Friendship warmth

Liesl Huberta

OOC First Name
Sally
Wand
Curly 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Holly Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Winter in France was sure freezing, but this didn't stop Liesl from her weekend routine. She would start her day with half an hour of stretch, gymnastic and weight training, and concluding it with a jog. The fourteen years old took her sweat pants and coat on, covering herself with layers of wool shirts and scarf, tying her hair into a pony tail before putting on her gloves. She strolled around the block and finally started her jog. The winter breeze was piercing against Liesl's pale skin and boy was it painful. It wasn't snowing, and that made it even worse. Snow actually made the weather warmer than this clear windy day. Liesl stopped for a little bit and started sneezing, surely she was going to catch a cold. Perhaps it wasn't a good day to get off the castle for the city. The weather was getting colder and finally Liesl couldn't stand it anymore. She got into a coffee shop and quickly ordered a hot cocoa. She looked for vacant tables but spotted none. The fourteen years old decided to sit on any random table. "Excuse me but I can't seem to find any empty table, do you mind if I sit here?" the girl started sneezing "Sorry, I can just stand" the young girl said not wanting to spread the virus to the poor stranger.

Spending the weekend in France was not something that Vitale Cardosi wanted to do. His father had to run some errands, and spend some money on some designer clothing. Somehow, it was in France. Vitale did not appreciate the cold as much as the next person. His father told him that he would be back, and dropped him off at a coffee shop while he went across the street. Vitale huffed before he walked inside, ordered some hot coffee and sat down. He was a teenager now, and felt like he could make his own decisions, but his older brother kept reminding him that there was no way in hell that Vitale could make a decision on his own. 'At least he has a guaranteed successful life. Beautiful fiancee, amazing job, even a prefect. God, how I hate him,' thought Vitale as he sipped his coffee. Vitale glanced up with his serpent green eyes, as someone was speaking to him. And sneezing. He gestured toward the empty seat, "Go on ahead." Wizards had means to fix a common cold. Her germs were no threat to him.

Thankfully the boy let Liesl share the same table. She took off her scarf and fold it, the heater had gotten a little bit too warm for the fourteen years old. The brunette took a sip on her hot chocolate as her eyes wandered around the cafe. There was an awkward silence between the two strangers hence Liesl was going to break the ice. "I'm Liesl, Liesl Huberta" she introduced herself to the younger boy. The cafe was small, there weren't enough seat for everyone hence people were squeezing here and there. A wrist of a stranger accidentally knocked on Liesl's head when she was sipping on her hot chocolate. Some of the liquid spilled on her laps which annoyed the girl even more. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" she stood up and yelled at the stranger. She took a napkin and scrubbed on her pants. Too bad she wasn't allowed to clean with a flick of her wand outside of school.

Vitale raised an eyebrow when he heard the surname. He was sure that his uncle dealt with those people before, but he didn't know how. Or maybe that was another family. It was hard to keep up really. Vitale gave a soft smile, "Vitale Cardosi. If you don't mind me asking, you hail from a pure-blood family, right?" Vitale had a hunch, and with the way she behaved, it was definitely attractive. It was almost a shame that he could not even comment on that because of how young he was. He did mature in other aspects, however. Vitale looked over at the person that did such a thing, before Vitale smirked a little more. His cup of coffee was almost cooled down, and disgusting. He threw the cup, splattering all over the stranger. He shrugged his shoulders, turning to the girl. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a couple of galleons, "Want another that you aren't currently wearing?"

Leisl proudly held her chin up when the boy asked if she was pure or at least her family. "Yes indeed, we are the descendant of Gunvalsson" the young girl said proudly, confirming who she was. Liesl was a relatively friendly girl but her prejudiced point of view runs somewhere in her vein. She wont mind having friends that aren't pure but she will not end up with one, period! "My sisters had mentioned something about a Cardosi in her..." she would mention about Hayley and Heather being Scitoraris but she didn't want any other people to hear. She had been warned that it would be best if they could just keep it low. "Poison Atter weekly meeting" she looked away and fiddled her fingers. Some of the Scitorari ladies gathered in the pub and from time to time, some of the gents would come and join them. Liesl kindly refused the galleons that Vitale offered "Oh thank you so much, but it's okay really" she smiled at the boy. Her smile quickly faded once the stranger came to her with some more napkins and apologized non stop. Liesl's facial expression changed from sweet to horrific, she glanced to her side to see who he was. He turned out to be a boy at Beauxbaton, an older boy. Liesl grabbed him by his collar and pulled him toward her until their foreheads were a milometer away "You and your uncoordinated motor system will have to deal with me in school" her breath was deeper and heavier before she pushed him away from her. "Now... Run along, see you in school" her sweetest tone and expression came out as she waved at the boy. "Ah! Where were we? I haven't seen you in Beauxbaton, you're not from here hey?" she tilted her head to the side with her sweet smile still plastered on her face.

