Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Straight 14 Inch Sturdy Pine Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
So far, the year started off with a good sign. Garrett Hensel was not as harassed as he thought that he might be. He was relatively left alone, but that was probably because he rarely left his dorm. He needed to get out and about though. He needed to just get away. Garrett grabbed a book from his bag to go read, which was a potions book, and left the Ravenclaw boys dorm. He made his way through the house of Ravenclaw, before descending the towers. He did not mind the long walk down, but walking up was always a pain. He would find a way to get himself in shape to deal with the walk. Maybe he needed to fly with a broom up there, but he figured that was against the rules. He knew better than to break the rules. He did not want to have a letter sent home to his mother or father. He would definitely have a heart attack if that happened to him. His anxiety was painful enough. As he descended, he allowed his golden eyes to stare at his black sneakers. He did not want to make eye contact with anyone. He could not stand to make eye contact at all anyway.

It took a while, but Garrett finally made it to the lawns at last. It felt nice, like Spring, out here. He looked around to see if he could find some students, and then go to where the students were not. He managed to find a tree off in the distance, and it gave off a good amount of shade. That was good. He walked over to the tree and sat down. He opened his book up and started to read. Garrett smiled to himself as the words of the potions textbook brought him into the world of potions. It was an interesting field, and he liked it. He did not want to get interrupted, but he figured with the first years playing, and others talking, someone would not see him and trip while walking by. Something like that. Garrett flipped the page, and hoped that Professor Zhefarovich would not get mad at him reading ahead. There was so much for him to learn, and he wanted to take it all in. That was a trait that his mother had.

It was cozy in the basement. Emily liked that she did not had to walk very far when she wanted to go outside or just to the great hall. And besides that, Hufflepuff house was nearby the kitchens and the smell was great. The only thing that she knew about her father and his time on Hogwarts New Zealand that he was sorted into Ravenclaw house. Emily loved the Ravenclawers, she saw a lot of them in the library but when she wanted to start a conversation they rather read sometimes. Emily could understand that, a book was just so interesting and although she loved to chat, she likes to read a book ten times more. It was a beautiful day in spring, so she wanted to write her assignment outside. She would look for a nice spot, were she could take her time and do her best on her homework. Emily did not want to mess up her grades, by being distracted.

When Emily went outside, she saw that she was not the only one with that thought. Ofcourse what was she thinking, it is a beautiful day and Emily would be the only one outside, well not. Emily could work in loud places, she always hs been focused, but she wanted to sit somewhere. A little bit further she saw a big tree, and that would be a perfect place. She walked towards it with her books in her arms and bag on her shoulder. When she arrived at the tree, she saw that someone was already sitting there. Emily did not want to walk the whole way back to search for another place, so she looked at the boy. '' I'm sorry for interupting, but would you mind if i settle down here and do my homework. I think this place is beautiful and honestly I don't want to walk the whole way back to the castle. '' Emily accidentally dropped her books on the ground, and fell with them because she was falling over a stone, that was just lying there. Emily moaned for a second '' How clumsy of me, this books are valuable.'' She looked from below at the boy, she lied just before him. He had long dark hair and had the most beautiful eyes. Emily could only say: ''Hii..''

Garrett thought that these ingredients on the page were highly interesting. Some were similar, but one plant in particular was like, the afterlife. It resembled it and was good for a potion that could bring a death-like state. Not poison, but it reminded him more of a sleeping beauty complex. Maybe he should ask the professor, but the professor scared him so much, he thought that he would probably end up fainting or something in front of him. Or stammering. Things like that had him nervous, but people in general had him nervous. Garrett flipped the page once more, and he continued to read. He barely looked up when he heard someone come by and start to speak to him. He didn't want to be rude, but he couldn't make eye contact right now. He gave her a nod, since she asked if she could do her homework by the tree. He did not mind that, as long as she was quiet. However, it was as quiet as a thunderstorm as she dropped her books and fell to the ground. She must be clumsy. Garrett finally looked at the girl, and concern flooded his expression.

The Ravenclaw didn't change his expression when she said hi, since it was just a greeting to him. Instead of saying hi right back, he had to ask what was causing the concern on his face and mind. "Are you okay?" Garrett asked, his voice soft, but breaking eye contact. Instead of looking at the eyes, he looked at her mouth. It was easier than eye contact. He slowly closed his potions book, while keeping one of his hands between the pages to not lose the page, or even the paragraph he was reading. He thought about gathering her books for her, but Garrett was frozen in place, not wanting to move. He couldn't risk losing his place in his book. His determination to get ahead was far more than his willing to help someone that he did not know. Still, that was a nasty fall. He looked to the books, and as far as he could tell, they were not too damaged. Maybe just need a good cleaning spell. Any older student could do that, right?

Of course Emily would make a big introduction of herself by falling.The last you could do is say hi right? That would make it less akward Emily thought. Emily was just being herself she could not choose one book so she should bring the whole library with her. When the boy asked nicely if she was okay, she was glad. She was the one who disturbed him in his reading. Emily knew how that was, because she liked reading too. She sometimes wished that she could be in the book, so that nobody could ever say that she should sleep or do something else. That is what her mother usely said to her. Emily was ready to stand up from her fall and looked at the boy, but she noticed that he was not looking right at her eyes, so she bend a little. '' Yeah I'm fine, thank you. I'm sorry that i disturbed you in your reading.'' Emily looked at the book to see what he was reading.Emily grabbed her books and looked if they were not to damaged. Some of them were covered with a little bit mud.'' I wish I knew how to make them clean. I read about it and I know the spell but not how to do it. It looks like I just have to wait for one or two years sadly. And I am not stupid to try it.'' Emily laught for a second she did not want to make a mistake in a spell. Every thing most be perfect and safe.

Emily looked at the boy and saw that he was into his reading, so she waited for a sec so he could finish the page.
'' I'm Emily Richardson by the way, the girl who fell before you and damaged the one and only best thing.. books.'' She took her hand out towards the boy, because that is what Emily did when she met someone. That was normal right? Or was it just something what muggles did.

Garrett noticed that she was bent a little, and so he averted his golden eyes once more to his lap. He hated looking people in the eyes. It made him so uncomfortable, and vulnerable. He hated feeling like he did, but it was something to consider working on in the future. Just not right now. He almost wished his dad was here to tell him how to socialize. Maybe his mom because his dad was usually a big grouch. Garrett heard her apology and he mumbled, "It is okay." Was it really? Of course it was. Garrett was not temperamental where he would lose it just by someone disturbing him. He just wanted to get a little ahead in class. She said that she wished she knew how t make them clean, but could not do the spell because it was beyond their years. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Maybe ask a professor so you don't have to carry around dirty books for a couple of years. The cleaning spell, we learn in Charms. That much I know." Garrett wanted to bury himself in his books, but he had to talk to this girl, it seemed like. And he was getting rather uncomfortable.

The girl introduced herself as Emily Richardson, someone from within his class. He thought the name was somewhat familiar. She had to be in a class with Hufflepuffs. That was where he heard it from. "I'm Garrett Hensel." He didn't want to say his last name, but from the daily prophet, his name was constantly said from time to time. He was the son of the former minister, after all. However, when she outstretched her hand, he moved back slightly at the possibility of touching someone. He said simply, "Nice to meet you, Emily." He clinched his book tighter, somewhat, and it was pretty obvious he was not about to shake her hand. He was way too nervous to really shake anyone's hand, or even hold out his own. His fingers were trembling on the book, slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back