OOC First Name
Anna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
With a few hours to spare between classes, and a restless feeling in his chest from being cooped up indoors all day, Knox decided enough was enough, and ran to his dorm to grab his guitar before making his way to the Hogwarts grounds. With his guitar hanging from his back by the strap, Knox searched around for the most perfect place to practice, strolling as the feeling of soft grass underneath his shoes changed to dirt, and then later to the firmness of concrete when he reached the Hogwarts gardens. The gardens were a place Knox hadn’t been interested in nor had the chance to visit before leaving in his first year, though now that he was older the calmness of being surrounded by flowers, watching butterflies flutter nearby appealed to him rather than drove him away. The calmness was what he needed for his practicing, the peaceful atmosphere of being one with nature and breathing fresh air the ideal setting for him to both feel inspired and keep his concentration.​
Following one of the pathways to a clearing surrounded by hedges, with two benches placed adjacent to each other, Knox decided this was the perfect spot to play. He shuffled to hold his guitar against his front, and moved to sit down on one of the benches, getting comfortable before bringing his right hand to pluck the guitar strings, while his left hand formed chords. Knox wasn’t playing anything in particular, simply going through the motions and progressing through each chord he knew to warm up his hands and get them familiar with playing again. It wasn’t anything special or exciting, but it was something, and he would rather practice mindlessly than never practice his playing at all.​

Ava had escaped out to the gardens, enjoying the sunshine on her skin as she lay in the grass, painting one of the flower bushes. This one was so bright and colorful she couldn't help but paint. She had had so much upheaval in her life lately. The twins being born, her brother intent on torturing one of her favorite Professors. She kept getting little notes from Philip and Vader seemed so... well, less exhausted and worn out from before. But still enough that she worried. She paused in her work as she heard someone nearby strumming the guitar. She popped up from behind her rose bush, smiling brightly at the boy. "Hi!" She chirped, not noticing the splotch of paint on her cheek.

As Knox played he got more comfortable and confident with his chords, allowing his eyes to wander from where his fingers pressed into the frets of his guitar to his surroundings. When a head popped up from behind a rosebush, it startled him, causing him to suddenly stop his playing and pluck an awful sounding note in surprise as he did so. Thinking he was alone in the small clearing, seeing someone else made him feel a little too self conscious to continue practicing in the way he was. He never was good with audiences, playing in front of anyone other than Bucket or his guitar tutor causing him to freeze up and forget his music. “Oh, hi.” Knox greeted, smiling and pulling his guitar from around his shoulders as he tried to play off his surprise, placing his guitar against the bench next to where he was sitting. “Um, you have a little-” Knox murmured, bringing two of his fingers to his own cheek to indicate the paint splatter on the girl's face. “Just here, is it paint?” He asked, unable to see what it really was from his distance. It could have been some kind of potion, or a melted candy for all he knew. He couldn't smell any distinctive potions brewing or the sickly sweet scent of candies but that didn't erase the possibility.​

Ava giggled at his surprise. "Sorry!" She gathered her things, shimmying out from behind the rose bush and moving over to sit by his feet. She looked up at him, touching her fingers to her cheek. "Oh, oops," She giggled, wiping it away on her sleeve. She settled against the bench, repositioning the painting in her lap. "Sorry to interrupt," She chirped brightly, "I'm Avaria! But everyone calls me Ava." She chattered, "I was laying down when I heard you playing- you can keep going if you want, I had to listen to my friend Onyx when he was learning to play and he was just horrid for the longest time. I only play the piano myself but usually, I just paint," She stopped herself, giggling. "Sorry, what's your name?" She inquired.

It was a lot for Knox take in at once to have this girl -who was apparently named Ava- approach him and sit by his feet when he was still somewhat in a state of shock to realize he wasn’t alone in this clearing in the gardens. Although he did try his best to listen to her words, and noted the painting she had with her as he took a moment to breathe before he responded to all the things Ava said. “Oh no, it’s okay, I don’t like playing in front of other people yet.” Knox admitted first, knowing it had been a while since he had practiced his playing properly and he was surely rusty as he tried to get his fingers used to the strings of his guitar again. Secondly, he introduced himself in return before he finally decided to ask about the painting Ava was working on, as it clearly took up so much of her concentration she hadn’t noticed the obvious splatter of paint on her face until he mentioned it. “I’m Knox, what’s your painting of?” He asked, tilting his head from where he was sitting to try and get a better look at Ava’s canvas.​

Ava shrugged as he said he wasn't comfortable playing in front of other people. "That's alright! If you ever want lessons though I have a friend who could help," She offered, not bothering to stop and think how Sapphire or Kira would think of her offering their services. She moved to sit next to him, showing her painting of the flower bush she'd been hiding behind. "I have more canvas if you want to paint with me," She offered brightly, "It's always good to have company!" She giggled. "Knox is a really nice name," She told him with a bright smile. "Are you new here? I don't think I've seen you before. What house are you in? I'm in Ravenclaw," She chattered happily.

Knox looked over to his guitar for a moment, then shook his head at Ava’s suggestion, knowing it was probably best he didn’t pester other students to help him with his guitar playing. He could barely play in front of his tutor at home and having to play to someone new would be too nerve wracking before he felt more confident in himself. “Uh, thanks, but I have a tutor at home that I see in the holidays, I’m just practicing what I know until I see them again.” He explained, looking back to Ava and smiling when she asked if he wanted to paint with her. “Oh, um, sure. I won’t be very good but I can try.” He said, shifting to sit next to her on the ground in front of the bench, wondering what kind of supplies she would offer him to paint with her. As he looked to her canvas again he tried to answer her question while keeping the subject on Ava’s art, since he felt uncomfortable whenever someone said they hadn’t seen him around before. It reminded him how out of place he felt having to return to Hogwarts in the middle of his third year after being away, and he would rather avoid talking about it if it were possible. “I’m in Gryffindor, and I’m not new exactly. That’s cool you’re in Ravenclaw, I heard Ravenclaws can be really creative and I guess this is proof.” Knox said as he gestured to Ava’s painting. “Do you make other kinds of art?” He added, wondering if painting was her only hobby or if she was good at many different creative things.​

Ava nodded at his words. "Tutors are good, my gramma used to tutor me to play the piano," She mused out loud. "I miss those lessons," She sighed, before turning back to look at him. "Do you like the guitar?" She asked him, curiously. She offered him several pieces of thick parchment, reaching into her bag and producing several different brushes. She giggled when he said he was in Gryffindor. "All the nicest people are Gryffindors," She mused out loud. "Two of my best friends are there, Timmy and Zephyr. Er, Vader Hume and Elio Zephyr," She corrected herself in case he might know them. "If you need anything, go to them, they're the sweetest people ever, I adore them so much." She grinned, producing a bunch of paints and a parchment specifically to keep the paint on. "Oh, lots of stuff. I paint a lot, but I play the piano too," She smiled brightly. "What about you? What all do you like to do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back