Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Aspen Wand 12 1/2" Dragon Heartstring Core
Cyzarine would’ve of course loved to attend the yuleball with her boyfriend, but with him not being at the school for a while now she knew that wasn’t an option. The alternative she had was one she was pretty grateful for. Selene was a good friend, a good person, someone that Cyzarine was glad she had gotten to know over the last few years of school. They were good friends and she hoped they would continue to be when they went off and forged their own paths after school. She had put on a fancy dress for the yuleball, she had had one picked out for a while and it was nice to make a big effort and get dress for the celebration. She was rather eager too to see how Selene would dress. Her friend was beautiful and had such amazing choices of dress she was rather eager. She was waiting, standing at the side of the hall as things were kicking off, waiting for Selene to arrive. She hoped the other girl was ready for all the dancing that Cyzarine intended for them to do.

Selene was looking forward to the ball. she had signed up for the blind dates as she had enjoyed them very much last year. and when she had seen the pairings she had been surprised with who she had been partnered with. her good friend. she wasn't sure what to make of the date but had spent a while getting ready. she had even straightened her hair for it which was something she almost never did. it took far too long and wasn't good for the hair anyway. besides, she liked her curls. she made her way down the stairs to the great hall adjusting the front of her jumpsuit. how had she ever been talked into deciding on this. it was pretty that was for sure. all white and flowing from the shoulders. but it was also so low cut. the neck line practically showed her belly button. and while the outfit was pretty she wasn't. but she wanted to look good for cyzarine so she had gone with it even if it made her feel just a little uncomfortable.
once she reached the great hall I didnt take her long to see her date. she walked over to czarina who was outfitted in a stunning little black dress with cushion sleeves. "Good evening Cyzarine, may I have this ball" she said offering her friend a short string of jasmine on a white satin ribbon that she could have worn as a corsage or in her hair if it had been up. jasmine was selenes second favourite flower coming injust behind honeysuckle. she licked plants that bloomed at night and filled the dark air with their aroma. she had picked jasmine as the white of the flowers would match whatever colour cyzarine had decided ts wear and would also go with her white outfit.

Cyzarine smiled at Selene as she joined her, "You may!" she grinned happily, she took the flower that it was handed to her. "this is beautiful," She put it on her wrist and then looked at Selene. "You are beautiful!" she complimented with ease. Selene had worn a really pretty dress. She liked it all. "Let's dance," She held out her hand to the other girl. "I hope you are ready to dance," She giggled lightly. She couldn't wait to have a fun time with Selene.

Selene couldnt help but smile as cyzarine looked at her and complimented her, that was what she loved about cyzarine she was always polite. she was even always looked sincere when she complimented her. even if she knew her friend was just being polite it made her feel good. she wasn't beautiful at best she would describe herself as quirky looking. her outfit was pretty so that is probably what cyzarine meant "Thank you. you are outshining everyone like always." she said.
she took cyzariend hand as she offered it "sounds like fun so long as I don't lose my top" she said adjusting the front of her jumpsuit absentmindedly with her free hand as they made their way towards the dance floor. the music was good, it was actually a song she recognised and knew quite well. she wasn't sure what she should do once they reached it. she figured she shouldn't let go of cyzarine's hand but should she take the other on so they were standing in a loop. should she put her arm around her or just keep holding one hand. she decided to let the Gryffindor decide and just started to sway to the music dancing but not fully dancing.

Cyzarine gave a wave as Selene complimented her. She didn't think that was sure. She looked at Selene's outfit, she just nodded but they went to go dance. She kept a hold of Selene's hand aas she danced to the music, it was a bit different to their dancing at the club. "Bit different from the celebration at the medley, right?" Cyzarine joked speaking loudly over the music.

selene was glad that hse made the right decision to keep hold of cyzarines hand she felt the music in crease her confidence and started to dance a little moe comfortably. "Yeah. a lot less crowded and a lot less loud" she said. whilst the ball was a lot less formal than balls of old. it had the basic principal of allowing them to dance but also allowing them to sit and eat and hat if they wanted to so the music wasn;t too loud. it was better than the medley. the combination of sounds lights, cramped in people and alcohol had given her a splitting headache after the club.

Cyzarine laughed lightly at the statement. "Very true," she agreed, it was less crowded, this was a much bigger space, it was a lot less loud too, which probably all came back to simply this place being bigger. "I guess we'll have to get used to that, I'm sure we're unlikely to end up in halls like these once we graduate," she wasn't sure about Selene, but she had no intention of teaching. She thought it was a fine job, not one she was interested in doing.

selene smiled as Cyzarine said that they would unlikely end up in such fine halls. "I might. she said. "I don't plan on finishing studying this year, and I might try and teach" . she wanted to learn more about history or archaeology. which may be needing a course at a muggle university, some of them were as old as the building of this school. "what do you want to do next year? she asked as she danced realising that she didn't actually know what cyzarines plans were

Cyzarine nodded, she planned to go teach, Cyzarine wasn’t sure what to make of it but perhaps she was just more interested in teaching that Cyzarine was. Who had never entertained the idea. ”I don’t know exactly, but me and Mihail are gonna do something.” Cyzarine said with a little smile. It would be odd to not come back to this place after graduating. ”I’m going to miss this school, I thought by seventh year I’d be bored of it, but I think I will really miss it,” She admitted.

