Give Me a Chance

Chavdar Zhefarovich

Wand
Poisonwood 14 3/4" Core of Basilisk Fang and Ebony 14" Core of Chimera Scale
After getting Hadan to watch her children, and his, Chavdar Zhefarovich found himself at a local grocery store. It was rather common that Chavdar was dressed in a casual manner, since he was needing some groceries. He had a huge family to feed. A family of seven, eight when Sergei was home. Chavdar was really proud that his son was sorted into Slytherin, even though he had no idea where he himself would have been sorted if he were around Hogwarts at the time. He was sure that the hat’s decision in one area was the same in the other. It would be cool to see where he would have fit into, but he never got the opportunity, since he was sent to go to Durmstrang, learn all about the Dark Arts which he eventually gave into. He was glad that he did since he no longer had the inner turmoil. Chavdar was perfectly happy now, and he was going through life easier. He was the father to seven kids, and looked after Hadan and Miriah like they were his own as well, even if they had their mother and a new step-father. Mainly because Chavdar looked a lot scarier than Nicolas did with his bulk size anyway. Chavdar was the second largest Zhefarovich in his family, with sheer mass alone, yet not with his height. He was not the shortest either, but he was still shorter than some of the others. Because of his size, it made Chavdar a force to be reckoned with. There was just one little issue with that. Chavdar did not act nearly as evil and mean as he looked. In fact, he was a gentleman, for the most part. He did have that dark side hidden within, that came out when he was angry enough, but otherwise he was normally perfectly calm with a cold voice that he could lighten to sound somewhat friendly if he really focused on it. He was a superb father as well, and that was why he was shopping in here today.

It wasn't like they'd go hungry right now, because he would never let that happen. Chavdar just needed some more dinners to get through the week. The first time he was shopping for the twins some items, he was at a loss without help. But now Chavdar was a pro. With his youngest set of twins at five, five years since the divorce, Chavdar felt like he was completely ready to become a bachelor. Sure, he wanted to date some more, but he never got the time. Plus having seven kids might scare away the women. Chavdar couldn't help it. Twins just really ran in his family. All of his children excluding one had the same mother too. So it was not like he was the bad guy in this. All of them were under his care. Sighing, Chavdar got a cart and he went to the fruits and vegetables. He was learning to cook better thanks to his brother, Axel. Chavdar was spending more time with Axel than any other sibling. It was once Prodan before Prodan went off the deep end and moved to Greece. But Chavdar was all right with that. He currently handled the greens that he was looking for, and he could tell that some of these were not the best of the pick. He put them to the side so that the people that cleaned this up would be able to find the ones to throw away. He found some good sets of cucumbers and he stashed them in a little bag before moving on with some more greens in mind.

Emerald Pisces entered the local grocery store and sighed. This was her first time grocery shopping all by herself and had no idea where to begin. This was usually Callisto's thing. Callisto did the grocery shopping, the cooking, and the cleaning. Emerald usually worked and brought the money into the family so they could have more than what they made just off the vineyard. But ever since Emerald quit her job, her sister seemed to think that meant that Emerald needed to learn how to do these duties. Emerald quit her job because she wanted to focus on maybe starting a family. Callisto was starting to get cozy with some guy named Grezhen, and that scared her that she was going to wind up being alone. Isabella was at school, and Callisto had a man. Emerald was the oldest yet she was probably the furthest from really doing anything with her life. Emerald became scared that she would either die because of her job, or that she would be so busy that she would never find time to find someone she wanted to spend her life with. Emerald had already been left at the alter once, and she was very weary of doing it again. What if she had heart broken by another jerk? Emerald grabbed a cart and started down the first aisle. Callisto kept trying to tell Emerald that if she ever wanted to impress a man, she needed to learn how to do this stuff. Emerald wasn't sure why, but it must have been important. If only it wasn't so boring. Emerald had no idea what she needed to buy, or how to get the best deals. In fact, she even tried to explain this to Callisto several times. Apparently her younger sister thought she would be able to manage grocery shopping on her own just fine though.

