Frenemies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridget Riley

OOC First Name
Claire
Hey everybody :hug:

I recently started this character and it will be the one I give most attention to right now. You can read her CD here if you'd like to know some more about her (Though there's a lot to discover in the future! No spoilers!)

As a basic summary, Bridget is a talkative, feisty Scottish girl who finds it a little hard to make friends due to the fact she gets on people's nerves. Of course she's eager to please, but often people don't get a chance to speak as she's babbling away.
She can also be a little feisty; She isn't afraid to fight should it come to that, and since she has a short fuse people wind her up very quickly.
Inside, Bridget is very insecure and quick to lie about her past, so she needs some friends to open her up a little.
I like planning ahead so future relationships are great too!
She will also undoubtedly make some enemies, so if you have any suitable characters let me know!
Thanks for reading C:

Hey! :)

So I have a few characters that have not been sorted this year because they're too young and stuff, if you're looking for that. Reading over what you just wrote, I think that it could be possible for Bridget to meet one of my characters, Tommy Hayes. (I'll have to do this really quickly because I've got to go in a few minutes. xD )

So Tommy is an untrusting, dramatic, quiet boy. He doesn't like communicating too much because people annoy him. However, he does like people that talk a lot because it means that he does not have to talk as much. Tommy does not like talking about himself, so it's endearing to him if people do not ask questions. Tommy is ten, so he does not make it into Hogwarts New Zealand just yet, something that has him over the moon. He's a little sensitive when he opens up to people. I think they could sort of help each other, since they are similar in some aspects of their personality, but greatly different in others. Tommy is currently a little upset because his little friend has gone to school without him, so he needs to fun. xD Location is not an issure, by the way, as Tommy's father often travels and drags him along, so Tommy could be anywhere. ^_^

I just made this character so he doesn't have a PB or a bio yet, buuuut I've had him in mind for a while. :lol:

So this is Etienne, he's also 10 and starting at Hogwarts next year. He was born in France, his father was French and his mother was Australian (who attended Hogwarts in Scotland), and they both travelled around a fair bit. His father was an Auror who was killed while out with his wife for their anniversary, when Etienne was 5. He doesn't remember so much about his father, but he remembers enough to miss him at times.

He and his mother moved to New Zealand where she now works at the Ministry, and can be a little overbearing due to fear of losing her son, after losing her husband.

But enough about Samara, Etienne is a very well mannered kid. I can see him being a Gryffindor or a Ravenclaw - he's polite and studious, but he has an adventurous streak. He gets a bit lonely at times and would like some friends his own age because he only ever gets to see his mother and her friends. He's brave in the face of danger but usually doesn't go actively looking for it. I don't think Bridget would get on his nerves easily because he'd be so happy to have someone to call a friend (but he wouldn't say that out loud), so he'd just be patient and friendly towards her. He doesn't talk that much, either, when he gets excited he does but he's usually pretty quiet. He tries to act very grown up and responsible since his father's gone, but he's still just a 10 year old boy.

Maybe he could help her open up? That, or he'd frustrate the hell out of her by being so quiet and patient. :p Let me know if you're interested!

I love the sound of both of these characters! Not to give away any spoilers but Camilla.. Etienne and Bridget have very similar backgrounds xD So I think once she opened up to him they'd get along very well. And Tommy, that sounds great! She loves quiet people, it means they don't interrupt her haha. Not that she doesn't let other people speak, of course she does ;D
Any particular plot ideas for either or just seeing how it goes? ^-^

Hey Clarey,

I just made this acc and she is the little sister of my Ravenclaw, maybe they can be friends of Neighbours even? Because they both live in Wellington New Zealand! :)

Hey Tamara ^_^

I love the idea of them being neighbours, what is Alice like? I'm not sure if they'd get along! xD

She is adventurous and likes fairy tales a lot.. :) She is a bit quiet and likes people who talk much, because she likes hearing stories from other people. She gets herself in problems, but can get herself out of them easily. She is nice and friendly to everything including animals and wants to be in Gryffindor. Alison is smart, but not the Ravenclaw super smart kind and people may say she looks cute. :O

After watching Brave this afternoon I have a whole new trait for Bridget, adventurous :p And she did grow up on a mountain anyway, she loves being outside. Maybe they could meet in like.. The woods near their house. They could both be inventing fairytales when they bump into each other :3 and sorry, keep calling her Alice by mistake xD Like that idea? and did you get my PM on Paige?

Yeah, that would be a great idea.. Maybe Alice would be her nickname, as in Alice in Wonderland :p
Who makes the topic, I am really lame at starting ones. :x

Yeah, if you want to start though, I am not forcing on anything!

:r

Bridget Riley said:
And Tommy, that sounds great! She loves quiet people, it means they don't interrupt her haha. Not that she doesn't let other people speak, of course she does ;D
Any particular plot ideas for either or just seeing how it goes? ^-^
Brilliant!
I think just see how it goes. Tommy can be tempramental at times. But if in a good mood, (which has been rare, admittedly) I think he'd grow quite fond of her. Do you have any ideas on where they can meet? ^_^

Bridget Riley said:
Awesome :D I'll start another topic in Obsidian harbour soon if Tommy would be likely to be there?
Tha's just fine! ^_^

Hey,

So I have this guy lying around called, Graeme, he's also a scot. Moving to New Zealand at the start of the next year. He's a nice guy. You can check out his bio and development if you want more details. For now, I think they might be good friends.
I'm away for the next week, so posting won't happen, but, they could still be friends!
I have an open topic with him in the Park. Which you could join or we could start something new! Up to you.

Thanks

I have this new character. Just made today, bio is being written but he's sort of a quiet and timid kid and your character seems the perfect sort of person to drag him out of his shell kicking and screaming, as you seem to want your character to be adventurous I see my character a possible reluctant sidekick type friend that develops into a more equal and deeper friendship as he grows older and becomes more confident. Not sure if this is the kind of thing your looking for but I think it could be fun. Let me know, you also said you like to plan for the future, I would be open to the possibility of a romance in the future for the two depending how their friendship develops I'd also be happy to go in the direction of a surrogate brother/sister dynamic, obviously I'm open to ideas but the fundamental aspect is that my character Casey is relatively quiet at first but long term exposure to your character changes him and makes him more confident. Let me know what you think and any questions about Casey let me know.

Hey Daniel!

Bridget's character has changed quite a lot. I didn't like where she was going so her history/personality is now a little different. She's more timid, but also pretty level headed (except when it comes to her own problems, then she's a total worrier). She's one of those friends that you want to keep forever and she has the healing/caring attitude of her Mother. Her Father is in Azkaban, and there's a whole load of other weird stuff in the family, but I'd love to make some detailed plots (and possibly romance ;P) if you're up for that?

I do love a complex character. Yeah I'm up for this, I'd love for Casey to have that sort of timid but strong willed friend. Casey isn't set in stone right now so he's personality right now is subject to my whims. I'm also toying with the idea of a new female character if your interested in working her in but that's a work in progress. I like the possibility of a romance, always good to have a possible budding romance between friends.

Awesome :D I quite like just RPing and seeing what personality comes out of it. Makes it feel more genuine, that's where I went wrong with Bridget. I finally RP'd her and realised she was just too.. fake? xD

I'll pm you more about the family and her future plots, and I'm sure your other possibly character could be a friend too ^_^ she needs a few friends and some very close friends.

Sounds great, I'm up for Casey being a close friend possibly more. I'll see where I go with the other character and let you know.

Topic Closed and Archived
This roleplay development has been inactive for an extended period of time or is now completed.
Thank you for having used the plot development forum and feel free to create future threads in said forum.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back