OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Beech Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
With it being Hattie's last year at Hogwarts, she planned to spend as much time as possible with her friends. She had a study session earlier on in the year with Adorah, and now she planned a surprise picnic for Sam, who she had grown closer to in the last couple of years. Sam was always so nice to her and Hattie thought it would be a great idea to organise a picnic to repay the favour. She brought a picnic basket that she purchased during the holidays for the special event filled with plenty of food that the house elves had made for her, from tuna sandwiches to apple pie, and there were even some sweets in there such as pumpkin pasties and chocolate frogs. She wasn't sure what Sam's favourite food was and so made sure to pick a bit of everything. The Ravenclaw set out a picnic blanket looking over the lake. It was a nice and sunny Autumn day, not too hot and not too cold, and Hattie was positive that everything was going to turn out perfect. She took out two glasses from the basket, filling them with some pumpkin juice. She then set the food out in the middle, waiting excitedly for Sam to arrive.

As time at Hogwarts was coming to an end, Samantha wanted to spend as much time with her friends and classmates as she possibly could. She never really knew the next time she would see them again, but she wanted to enjoy every last second of it. So Sam was delighted when Hattie and invited her to hang out and such. She had liked Hattie and had enjoyed spending time with her, as they grew closer throughout the years. Samantha walked down towards the lakefront to meet up with Hattie and smiled at the sight that was in front of her. "Hey, Hattie! Wow! This is amazing" Samantha says with a small smile, as she looked around the picnic mat with the food before she sat down. "What do we have here?"

Hattie beamed as Samantha came over to the picnic. She seemed happy with what Hattie had prepared, and she was glad for that. It was going to be a really good day. "Hey Sam! I wasn't too sure what food you liked, so there's a bit of everything." Hattie explained to her. "There's sandwiches with ham, sandwiches with tuna, meat pies, apple pies, pumpkin pasties... I hope it's okay." Hattie couldn't help but feel like she put too much effort into it, but she just wanted the best for her friend. She handed over the glass of pumpkin juice to her. "I just thought it would be nice, you know, one of our last days here at Hogwarts on a picnic." Hattie smiled at her. "Cheers to a bright future ahead." She clinked her glass to Sam's before taking a sip of it.

Samantha smiles as Hattie explains about the food she brought. "That's all good. I practically love food, so I'm happy with anything" Samantha says with a giggle. The Hufflepuff wasn't a fussy eater and could practically eat any food that was placed in front of her. She looked at all the food options that were placed in front of her. There were so many good choices to choose from, that she wasn't sure what to pick. She had decided to go with a ham sandwich. She smiles as Hattie hands her a glass of Pumpkin Juice and nods with agreement at what the Ravenclaw had said. She really couldn't believe that it was their last year. "Cheers!" Samantha says cheerfully and takes a sip of her drink after they clinked their cups together. "You have any sort of plans once school is over?" Samantha says with a small smile, before taking a bite of her ham sandwich.

Hattie was unaware that Sam really liked food, and was glad that she had chosen the perfect activity for them then. "I mean, who can not love food?" Hattie said with a little giggle as she helped herself to some cheese and biscuits. At Samantha's question, Hattie quickly nodded. She wasn't much confident about where she would be after school a year ago, but now she very much was. "I'm going to be an apprentice! I'm going to learn how to put magic into artefacts, just like my amulet." Hattie told her, reaching down her shirt and showing her the Wunjo amulet that she had bought during the holidays. "I got this one from the Inner Eye. They have some really cool stuff there." Hattie picked up one of the tuna sandwiches, taking a bite out of it before speaking again. "What about you? Do you have any plans?"

Samantha giggled along with Hattie. She was glad that she was friends with Hattie, even though they hadn't become friends until later in their Hogwarts life. But that didn't really matter to her. She smiled when Hattie showed her, her amulet. "Oh, that's amazing! I'm happy for you! It's beautiful," Samantha says with a small smile. Samantha shrugged a little as Hattie returned the question. "I don't really know to be honest. I might take a gap year, and see where I go after a year. But I've been planning to move out though. Places around here are expensive though. I'm not ready to live on my own yet though. So, that's a bit of a pickle too" Samantha says with a shrug, with a slight giggle. She had been planning to move out of her family home for a while now, but she wanted to save as much as she could, but she was also worried about rent. She really didn't know what she wanted to do once Hogwarts was completed for her.

Hattie knew that Sam was a good friend. Not many people were interested in Ancient Runes or in amulets, and even though Sam probably wasn't either, she was still very supportive, which made Hattie smile. As Sam told her that she was a little unsure about what she wanted to do after school, Hattie's smile turned into a frown. She felt a little bad now about being so excited about her own future when Sam was so clueless about hers. It made Hattie determined to help her. "It's okay, you don't need to know right away. My Head of House helped me decide what to do actually. You just have to find something that interests you and that will narrow down some career options for you." she explained before taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

As Sam told Hattie that she wanted to move out, Hattie beamed. "Oh, me too! They really are expensive around here... and pretty much everywhere else too I've heard." Hattie loved the idea of having her own place and gaining some independence. When an idea popped into her head, she beamed. "Maybe, if you want to, we could move out together!? With two incomes combined, we could definitely find something affordable." she suggested, hoping Sam would be excited for that too.

Sam smiled a little at what Hattie had said. She was grateful for a great friend like Hattie. She really had no idea what she wanted to do once she left Hogwarts. Though, it didn't hurt to explore her options and try and have different experiences. She nodded in agreement when Hattie had also agreed with her about the costs of living in a home. Samantha gulped and nodded quickly when Hattie had brought up the idea about them living together. "Oh yes! That sounds like a good idea!! I'm totally up for that! If you are"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back