"This really sucks." Emerald thought to herself as she carefully scanned all the food for something she thought looked appetizing. Emerald grabbed a couple of random cans and tossed them into the cart. Then she grabbed a couple more and threw them in too. Emerald hated this. What was she supposed to buy? She barely knew how to cook. If Emerald had to live on her own, she would probably have to live off of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Emerald was far from being a savvy chef, or someone who could clean really well. Callisto had been helping her do it since their mother had died. Emerald never really needed to use those skills, so how was she expected to learn them so suddenly. "This is probably why I'm still single." Emerald muttered to herself as she grabbed a package of noodles and also threw them in the cart. Her choices in food made no sense. If one were to look inside the cart to see what she had put inside, they would think a child was shopping instead of her. Emerald rounded the corner and gasped in shocked when her cart collided with someone else's. "Crap, sorry!" Emerald dropped her head, not bothering to look due to embarrassment. Aside from not being able to do simple grocery shopping, she also seemed to have trouble not killing anyone in the process either. As Emerald lifted her eyes, her mouth fell open. "Chavdar?" She was surprised to see him here. It had been so long since they had bumped into one another. They had their one date, and then that was it. Was he grocery shopping too? Emerald looked down at her own cart and flushed. This was so freaking embarrassing!

Chavdar was rethinking what he had managed to get himself into. Owning a business and hiring only family sometimes proved to backfire. Leviathan was not the best worker. Oh well, he would live with his decision. Chavdar continued to shop for all of his children. He had so many, he did not know how long all of this food would last. Maybe three days. He started to go through some of the aisles slowly knowing full and well what he was looking for down the aisles. How could he not know what he was looking for? It was then when he was about to go into another aisle, his cart crashed with another's person's cart. He heard a familiar voice and he looked up to see Emerald Pisces. She used to work at the Ministry before he went his own way. He was warned to keep away from the Pisces after Iulian, but Chavdar was instantly drawn into Emerald. She was beautiful, and she seemed sweet. Sure, their first meeting was not exactly nice, but he remembered afterward. She seemed comfortable with the amount of food that he consumed in front of her when they went for a lunch date with pizza. He swallowed hard and he saw that she was shopping too. He could not believe that she was shopping here! Why would she shop at the same time that he would? Surely this was not a set up by another person. Chavdar blushed and he murmured, "Oh my god, Emerald..." His voice was soft, and he was just shocked. He was probably a mess right now. His cart was almost full of food mainly for meals and snacks for children. Oh now this was definitely embarrassing. What could he do? He could not magically hide it either. Now he was blushing. She was really beautiful though. She could light up the entire store!

His eyes drifted down to her cart, and from what he saw, it seemed like she was in worse shape than he was. Did she know what she was shopping for? From what he saw in her cart, he would have to disagree. Chavdar decided to smile and he said, "Um, I guess you are shopping. But, well, are you shopping for? Maybe I can help you out?" Chavdar should not be offering a Pisces some help, but he was going to make sure that he was going to keep her around, friend or not. What could he really do outside of places like this? He had no idea on how to contact her outside! Plus he did not even know where she worked at. She was blushing too, and she looked really cute when she was blushing like that. Chavdar wanted to ask her so many questions, but he did not want to scare her away. That was the last thing that he wanted to do. She seemed like a really nice woman, and he was going to hang out with her, one way or another. She seemed like she was a little lost too. There had to be some way that he could help her out. "By the way, how have you been?" He gave her a charming smile, one that was full of shyness. He was really shy normally, but he had already spoken to her every now and then over the last several years. He would love to talk to her more. Maybe this was his change to really get out of his shell around her.

