Getting smacked up

Alexander Fields

OOC First Name
Ben
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Alex had staggered into the Hospital wing among making it out of the Headmasters office, she had told him she hadn't made her mind up what was going to happen but she would know by the end of the day. He needed a anti swelling spell on his head seeing as Artemis had landed one really good blow to the head to him, to knock him out, while he was attempting to fight Professor Styx in a blind rage. A part of him was happy for what he was doing, but the other half was feeling bad for attacking him. He had done nothing but do his job and look after his own relative and he had treated the man like crap and attempted to take his head off with a spell. He began to make his way out of the Hospital wing when the doors suddenly swung open.

"Where are you going." said Artemis firmly as she planted an arm in the doorway to stop his path. "I gotta few things 'ta tell 'ye, 'ye know. What the hell was this all about?" Basically, Artemis was furious with Alex. How on earth could he have possibly been so foolish as to attack a teacher? She hadn't been a bit worried for Professor Styx's sake, more for Alex's himself. It was obvious that he hadn't had a clue whom he was dealing with. She really had felt it necessary to give him a good thump on the head for all the trouble he was going to get in.

To have picked a fight with younger students was also foolhardy to the extreme. If it had been Artemis that he'd attacked she'd have been just fine, but these were just ordinary Slytherins. Firmly Artemis planted a hand in Alex's chest and pushed him back into the room as the door slammed behind her. "Siddown, mate. We've gotta few more things to discuss like I said. What kind of daftie wouldja have 'ta be to do the things 'ya did?". When Artemis was angry her accent became more pronounced, and now it was quite thick with anger.

" That little dweeb, Theodore or what ever the bloody hell his name is attacked me. So I kneed him in the chest and then Aleyha smacked me in the back of the head with a piece of wood." Alex said as he looked down at Art, until he sat down, but he was still a little taller then her. " The one thing I never laid a hand on Aleyha, I only his that little half veela kid, for being a complete smart A$$ to me. I bet you would have done the same, if he was swinging for your stomach as well."

"P'raps mate, p'raps I would've." Replied Artemis mildly, before her hazel eyes greyed like thunder clouds. "But 'ye know what. That's 'cause I'm younger and smaller than 'em. If I'd really gotten attacked by two older kids, I would've finished the fight quick smart. If talkin' don't work, then a quick bonk on the noggin' will do the job till they calm down a bit. Then 'ye tell a teacher." She was glaring at him more fiercely than she had every glared at anyone in her life, and it was rather unnerving to see the usually sweet-faced girl look so livid.

"But I'll tell 'ye what. I don't half believe that Theodore started this mess, y'know. No fourth year would be silly enough to pick a fight with a big 'ol seventh year like yerself and expect to get away without a sore head in the mornin'. So ye'd better bloody well hope that 'ye apologised to those poor buggers Alex, because 'ye can't fool me." If Alex looked down he could probably just see her little fist clenching. "Ye're the older one here, so grow up."

" It started off as a heated argument between me and Theodore and then he swung a punch at me, and I kneed him in the chest like I showed you, that was the only time I hit him, no other." He said telling the truth. " I wasn't going to hit the little brat, but he hit me first. I know I shouldn't have reacted the way I did, but I just didn't think, Aleyha is a sneaky B!tch she hit me in the back of the head with a lump of wood, while I was arguing with Theodore."

"Ye've missed the point entirely." Artemis told him in a deadpan voice. It felt like she was going to have to repeat herself, because Alex was doing so at that very moment. Her fist didn't unclench as he spoke and she truly wanted to smack him at that moment, but she refrained. She'd already punched him in the head today, and if that wasn't enough to curb his view then she may as well give up for now. "Self defense is one thing, but..." There didn't seem to be any point in pushing it so Art moved on.

"That's all fair enough (even though it isn't), but I can't believe 'ye attacked a teacher, Alex!" Now this she was truly angry about. Professor Styx was her favourite teacher, though there are some who would think her absolutely mad for this. Truthfully, Artemis respected him and his strength and force of will. His lessons were to the point and she always felt productive after returning from Herbology. "Everyone knows that no matter how angry 'ye are, the worst thing 'ye could possibly do would be 'ta turn yer wand on a teacher. First of all, ye'd get creamed," she informed him angrily. "Second of all, 'ye chose Professor Styx. Are 'ye absolutely stark-staring, raving mad!?". This was unbelievable.

