Getting Away

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia had walked from the Slytherin Common Room out to the grounds. Things had heated up in there and she felt the need to escape everything. She walked around to the opposite side of the lake, away from all other students, and came upon the rock that she and Ford had sat on a number of times. Deciding that this would be a good spot, Sophia sat down on the ground beneath a nearby tree, her back leaning on the trunk. With her bag next to her, she grabbed a book from it and began reading, indulging in the quiet sounds of nature.

Ford walked down from the castle, he was relatively calm and wanted to fall asleep by the calm of lake. But he saw Sophia reading by the lake. He walked up to where she was, "How're you doing?" He asked quietly.

Sophia jumped a bit at the sound of Ford's voice, looking up at him in surprise. Having been so absorbed into her book, she had been expecting to hear anyone talking to her, let alone Ford. "I am...all right." She said slowly, softy. Sophia did not seem sad, but she also did not seem to be her normal assertive self. "How are you?"

"Calmer," Ford nodded. He sat down next to Sophia, leaning back and proping himself up with his elbows. "Bellatrix is just so caught up with her own delusions of grandeur. And I was in a bad mood earlier."

"I noticed you seemed a bit on edge. I have no problem in you going off on Bellatrix though. I do not care what she thinks, but I am tired of listening to her run her mouth, saying the same things over and over like a broken record. She can believe whatever she wants, but she needs to keep her opinions to herself." Sophia had been starting to get riled up again, so she took in a breath, slowly exhaling to calm herself.

Sophia looked down at Ford, and was suddenly nervous. The events of the other night rushed into her thoughts and she quickly looked away, returning to her book.

Ford noticed Sophia's change of activity. He shifted to sitting up straight and looked at Sophia through the corner of his eye. "If you want to be alone, I can go." Ford said quietly.

"No!" Sophia said suddenly, now looking at him. "You...you should stay," she said quietly, almost seeming shy. Sophia was acting quite strange at this moment, much unlike herself. She was confused about Ford, what to feel, what to do.

Ford cocked his head to the right, "Alright," he replied. He really didn't know what to do. His anger and frustration had died down since the other night, he returned to resting on his elbows. His nerves were jumping all over the place, but he didn't show it. He didn't want to pressure Sophia, he actually cared about what she thought of him. "What are you reading?"

"Basic Hexes for the Busy and Vexed," she replied, seeming a bit more herself now. She had taken in some breaths and calmed herself inside, telling herself that she needed to be normal, although she felt anything but normal inside. "I do not have to read right now though, if you wished to do something else."

"It's okay, you can read," Ford said, "I just wanted to see if you were okay. We just have to find ways to deal with Bellatrix." Ford shrugged.

"Oh...all right. I shall continue reading then." Sophia returned to her book, a bit disappointed, but refusing to let it show.

Ford looked at Sophia, confused. He wasn't in the mood to figure out women, he had had enough frustration that day and didn't need any more. He shrugged and laid down on the grass to fall asleep.

Glancing over from her book, Sophia frowned at Ford. She was trying to get closer to him, but she was unsure of how to do it. The only person Sophia had ever been close with was her mother, and that was a very different kind of relationship. With a soft sigh, Sophia kept reading, cursing herself on the inside for not knowing what to do.

Ford peeked out of his eyes at Sophia occasionally, hoping she wasn't looking. He couldn't help but feel that something had just flown over his head like a muggle airplane, but he wasn't sure what exactly. After a while of lying in silence he sat up again.

Go for it, he thought with one half of his brain. Go for what? The other half thought. In a panic, Ford decided just to edge a little closer to Sophia, and see what she did.

Sophia had been trying very hard to concentrate on her book, but to no avail. Her gaze kept slipping and moving over to Ford, moving quickly back to her book each time. She had seem him glancing at her, and hoped that he hadn't noticed her looking at him.

Of course Sophia noticed that Ford had moved closer, and she was completely unsure of what to do. She knew that moving away would be a bad idea., that will just make him stop trying. After taking in and letting out a deep breath, Sophia moved herself slightly closer to Ford, her gaze remaining on her book. She hoped she had not been too obvious, but she did not know what else to do. Continuing to read her book, Sophia tried to act as if nothing had happened, her face void of expression.

Ford looked at Sophia blatantly now. He had no clue what he was doing, but he took her moving closer to be a good thing. Ford's mind raced from one thing to another, trying to get an idea of what to do next. Running out of ideas, he moved a little closer, then began putting his arm over her shoulder.

Out of the corner of her golden eyes, Sophia could see Ford looking at her. She tried to keep focused on her book, but found it very hard as Ford moved closer, and then began putting his arm around her. This was very new for Sophia, and she was quite unsure of what to do, how to react. Looking up from her book, she looked shyly at Ford, and then back down to her book. She was happy that he was getting closer, but she was still scared. Blinking nervously, Sophia tried to keep focused on her book, but her gaze kept shifting between the book and Ford.

Ford, seeing that Sophia wasn't pulling away, put his arm around her, awkwardly at first, but he warmed up to it as time went on. He tried to think of something to say, but nothing was coming to mind, so he didn't say anything, which was probably a good thing, because what would come out would be akin to 'duh bluh der girl'.

It got even harder for Sophia to concentrate on reading once Ford's arm was around her, touching her. Sophia was not used to being touched by other people, but it did not bother her that Ford was touching her, as she had thought it would. Quite the opposite in fact, Ford's touch was welcome and gave her a warm feeling inside. Her attempt at reading was now completely in vain, as she was looking at Ford much more often than her book, trying pointlessly not to look obvious.

Ford looked at Sophia, completely lost on what to do from here. Go for it, the voice said again. Ford had no idea what he was going for, but when Sophia looked at him, he went for it. He leaned over and kissed her.

Sophia had looked to Ford, and, seeing that he was looking at her, kept her gaze on him. She noticed him leaning in closer to her and closed her eyes as their lips met. It was surprisingly pleasing to Sophia, who had thought she would never be close to anyone. They kissed for a few moments before she realized that they were outside, at which point she quickly pulled away and looked back at her book, her pale cheeks flushed red with embarrassment. Hoping that Ford would not get the wrong idea from her sudden action, Sophia looked up at him with a soft smile on her lips.

Kissing was new for Ford, he never had really been that close to anybody, this was all new. Suddenly, Sophia pulled away. Ford didn't know what to think, What'd I do? He panicked, but then she looked up at him, smiling. The only thing Ford could do was grin like an idiot back. He gently pulled her closer to him and smiled again.

Sophia closed her eyes and breathed in the moment, enjoying being so close to Ford. However, when she opened her eyes, Sophia remembered that they were out in the open. After scooting away from Ford, she gave him a sad look and whispered,. "I am so sorry. I...I really like you, but...I cannot show these emotions for everyone to see." Trying her hardest not to look sad, Sophia looked back to her book, merely pretending to read while she was actually thinking.

Ford looked at Sophia, and considered quietly for a moment. His initial reaction was to be hurt and angry, but this was Sophia, not some random giggly girl. He cocked his head to the side contemplatively, "We can go somewhere else if you want." He suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back