Gilly Weed - Herbology lesson

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
Nina woke up anxiously, today she had Herbology and she of course had it with Alex, she wished that she could just drop it to be away from him, but she loved Herbology, she was good at it, she always had been, in fact she was planning on making it her future career, she just wondered where she could get one, or she could go for potions, one of her other best and favorite classes. As great as she was at transfiguration she didn't want to teach that class.

Nina shook the thoughts about her future off as she got out of her bed and began to get changed. Nina put her newly dyed hair into a loose ponytail. Her bangs loosely whisked around her face, and her dark black hair hanging at her shoulders gently. Nina didn't bother to look into the mirror as she knew for a fact that today was the day they would be using Gilly Weed, Bells had told her about it. Nina quickly took fixed the strings of her bathing suit that was under her clothes as she left the dorm and common room.

As she headed down to the Greenhouses she walked past Alex and hit his shoulder as hard as she could with her weak shoulders. Nina was still angry with him for hurting her so badly, even though she knew that she was being a little bitter and mean. He had been her best friend, and he hurt her, again. When Nina reached the class she stood among her peers and listened to Professor Styx's words.

She smirked and summoned one of the wet suits quickly so she wasn't bothered by the hoards of students. Nina slipped it on easily after she took her uniform off, she got a few odd looks from the other students, but she didn't care, in fact she knew she looked good in it, it sort of helped her confidence when some of the boys' mouths hung wide open.

She smirked and walked towards Styx to get the Gilly Weed. When she had it she walked towards the Lake front alone, humming a song quietly. Nina got the the edge of the lake and looked at it, some students had already plunged in but she just wanted to take in the lake before actually getting in.

Alex woke up that morning, smiling. He was looking forward to Herbolgy today. A, because they were getting a free swim and B, Prof Styx didn't have anything set up for them today that would happen to be trouble for Alex. He put his swimming trunks on, tightening them a bit at the waist since they looked like bermuda shorts still. He slipped into a nice jumper and walked to class not bothering about odd looks he was getting from some people. What was the point in going to class with uniform if you were just going swimming. Alex felt someone hit his shoulder on the way and was about to turn a wallop them one when he noticed it was Nina. He rolled his eyes and rubbed his shoulder, sorting his jumper out. She's dyed her hair anyway, he thought looking at her walking away. He wondered why she still wouldn't talk to him but he didn't mind. He would give her plenty of time. He smiled and finally got to class.
Listenign to the Prof and laughing when he said it was best he didn't swim Alex grabbed a wetsuit and slipped it on easily. He didn't even have to bother about taking uniform off like other people. Alex stretched the wetsuit finding it a bit uncomfortable. Why can't they make things comfortable material once in a while?he thought making a face at it. He noticed one of the boys next to him had his mouth open so he looked in his direction. Nina, he said rolling his eyes and slappign the boy on the head bringing him back to his senses. He laughed and the boy turned to him angrily. Just then the Prof handed them the gillyweed. Ugh, I think I might just skip actaully he thought before bringing him self together. he stood over to Nina and smirked. 'Happy swimming'he told her before popping the gillyweed in his mouth and canonballing into the lake, making a huge splash on purpose which soaked everyone who had been standing near him. He just about brought it up it tasted that awful. Swallowing it, he looked at his hand which were now flippers. Cool. he thought before surfacing and splashing the Prof, swimming away again.

Nina frowned when she heard Alex's voice, she turned her head to face him but she didn't say anything as he just ate the gilly weed. She put the gilly weed in her mouth then dived into the water smoothly. She did her best to swim past Alex, but she was not a strong swimmer, never had been, and the cold water was making her muscles tighten, and the gills she was forming made her neck hurt a lot. Nina looked over at Alex when she was beside him and frowned, she missed him more then ever.

[sorry lame post]

Alex decided to just some butterfly stroke exploring the base of the lake since he discovered he could breath underwater. He smiled, deciding he would see if he could find merpeople's base. Wasn't it at the centre? He stopped and scopped up certain stones finding some amber and pocketting it. He turned and saw Nina frowning at him. He stuck out his tongue at her and scopped some seaweed up and dropping it on her head. 'How are yu?'he asked smiling.

Nina quickly took off the seawead Alex put on her head with the fins she had formed from the gilly weed, then said gently, "I've been better, I..." Nina trailed off she was about to say 'I miss you' but she decided that it would be best not to embarass herself in such a manor, she didn't want any of the other fifth years to think that she was a great fool. Even though she probably was for still liking Alex more then she should.

Alex had begun circling her still finding it fun with his new flippers. He was actually surprised that she replied to him. 'That's a shame'he responded. 'What's wrong?'he asked before facing her. 'You really shouldn't make this a ahbit. You look dreadful with gills'Alex joked smiling.

Nina stopped in place as Alex circled her, still flapping her legs and she blurted out, "I miss you." Nina frowned inwardly as Alex said that she was dreadful, but that wasn't the reason, she knew that she looked bad but she hd just told him that she missed him. She nudged her head so he would come closer to her, the circling was making her a little dizzy.

Alex had just continued circling smiling and enjoying the extra weight he had to help him train.
''I miss you.''
Alex stopped still and looked at her. 'You what?'he asked her a bit too loud for his liking before biting his lip. 'Whoops'he said to himself.
'But what was the whole 'Ignore Alex' thing then and how come in every lesson you give me the glares?'Alex asked confused. He had slowly been backing away, a couple of inches every minute unconsciously.

Nina frowned and said, "You hurt me in the dorm room, I told you that I still liked you as a friend and.. as my boyfriend and you told me that you were never my friend, what am I supposed to do Alex?" Nina looked down and said shamefully, "I'm sorry about Haden, I know it's all my fault, please don't hate me anymore." She sighed once and said, "If we don't date at least be my friend, I need you, you know I do." She looked up at Alex for a second then back down at the lake.