Emerald wasn't surprised that Chavdar figured out that she had no idea what she was doing. By the mixture of items she had in her cart that was still fairly empty, pretty much anyone would be able to tell that she had no idea what she was shopping for. Emerald glanced into Chavdar's cart as casually as she could to see how he was doing with his little shopping trip. Immediately she felt embarrassed. Inside he had a variety of vegetables, meats, and even common household items that one might need from time to time. How was it that a single man like Chavdar was able to shop more efficiently than she was? "It's because you clearly lack the good feminine qualities...remember?" Emerald's conscience rudely reminded her. Chavdar offered to help her out too, which Emerald knew would be beneficial to her and this entire trip itself, but she was really embarrassed. How on earth was she supposed to explain why she was even shopping to begin with. Emerald looked down at her cart once more and figured out that she had better just explain what was going on and why she was here. All she could do though was pray that she wouldn't get laughed at by Chavdar after she had told him. "My sister is the one that usually does the shopping. But she has a boyfriend and said she wanted to spend the day with him, and told me that it was time that I learn how to do this for myself. Well I've never ever been Grocery shopping before, so I have no idea what I'm doing. Or what kinds of foods go in dishes. I don't know how to cook either." Emerald confessed to Chavdar. She confessed how she didn't know how to cook or even the basic concepts of grocery shopping were foreign to her.

"I'm okay, I quit my job recently because I wanted to possibly work on settling down and starting a family but...I just recently realized that I'm not cut out for this at all. But, if you'd be willing to help me shop and figure out what to get, maybe I can return home with some of my dignity still in tact." In the end Emerald agreed to let him help her, mostly because she had to come home with something edible. If she didn't her sister would kill her. Plus it gave Emerald the chance to get out and talk to someone other than people whom she was related to. "So how have you been? If you don't mind me asking, how is it that a single guy like yourself seemingly knows so much about shopping and such things?" Emerald wasn't making fun of him or anything. She was only curious as to how he managed to learn such a skill. Did he used to go grocery shopping with his ex-wife or something? That would make sense. Or was he naturally good at stuff like this? Emerald glanced down the grocery aisle closest to her and wondered if Chavdar would really be able to help her. It didn't seem likely, but there was no use in trying to judge before she knew the actual answer. Emerald just hoped that in the end she wouldn't get laughed at for being bad at this. Despite the fact that it was something a lot of females seemingly knew how to do, she was sure that she wasn't the only one out there that completely stunk when it came to things most women knew how to do.

Chavdar thought that what Emerald was doing was rather cute, but he would not blame her either way. Emerald was a surprising person. Chavdar was used to doing the shopping and cooking since he was a single father after Sofya, but he was glad that he was rid of her and her cheating ways. And now he had his eyes on Emerald, but there was the whole Pisces thing, and he knew that he would end up in some bad news too. Chavdar sighed and he thought about it, and he figured that just friends would have to do, and that it would not do any sort of harm. Emerald explained that her sister was the one that does the shopping. She was spending the day with her boyfriend, and Chavdar would have to agree with her sister. She would have to learn eventually for her future family. She did not even know how to cook. Chavdar could not help but chuckle, and he replied, "Well, you are lucky I am here then. It would be easier if you were living with someone that could do it and was not busy so you did not have to. Maybe I should teach you sometime, since I am a master by now." He had to be for his kids. The thing he did not want was his kids being taken from him, and then they would be suffering without the proper guidance. Chavdar was teaching them how to be proper young adults, and to never break a person’s trust. That was something that Chavdar had to learn the hard way. He never broke it, but he had to go through the ordeal. He did not want his children to ever suffer that. Chavdar looked over at Emerald before he smiled a bit at her. She was adorable because she did not know how to cook or go shopping for food.

She had quit her job recently, and it was strange that he had done the same thing. She wanted to settle down and start a family. That was responsible, but he did not know what her job had to do with it (he did not know about her being an Auror) so he did not question it out of respect. "It just takes some practice. You will get the hang of it in no time. If your sister gave you a list, it would be easier to follow. You will find yourself with plenty of free time to settle down and start a family now that you quit your job." It made it seem like he had known what she had done in the workforce but he truly did not. She asked him how he had been, and then asked how it was that a single guy like him knew how to shop and such. Chavdar blushed a bit since he had not told her that he had like, eight mouths to feed including his own. Right now he had plenty for himself, but his children on the other hand needed healthier foods. They needed the vegetables. He would tell her the truth, but not the entire truth. "I had to learn since I am a single father raising several children. The last thing I wanted was to let them starve, you know? I had to quickly learn responsibility." Chavdar remembered the first time he went shopping, he was at a loss. But now, he was very good at it, and could write a book on how to raise a child. He did not see Vladimir much though, since he was training to be Head of the family.