The young boy shrugged, "I don't follow names a lot. I let my father take care of that for me." Less for work for him, the better. He was young and could have a long life ahead of him. Though his father was definitely not Collineus. He was thankful for that since he heard of how the twin of his father treated his other children. Selling one to the Zhefarovich family as a way to repay the debt. He also had another daughter with dirty blood and deleted her from the family. Vitale raised an eyebrow when she mentioned something about her sister mentioning the Cardosi last name. Vitale was not in the loop of what his family did, and rightly so. If others tortured them, then they could let loose issues. The less one knew, the better. "Well, my uncle does get around, I guess." Vitale looked to the other student that came up apologizing, and then the girl threatened him. Oh she was feisty. Vitale shook his head, "Nope. Just shopping. I am an exchange student in Ilvormory. Most of my siblings attend different schools to learn about the culture and other magic."

Liesl tilted her eyebrow knowing that Vitale was from Ilvormory, boy was that far from France "welcome to France" Liesl imitated French accent and opened her scarf. It was getting hot in the cafe, thanks for the hardcore heaters Liesl was sweating. She placed everything on the table and sipped on her left over hot cocoa. Liesl had never met anyone who studied in the States before hence she didn't know much about the school. She knew that the Japanese school's uniform was pink which was pretty odd but ah well. "Any of them studying in Beauxbaton or Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts?" these were the two schools that Liesl was and is attending, who knows if she recognize the names.

Vitale gave a light hearted shrug when she welcomed him to France. He had been here many times. When asked if any of his siblings were studying in Beauxbatons or the Dramatic Arts school, he thought over it for a moment. There was his twin, Horace, that was attending Beauxbatons. None of them were into dramatic arts, and he didn't feel like speaking about that school. "My older twin brother is going to Beauxbatons right now. Then my oldest brother is in Hogwarts in Scotland, and two of my older sisters are in Castelobruxo right now." Vitale did not speak about his siblings much because he did not want to be overshadowed by them. The only one that really knew about his hatred was his twin. Vitale didn't really have a choice but to have someone to spill his guts to. He did not say their names, since he didn't think she would know them anyway.

Liesl assumed that Vitale wasn't the kind of person who would share his personal information in depth to a stranger even if Liesl was around his age. "How nice" she dared not to ask him any of their names. Well Liesl would know most of the pureblood in the school but since she just got transferred there she didn't know whose who. "Ummm" she murmured, spinning her mind to find some other topic to distract the awkward silence. "Ummm" she murmured once again before speaking. "W-what do you do for fun?" at this point Liesl had no idea whether she should continue speaking or stop bothering the boy.

Vitale raised an eyebrow as she continued to try to talk, but the constant 'ummm's' were getting to him. A part of him thought that was adorable, but another part of him was annoyed with it. Girls were so complicated, but it was apparent that she wanted to know more about him, and it made him feel better since his brother was not in the picture. He was handsome so girls flocked to him but only one had his heart. Vitale didn't feel as handsome, and didn't have a lot of girl affection. He was a loner, because there was no other choice. "I am a big fan of Quidditch. Never played it because my career is already set. But I also brew potions and read up on different ways to make wine." Merlin's beard, he just made himself sound like the most boring person in the world. So much for actually making a friend. "What do you get to do in that fancy France school?"

When Vitale mentioned about quidditch, Liesl's smile grew bigger. Oh boy was she a huge fan of quidditch, or really any kind of sports. "I was a seeker in Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts and is now a seeker in Beauxbaton" she said with her cheerful tone. And did he just mentioned potion? Oh was she proud of her ancestors and her mother's side, a Howard. She wanted to mention it but Liesl wasn't as talented as her cousins nor was she much into it. "What kind of career?" that was sad of Vitale for not being able to pursue his dream, or at least what he wanted to do. Liesl on the other hand would want to be a professional seeker. "Oh France? My sister is there, Clemence Huberta and my mother wanted me to be closer to her" she shrugged. There weren't many things that she liked about Beauxbaton apart that she got to play in the quidditch team. "Well, great jogging place, I jog every morning before the sun rise" clearly her body was athletic due to her active routine.

She was an actual player. Oh, Vitale was jealous of her immediately. He wanted to play that game. Hell, he wanted to own a broom but his father denied his every request, but allowed Lorenzo his own broom. Allowed only the firstborn son. The daughters could get anything they wanted. He said that he would have to work for it. Vitale sighed, before saying in a bored voice, "My uncle owns a winery and porcelain business. It is famous in Italy, I believe. A firm recognition, even in the muggle world. I am supposed to help with the accounting when I am older, or the laws. I just hope they don't stick me in the muggle world part." Her sister was here, and that was why she was here. Vitale could see that. His siblings were all over the world, and learning from different backgrounds. It was pretty interesting. He had to adapt to the American ways, using no-maj as a word instead of muggle. He simply nodded when she finished, and even admired her form. "I can tell. You are rather attractive. And I have exceptionally high standards."

