Get your hands off... wait, Ange?

Teddy nudged her. He waited as Tracey climbed off his lap before turning to Angela. "Seriously, I liked all that spunk you had. Gave me a hell of a shock but it was cool." He remembered when he first saw spunky Angela, his first day back after he had been to Durmstrang. He had actually apologised to her for ruining her life. they had had some very interesting history. He couldn't honestly say he hadn't meant to do it, at the time he had, he could say he definitely regretted it though.

Tracey left, and Angela felt a little more uncomfortable. She looked at her hands still, not wanting to look at him. She somehow felt he'd know what changed her, and she'd be that awkward friend that he couldn't be alone with. In all honesty, it wasn't just his fault; the world had caught up to her. She realized that some day, Kairi would ask about her mommy and daddy, and about Angela's parents. Everything would crash down, and everyone was going to leave her. "I don't know... she left." She wanted to say, 'she left like everyone else'. It was obvious, if someone was to look inside Angela's head, that she had abandonment issues. Bad ones that needed help, but she wouldn't get that help because Damien would worry, and she wouldn't get Kairi, and she'd look insane.

Teddy immediately saw what was going on. Well, he couldn't tell the details but he could guess the gist of it. He reached over and, being the strong boy he was, picked up Angela with no trouble. He put her on his lap and hugged her close.

"Hey hun. Cheer up." Teddy could suddenly remembered why he had liked her in the first place. She was a sweet girl, always felt bad for things other people did and took things to heart. Always made him want to just hug her and protect her, something he would be doing from now on most likely.

Angela tried to hold back her emotions, those are what had gotten her in trouble, the reason Adam had left in her second year. Everyone had left her, except Teddy. When he hugged her, she couldn't do it anymore, it was like she had a waterfall in her eyes. She was too afraid to grow up alone, she couldn't do it without a mother and father; without Sarah and Kari. Who was going to teach her what she needed to know, Damien couldn't do it She wouldn't let him. She sat there, as if she was a rag doll. Her face was buried in his shoulder, and all she could say was, "I'm sorry."

Teddy rubbed her back soothingly. She needed a good cry, everyone did, he had had one before he left school. "Don't be sorry. You need a good cry hun." He just sat there and rubbed her back until she moved away. He knew how to deal with all sides of Angela. He had had to comfort most of them after all.

Teddy knew how to calm any mood of hers. If she was sad she needed a hug and a shoulder to cry on, if it was a mad mood however, well that one was tricky. He generally annoyed her more until she swung for him. She couldn't hit that hard and he could deal with pain, plus it calmed her down. He wouldn't pressure him to tell her what was wrong, she would tell him when she wanted to.

Angela sat there for what seemed like forever before she finally got the motivation to move. The bench was warm still, that was something she was thankful for. The silence, however, she was not so thankful for. She almost felt obligated to tell him what it was, but how would she start off. 'Hi I'm Angela, and I'm crazy.'? No, that wasn't right. That would be weird. She sat there, looking at her hands.

"I think I'm going crazy." It was better then nothing, better then what she had before. She couldn't just keep something from someone who had so much history with her. She looked over, to make sure Kairi was still playing nicely. And she was.

Teddy kept a hand on her when she moved. He knew the value of touch when you were upset. "Why?" He wasn't like normal people. They just started saying you weren't when they didn't know the problems, it wasn't convincing at all. He found out the problem then explained exactly why that was normal and how she wasn't. He used sound logic so it would just be silly to disagree with him.

Angela looked at her hands. She wasn't sure how to tell him what made her crazy. "I just, I don't know, I just am." She said with a small frown. She wasn't bout to admit that she spoke to Sarah every night. "I can't bare this... I mean, everyone i knew is dying, or leaving me behind; no one even cares!" She had almost slipped, saying he must know what it's like. but, she caught herself and spilled the crazy.

Teddy turned to face her. "Then just call me no one." He checked to make sure the girls were okay before turning back. "I'm here. What about Skyle? Damien? Kairi even?" He knew it could be dangerous to bring up Skyle's name but he was proving a point. "I'm sure they all care and can tell who you are just as well as I can." Teddy usually had a way with words but he was out of practise. It had been almost a year since he had even spoken to another teenager that wasn't a relative.

Teddy did have a way of at least making her smile. She looked at him and nodded a bit. "But you weren't... I mean..." She was almost about to say something about the Yule Ball incident. She wasn't used to having to hide things from people. She wanted to be ten again; it was easier then. Just her and Skyle. "i haven't really spoken to her in a while... and Damien doesn't care. I know he doesn't." She then looked at Kairi. "What is she leaves when she's older, or they try and take her again." She referred to biting the social worker.

Teddy sighed, he knew that they would get to the topic of that. He could tell where her mind was. "If Damien didn't care do you really think he'd still let you live with him. He took you in out of choice and is keeping you out of choice. I doubt Kairi will leave you, she loves you too much and you take such good care of her. Just because you don't talk to Skyle much doesn't mean she doesn't care. As for me.."

Teddy sighed and took a deep breath. "I wasn't there back then but I am now. I know I was stupid at the, the last time I saw you. I've grown up since then and come to grips with myself and I can promise you I will always be here for you." Of course Teddy would be there for her, sure he had gotten annoyed with her in the past and messed her around but he had always cared. Even when he had liked Skyle he had cared enough to try not to hurt her.

