anything he'd ever heard of Hogwarts. "Hey. Why are you crying?" His straight nose, Bertram's nose, wrinkled, his hazel eyes becoming confused. "When are you coming home? Mom's being all weird. I know not to say anything about this though!" He practically bounced on his bed in excitement at keeping such a huge secret. He liked breaking rules.

Taking a deep breath, using the hem of his shirt to wipe his face, he fought the tears back. His chin trembled and his voice was shaky and gruff. "Mer-Merry Christmas squirt." He tried to muster his best loving sneer for the boy but it came out a weak smile instead. "I'm just happy to see you is all. I've got uh," he grabbed the tissue Lily handed him and wiped his nose, beginning to laugh. "I'm meeting with scouts," he lied, "one of them said they represented the Falcons. How cool would that be for your big brother to bash some heads for them eh?"

They talked for nearly an hour before their mum's voice called for them. Sumner flinched and even though he knew she had hurt him, disowned him, he wanted to see her. He missed his mother, loved her and this separation hurt him more than anything in his life ever could. They said goodbye, Avery wishing Lily Merry Christmas too. Then the connection was severed, the mirror closed and Sumner buried his face in his hands and sobbed.

Lily was so excited that the gift worked. She and Avery had tried it out before she wrapped it up, but she was so scared that their mom would find it and take it away from Avery before she even got to give it to Sumner. His brother was so cute and so excited to talk to Sumner. She could tell that Sumner was excited too, and that it made him a bit sad. She sat next to him, snuggled to his side while he talked with his brother, handing over tissues as needed.

After the conversation, Lily was not surprised that Sumner began to sob. She knew just how hard this all was on him, but hoped that things would be a bit better since he had his brother back now, well, in a way. Rubbing his back, Lily laid her head down on his shoulder blade, giving him as much comfort as she could. It was all that she could do at the moment. She held onto him and waited for him.

Sumner let it out but thankfully it didn't last long. Joy and sorrow bit at him, each sharp edged and digging deep. He wiped his face, blew his nose and used a few moments of silence to collect himself. Turning, he wrapped his arms around Lily and buried his face in her neck. Something gave within him, opening itself up, to her, only to her. Pulling back, he cupped her face in his hands and stared into her eyes. "Thank you." His lips pressed to hers.

Lily closed her eyes as Sumner wrapped his arms around her. She knew then that he was happy with what she was able to give him. His brother. As he cupped her face, her eyes opened and she was barely able to whisper, "You're welcome" before his lips were on hers. She deepened the kiss, moving her hands from his back to his hair. How she loved to play with his hair, especially while they were kissing. She could feel herself opening up to him in a way that she had only opened up for Blake -- her heart. She pushed her feelings aside. It was just not possible, not allowed! She could not be falling for him. No. It had to be the holiday. Yeah, that was it. That had to be it.

Pulling back, she rested her forehead on his. "Merry Christmas," she whispered softly.

"Merry Christmas Lily," he pulled back, smiling into her eyes. "We should go downstairs, see if the old folk are up." He stood up from the bed and placed his large hands on his slim hips. "Think they'll have breakfast ready?" he grinned, his mind moving from his confusing feelings for her to a more safe subject; his stomach.

Lily felt a bit of a loss as Sumner stood from the bed, but knew he was right. If they were alone too much longer, that would not be the only present he would be getting that morning. Moving from the bed to slip on her slippers and her robe, she tied it tightly and then smiled at her guy. "I sure hope so. I just realized that I am starving. Plus, I need to find some chocolate someplace. Nothing like chocolate on Christmas Morning." She smirked and the crossed the room to Sumner. She stretched up and placed a quick kiss on his lips then moved away quickly to the door. "Race you!" she said, sticking her tongue out and taking off down the hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back