Selene nodded when cyzarine said that she didn't know what she wanted to do. just then there was a change in the tempo of the music as the beat dropped and she cyzarine around before untwisting themselves by spinning herself. "It don't matter where you go. you will be awesome at it. and at the end of the day so long as you are happy and have enough to stop you from going hungry" she said. she was hoping to get closer with thackery. she liked him and she was pretty sure he liked her too. she had planned on going to salem to see him this holiday before things fell though so now she was spending it at the school which was probably a good thing given that she was head girl and all.
Selene looked around the school as her friend said she would miss it. "Yeah it has been home for so long it will be weird not to come back next September. some of the professors feel like second parents now" she said thinking about professor josephs. her head of house and all round favorite professor.

Cyzarine gave a little giggle. "Here's to hoping!" Cyzarine agreed excitedly. Though of course the unknown of what was next and if it would succeed was pretty real, she was pretty eager to get out there and give it a try. The gryffindor didn't really agree that she'd found second parents in taeachers, though given she hadn't known her dad before this place and now had a good relationship with him perhaps she had just found her actual dad. "Shall we get drinks?" Cyzarine asked, "Then more dancing and more fun!"

selene smiled. "you will do well i am sure" she said. she could try and look into her friends future. her seer practice was going well. there had been a few times. when she had noticed things happeningthat she knew were going to happen. small things but things. and, more importantly, she was actually remembering her dream, only small snippets, noting enough to be useful, but it was a start. unfortunatly she had not yet worked out how to control things and she had already experienced how sometimes that didn't lead to a good outcome. how getting half a story was worse than knowing nothing at all.
the song came to an end and Selene stopped slightly short of breath. it had been an upbeat one and she had been talking and dancing. the suggestion of a break for drinks was very welcome. "Yes some drinks, and maybe some of the yule log, it looks delicious" she said.
the girls made their way off the dancefloor Selene now feeling a lot less self-conscious than she had done at the start of the night, and headed towards the drink table. what do you want? she asked reaching to get herself a punch. there was always something about puntch that reminded her of one of her first yule balls when she had ran into jasper and he had almost got her in trouble. she glanced across the dancefloor and caught sight of him. he certainly looked like he was too preoccupied dancing with nell to have spiked the punch. they looked happy. she hoped they were. there had been a reason she had broken up with her and as much as she regressed it she hoped the future she had glimpsed would come true or all the hate and heartache would be for nothing.

Cyzarine smiled and nodded. She went with Selene of the dance floor and to the drinks where they were able to get something. ”Punch is fine,” she said in response, since it really was fine. She’d happily drink some of that. Cyzarine looked out to the dancefloor, following Selene’s gaze to Nell and Jasper. She knew both, but hadn’t imagined them together. But knowing that Selene and Nell had been together and perhaps that her friend had some lingering feelings that she might be feeling a little hurt. She wasn’t sure what to do, how to maybe provide some comfort. ”Come on girl, let’s get some yulelog,” she went to grab her hand so they could go the short distance to the snacks part of the table and hopefully that would help take her mind off it.

Selene realised that cyzarine had caught her looking at nell and jasper and quickly looked away. she wasn't sure what her friend would make of it. her and nells past and very messy break up was not uncommon knowledge, especially among the seventh years. and selene wondered if nell would ever actually speak to her. she hoped so. she hadn't meant to hurt nell as much as she had. her intentions has been to stop her getting hurt. she was snapped out of this downward trail of thought by cyzarine literally pulling her away towards the cake. "thanks" she said picking up two plates and handing one to her friends. she suddenly remembered a book she had read when she was a very young child about mice and their midwinter celebration when they had had a yule log though theirs was an actually of not a cake. "
When the days are the shortest, the nights are the coldest, The frost is the sharpest, the year is the oldest,
she muttered to herself trying to remember the poem that has peen said at the feast. there was something about polishing whiskers and tidying nests but she had a feeling she had missed a bit.
realising that she was being a terrible date going off into convoluted chains of thought twice now in the space of five minutes she looked at her date. "do you have any big holiday plans?" she asked. forcing her mind back to the here and now

OOCOut of Character:
the poem is from the book the secret staircase part of the brambly hedge series by jill barklem
[/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back