Getting Away

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia was tired of the drama that had become Slytherin. There were just too many irritating first years this year. Bruin had been on her mind a lot, and that was making it odd for her to be around Ford. She constantly felt guilty and she did not know why.

So, Sophia decided to try and escape everything by going outside. She tended to stay inside, so this was kind of odd for her. Walking out toward the Lake Sophia found a good tree and sat down with her back against it, facing the Lakefront.

Removing her messenger bag from her torso she set it beside her and withdrew from it a book. With a sigh Sophia focused her golden eyes on the book and began to read, oblivious to the letter that had come out of her bag with the book and flew on a breeze a few feet away from her onto the grass.

Vydráel liked to walk around the lake front and occasionally when he could risk it, would sit there and just think. He saw someone sitting there on their own, not knowing whether to say hi or not as he saw her reading.

As he watched her reading he noticed a letter not too far from her, deciding it must be hers, he walked over to it and then to her with it in hand.

Sophia was quite surprised when the sun was suddenly blocked from her book. Looking up to see what the source of the shadow was her golden eyes were met with a younger boy holding a letter in his hand. "Can I help you?" she asked in a cold, drawling voice, her expression none too inviting.

"I think you dropped this." he replied, indicating the letter in his hand.
"I found it over.. there." he turned and pointed in the general direction, turned back then handed it to her.

Sophia took the letter with a skeptical look and then looked down at it to see her name in her mother's hand. Quickly moving the letter away from the boy Sophia turned her head, her long black hair whipping around. Sophia narrowed her golden eyes angrily at the boy, staring coldly at him.

"Did you read this?" she asked harshly. If his answer was yes this boy was not going to be having a good day.

He stared straight into her eyes. "What? and risk death for a letter? I may be young but i'm not an idiot."
He felt the glare of her eyes even though he couldn't see them clearly. "I'll leave you alone then if you're going to attack me." He turned around and began to walk off.

The angry look wiped right off of Sophia's face when the boy turned and began to walk away. She was not exactly frowning, but her expression was void of any clear emotions. It was beginning to dawn on Sophia that her social skills were more than lacking. Perhaps this boy might be worth talking to? I should at least give him a chance.

"No, I...you do not have to leave."

He stopped as he heard her voice again. "I don't want an enemy. I only want friends."
He turned around and looked at her, noticing the colour of her eyes as the sun wasn't masking them this time. "I'm Vydráel"

Sophia softened her expression considerably and gave Vydrael a nod. "Sophia Stark. Care to sit down? I promise I will not bite." As she waited for him to sit Sophia put the letter back into her bag.

Vydráel took a seat next to her. "I wouldn't mind if you did." He whispered.
"Were you born with those colour eyes?" he asked as he turned to her. "Very unique, very beautiful."

Sophia was a bit surprised by Vydrael's first comment. "Excuse me, what? Are you hitting on me?" She looked at him oddly for only a few seconds before moving on to his question. His coming on to her was not really intimidating, considering she was more than a few inches taller and likely around three to four years older.

"Thank you. Yes, my father has the same eyes, so did his mother. It is a family trait."

Vydráel frowned at the phrase. "What does hitting on you mean?" He asked her.
Smiling as she talked of those golden eyes he could think her family having it as an almost unique trait. "Quite an interesting trait to have." He had thought of it as something you only saw in paintings.

Sophia shot Vydrael a skeptical glance, wondering if he was joking about not knowing what it meant to hit on someone. Then again, he is younger. Perhaps he really just is naive. Pushing the thoughts from her head with a shake she looked back at him.

"Never mind, it is not important. You have no idea just how interesting the trait is." Sophia was not going to explain her strange ability with the boy, but now it was on her mind. She could just see herself lighting Bruin on fire not far from this very spot over by the Forest.

Vydráel could see she didn't believe him for some reason but he wasn't sure why. He shifted his weight a little and heard her next response. "You'd be surprised." he muttered. He cleared his throat. "So what were you reading?"

"The Dark Arts Outsmarted. It is proving to be pretty useful thus far. Do you enjoy reading?" Sophia had decided to ignore Vydrael's mutter and just focus on getting to know him better. You never know when knowing someone will prove useful.

"The dark arts..?" he remembered reading about that for DADA. "that's what everyone is afraid of isn't it?" There had been a few interesting titles with a name involving dark arts. "Yes i read."

