Gathering by moonlight

Persephone Archimedis

Perse stood by the edge of the forest. She gripped her cloak about her body when a gust of cold winter air blew through. She shivered and shifted from foot to foot. She held a basket clutched in one of her frozen hands. The Hospital Wing's stores were getting low and she had to go in the forest for more supplies.

Getting a message from Perse Sebastien had bundled up. They had to go into the Forest tonight to get some supplies for the hospital wing.

Reaching the edge of the forest Sebastien saw PErse look unworldy in the moonlight.

"Helo Perse,you sure know who to pick the time to go searching for supplies" Sebastien said with a smile and shiver.

Perse laughed, the sound clear and bright in the cold winter night. She linked an arm with one of his. "Ah but I have hot chocolate and biscuits back at my office. A right nice incentive ay?" Perse grinned cheekily up at him.

Gazing down at her, Sebastien replied "Well what are we waiting for the sooner we get done the sooner we can head back up to the castel for that hot chocolate and those delicous biscuits". Sebastien gave a hardy laugh.

Perse laughed and glanced up at him as they walked into the forest. She led him along a trail she'd discovered her second week here. "They should be around the bend. I hope the centaurs haven't confiscated them yet."
Perse's heart thudded in her chest whenever she looked up at Sebastien. She felt like a silly school girl and prayed with all her might that she didn't say something stupid. Or trip. Oh lord, she hoped she didn't trip!
She was opening her mouth to say something when a root caught her toe and tripped her. "Oh bugger!"

Perse was the first person in awhile who made Sebastien feel good about himself. After the death of Ella many years ago Sebastien worried he would never feel
Good about anything again. Sebastien could not help but smile every time Perse looked at him.

Following the women never letting go of her arm and always keeping his wand ready, He was enjoying the friendly company but he did not know what exactly they were looking for. He was about to ask when al of a sudden Perse had trip on a tree root.

Sebastien did not think he just acted. In one swift movement he caught Perse before she fell to the ground. Just holding her close made him feel alive, looking down into her eyes, Sebastien just held her there for a while. After about thirty seconds he let go of her and scratched the back of his head. "Sorry about that!"

Perse felt lost in the look from Sebastien's eyes. Her breath caught in her throat.
Was he? Should she? The moment was lost when he stepped back.
"Sorry about that!"
Perse took a minute to straighten her cloak and pull the hood up around her head. Her ears were freezing! She couldn't stall anymore. She grabbed her basket where it'd fallen on the forest floor.
"Ay ay, no worries." She walked a little ahead of him and tried to gather her thoughts. She couldn't think straight! Her violet eyes snuck peeks at him over her shoulder.
"They're just around there." Perse pointed her hand shook. Ahead of them they reached a break in the path and at first it was too dark to see. Then the moonlight shined down and hundreds of multi colored irises bloomed before their eyes.

Feeling stupid for letting the moment pass Sebastien trudged on. After a few minutes Perse and Sebastien had made it to there destination. Sebastien was left breathless but not at the flowers, he was left breathless at the sight of perrse under the moonlight. Sebastien had to keep his emotions in check.

"So what are these for?"

"They have many uses. The ones we gather tonight will be used for a special salve to treat magical scarring. Normally other healers don't use them in their salves but I find it works against the damage caused by magic. Cecily's scars have faded quite nicely." Talking about something she knew about helped Perse gather her thoughts. She set the basket down on the ground and started picking the flowers.
"It's kind of funny. There's enough here to make enough love potion to dose the entire wizarding community." Perse laughed. Then she replayed what she'd just said in her head. That didn't come out well she thought.

Listening to what perse had said about the medical properties of the plant , Sebastien began picking the flowers and placing them in the basket. He was so wrapped up in the information that he was given about the plant , that when Perse mention love potion Sebastien gulped. But something came to him.

He stood up and raised his wand to the the sky and whispered a quick incantation so that Perse could not hear. a wisp of light float from Sebastien's wand. THe wisp rose higher and higher and got larger and larger throwing light over everything in the area. then suddenly with a lite popping noise the wisp burst into many tiny little bubbles of light. with a nice breeze adn the moonlight the bubbles danced aroun the two figures in the forest.

"They will help provide some light and ward off any animals or beast out here!" Sebastien said quickly as he turned around and face Perse.

"Hmm? Oh yes I'm sure." Perse nodded her agreement not really looking up from cutting the flowers. Then a light floated in front of her eyes and she looked up. Her mouth fell open in surprise. The flowers fell from her hands when she stood up and looked around in awe. "Sebastien." She whispered. "They're..it's..beautiful."

Sebastien decide to act a little restless. walking over to Perse Sebastien reached up with his hand and held it to the side of her face. "Their beauty can never compare to yours" He stood there looking into Perse's eye.

Perse's breath caught in her chest. What was she about to say? She couldn't remember anything. Not now. Not when looking into his eyes. She felt her eyes flutter closed and she leaned into his hand on her cheek.

Sebastien step closer adn now sliding his hand up her chin and raising it to meet his gaze he placed a single kiss on her lips and then stepped back and started picking the flowers once more.

((hope that is not godmoddish))

Perse opened her eyes after a minute and pressed her fingertips lightly to her lips. She looked over at Sebastien picking flowers then started to pick them too. "This should be enough. I can't feel my fingers." She laughed and gathered the basket. Her humour came out and she turned to him. "Onward to yon castle sir? Where we shall warm our gullets with hot cider and all the biscuits we can eat."

(OOC: Not at all. ;-) )

Still smiling from ear to ear Sebastien finished up and gathered the basket of flowers. After he was ready he offered perse his arm so that she would not fall again, and maybe just to have her close. "After you my lady"

Perse laughed and watched the air puff out in front of her. It was so cold! She snuggled closer to Sebastien's side. "Bless the house-elfs! The cider will be piping hot and I hope they brought the chocolate chip biscuits. Mmm." They walked for a couple minutes. "How are classes going for you?"

"I have been busy, but I am having fun teaching full time the kids are great." Sebastien said as he pulled Perse in just a litttle tighter. "How are thing in the hospital wing?"

"Dismally slow." Perse sighed. "Not that I'm not happy the students aren't hurt or sick. I guess I was expecting at least one sniffle." She shrugged and looked around. "I love the snow. It makes everything look so pretty. It'll be sad when it all melts."

Sebastien laughed a little when the women was explaining the lack of company in the sick ward. "The snow is pretty this time of year. I love the cold weather."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back