Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
undefined
Wand
Bloodwood 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Selene was curious. over the holidays she and her sister had overheard a conversation between her mum and aunt and some things had come into question. She couldn't ask her mum about it as she had not meant to hear it. but she wanted more information. or rather Heli wanted more information and she was the one who knew how to find it. apparently, someone had come and threatened her mum for information on someone who could possibly be their dad. the dad that their mum had always sworn she didn't know. She wondered if she would be able to find any information anywhere else. her first port of call had been the library not that she knew what she was looking for. but she had found the yearbook from the year her mum had graduated to see if any faces in there looked familiar to her. after all, she and heli would have half their dads features. which likely included silver-grey eyes. she hadn't seen anything so she got the book from a couple of years before and took it up to the north tower to look though.

Jasper had gone exploring Hogwarts many times in the past, but he had avoided the towers for the most part. They had just been so far away, the climb up to the Astronomy lessons was already a lot of work. But today he was bored, and he didn't feel much like going outside into the forest again. It was an exciting place, but it was definitely better to go in with someone else. Maybe he would see if he could find Maddy later, she was always keen to go out. Jasper looked curiously at paintings and tapestries as he headed up the stairs, hoping to find some sort of secret passage. As he made it to the top, he found a girl with a book. Boring. He glanced out at the view and looked down at the grounds before addressing her. "What do you think would happen if we threw down a bunch of dungbombs from here? Bet it would be pretty awesome." He said with a grin. The girl was from his year, and Jasper thought he knew her name was something fancy, with an S perhaps. "You don't happen to have any with you, do you?"

Selene was looking through the book. ther was noone in there that matched the discriotion of who she was lookingfor. there were some familiar faces, professor kingsley smiling out of the pages of students. and professor Styx looking almost exactly the same still head of Slytherin house, even all those years ago. soeone approched her and she recognised him from some of the classes they had together. as he spoke she sighed. what was it with the noth tower and annoying boys. was this where the entry to the brotherhood of magic was, not that made sense. there was not really anywhere to conceal a door here, let alone a whole clubroom. as the boy talked she let out a sigh. and closed the book moving it so it was between here and the window where he couldn't see what it was, it would be too weird to explain what she was looking for. not much from this window. All that it below it is the cliffs, and dungbombs are so small they would probably end up in the lake"[/b] she said. she had talked heli out of enough silly schemes she was able to do so without thinking. "the other windows would just end up with them on the roof, you would probably have better look out of one of the corridors downstairs" she said. "but no, I don't have any, sorry Jasper" she said. looking at the boy. dung-bombs were not a thing she usually carried, on infact they were not a thing she owned.

Jasper was a bit annoyed by this girl and her logic. She was ruining his plan without even seeming to have to think about it too much, and it was irritating. He shrugged, turning around to face her and grinning. "Well, maybe we should toss dungbombs out into the lake from here." He said, improvising this new idea as he went along. "Like, loads and loads of them. We'd piss off the mermaids and they'd come to fight us. Then we'd have a war at Hogwarts, that would be pretty cool." He glanced over his shoulder out of the window. "Besides, I bet there's a sea monster in the lake, and it would come out for something like that." He had mostly started to talk about this to show the girl her dismissive words hadn't changed his mind, but now that he was talking more, he was starting to think this would actually be a pretty cool idea. He was a bit surprised she knew his name, and he stepped closer to her curiously. "That's okay, I'll get some in Brightstone next time." He told her with a shrug. "What are you doing, anyway?" He hoped he could remember her name soon, because it did feel a bit weird when she knew his name and he didn't know hers. He peeked at the book she was reading. "Is that a yearbook?"