Winery and porcelain? Seemed to be things that would interest Clemence beside fashion and polished china. Seemed like someone had a settled destiny, though it could be changed if a person was persistent enough to pursue their dreams. But if Vitale could make peace with it then why not? "Believe it or not, my extended family are mostly potioneer who owns potion shops, and a lot of my cousins are destined to be potioneers and accountants or lawyers." there you go, a common ground. Leisl was glad that she wasn't one of those Howard robots, Huberta seemed to have more freedom in this regard. She shook her head when Vitale mentioned something about muggles, oh they were disgusting to work with. True that Liesl wont mind getting her wand from a blood traitor but doing business with them?? Ohh no... "I just remember that I know one of your relatives, Prim?" Prim and Liesl would hang out in one of the cafes somewhere in France. The village near Durmstrang was too... Depressing, France on the other hand had a lot of great taste of coffees and wonderful architecture. Vitale's words took Liesl back to the current situation. She blushed and sipped on her drink hoping to play it cool. But she couldn't... "That's too much of a compliment from a charming gent like you" she stole Clemence's quote. Liesl wasn't the one who was good at speaking with boys, but hey... That's what sisters are for hey?

Hearing about her extended family was interesting. Winery was like potions to him, and Vitale did have a knack for it. Even if he didn't want to be in the business, he did not have a choice. The commander of their family was a little more than strict. He was deadly. Vitale was afraid of Collineus, and was not afraid to say it. The family that went against him always died in accidents, or vanished completely. "It sounds like your family is close, even if it is just a business level." Vitale would have loved to have a good relationship with his siblings, but there was clear favoritism. There was no denial of it. "Prim? Oh, Primavera. She's a cousin of mine. Her boyfriend gives me the creeps though." It was because of how the boy dressed. He was just so large and tall, and looked like there was always something sour in the air. Vitale chuckled as she said something. That was pretty funny to him. She sounded really proper, and trying to compliment him. Did it suit her? He wasn't too sure. It sounded a little out of place. "Charming gent? That's fairly nice of you to say. Though I doubt I am old enough to be one of those right now. I am still a second year."

"We are" Liesl replied to Vitale's assumption of the Howard and Huberta being close to each other. Their relationship wasn't like any other normal families but it worked, so why not? "But I'm just glad that my mama cares a little about me continuing on the family's business. My eldest sister is responsible for it, so I guess I get to continue playing quidditch... Hopefully" her passion in quidditch was pretty big, hopefully she got to play for the national team. "Ha! I told her about my cousin, Jaime talking non stop about Prim's boyfriend's relatives" she chuckled. Oh Jaime was so cute, he was obsessed with this girl that it began to annoy Liesl. "Can't a second year be a charming gent?" Vitale didn't give the impression of being one of those little boys running around with roses in his hands. But then... Who was Liesl to know? At least for now, he sounded like a gentleman.

Vitale nodded, almost envious. His family was close. But not in the same sense. It sucked. He did hope that the Cardosi family would grow, and end up being one of the bigger families. Right now, it didn't seem like it, but with Collineus just now having heirs, and his father having several, maybe others would step up the game. Just getting some of those that were Romanes to turn over their last name and assimilate into the family. "I do wish you luck with Quidditch. It is a brutal sport, but very fun to watch. I bet it would be better to play." Though, speaking about Prim's involvement with the one family that scares his entire family, well, needless to say that his face became a bit more pale. "Um, which one? I would try to limit. Some of them are okay. Some of them are bad news. That's what my father says anyway." It wasn't that they had a list, but they knew a couple of names. Asparuh, Kalif, Hades, Rayna, Axel... Those were the worst ones. Those names remained in his head. He didn't know anyone else, though he did know Asparuh's son, Astaroth, through Prim. He didn't know him in person, but he knew of him. "A second year is but a kid still. A kid needs to grow up before going into a charming gentleman."

Liesl smiled and thanked him warmly, she really did wish to be a professional quidditch player. She was good at it so why not? When Vitale asked which boy Jaime was obsessed about, Liesl shrugged. She wasn't sure which one but she was sure that her name started with A. Whatever, it wasn't important anyway. "You're too advanced for your age, ya know?" she answered truthfully. No kid would state what Vitale said about a kid needing to grow up. Liesl too was a child, she wasn't a charming young woman like Clemence but then what was the point of comparing herself to other. "Oh dear Merlin, I'm sorry but I have to go" Liesl gathered her things and froze, she slowly looked at Vitale and blushed. "Will you owl me?" though he was younger than her, Liesl actually liked him as a person.

Vitale gave a curt nod when she said that he was advanced for his age. That was definitely the truth. He had always been an advanced student, and did not have much of a childhood. He was fine with that, and did not mind it. It was part of being the family that he was in. Vitale chuckled when she said that she had to go. Though, she was blushing. She asked him to send her an owl. He reached into his pocket, and gave her a card with his dad's address on it, mainly to the business. "I live there. Take it easy, Liesl."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back