" Probably, I just lost it and couldn't control what was going on in my head, I reacted before I thought, I don't really care about what happens to me, I never really have as long as the people I care about are safe then I'm fine."Alex said looking at her and noticing her fist clenched, he smiled, he was hoping she would hit him, but he knew she probably wouldn't, she would probably just leave it and not do a thing.

"Oh," snorted Artemis sarcastically as she glared up at him. "And I suppose 'ye don't give a fig that the people who love hurt more than a punch would do when they see 'ye fallin' apart like this. I have half a mind to give 'ye a ruddy good kick up the arse for all the trouble ye're givin' everyone!". It angered her further that he could smile like that after such a catastrophe born of foolishness and thoughtlessness. To her horror and fury, Artemis began to cry. That was the trouble with having friends. She had never had very many before, and so had no idea how to control unfamiliar emotions like frustration and stress. She wasn't sobbing, but the tears were falling and she scrubbed at her eyes with her tiny fists.

Art was more angry than anything, and like a faerie, it seemed like she only had room for one feeling at a time. "Ye're so selfish!" she cried, her foot lashing out to kick him hard on the shin. Still crying, Art balled both fists and flew at him, too angry to notice that she had lost control.

Alex took the kick into his hardened shins. it still hurt but he knew this wouldn't be the end of it. He stepped back as Artemis ran at him with both fists clenched, and as she done so, he wrapped his arms around her holding her tight to him. " Art, I'm sorry for what I have done I really am. Please just try and calm down." He said holding her even more tightly as she tried to squirm out of his grip. " Can You please just calm down, I don't want to lose you as a friend, just please." He said as a few tears welled up into his eyes, and a few fell onto her face.

"'Ye...'ye tell that to those poor fourth years, and anyone else ye've frightened with yer foolhardy actions!" cried Artemis, tears pouring down her little cheeks. "Put me down, I say. Put me down!" she sobbed, trying to beat at his chest with her fists, but to no avail. She was stuck tight. Artemis could feel him crying also, but for the oddest reason she found herself not pitying but even more enraged. When she had told him that he was frightening his loved ones, she meant that he was frightening her. What if he had been terribly injured and she had not gotten to him in time? Luckily it was just a tiff, but if he kept getting into fights like this, then who knows who he might attack. Alex had even gone for Professor Styx! That was just one time in a fury, but next time it could be someone who was not so forgiving.

Artemis just wanted to bury her face into his chest and cry like he was her older brother, but instead she did something far more violent. There was a loud crack as she pulled back and headbutted Alex firmly in the chest, aiming directly for his breastbone. Firmly was the operative word, for if she had use more force she could crush his breastbone, ribs, spine or even heart. It was a controlled fury, but even so, Art had done some damage.

The force of the headbutt broke his Sternum, he could feel it give way under her headbutt. Falling backwards he clutched his Chest, curling up into the fetal position. He knew that it was a bad idea holding her tight and he knew she probably wouldn't stop at that, but this was him proving that he cared about her more then he did himself. He loved his friends and would die for them, just so they wouldn't have an ounce of sadness. Looking up at her with his green eyes, all curled up, he struglled to breath, but yet he couldn't summon the breath to say a word, except he lay there in pain not saying a word.

Suddenly the sickening crack that she heard directly in her ears, and the squish of tissue tearing against her forehead didn't feel so satisfying. Fortunately Alex let Artemis go immediately, but as she landed on her feet it was only so long as to pause in horror, surveying the damage. "Alex?" whimpered Art in a tiny voice, and there was no response. "Alex..." she ventured again in an even smaller voice, almost whispering. Art sank to her knees and crawled forward, touching the older teen lightly on the shoulder. Alex had always seemed so big to her, but he suddenly looked very small, and she became frightened.

"Can 'ye breathe?" she asked in a whisper, trying not to claw at his shoulder. "Can 'ye move? Oh please say something, please?"

Her enormous hazel eyes were filled to the brim with tears, yet this time she did not cry, for there were more important things to do now. "Don't move now," she said firmly though her voice was wobbling. Carefully she tucked her arms underneath him, and using all of her strength, she lifted from the knees and pulled him to her. It took every ounce of control she had for the little girl to pick him up without changing his position in the slightest. Her legs were shaking but her arms held steady, and like placing down a newborn kitten she lay him on the nearest bed, still in the same curled up form. With nothing more she could do to ease his pain, she sat down miserably and began to cry silently, face buried into the thin mattress of the hospital bed.