Emerald was fairly embarrassed, women were supposed to know how to do this whole shopping deal and here she was clueless as can be. "Would you be willing to help me out this one time, then? I'm learn things pretty quick so hopefully I'll learn something today and won't have to bother you about it again." Emerald was hoping that Chavdar would take pity on her and help her out. Callisto would be furious if she saw that Emerald had come home with no groceries. How on earth did her sister expect her to get anything done when Emerald was never really taught to do this sort of thing? Even when they were younger, Callisto was the one that had gone with their mother to the grocery store. Emerald stayed home since she usually got bored halfway through the store anyways. Callisto may want to spend more time with the new guy in her life since she was never really into a guy like this before, but that didn't mean she was suddenly allowed to throw this sort of thing on Emerald. Especially since she wanted it done the right way. "I'm not going to lie, I'd be a pretty crappy housewife. I don't know how to cook, clean, sew, any of that stuff really. My sister didn't give me a list either. I think she has too much faith in me sometimes." Callisto even left the dish ideas up to Emerald as well, so the redhead had nothing to go on, other than the fact that she should probably plan for Grezhen too since he was always at the house now. So that meant, lots of mean and veggies if possible. Chavdar was a big buy though, Emerald could only figure that he ate a lot of meat to keep that large physique of his.

Emerald's green eyes widened at the mention of him having several children. Although she and Chavdar had been on speaking terms for quite some time, he had never mentioned his children much. "Several children? How do you manage to take care of that many kids? Let alone shop for all of them?! I tried to settle down once. It was going really well until he left me at the altar. I've been a bit bitter ever since." Emerald confessed. She once thought a family was in the works for her, until her wedding day was ruined by the very man she was supposed to marry. Emerald was sure that she was going to try again one day, but her bitterness made it a lot harder than she ever would have hoped. "When I was young-still in school actually, my parents died. As the oldest, I immediately took to looking for a job so I could support my sisters. Callisto took to being the mother since she was good at that anyways. She was barely fourteen at the time. My brother's....Iulian and Seth abandoned us. We haven't heard from them in years. So I know what you mean by having to learn responsibility fast. It sucks sometimes." Not in all cases though. Emerald was sure that Chavdar loved his children, and didn't mind the responsibility. But Emerald had her responsibility forced upon her, and she hated it. During her last year of school, she was forced to leave and continue her schooling at home, while managing a part-time job and assisting with her family's vineyards whenever possible. Emerald smiled lightly, letting Chavdar know that she had come to accept her fate though, by this point she had learned to live with the cards she was dealt.

Chavdar looked at Emerald when she asked him to help her with this one time, and how she was a quick learner. It took Chavdar several years before he mastered the art of shopping, so hopefully he can show her the ropes and she would catch it quicker than he could. "Of course! I could never pass up someone in need of some help. Shame you are a quick learner, we could have made this a weekly thing." Chavdar blushed at his own comment and wondered if it was inappropriate to want to spend time with her, even at a grocery store. It just felt so human, something that he loved to feel. Being in a family like his, sometimes the humanity was wiped out clean, and with Chavdar, he was one of those that loved feeling happy, that wanted to love and be loved in return. He did not know many in the family that wanted that. Pleasure on another hand, that was entirely different. He could not resist but laughing deeply when she said that she would be a pretty crappy housewife since she did not know how to cook, clean, sew or anything like that. And her sister did not give her a list either, so she was helpless here at the store. Looking down at her cart, and then looking at his, he wondered what all she needed. He knew where many items were in the store. He grinned, "Maybe, if you want to get married in the future, you should marry a man that could take up the role as a housewife. Anyway, did your sister tell you anything she had to have?" Meals were a bit general, so he was wondering if there was more underneath somewhere.

