Ford's rock

"Definitely Ancient Runes, and Arithmancy. I would rather die before taking Divination."

Ford laughed, "Yeah, definitely not Divination. I've never put much stock in fortune telling or any of that frivolous stuff. What's arithmancy, though, I've never heard that much about it."

"Well, it had a lot to do with numbers. I do not know too many specifics, that's why I want to learn. I would love to get a book on Arithmancy, but I'm trying to save my galleons."

Ford thought for a moment, "I think I bought a book on ancient runes, we could take a look through it at some point,"

((i.e. I forgot I bought it))

"Really? I would like to look at it sometime. I considered buying it, but like I said I want to save some galleons. Do you have it with you?"

"Let me check," Ford leaned back and shuffled through his back, which was sitting behind the rock on the ground, "Ah, here it is." He pulled it out and noticed it was getting dark, he pulled out his wand, "Lumos!" He opened he book to the first chapter and set it between the two of them.

Sophia drew her wand as well and said "lumos," before turning to look at the book that was between her and Ford, her wand pointing at the text. The light from their wands illuminated her fair skin and her golden eyes seemed to glow as she examined the text, intrigued.

Ford looked over at Sophia, her gold eyes glittered in the wandlight, and her long black hair sucked in the darkness of the night. Ford cocked his head as he looked at her, his vivid green eyes watched her. He wanted to read, but for some reason, he couldn't concentrate on the book.

"Hey, Soph-" he began to say, but it quickly developed into a very overdone cough.

Sophia's gold eyes turned from the book to Ford, a very odd look on her face. "Did you just call me Soph?" She did not seem mad, but she definitely did not look happy.

Ford looked at her, wide-eyed, "No, I was going to say Sophia, but I coughed." He finished quietly.

There was a flicker of a smile visible in Sophia's golden eyes for a moment, and then suddenly disappeared. "Did you want to say something then Ford?"

Ford looked at Sophia, her eyes glittered in the wandlight. He sighed, "Do, uhh..., do you want to go get some food...or something?"

Sophia could sense his nervousness and was quite confused by it. There were only so many reasons for a boy to become so obviously nervous. As she considered the question, Sophia's golden eyes pierced Ford while she thought. After a long pause, she finally answered him. "Yes, food would be good. Where would you like to go?"

Ford recovered quickly, "What about the Three Broomsticks?" He asked.

"The Three Broomsticks? I was not aware that they served food." She considered his request for a moment, thinking it over with a quizzical look on her face. "Well, if the Three Broomsticks serves food, I do cannot see a reason why not to go." With that she stood, still holding her illuminated wand out in front of her.

Crap, Ford thought, They don't.

"Uh, they don't, you're right," Ford's embarassement and consternation was apparent on his face, "The only place that does is Madam Puddifuts..."

"Madam Puddifoot's?" Sophia asked hesitantly as she slowly sat herself back down. Madam Puddifoot's was not exactly a place Sophia preferred to go. The decor was not to her taste, and it seemed that the only reason a boy and girl would go there was for a date. Sophia wondered if Ford was trying to ask her on a date? Now she was confused, because she did not think Ford was interested in her in that way. Deciding to ignore this, she looked to Ford. "Do you want to go to Madam Puddifoot's?"

Ford stopped what he was doing, "Madam Puddifut's? No, I'd rather not." He said snidely. "We could go to the Three Broomsticks, though." He said, cocking his head to the left, his green eyes peering down at Sophia through his black hair.

"All right. We shall go to the Three Broomsticks." Sophia stood and did her signature flip of her long black hair. She waited for Ford, her golden eyes watching Ford as she did so.

Ford jumped down off the rock and grabbed his bag, and threw it over his shoulder.

"Alright, let's go," he said and began walking.

((I'll post in the 3 broomsticks soon))

Sophia grabbed her bag and put it over her shoulder, then walking with Ford in the direction of the Three Broomsticks.

((OK))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back