Angela listened to what Teddy had to say. She wanted to retort, but he had a good point. It could be the money, since sometimes there was a reimbursement to go along with the brats they took in. And maybe Kairi wouldn't leave. She looked at her hands, and began chewing at her nails again. She looked shocked at what he said, though he knew that he meant as friends. Had she really left him behind? She nodded.

"You weren't stupid." She said to him. "You just knew how you felt. I'm sorry, for the Yule Ball." It nearly chocked her to admit that what she did was stupid, and wrong. She had messed up her own night, and possibly his too.

Teddy shook his head. "Don't apologise for something that can't be changed, there's no point. Besides, you just knew how you felt." He copied her own words and smiled at her. "Now brush away your tears and smile." He nudged her playfully. He didn't like her crying, or being upset in general. There was a small thing that bugged him though. "I thought Skyle lived with you."

Angela wiped her face away and laughed a bit. "You're a copycat." She said sticking her tongue out a little bit. She looked at her nails, taking one hand out of her mouth; she really needed to stop that. "She does." She answered with a slight hesitance. "I try to stay out of everyone's way." And by that, she meant she was avoiding people. it was hard, but she just had to be out when Skyle was in or awake at least.

Teddy shook his head. "Try talking to her." He pulled her closer again and engulfed her in a giant bear hug. "You really need to stop that by the way." He smirked at her. He could tell, just by the way she stopped, that was exactly what she had been thinking just now. He didn't let her go, mainly because it felt nice to sit here like this, and also because he could tell it would bug her and make her smile at the same time.

"I don't know..." She said with a small frown. "Have you and her kept in touch?" He asked with a small frown, hoping they might have. It would be easier. She made a slight gasping sound, as if he was killing her in the hug. She laughed a little bit. "I know." She said, her poor nails had been brutalized a lot since he had left. "Thanks, Teddy." she said with a smiled. "Can I move now?" Though she didn't honestly want to.

Teddy shook his head and laughed. "No you may not, I have you now." He chuckled before answering her previous question. "Not really. It may sound harsh but I saw no reason to." He did like to be honest and it was the truth. He realised Angela being his friend was important and he didn't like Skyle as much as he thought he had so he just didn't owl her and, since she didn't owl him either, they lost touch. Sure, Skyle was beautiful, but she was boring and he needed someone fun.

She laughed a bit. "Teddy!" She whined with a small frown. She nodded into his chest, she understood it slightly. "Oh, that explains why she didn't ask about you or anything." She said with a slight frown. Had something happened between them that Angela was unaware of? She hoped not. She stayed in his arms, poking his sides, hoping for a ticklish spot. She couldn't remember if he had one or not.

Teddy laughed with her. "Tough, I own you now. You're mine." He smiled and shrugged when she mentioned that Skyle hadn't mentioned him. He expected it to hurt a little but found it didn't. He guessed he really hadn't loved her the way he thought. "Well why would she?" He guessed that, like his had, her feelings had fizzled out into nothing. He wondered for a second if Angela knew something he didn't, something that made her so comfortable talking about them.

She laughed and wriggled around. "Can you at least look at the kids and see if their okay, for me?" She asked with a giggle. She shrugged. "Because we were going to school, weren't we. She, oh never mind." She laughed some more, still poking at his sides with her fingers. "Aren't you ticklish anywhere?" She asked. "Where's the release button?"

Teddy laughed at her attempts to get out. "How about you poke around and find out." He winked at her cheekily and laughed more. He always found he could let go when he was with Angela. It didn't matter what mood he was in usually, unless it was towards her of course but that had only happened twice that he could remember. When her aunt dumped his dad and when she dumped him. To be fair though, he did have anger issues according to the social worker that dealt with Tracey's case. She had checked out the entire household before allowing her to live with them.

Angela laughed. "Creeper no creeping!" She said. Her eyes had become less puffy, less red. She poked his side, and his arms. "Please. i can't breathe!" She lied slightly, laughing more. Why did he have to be so Teddy. She could never turn him down, he was too perfect in her eyes. No matter how many times they fought, she could never be mad. She laughed a bit more and pulled back a little bit, using some of her strength. "Come on!" She yelled with more giggles and laughs.

Teddy laughed and finally let go, just as she was putting all of her strength into it. He knew she could breathe but he was getting too warm with her on top of him. He knew he should be taking them all back now, it was almost Oscars feeding time, but he didn't want to leave Angela and he couldn't take her home with him. Not with Stacy still home and drunk. He considered getting Alfie or Jessi to take them but he knew they would just tease him when he got home and there would be a fight.

Angela's mind wandered a bit until he let her go. There was that moment, that one that no one could ever describe. She looked at him, not saying anything, and she didn't plan to until a tugging on her pants came. it was Kairi; she had come over there. Angela turned and looked down. "Whet is it sweety?" She asked, and then looked at her watch. "Oh god, it's feeding time." She moved and picked Kairi up. "Thanks Teddy, um... keep in touch, right?" She asked him, holding Kairi comfortably.

Teddy looked at her and nodded. "Sure, I'll owl you later yeah?" He stood and waved the girls over. Tracey brought Olivia over and, right on cue, Oscar began to cry. "I guess it's his feeding time too." He smiled and hugged Angela again, making sure not to alarm or hurt Kairi. "See you around then." He held out one hand, which was snapped up by Olivia, and placed the other on the push chair. Tracey held Olivia's other hand and they walked away in a line. Teddy was wearing a grin, it was nice to see Angela again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back