" I can breath." He whispered, almost silently as he reached his hand out towards her, just to make sure she was ok. He could see she was crying as he slowly let out of the fetal position, he thought she would have hit him again, but she didn't, knowing she had already landed him in hospital with one headbutt and Alex wasn't going to be getting revenge, he could see it had affected her badly just doing it tom him. " Art." He whispered using all his remaining breath. " Give me a hug." He almost ordered still whispering, his sternum was in a lot of pain, he could fix it if he had his wand with him.

"No, no, ye'll hurt more." she sobbed as she lifted her head, face crumpling before him. It was a terribly sad sight to see. Once or twice she had made someone else cry just by seeing her in tears, as for many people it was heart breaking. Just to satisfy him, Art crawled up onto the bed and hugged him around his arm, her entire torso wrapping around just one of his biceps. "I didn't mean to hurt 'ye so bad. First I-" she hiccuped "-I punch you in the head, and oh what would I have done if I'd crack yer skull? Then I.." cried Art, her tears running down the skin of his arm in tiny rivulets. "...then I break your bones and, oh!" she sobbed, burying her head into his arm now.

Half a minute later, she shifted her head up and gave him a wobbly-eyed look. "What's...what's the spell for healing bones?" she said in a broken voice.

" You couldn't do it, only seventh years can." Alex said as he smiled at her as he pulled her closer and in for a proper hug, when he wanted a hug he wanted a hug, no a lousy attempt at one. He didn't care if it hurt him more as long as he was in a good place and with his friends then he was all good." You wouldn't be able to crack me skull, if ya haven't noticed its a bit thick." He joked wheezing a bit after he spoke.

"But...but 'ye need to be healed," Artemis told him insistantly. "Who knows what...what that headbutt has done to your sternum," she told him with a firm look. This time she would not accept a hug, but gave him a small push to the stomach to send him flat on his back. "Now don't you dare wriggle around, or there'll be hell to pay," said Artemis she lifted up his shirt. When people were hurt because of her, Art was sorry of course, but she soon became clinical just as her father did. These sort of breaks were not unknown to her but were fairly uncommon in the world of smashed bones and appendages. Ignoring any look Alex might give her, her fingers poked at his ribs lightly, not touching the affected area but feeling what ribs had collapsed under the pressure and which has stayed firm. "Yer more than a little bit thick, love..." she muttered herself, but it was a fond saying just the same.

"Well you can't just lie there like that for too much longer. For all 'ye know, 'ye could be bleeding internally. I have to find a nurse. 'Ye stay right there," said Art in a stern voice. She replaced his shirt in proper order, but couldn't help leaning to to oblige him a proper hug. "Sorry, Alex," she mumbled into his ear like a little girl.

Alex didn't really care what she had to say about his body, he struggled to get himself to sit, he was in pain but surely it would heal. Trying not to let her be able to push him back down onto his back he stood up on the ground, clutching his chest with both of his hands. " I'm fine, I need to walk it off." Alex said making it sound like it was nothing, it never beat the time he broke both his arms and legs from falling of his house roof onto the ground. " Art don't worry about it, I know im a idiot and I deserved a good headbutt, just relax."

Artemis was too tired to tolerate him brushing her off now, and a poisonous venom that she had never encountered in herself crept into her voice. The cool tone was languid and easy, yet made one shudder to hear it coming from such an unlikely source. "Aye, I'm sure. You'd need a bit more than a headbutt I would say, but let us leave that til you can fight back. What say you?" said Art, her voice winding around him like a snake. Her body backed off and to let him rise, and she blinked at him slowly and without mercy in her gaze. It was obvious that Alex would just brush her off again if she tried to make him stay, and she had no empathy for him now.

"Walking is out of the question, Alex." said Artemis quietly, and suddenly she was standing in front of him in his path. "Why don't you sit down?" she added with a sickly sort of kindness that was obviously false. With the emphasis on down, a tiny hand crept out to give him a light push in the stomach, the force of which had the wall shaking and Alex cannoned into it. In those few seconds he had hurtled across the room in that single push and was now against the stone wall. "I'm just trying to help you," Art told the fallen Alex, her teeth bared in a vicious grin.

Alex slowly began to rise to his feet as she had pushed him against the wall and he had collapsed onto the ground in a heap. " Art, seriously let me stand up." He said as he got back to his feet and looked into her eyes, he could tell she didn't really care if he got hurt because he would heal again, but it was like a completely different Artemis then he had met earlier that month. Clutching his chest he staggered over towards the chair where he slowly sat down, and looked around the room noticing the nurse wasn't there.