"Lots of practice. My son Vulcan came into his magic really early. He kept setting the curtains on fire somehow. Just a learning process. Well, did I ever tell you that my wife cheated on me, and left me for another man? Then dropped off our remaining children on the doorstep. Not seen her since. I’ve been bitter since too..." Perhaps they could both help each other out when it came to being bitter over the lost loves. "But my daughter once told me that you have to keep your head of high. Someone will come along to treat you right." Isadora was lovely like that, and thought that she looked quite a bit like his grandmother. Emerald told him her life story, and he listened. All he wanted to do now was just hug her and tell her that everything will be fine. She was the oldest so she had to take on the responsibility. The brothers left her and he shook his head. He could not believe those guys. But some would do that. He reached out and placed a hand on her shoulder, and he smiled, "Now I think your sisters appreciate everything you have done. I think it is time to find what you really want in life, and make it happen. I finally got my dream shop, even after the hard times. I know you can accomplish it too." Chavdar dropped his hand from her shoulder, and then wondered how a grocery trip turned into a very serious conversation. Whatever it was, he liked it.

"That doesn't mean we can't be shopping buddies or something. I could always use some company at a place like this." Emerald wasn't sure why, but the Grocery store seemed really lonely to her. Nothing but aisle's of food and annoying elevator music. Having someone to talk to and actually discuss things with would make her shopping trips a little bit more bearable. Plus, Emerald was pretty sure that once Callisto saw how well she had done while shopping, she would make her go again and again. Emerald glanced at cookies that she and Prodan seemed to keep passing by and finally decided to throw a box in her cart, to which she shrugged afterwards. A box of cookies couldn't hurt could it? "Find a man who could do all that would be really nice, but they're so hard to find. Plus when you do find them, they're always married. Wrecking a marriage is the last thing I would ever want either." Emerald would never want to cause a family to break apart. But at the same time, she wished there were more men around who would be willing to cook and sew a couple of things while the woman of the family went to work. Hell, the man could even work too so long as he helped out around the house too.

"Wow, that's horrible. People really suck sometimes. I'm sorry to hear that someone would be mean enough to do that." Emerald felt bad for him and his kids. That was just a mean thing to do. For once she felt like she and Chavdar were both on the same page. They both experienced what it was like to have the love that they felt shoved in right back into their face, after they put so much work into it. Hopefully the kids weren't too affected by what had happened that day either. Poor babies didn't need such an awful thing happening to them at such a young age. "The problem is, I don't really know what I want to do with my life. I know I was sort of dome with my job, but now I don't know where mu calling is." Emerald shrugged her shoulders and sighed. They were now by the fruits and vegetables, and Emerald knew that she needed to do something with her life instead of just sitting down and doing nothing from day to day.

1. Chavdar almost blushed when she said that she could use some company at a place like this. He would love to become shopping buddies with her. He looked over at her, and figured that they should exchange something to know when to meet up and whatnot. "I think that can be arranged. I would actually be honored to be your shopping buddy. After all, you seem like a really nice lady." He was complimenting her, and blushing as he did so. It was very un-Zhefarovich like to be this awkward with women, and nervous to boot. Most had this libido about them, but Chavdar was born without it. There was not much he could do except hope that she would not insult him and whatnot. He did chuckle when she got herself a box of cookies. "Not that I am trying to advertise myself and all, but I can do all that, and I am definitely not married. However I do not blame you. I hope to find a lovely woman to accept my past but I am afraid that she might be married right now, or just nonexistent." Chavdar was not really looking that much anymore. He was more concerned with raising his bunch of kids and his potion shop. Did he have time to swoon a woman too? Maybe if she could work in the potion shop with him...

"Do not be sorry. I believe that when one door closes, another opens. In time that is. I am just glad that my kids stopped asking me where their mom was. That was harder than her leaving me," Chavdar shrugged, his heart knowingly belonged more to the kids than the mother ever would have. Sofya was just not a good person, and he dreaded ever meeting her. He did not dread his babies though. They were his everything. Then she said that she did not know what to do with her life, and how she was done with her job, but she did not know where her calling was. Chavdar looked over at the fruits and grabbed a few as he thought about the right words to tell her. "What you should do is think about what you love doing, and some trial and error things could occur. It took me months to figure out my calling. Maybe we can meet up again and I can help you find yours." Would she take up his offer? He hoped so, since they were grocery shopping together. It was fairly cool to him too.

