Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Zom
Wand
12 inch slightly springy Cypress with unicorn hair core.
Graduation had come and gone, and when Dom had suggested moving to New Zealand, Zeke had jumped on it. He didn't really care where they were, he just wanted to stay with Dom. Besides, they were closer to his aunt now. And moving in together was the next big step in their relationship. Dom had gotten a job already, but Zeke hadn't really gone looking yet, for now content to just unpack and settle down before really looking for a new job. He'd gotten a little saved, anyway. He'd been unpacking boxes by hand- he didn't have to, he knew, he just liked to. He was on the last box now, just unpacking some of his cute frog trinkets and putting them up onto the shelves he'd put up in the living room. He was humming happily, organizing his little friends in a cute way.

Dominic was exhausted. If taming children with uncontrolled and budding magic wasn't enough, unpacking seemed to be a never ending task that had no end in sight. Their apartment back in Santa Barbara hadn't even been that big, how did they have so much stuff? But having Zeke made this move countless times easier. Dominic fumbled with his keys but finally made it inside and felt his shoulders instantly relax. "Hey, I'm home!" he called out as he put down his things and took off his shoes.

Zeke smiled brightly when he heard Dom's voice. "Hey!" He called back, leaving the last box open and hurrying to the door. "Hey baby!" He greeted, holding open his arms and smiling. "How was work?" He asked, thinking he would get Dom settled in and taken care of. He was fairly sure Dom's new job had to be tough on him.

Dominic had tucked the mail under his arm and was flipping through it when Zeke rounded the corner and held out his arms. He smiled and accepted the hug and fully leaned into his partner. "Hey." he said again, his voice sounding muffled this time as he spoke into the other man's chest. After a few moments he pulled away but he was feeling a bit better now. Some of the stress had melted away now that he was home, even if the boxes still left in the living room threatened to set him off again. "Work was good." he said a little too quickly, like it was almost an automatic response. "They have so much energy and I know it's not an actual school. But I'm trying to teach them and...it's just a lot." he sighed.

-godmod approved-

Zeke sighed happily, squeezing Dom in his arms before stepping back. He reached up, tucking the mans hair back and cupping his face. "I bet it's exhausting," He agreed gently. "But knowing you, you're doing amazing for those kids." He stole a quick kiss before pulling back, dropping his hands down to hold Dom's. "Why don't you get changed into something more comfortable and I'll fix you something to eat?" He offered. "I've almost finished unpacking everything, but I went out to that new restaurant down the road earlier and got us some take out for dinner."

Dominic smiled and leaned into the touch as Zeke tucked some of his hair back. "Thanks." he said meekly after being reassured. If felt like every day they had the same routine. He would come home and Zeke would comfort him. It was a good system and his partner was very good at being supportive. Dominic just hoped it wouldn't feel this hard forever. "That sounds perfect." he said with a laugh and he moved toward the bedroom to get changed. "So did you do anything fun today? Besides unpacking and dinner of course." he joked over his shoulder as he went.

Zeke hummed happily. He liked being affectionate with Dominic, and was just glad it seemed to have a positive affect. He went to the kitchen and set the table before pulling out dinner, reheating it with a quick spell. "I curled up in the window for a while, watched the rain a bit and read some," He offered, conjuring up a candle for some nice mood lighting and pulling out the wine. "Do you want to talk about your day?" He offered, pouring them both a glass.

Dominic walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter as Zeke put the last bits of the dinner together. He hummed thoughtfully as his partner told him about his day. It sounded nice and for a brief moment he felt a sense of doubt cross his mind. He knew he wanted to be an educator but what kind still felt up in the air. The daycare had been a bit of a surprising move but he did like it. He just had to realize he was young and completely new to this. "It was good." he said again when Zeke asked if he wanted to talk about his day. "But the kids can't control their magic and sometimes it can be a bit disruptive. And there was an argument over a puzzle that required all of my de-escalation skills." he said with a laugh.

Zeke chuckled, picking up both glasses and walking over to his boyfriend, offering it out. "Well hey, let's toast to a good day, my strong, handsome boyfriend, and a beautiful night." He offered with an easy smile. "Then we can eat dinner, then maybe cuddle on the couch and watch some tv?" He suggested, thinking of ways they could relax. "Or if you'd rather, we could lay some blankets outside and watch the stars?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back