OOC First Name
Mia
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ngawaiata
It was the yule ball and harmony was going with her friend. she enjoyed hanging out with leo ever since they had met at the Halloween feast in first year. He was awkward, so incredibly formal and adorable and was certainly one of her friends. She had seen him go to the ball with other girls each year wondering what they thought of him. wondered if they were using him and laughing behind his back. she knew how mean some girls could be, she was fairly sure that they laughed at her too behind her back too. but she knew herself well enough for it not to matter. tonight she was dressed in an ice blue outfit that she hopped was fitting for a yule ball and wasn't too outrageous.
knowing that the entrance hall would be overwhelmingly busy with people meeting friends from other houses they had decided to meet at the top of the main stairs so that it would be a little easier to find each other but they were also close to the ball. Niamh arrived and waited watching the boys walk past in suits and the girls looking pretty in their dresses looking forward to spending the night with her friend.

Leonardo Orr was no stranger to going to the ball with someone but this time around he would be going with someone he both knew and already likely, a novelty for Leo. His dates to previous balls had all be nice girls whom he had not known and it had been fine in those occasions, the people he went with had always been nice and given what he was asking of them too he appreciated it. But going with a friend. One of only two friends he actually had, that felt both exciting and nerve-wracking. Could he ruin his friendship if this went wrong.

Leonardo had put his suit, one he was filling in better with every year, though it looked older and older with each year. His grandfather had expressly gotten him this suit because he would grow into it. Leo was ready quickly, he'd put in a bit more effort, feeling a little self concious as he got himself ready, wanting to make a good impression on her. Leo got to the top of the main stairs and spotted Harmony. She was pretty, and he appreciated her kindness to him. She was a good friend and he appreciated her at every turn. He knew that she was kind to him when most others would be, given how awkward he knew he was. "Hey," he greeted with an almost smile. He took a little rose out of his pocket and held it out to her, "Happy Yule," She looked nice, but Leonardo wasn't sure if he should say as much.

Harmony could see Leonardo approaching. and smiled he looked smart. like he always did especially at these kind of events. "hi leonardo. you look smart" she said as he got near enough nodding her head and smiling. not sure what kind of greeting was appropriate for him.
her smile widened into a grin as he took a small rose out of his jacket and gave it to her. "Thank you. it is beautiful" she said as admiring it and giving it a sniff. it smelt like summer and reminded her of valentines day adventures until she poked it into her hair for both safekkepign and display. "happy yule to you too" she said offering him her arm and gesturing down to the entrance hall specifically the doors to the great hall.

Leonardo nodded a little shyly at the compliment before gesturing back to her. "You look pretty," his words were sincere if uncertain, he didn't know the boundaries here, she was pretty but could he say that to her with it being weird, given that they were friends. He was very nervous about doing something or saying something that would jeopordise their friendship, but he knew this wasn't a date really, they were just friends going to an event, as if they'd run into each other at an event. Leonardo took Harmony's arm as she offered it to him and began walking towards the great hall. "Would you want to dance?" he asked with a motion towards the other people dancing. He knew they hadn't tended to dance when just hanging out at the halloween feast, but this was a dance and it felt a little wrong to not try and dance with her at the event.

Harmony smiled as Leo said that she looked pretty. "Thank you" she said. she had tried on a heap of outfits in the dorm over the last few days trying to find something that felt both her and wasn't too over the top that leo would, well not run away, he was too polite to do that, but want to run away. they descended the stairs arm in arm into the chaos of the entrance hall and she was glad that he was with her something to keep her grounded over the chaos of the noise. she focused on him and tried to keep a steady note as a humm in her head to try and drown out the rest of the world until they were in the great hall her eyes drifted around to the dcorations. it reminded her of home, the snow and the trees "wow they did it so nice" she breithed more to herself than to leo. her attention turning back to him as he spoke. "Yeah dancing sounds fun" she asked as their path lead towards the dance floor that was already filling up with people.

Leonardo was very focused on putting one foot in front of the other as they moved towards the hall. He didn't glance about, just focused on making sure that he didn't fall over or trip her up. He only glanced up as Harmony spoke and he glanced around the room. "It's always very well decroated," Leo agreed with her, "You're from a place where this is a more familiar yule right?" he couldn't remember exactly where Harmony was from, but was sure that this was a more familiar yule than the warm New Zealand one. He was a little nervous to dance with her but as they got to the dancefloor he moved to stand in front and dance more formally with her, "I can waltz...," he wasn't sure if she'd want to do formal dancing or if she'd want to dance more as others were.

Harmony nodded as Leonardo said that it was always well decorated. she knew some years it was the seasonal summer theme. but she liked the winter best. "Yes, it is a wintery Christmas. cold snowy the sun doesn't even rise during winter" she said. She had always found a special magic among the cold and dark. the stars and the lights and the snow.
She wasn't sure what she had expected when they reached the dance floor. thinking afterwards she would admit she hadn't expected him to do the cauldron shuffle thbut as they reached it and Leo stood in front of her and asked her to waltz she smiled. of course he would want some formal dance. she nodded her head once and held out her arms. "I am afraid I have only been shown how to waltz once years ago so I am sorry if I get it wrong" she said. once they moved into the flow and started to dance she looked at leo. "are you doing anything special for the holiday?" she asked interested to hear how she spent her fae=e

Leonardo couldn't help but wonder which country she was from, it had to be one of the nordic ones. Probably Norway, but since she didn't mention it, he was not about to ask. "What a change for you," he told her, he was sure that this was something he had said before, but still, it was worth saying. He'd been too young to remember the move that he had made to New Zealand. Leo hadn't even thought that she wouldn't know how to do a waltz, he just shook his head, "I can lead," he assured her, "The waltz is all I know...," Leonardo added, and then shook his head, "Nothing special," Leonardo knew that wasn't really giving much away. "My father is supposed to come for the yule celebration, so that might be something," he added, but there was no hint in his tone that indicated that he was excited for it, or looking forward to it, more like it was something he had said before. "You?"

Harmony smiled and nodded.”yes it was I am getting used to it now but it isn’t same “ she said. Thinking of snowy juls’ with the family by the fire and candles and laughing and presents on Christmas Eve. they were never big fancy christmases. but they were cosy and her family was there. and what else was Christmas about. "Sounds like I plan I am sure I will remember once we get started" she lifted her hands into what she thought was the right position to waltz in. "Is this right?" she asked. hoping it wasn't too far off. she had seen it done playing at the school shows but she had always been in the music department not on stage. "that would be nice. you you see your father often?"[/b] she asked she was not sure what his home situation was like. he knew his granddad was a key figure but couldn't recall much more than that. "just a family thing. we are staying here, but my bestemor og bestefar may be coming over. jul just inst the same in the summer." she said. it would be nice to see her grandparents again.

Leonardo wondered how long she'd be in New Zealand, it was probably not that long then if she was only beginning to get used to it. He thought it would be quite a change, and he had some sympathy for how well she had managed to adjust to it, because he wouldn't have known if she hadn't mentioned something about it. As she took the position he gave a little nod, getting himself in the right position too. "Don't worry about getting it wrong," Leonardo assured her with an almost smile on his face, it was quick to come and then fade, but he was trying his best to reassure her that it would be fine. Afterall they were friends, having fun, technically. Leonardo began leading the dancing and shook his head lightly. "Not really, I haven't seen him in almost three years," Leonardo told her with an emotionless tone, like he didn't feel anything about it. "That'll be nice to see them. Do they come every year?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back