"No," she hissed, and her voice was as heavy as the push she had delivered. Artemis hadn't been this angry since Alex had called her 'shorty', and the wrath of then was nothing to her fury now. She had tried and tried once again to help him to understand her care for him, tried to force him to pay her mind, but he was intent on his own way. Art was tired of it. He was going to do exactly what she bid, or there would be h*ll to pay. "I will not, Alex. Ye're a fool if 'ye think I'm going 'ta letcha run around the grounds with a broken sternum." said Artemis with bared teeth. "I delivered that blow and I'll be d*mned if I'm not going to take care of 'ye till ye're well again."

There was a woosh of air, and suddenly Artemis was eye to eye with the seated boy. Barely a second later, her parted fingers slammed into the crux of his throat in a painful jab, pressuring his windpipe to almost unbearable length. "Now 'ye can stay here and wait to be treated while I watch over, or 'ye can stay here and wait to be treated while I watch over with a crushed windpipe and tube down yer throat, do 'ye understand?"

Alex was getting really sick of her attacking him like this, he just wanted to leave and she was hurting him even more then he had already been. With a quick and painful swoop he swung his arm up removing her hand from his throat, it hurt heaps but he didn't care any more he was starting to get angry. Jumping back a little bit he changed back into a snow leopard, which was his animagus form, he didn't want to hurt Art, but f he had to, to get out he would.

Slowly he began to walk towards the door, heaven help her if she tried to stop him, it wouldn't be a pretty sight, even for the nurse. He just wanted to leave and be left alone and think about everything, he didn't want someone making his injuried worse then what they already where. As he walked he winced in pain, letting out a growl as he done so looking back at Art with teary eyes.

To Artemis's utter astonishment, Alex's skin melted away, and she fell back in shock. Only half a moment later, there stood a snow leopard in his place. Apparently he neglected to mention that he's an animagus! she managed to think as she scrambled to her feet once more. Alex seemed to be angry enough to use such an unfair advantage over her, but animagus or not he was still severely injured. "Thaaaaat's it!" bellowed Artemis, and she was no longer afraid, but irate. "How many times have I tried to get 'ye to listen to me, Alex! Look where it's gotten 'ye! 'Ye need 'ta learn some respect." Art couldn't help it; Alex had gone too far, and her breath began to hitch as she cried again.

Despite her imminent sobs, she started up to the injured snow leopard, fists out and ready to force some humility into the obviously hurt boy. "If a broken ch-ch-chest bone isn't 'nuff ta make 'ye s-stay, then I'll gi-give you something to want 't stay h-here for." Now her fingers fisted in Alex's snowy rosette's, but there was no tossing or punching. Only her tears and anguish at not being able to convince her friend to get the treatment he needed. "S-s-so selfish," sobbed Art, holding onto his fur in two gentle hands without any force. "Ye must stay!"

Seeing Art cry melted his heart once more. Slowly he changed back and he put his arms around her, knowing more then likely she would attack him once more. " Art I don't like it in these places, I just want to leave and let it heal naturally it will take a few weeks if that." He said hoping she wouldn't attack him again, he hated being so easily hurt by the emotions he felt and he hated seeing his friends upset also. " If it will make you happy I'll stay ok, I just don't want to."

Far from flying at him once more, Artemis was too distraught to do anything other that hold Alex in return. She considered getting hugs from him to be the most awesome thing that she ever had the privilege to do. It was like being hugged by a grizzly bear. A tame one. She looked up at him from where her cheek was still pressed into his stomach, and tried to stem the flow of tears still wobbling in her eyes, waiting for the right moment to fall again. “It is a serious injury, Alexander. You know it is ...” said Art, her heart lurching. “...But ‘ye should have just told me that ‘ye didn’t like to be here. I understand.”

She tried not to sniff, and pressed her face into his stomach once more. There she stayed until she was sure that the tears would no longer come. Never had she hurt anyone to the extent that she had now, and it was tearing Artemis apart that she had inflicted it upon one of her very best friends. “I didn’t mean for it to come to this,” she mumbled, then finally pulled away from the hug. “Don’t stay here, then. But let me take care of ‘ye. Please say ‘ye will.”

Tilting Arts face up with his hands he wiped off the tears that where still coming down the side of her face. " OK, I'll let you look after me, but no bragging that you beat the crap out of me." He said still clutching his sternum as he smiled at Art. "... and I know you didn't mean it, seriously its all right don't worry about it." He said still holding her little frame close to his body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back