Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Ava was kind of having a good day. She and Philip were talking again- sorta, and she and her Papa were on better terms again. She was still worried he would forget her, of course, but she was a bit more optimistic now. He just needed a reminder. So, she had a project again. This time she'd tried something a little harder, intending to give it to her Papa for Christmas. It was frustrating, though, since this project just wasn't turning out the way she had wanted it to.

She sighed in frustration, rushing across the room for more white paints. She tripped on the way back to the easel, tossing several paint tubes into the air and hitting the floor with a thud and a loud 'oomph.' She groaned in frustration. Nothing was working out quite the way she had wanted it to this year.

Jigoku Arai had a scroll that had more details on the paternal side of the family, since he was seeking to redo the surname. His mother turned his family into a bunch of blood magic fanatics, which he never wanted to deal with. That seemed like really dark magic to him, and he felt that wouldn't go over well. So, he sought out the room that had the most art supplies, and he started to paint some calligraphy in his native language. He wanted to make his words perfect and he was long from it. He looked up when he heard someone fall, but went back to his work. "Your landing needs work," Jigoku spoke softly, with his accent clear as day.

OOCOut of Character:
UGGHHH bleh ignore this

Ava blew a strand of blond hair out of her eyes. Today was going wonderfully. A voice chimed in then and she glanced up. "Oh," she giggled, pushing herself up. "But the fall was so marvelous. I should at least get points for tripping over nothing." She joked, standing up and brushing herself off. "How long have you been here?" She asked, not remembering seeing him come in.

Jigoku continued moving his brush across the parchment, keeping his eyes focused on his work of art, which was still in works. "A bit," the Slytherin answered as he finished off one of the symbols. The girl sounded cheerful, which didn't bother him much. It did irritate him to a degree. He didn't say anything otherwise, since he was focused and didn't feel like talking.

Ava couldn't help but giggle a bit. "Sorry I didn't notice sooner, I get pretty wrapped up in these things sometimes." She chirped happily, returning to what she had been doing. "I'm making a present for my Papa and I need it to be perfect. I think I must have redone it a dozen times. My name is Avaria, by the way, but you can call me Ava." She chattered brightly, but she trailed off into silence again as she returned to her painting. She got so absorbed in these things it was a bit disconcerting sometimes.

"If you get wrapped up, then you should consider working in silence," Jigoku stated as-a-matter-of-fact-ly. This was an off hand statement, telling her to be quiet versus what his brother would have said. She spoke of how she was making a present for her father, but the fact was, he could not possibly care about what she was talking about. He didn't know her. He was too focused on his calligraphy. "Jigoku, but Goku might be easier to remember," the Slytherin spoke, not commenting on her supposed present.

Ava half-smiled as the boy told her to consider working in silence. "That would be good, wouldn't it?" She commented brightly. "I know I talk a lot. I can try to quiet down a bit." She sent a smile his way, though she doubted he saw. He introduced himself then. "That's a really cool name," She told him cheerily. She went back to her painting, taking his advice and biting her tongue. He'd been so nice about it, she couldn't help but try to play along. She didn't mind that he hadn't mentioned most of what she'd said- she was used to people ignoring her.

"What are you working on, Jigoku?" She asked after a while. She couldn't stay completely silent, though she did try to take it down a notch. His presence was a bit calming. Like listening to a pretty song that lulled you to sleep. Maybe it was just his aura? She wasn't sure, but she would ask Sapphire about it later.

Avairia said that it would be good, as in to work in silence, but it didn't last long at all. He was not about to finish his calligraphy when someone kept talking to him. And she sounded so cheerily. It reminded him of his older brother, Ryuu. He was so cheerful about everything, deprived of all attention so he craved it from everything else. After a moment of silence, he was asked what he was working on. "Calligraphy, working on my Japanese characters." Since English was his first language, he did not want to lose his heritage. He dropped his brush, and clasped his hands together. "But I'm not going to get anything done here."

Ava smiled as Jigoku told her what he was doing. "I've seen some before, it's really pretty. You must be really patient to do that." She ran her brush over the canvas a final time, stepping back to admire her work. This would be perfect! She couldn't wait to give it to her Papa! She looked up when Jigoku said he wouldn't get anything done.

"Oh, that's my fault, isn't it?" She asked, before turning and picking up her painting. "I'm sorry, I know I carry on a lot. I'm done though, so I can leave and you can finish in peace." She turned, smiling brightly at him. "It was really nice to meet you though!"

The girl seemed to catch on to the hint, but Jigoku nodded his head, giving her a proper farewell instead of just ignoring her. Perhaps he would have been much more kind had he not been working on something that he felt was important to him and his family. Avaria Lockwood. He stored that in his memory for further notice should they run into each other again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back