selene frowned as the boy said that they could drop bombs into the lake "you can do what you want, but there is no we in your schemes" she said. she was not going to get in trouble for a plan from a boy he hardly knew. If it was heli maybe she would be persuaded but mainly there to try and stop her sister getting into too much trouble. "do you really think there are mermaids in the lake?" she asked. sheh ad not spent much time down there, most of her time spent outside was in the garden with the plants. and her little patch in the wild patch club area. as the boy did not seem dissuaded by her lack of interest and supply of dungbombs. he reminded her of heli when she was on some form idea. be it adopting a cat or wanting to eavesdrop on her mum and aunt. nothing she could say could stop her. but it might calm her down.
"yes, i was just looking through the old yearbook. getting ideas for my Halloween costume" she said. "look professor Kingsley looked so different as a student" she said pointing to the page of the graduating class. "but professor Styx looks exactly the same over twenty-five years ago. and he was head of Slytherin house back then too" she said. flipping the page over to show the staff at the school at the time. this was not the actual reason she had an old yearbook. but saying she was trying to find her dad in its pages seemed to cause more problems than it was worth.

Jasper rolled his eyes when the girl said she wouldn't help with his schemes. "Boring. Is everyone in Ravenclaw so boring?" He asked her, though he was sure he knew the answer to that already. "I'm sure there's merpeople. I've seen things moving underwater." He said, embellishing his story a bit as he usually did. What he had seen had probably just been some weeds or fish, but that didn't stop his imagination. He scoffed as the girl said she was getting ideas for Halloween from the yearbook. "So you're stealing ideas for Halloween?" He asked, teasing her a bit. He wasn't sure if she would appreciate that, but he also didn't really care that much. He was curious when she pointed out Professor Kingsley as a student, and stared with wide eyes. "Wow, that's really weird." He said. He barely knew the Gryffindor head of house, but it was odd to see her so young. The girl was right as she said Professor Styx looked exactly the same, and Jasper laughed. "I bet that guy is a vampire. That's why his classroom is always so dark." He said, grinning. "He's scary enough for it. I bet he eats the most annoying kids."

Selene rolled her eyes as the boy asked if everyone in Ravenclaw was boring. "why is everyone in Slytherin so annoying" she said. to be honest she hadn't actually met many Slytherins. but saying why are all boys I the north tower so annoying. as Jasper reminded her of her encounter with Aonghas the previous year. she couldn't remember what house he was in, maybe Slytherin, maybe a different one. "I heard there was a giant squid in the lake" she said. maybe that was a rumour or maybe it wasn't Selene didn't know. she shrugged when the boy asked if she was stealing ideas for Halloween. "stealing, borrowing, building on, this one is cool, it looks like an old doll" she said in a rather indifferent tone before pointing to one on the page, there always seemed to be a lot of similar costumes every year but there were always a few who stood out. she was glad that he was distracted by her pointing out the professors. "Maybe he is" she said no really convinced. "I wonder if he was less scary back then. and putting up with twenty-five years of s-students has made him scary" she said. she almost said Slytherins, but one jibe on a house was enough. she actually didn't have anything against Slytherins, her aunts were both in that house, and Stefan the librarian who she had taken to calling her uncle.

Jasper scowled when the girl asked why everyone in Slytherin was annoying. "I wasn't saying everyone in Ravenclaw was boring, I was asking if they were." He said, a bit offended. "And Slytherin is much better than Ravenclaw, anyway." He added haughtily. To him, Ravenclaw really did seem like an awfully boring house. In his imagination, all Ravenclaws just read books all the time. Some of them were alright, like Nell, but most of them seemed to be huge nerds. "Really?" He asked her as she said there was a giant squid in the lake. Or at least, that she had heard that. He paused. "You're not making that up, are you?" He asked, wary. He glanced at the yearbook page as she pointed out the costume that looked like an old doll. "My costume for this year is better than that." He said, nearly automatically. He scoffed when the girl suggested Professor Styx could have been less scary twenty-five years ago. "I bet he was just as scary. I bet he was born scary, and his parents both ran out of the room." He joked, a grin spreading over his face at the mental image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back