Closed Fresh Starts

Maria smiled warmly as she listened to Onyx describe himself. "That's much better." She said warmly. "We're coming towards the end of our time for today, but I'd like you to continue that practice going forward. Like I said, it may feel fake and silly at first, but the way you talk about yourself, both out loud and in your head makes a big difference. Treating yourself like a friend will make a difference in the long run." Maria smiled warmly. "Is there anything else you'd like to discuss before we wrap things up for today?"

Onyx bit his lip, looking away again but listening as she spoke. He... could try the self-help pep talks, but he wasn't sure they would really work. He hesitated at her last question, though, looking over to peek at her through his hair. He fidgeted a moment before speaking softly. "You... you're really nice. Are... are you coming back?" he asked, looking away. "I mean, you don't have to, I just... I can't really... talk to my uncle, he worries so much already, I can't... I don't like worrying him, or uncle Colin, and my sister is worse with her emotions than I am. I don't... I don't really know who to turn to, mostly I just... end up rambling on to myself and no one really understands," he admitted shyly.

Maria smiled reassuringly at Onyx's question. "I can definitely come back." She said gently. "Would you like me to set up a follow up appointment with you personally, or would you prefer your uncle to handle it?" She asked, unsure how best to approach the situation. "It's totally up to you, whatever suits you best, as long as you're happy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back