Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
((Open after daph))

Sapphire sauntered into the hall, eyes scanning the room. It was fun to have a date. If Em thought she was getting out without a dance tonight, she was sorely mistaken. Sapphire smiled a bit to herself. She needed to spend more time with Em. She locked her fingers behind her neck, popping her gum as she surveyed the room for her friend.

Emilia had been surprised to be asked to the dance by Sapphire, but she was glad that there was someone here who wanted to spend time with her. She had decided to wear a jumpsuit rather than a dress, and she quite liked the result. She was trying hard not to look in the direction of either Derek or Shane, both of them were tied to negative memories at dances in her mind. Emilia was relieved to spot the Slytherin, and smiled as she headed over. "Hi." She said. "Thanks for inviting me."

Sapphire grinned as Emilia popped up. "Hey!" She greeted, looping her arm through Ems. "We should dance," she grinned, pulling Em with her towards the floor.

Emilia was surprised as Sapphire immediately pulled her towards the dance floor. She hesitated for a moment. "Oh, uh, I don't know-" She started, stumbling at first before following. "Maybe for a bit." She said a little nervously. She had gotten over a lot of her fears, but dancing out on the dance floor had been very scary for her when she was younger, and she wasn't sure if she was entirely over that yet. She tried her best not to look around too much, hoping nobody was paying attention to them.

Sapphire grinned, turning Em's face back to her. "Hey, hey, look at me. Don't worry about them. No one matters right now but us," She scrunched her nose up at her friend, starting to sway along to the music. "You're strong, independent, and beautiful, and you own this school," She encouraged. It sounded a little corny, but she was going to cheer her friend up if it was the death of her.

Emilia was surprised by Sapphire's insistence that she look at her, and did so, a little alarmed. She smiled slightly at her words, though she was a little bit embarrassed too. "Oh, thank you." She said quietly. "I'll try not to worry." She added, though she couldn't help one last glance around before starting to sway to the music along with Sapphire.

It was super weird to have Yule in the Summer, but it was even weirder to step into the hall that evening and see the winter-y decorations. It was gorgeous, but Katy didn't know how Elliot managed this every year without getting confused. Fluffing up the skirt of her dress a bit more, Katy made a loop of the hall, taking everything in for awhile before looking for something interesting to do. She'd spotted Elliot earlier, but the panicked pleading look he'd giving her after she'd looked over at his and Lars' joint hands had been enough to make her give them some space.

Katy had just started eying up the dance floor when she spotted a familiar face, feeling a little flutter to see Emilia out on the dance floor with another girl. Making her way over, she gave the girls a quick wave, dropping her hand to fuss with her dress a little. "Hey! Mind if I cut in and join you?" Hopefully she wasn't crashing a date.

Sapphire grinned. Well, it wasn't perfect, but it was working. She looked up as another girl approached, flashing her a wide smile and grabbing her hand, pulling her in with them to dance. "The more the merrier!" Sapphire laughed, in a good mood. She vaguely recognized the girl as someone Ava had pointed out, she was related to one of Lily's boys, but Sapphire didn't pay enough attention to know she should probably know her name or something.

Emilia was pleased when they were joined by Katy, the Gryffindor girl she had spoken to at the Halloween Feast. She grinned and waved at her, appreciating her dress for a moment. "Hi Katy, of course not." She said , stepping aside a bit to make more room for her. "You're welcome to join." She felt a bit more at ease in a small group, rather than with just Sapphire. She was glad Sapphire welcomed Katy into their little group. She felt a bit more at ease now, and she looked around to see what others were doing. She froze when she spotted Derek, dancing together with a blond girl that was all too familiar to her. Athena, her cousin. She stopped dancing, looking at the two silently for a moment, her smile fading quickly.

Katy let out a surprised whoop when the girl dancing with Emilia grabbed her hand, pulling her into the dance with them. "Woo, alright!" She said, happy to join them both, especially since it didn't seem like she would be interrupting anything particularly romantic. "You guys look great by the way, digging the pantsuit romper thing especially," Katy said, giving the two girls a thumbs up. She always loved the chance to dress up at big events, it wasn't fun really unless you were making a big statement.

Katy was just starting to get into the groove dancing when Emilia ground to a halt, staring flatly at another couple across the way. Slowing her own dancing, Katy glanced between Emilia and her friend, wondering if she was missing something, though it didn't seem like Emilia was immediately going to say anything. "Who are they?" She asked cautiously, eying the couple again curiously. Whoever they were, Emilia wasn't happy to see them.

Sapphire was enjoying herself. "Thanks, you look great too!" She complimented the other girl, stopping as the new girl pointed out Emilias reaction. Sapphire stopped dancing to peek. "Oh, its Princey boy," she observed. "Uh, Derek, hes on the Quidditch team with me and hes Em's ex, and he's..." Sapphire studied the girl a second before her eyes widened. "Oh, that is Em's cousin," she took Emilia by the arm. "Come on, we need drinks. You coming, new girl?" She asked with a bright smile.

Emilia winced as Katy asked her who the people were, not really feeling like explaining. Sapphire explained instead, but it still felt bad to hear it put into words like that. She shook her head as Sapphire took her arm, pulling away from the Slytherin. "I don't want drinks." She said flatly, not enjoying that Sapphire seemed to decide for her. She finally turned away from the couple, her stomach twisted up in knots. She shook her head, forcing her expression neutral. "I don't care." She said, glaring at a spot on the floor for a moment before turning her gaze to the two other girls. "I don't. I figured they- well, it's not entirely-..." She shook her head more firmly. "I don't want to talk about it. Can we just... dance?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back