Emerald wanted to laugh when Chavdar stated that she seemed like a really nice lady. For someone as attractive as he was, he didn't seem to be that good with women. His comment was something akin to what a young boy might say to one of his mother's friends. "A really nice lady, huh? Well that's one I've never heard before. Thanks!" Maybe he just didn't want to flirt with her. No issue with that though, Emerald would press the issue. Her statement was true though, it was one of the nicest things said about her. When she was an Auror, she often got more harsh words thrown her way than anything. Criminals were rarely ever nice once caught. Emerald noticed that Chavdar had laughed at her when she threw a bad of cookies into the cart. That probably wasn't the best idea but she couldn't fight the urge to not throw them into the cart. She was a sucker for sweets. "Wait, so you're like the male equivalent to a housewife? I mean with the skills and everything? How are you still single?" A man who could cook and clean, and was good with the kids was usually the type of man that women just ate up. Plus it didn't hurt that he was quite handsome either. So why didn't that man have a ring on his finger right now?

"Wow, a little part of me died inside when you mentioned that. Those poor kids." That vaguely reminded her of Isabella and how it took her years to realize that their parents had died and that they weren't coming back. Those poor kids. It wasn't fair for kids to have to try and get along without a parent in their life. Emerald didn't understand how a mother could just abandon her babies like that. Didn't some part of her feel some guilt for what she was doing? Emerald knew that she certain would. "Well if you'd be willing to tolerate me for longer than I see no reason why the two of us couldn't hang out every once and awhile. It'd be nice to have a friend. A lot of my older friends and I lost touch." Emerald thought it would be cool to have a friend once again. At least then she would have someone that she could talk to. Maybe not about boys, but Chavdar also seemed like he could be a pretty good listener when he wanted to be.

Chavdar wanted to be really good with women, but somehow, he just was not. He wanted to have the smooth skills, but Emerald seemed to like the fact that she was a nice lady, and how she had never heard of that before. How in the world had she never heard of that before? Chavdar wanted her to know that she was perhaps the nicest lady he had ever met, and that she was beautiful, but it failed to come out of his mouth. Instead, he said, "How have you not heard that before?" Chavdar was concerned since she must have been around some dangerous people. Or just mean overall. "I find that hard to believe since you have showed me nothing but kindness. Your personality matches your appearance in my eyes, and that is pretty amazing." Chavdar wondered if that was one of the lines or something that Axel or Benjamen would have used. Whatever the case, he just knew what he felt and he had a little crush on Emerald. When asked how he was still single, he looked down at the floor for a moment and said, "I never opened up since my last one, afraid that history will repeat itself. I do not want to put myself and my kids through that." Chavdar was being sincere with that, and he wanted to open himself up, but he was just so scared to.

The potions shop owner nodded a bit and he added, "Imagine how it was when it was constant." Chavdar really hated that his kids had to go through something that horrible, but he could survive one of these days. Chavdar did the best that he could, and while he did not get to raise Sergei and Vladimir completely, he knew that he did the best that he could and gave them what they needed for support. Chavdar felt that their needs were met. "I am willing to tolerate you for as long as it takes. Most of my family scared off my friends and my kids take up a lot of my time. If you do not mind children, then maybe you can come over and I can cook us something?" This was as close as a date that Chavdar was able to ask since he was tied down as of the moment. He hoped that she might even say yes to him. It would be nice if they could hang out that way. He listened fairly well, so he was positive that he could meet her needs when it came to hanging out with her.

As much as Emerald wanted to deny that she was usually called other things, much meaner things, she wasn't really all that fond of lying to people. Chavdar was a kind and caring soul so he would probably be against calling her such names himself. "Honestly, I'm not always as nice as I am right now. I'm known for my stern nature." Emerald used to have a job where it wasn't exactly easy to be smiling and happy all of the time to begin with, but it was mostly her past that made her a little bit on the grouchy side. The red head had known nothing but working to support her sisters most of her life. "I don't know if you've forgotten, but the first time we met I wasn't so nice to you." Did he forget all about the drink fiasco? Emerald knew she never would be able to, mostly because of how unusual it was. One of these days she needed to meet the brother responsible for such a meeting between the two. Hopefully he never intended to do it again though, because Emerald refused to ever let herself get that upset and confused at the same time, ever again.

