Amari Kent

I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it
OOC First Name
Donna
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
The first week of Hogwarts had passed by, and Amari wasn't entirely impressed with how it had gone. She had to share a room with a bunch of girls, and they weren't even the nicest girls, or ones that would do what she asked. It frustrated her to no end, and she had written a really angry letter to her mother, accusing her of not loving Amari any more. Amari hadn't heard back yet, and it had made her even more angry. There was one thing so far that had been the light of her experience, and though she had seen Videl in classes, they hadn't actually chatted much. She was going to change that. Apart from going to Potions, Amari hadn't explored the lower parts of the school, so could easily use that as an excuse. Amari knew that the Slytherin Common Rooms were down this way, so about half an hour before dinner, Amari headed down there, slowly wandering around, but shooing away and glaring at anyone that wasn't Videl.

Being sorted into Slytherin was not a surprise for the boy. Videl wasn't necessarily enjoying things but at least he was being left alone for the most part. He had not received a letter yet, but he had not written one either. Maybe he should. Videl left the Slytherin common room to go write his letter and send it off. As he walked into the dungeons, Videl saw one person that was sorted into Gryffindor, and the girl he met on the train. Amari. He approached her and gave a small wave. Was she waiting on him? Anyone that passed her was somewhat confused about why she was glaring. "What are you doing down here, Amari? Did the cub get lost in the snake's nest?" teased the Slytherin with a broad smirk on his face.

Amari saw Videl approaching and she quickly plastered a smile on her face, and returned the wave he gave. Of course, she didn't want it to be obvious that she was looking for him, so his words gave her the perfect out. Amari giggled at his teasing. "Yes, actually. I thought I'd do a bit of exploring before dinner...but I'm afraid I have no idea where I am now." Amari replied sheepishly. "Are you heading to dinner? Can I walk with you?" Amari often didn't ask for permission, but figured she still had to make a good first impression with the boy.

Videl folded his arms across his chest, as much as he could while holding his writing equipment to actually write a letter. He was surprised that he was right about her being lost. He was quite impressed with that. "Um, I guess I could use some dinner. I was going to send a letter, but I do need to write it first." Videl shrugged his shoulders as he wondered that. He was a little shocked when she asked his permission. Was it because he was a Zhefarovich? Privileged... "Why do you want to walk with me? I am not a nice person to be around, Amari."

Amari smiled, her heart warming when he said that he could use dinner. She didn't know what she'd do if he said no, or rejected her - not that she expected to be rejected, that was definitely not something Amari usually experienced. But before they even started walking, Videl asked why. Amari shrugged her shoulders. "You're sending letters, and walking me to dinner. I think you're perfectly nice." Amari said with a small smile. "And besides, it's just because I'm lost, remember?" Amari said with a small giggle.

Videl shoved his hands into his robe pockets as she explained why she thought he was nice. Videl shook his head, “I’m sending a letter to my family, begging them to let me out of here, and I’m only walking you to dinner because I have to write my letter on a table anyway. It is on the way.” Videl sighed a little, seeing as it isn’t really out of the goodness of his heart, but more of convenience. But, did she want him to sit with her? Cause he was not going anywhere near the Gryffindor table. Weren’t they full of school pride? Or maybe that was Hufflepuff.

Amari rolled her eyes, but light-heatedly, with a smile. He wasn't going to convince her that he wasn't a lovely person - but she knew what type of boy she liked anyway and he definitely seemed to be the type. She was just lucky to have met him so early in her life; most girls had to wait until they were well into their twenties, but she knew she'd have a high school sweetheart. "Alright, you keep telling yourself that." Amari said, giving him a smile, before offering her arm for him to take. "Shall we?"

Videl rolled his eyes as she assumed the absolute best in him, while he assumed the absolute worst. What was she thinking anyway? Videl let out a defeated sigh since he did not feel like arguing with a brick wall. Maybe that is just Gryffindors. He shook his head and sighed, "Sure, I guess." Videl led the way through the dungeons, before going out of the dungeons, and to the Great Hall. At least he did what he should have, which was getting her out of the dungeons.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back