Alex frowned as she started explaining, glad that they had swum so fast and far out into the lake before anyone else had or else they would be having an audience right now of more than just fish and seaweed. Alex shook his head, seeing how she had misunderstood what he said. He took the tops of her shoulder and looked at her his face sincere. 'Nina, we've already had this talk. Ha-his death was not our faults. It was the YMS gang. I know them and their history and trust me, they're no good'Alex told her before shutting himself up and closing his eyes in fury. He shook his head and looked at her again. 'Forget what I told you please?'he asked her not waiting for a reply. 'Anyway, you've misunderstood me. When I said I was never your freind, that didn't mean I didn't like you. I just wasn't what a freind should be. Let me put it another way. I shouldn't of been classed as a freind. I was cruel and people who are cruel are classed as enemies'Alex said. 'I never hated you in the first place and I'm not planning to start anytime soon either'

Nina raised her eye brows when Alex mentioned a gang, but she nodded her head weakly when he asked her to forget it, she wouldn't of course but she wouldn't bring it up. Nina shook her head at Alex's words and she wrapped her arms around him and said, "No, you're not cruel, you're a good person and friend, I don't care what you say you are." Nina pulled herself away from Alex reluctantly and said honestly, "I would never have dated or been your friend if you were cruel to me, so can we just forget this all happened?" Nina hoped that he would let this go, she cared about him so much.

Alex took the hug not understanding this at all. Alex smiled and let her shoulders go. 'Ok, if you want that, sure'Alex said. He probably wouldn't forget it but it probably, hopefully, wouldn't come again in a conversation. 'So, now that we got that cleared and another 45 minutes to spare, anything you want to do?'Alex asked her smiling.

(have to go now. food awaits. sorry. :D

try and come on soon )

[okay bye love]

Nina smiled weakly, she knew that she wouldn't forget it, but she wouldn't bring it up again or she didn't think she would, she hoped that they would go back to the way they were, but she knew that wouldn't happen. Nina grinned at Alex and she took his hand and said, "Let's just go swimming." Nina lead Alex further down the lake, she wanted to see some Merpeople here, she had only seen them back at HS.

Alex started swimming with Nina before getting what she was trying to do. 'merpeople?'he asked her before taking her waist and swimming full pelt, smilling. 'Where abouts do you think it is?'Alex asked her. 'I thought it was in the centre roughly somewhere.'Alex added. They were covering more distance now and Alex continued to look about.

Nina nodded her head and a smile formed on her lips as Alex took her waist. "Not sure, but I'm guessing somewhere at the bottom." She grinned and dove down deeper in one fluid motion, as she got deeper it got darker so she got her wand out of her pocket with some trouble and she muttered, "Lumos." The tip of her wand lit up brightly and Nina smiled as she saw some fish swimming about under her.

Alex dove down along with her before letting go of her waist to get his wand out as well. 'Lumos'he said and joined his light with her. Alex saw more fish down here than there were up there. 'Boo'he said to a couple that had started to investigate their wands and the fish swam away hurrideldy. Alex smiled and slowed down his swimming, feeling tired after that. I'm not doing that for a while, he thought.

Nina grinned as the fish swam away quickly and she felt that Alex was slowing down, she had thought that he was a stronger swimmer then she, but then again they were getting further down and it was harder to handle here, and apparently if you go deep enough you could just black out, but then again they did have gills now, they just had to time everything correctly. She put one hand on them, and cringed, it felt so uncomfortable.

Alex continued, scaring away fish as they came before he saw Nina cringe. 'You ok?'he asked worried.

Nina looked over at Alex and smiled warmly at him and took her hand off her gills and she nodded her head and popped her lips, "Yupp." She swam closer to him and teased playfully, "You really shouldn't scare the fish." She put her arms around his back carefully then smiled and asked nicely, "How are you?" She looked at his gills and said, "You really shouldn't do this often either, you look so much better with out gills." She giggled at him and smiled.

Alex smiled back. 'Oh and why's that?'lex asked back. 'I'm fine'he said before laughing. 'Look who's talking'he said and the fish came over then. 'Perfect timing guys. Keep it up'he whispered loudly to them giving them the thumbs up.

Nina smiled and joked slightly, "Oh come on Alex, I look good in anything, you have to remember those boys in the greenhouse." She bit her lip slightly as she looked at Alex, he still looked good even with those creepy gills in her opinion. Her hazel eyes danced as if she was smiling, but her expression was straight as she looked into Alex's black and gold eyes she loved so much.

Alex laughed. 'I know, completely and utterly senseless'Alex said before swimming behind her. 'though I can't blame them'he added before swimming away backwards and trying out some backwards flips. 'You gotta try this. So much fun'Alex said laughing.

Nina blushed wildly at Alex's comment and let her arms that were around him hang back down to her side and turned to watch as Alex did some back flips, she rolled her eyes at him and in a swift motion she too did a back flip. She then did a few front flips in one motion then went back so her head was facing the top of the water and she couldn't help but feel a little dizzy. "Fun but.. umm I think I'm good," Nina said with a small giggle.

Alex laughed as Nina tried some and he too did some more, a now ringing senstation in his head. He laughed as Nina said she was good. 'Spoil sport'he joked smiling. He stopped and swayed slightly still not quite clear of dizzyness. 'Yeah, I think I'll pass as well actually'he added laughing.

Nina rolled her eyes playfully as Alex called her a spoil sport and she laughed as he said that he would pass as well then she swam closer to him and poked his chest playfully as she said, "Who's the spoil sport now?" She then giggled sweetly at this and hugged him warmly and said, "I'm glad we made up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back