"Maybe someday they'll have another mother figure in their life. One who won't leave those poor dears hanging." Emerald had no idea how old Chav's kids were, or what their names were. But she did know that he had a lot of them. Then again, they may never need a mother figure around the house to get by. Chavdar seemed like he had this family life thing down pretty well. He and Callisto both had a natural talent for taking care of other people. Maybe they should be friends or something? They have more in common than Chav and Emerald did, that was for sure. "Come over to your house for dinner, hmm? Sounds awesome. Is that your way of asking me out on a date?" Emerald grinned. A date sounded nice, but it was hard to tell if that was his actual intention, or if he was just trying to be a decent guy. Either way having someone else than Callisto cook for her sounded so very inviting to Emerald. It wasn't like she had anything better to do anymore. Quitting her job had brought her many ups and downs the past week, but so far the good was definitely outweighing the bad.

She informed him that she was once known for her stern nature, but he did not see it. She was nice. Chavdar could see the good in her, and was delighted to know that she was nice right now. He thought that he would see her more. Perhaps, anyway. "Everyone has a past. I used to be much meaner. But, everything is better now." He did wonder why she was stern and now, she did not seem so much, unless she was hiding it. He would not have minded that. He chuckled when they first met at the Ministry. That was something. Benjamen, he still needed to jump on him for that. "Oh yeah, I remember. I have yet to talk to Benjamen about that." It was not something he would likely forget anytime soon. He wondered if she wanted to talk to Benjamen about it. He would not blame Emerald if she did. He would actually want to be there. "I'm not really looking right now. The person one will come along in time." His several children would have the mother they deserved one day. Though, technically, he was like a mother and a father to them. Chavdar did all the cooking and cleaning.

Emerald seemed to catch on that he was asking her out on a date. He definitely was. He reached behind his head and he grinned somewhat awkwardly, "Uh, yeah, I guess it is." But she said that it sounded awesome, so that had to mean that she wanted to, right? She wanted to go out with him? Chavdar could not believe that he was getting back into the dating world, just from going to a grocery store. He took a step back as he flushed and knocked into an aisle. Something bumped from the top of the shelf and fell down into his hands, and he turned blood red. It was basically the item that Chavdar should have used when he was married and produced as many children. He looked at Emerald and he could not show any words for how embarrassed he was. He quickly tossed the box up to the top of the shelf and he really wanted to leave the aisle. They were in some sort of awkward aisle indeed. "Um, Emerald, please don't mention what happened just now. Ever." He looked toward the section that had what landed in his arms just moments ago, before looking back at Emerald. Well, that was awkward. Ask a woman out and something like that falls into his arms.

"You used to be mean? I refuse to believe that." Chavdar was about as gentle as a moose. Mostly cause like the moose, boy was he built. He seemed much too sweet to have ever been considered as mean though. Then again, people change. "Cool. If you give me your address I can come over Saturday night?" After the day was confirmed and the address was exchanged, Emerald stuck the piece of paper in her pocket and readied herself to leave. If she stayed too long her sister would begin to get suspicious and then Emerald would never hear the end of it. Just before she left though, Chavdar managed to have a small clumsy moment and wound up with a box of contraceptives in his hands. Emerald laughed, more for the look on his face than what he was holding. How cute was that? "I won't tell a soul. Promise! I need to be going though, my sister will start to worry. I'll see you Saturday Chavdar." Emerald bid the man a quick goodbye then turned her kart so she could wander up to the front to pay for her groceries. Thankfully Chav had helped her enough to where she got a lot of good stuff. Needless to say though, she was excited for the first day she has had in a long time. Hopefully his kids wouldn't mind their dad bringing a new lady around.
Fin.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back