"No, not everyone," Sophia replied firmly. She certainly was not afraid of the Dark Arts. "What do you like to read?" It was starting to occur to Sophia that she was not very good at making small talk, and hoped that perhaps Vydrael might start to pick the conversation up more.

Vydráel picked out his wand from one of his sleeves, watching the ebony gleam from the sunlight. "I read anything that interests me, the library here takes up most of my day everyday." He put the wand back in its place and looked at her. "Why are so many people afraid of the dark arts? It's only evil if used for evil purposes."

Sophia watched Vydrael with interest, her golden eyes lighting up when he said his bit about only being evil when used for evil purposes. "Exactly," she said, a bit more excitedly than she had meant to. Her pale cheeks immediately began to blush and she looked down for a moment before looking back at Vydrael.

"I agree completely. I believe that there is no such thing as Dark Magic, merely Dark people. Any spell can be used for good or bad, it just depends on who is using it and what they are doing with it."

Vydráel gave her a long look before replying. "Good and bad are only relative concepts. If i were to take revenge on someone for almost killing me, it would be a bad act. No matter my reason, a bad act for them as they are the ones getting hurt and it would be good for me as i would be taking it back on them.." He sighed as this reminded him again and again of the times he would strike back at his enemies and be the one punished for it.
Sophia was interesting him with her philosophy. She seemed to be one of the few who would agree on some levels with him. "I can see how some would call it evil though. I read about the imperius curse, nasty thing."

Sophia considered Vydrael's words with a look of interest, a rare expression for her. "Yes, it is hard to imagine how the Imperius Curse could be used for good. Then again, I suppose that depends on your definition of good." Sophia smiled softly, pleased to be speaking with someone who actually had some interesting thoughts in his head rather than a mindless first year.

Vydráel was reminded of his first bully. He had been insulted and name called often but his first bully was special to him. He never told anyone what he did in retaliation as he felt it was better left in the past. The talk of good and bad had triggered those fond memories
A smaller Vydráel sat alone at the table in his classroom, studying his surroundings with a gleam in his eye that caught the attention of Ray. Ray was about 4ft tall and fat, very strong and stupid. Everyday Ray would attack Vydráel with quick punches and kicks when no one was looking, not that anyone but the teachers of the school cared, Vydráel had no friends but he was used to it by now. Ray had broken Vydráel's wrist the day before and that was his fifth broken bone thanks to the boy. Vydráel sneered at Ray as he walked up to Vydráel.
"So Vivi, you going home yet?" The brute asked him.
"None of your business." Vydráel tartly replied.
"It is if you don't want me to break your other hand." Vydráel pretended to look frightened.
"You.. You wouldn't!" Vydráel replied back in his best imitation of fear.
Ray took a step forward and made a move to grab Vydráel's left hand, as he moved forward he didn't notice a chair flying towards him until it had left a mark on his face. His body slid away from Vydráel only slightly but the damage was done, he was panicking now.
"Don't you dare! Or i'll break your neck Ray." Vydráel stopped pretending and was standing up now, chair in hand.
"How did you move like that?" Was all Ray managed to say as the chair hit his face again but with more then enough force.....

Vydráel refocused his eyes on Sophia. "Where were we?" He asked, slightly annoyed at the mental intrusion

Sophia watched in confusion as Vydrael drifted off for a few moments. She considered shaking him, but then he began speaking again. With a skeptical look she responded, "we were discussing good and evil and such. We can change the subject if you like?" Perhaps a new subject will keep him from drifting off.

Vydráel shook his head. "No it's fine, I don't know how that happened." He replied. "Just old ghosts that wont lie." His train of thought took a new turn as he looked at the Forbidden Forest. "Have you ever taken a trip there?" He asked while pointing in it's direction.

Ford was taking some time from doing homework to walk around the lakefront, it was a quiet enough place and allowed him to collect his thoughts. When he reached the lake, he saw Sophia and a smaller student, most likely a first year, speaking. The rebellious teenage boy, filled with jealousy and misplaced rage inside Ford, stirred slightly. Sophia always seemed to be talking with other boys, especially Bruin. She always seemed to be leading him around then moving on to other guys. Ford, however, quickly pressured this feeling into control and strolled up next to Sophia, standing a little bit closer than is socially normal. "A few times," he said haughtily, "It's dangerous in there, though. You'd be tough to survive it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back