Getting smacked up

Artemis allowed Alex to wipe her tears off, though she felt a little too much like a child. He reminded her of her father a little bit, not in relationship but in temperament. After a moment, she pulled her own little handkerchief out and began to dab at the last of the tears till there was no more. “I really am just a child,” she mumbled to herself, thinking that Alex could not hear her. Suddenly she lifted her head, and smiled at him. “Thank ‘ye. And don’ worry, I won’t say that,” Art winked extravagantly as she said this, and added “If I really wanted to beat the blood outta yer, ‘ye wouldn’t be standin’ right now.”

“I’m glad ‘ye forgive me, though.” she said after a pause, and folded away her handkerchief to pat him on the arm. “I am sorry for hitting ‘ye, but I am more sorry for saying such forceful things. Just don’t go pulling out yer wand at Professor Styx again, aye? He’ll make me clean up the bloody pieces,” she added with a completely serious face.

Alex had a smile on the inside but on his face he kept it plain as anything, you could tell he was still in pain, just the strain in his face to try and not show was evident to Art. He really liked her she was a good friend and he was sure she would always be there for him, seeing as Goblins live longer then humans do. Looking down at her face he put his arms around her and gave her a hug, the type of big warm hug you give you friend. " I promise I won't pull my wand out on Professor Styx, But what about Mercer." He joked hoping she wouldn't hit him again for being a complete idiot.

" I'm sorry for being a downright but head as well, I know I shouldn't have your a good friend your just looking out for me and I shouldn't have reacted the way I did." He said a little tear running down his face and falling onto hers. He didn't want her to see him crying then she would think he was a big wuss, or just someone who wasn't afraid to show there emotions.

“Ahh love, ‘ye must stop huggin’ me like this.” said Artemis, anguished at her friend’s pain that she knew he was sure to be feeling. “It’s darn good luck as it is that the bone hasn’t shifted out of place, so it will heal alright, but if ‘ye keep moving around like this it really is going to hurt a lot more than it is now,” Alex could see in her eyes that she only meant the best for him, even when she placed her tiny hand on his shoulder and gave him a gentle push back so as to not hug her again. Art could only roll her eyes at his comment about Professor Mercer.

Suddenly she felt a tear slide down her face that was not hers, and she looked up to see Alex’s eyes watering slightly. “Oh, Alex, don’t. ‘Ye’ll get me all stuffy, and then I’ll cry, and then...” Art was already sniffing, but she was determined not to burst into tears again lest she lose her tough-girl image completely. Still, she tenderly wiped the tear away from Alex’s cheek with her tiny thumb, and gave him a big smile in order to make him smile, too. “Let’s forget it all. I want ‘ye to get well soon so I can whoop yer butt again in a match!”

" You want to beat me in another fight." Alex snorted he thought it was funny since there last fight he had been training more extensively and was a hell of a lot better with his skills. " Im pretty sure I won't let you win this time, I know a lot more and I won't go easy on you." He said smiling at Art, she was a good kid and always wanted to look out for her, no matter how old she grew she would always be his best friend.

"Want to beat 'ye? I know I'll beat 'ye!" said Artemis jovially, grinning with all the mischief of a tiny goblin girl. She softened for a moment, and gave her friend a fond smile. "That's what I wanted all along. Just for 'ye to take me seriously. I hope 'ye will in the future." After all, she had just broken his sternum. If that wasn't a warning not to cross her again, then she didn't know how to make it any clearer. However Artemis had just been angry when she had attacked him like that. She had taken him by surprise, and she would probably not get away with a stunt like that again. Art had been doing very little fighting, and she looked forward to beginning again.

"Now should I take 'ye to Hufflepuff house?" she inquired, hoping to catch a glimpse of their common room. She knew that Alex would probably refuse help since he could still walk (although not without pain). Even so, Art felt compelled to make it up to him in any way that she could, even if that meant sitting by his beside for a month; It won't come to that, she consoled herself with little success. Alex could heal breaks, could he not? This one should not take too long because it was a clean snap. Artemis looked at the ground, in shame of her actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back