Sophie Elliston

artist | healer in training
OOC First Name
kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Unyielding Willow Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
The realisation that Sophie was in her last year at Hogwarts was a little confronting to her. It had gone so quickly, she hadn’t achieved anything, and she still felt as though the world would collapse under her feet at any moment. She didn’t want to be at Hogwarts, she couldn’t care less about her classes, and she wasn’t really sure where this year would take her. She was tired, and the least she wanted to do was spend another year at the place where she felt she was the most trapped. The only thing keeping her going was knowing that she was doing it along with a friend. Selene had been there for her since day one and before the year had even started Sophie knew her friend would be getting the Head Girl position. She had put something together for her, just a couple of gifts, and Sophie couldn't wait to present it to her friend. It definitely gave Sophie a little bit of excitement for the year at least.

When Sophie saw Selene sitting at the Ravenclaw table that morning, she instantly made her way over there, carrying over her gifts that were wrapped up individually in a gift bag for her. "Hey Head Girl. How was your break?" Sophie asked as she sat across from her. "I heard about the news so I prepared a little something for you. Well, if you didn't get it you would've got these gifts anyway because I bought these things before I knew, but yeah." Sophie blushed a little as she suddenly stopped herself from rambling too much. She hadn't been this excited in a while. She lifted the bag onto the table, taking out the three wrapped items. The smallest one were simple friendship rings that she had firstly tried to make herself but then given up and asked her uncle to make them instead. The next one was a large purple crystal ball which she was sure Selene would have already, but she wanted to buy her another one. And the last one was an assortment of pictures Sophie had drawn all stuck on a canvas. They were mostly animals, but Sophie hoped Selene would like it nonetheless. She sat there eagerly waiting for her to open them all.

Note: the drawing wouldn't look exactly like that, but that was the closest i could find.

Selene was eating breakfast, or rather she was trying to eat breakfast as she tried to organise prefct patrol partners, her time table and seer classes. NEWT year was always going to be a hard year but now she had the added pressure and responsibility of head girl she knew that there was a lot to go from NEWT yrar. but she hadn't expected there to be this much before even the first class back.
She had just remembered that she had some toast getting cold and took a bite of it and regretting it as her mouth filled with hard cardboard and a half melted layer of oily butter. she chewed it thoughtfully regretting taking the mouthful.
It had taken a second for the call to the head girl to register that it was someone talking to her. not only was it someone talking to her it was Sophie talking to her. "Hey Sophie. My break was good. I was working on an archeological dig fo most of it. it was so interesting" she said. she had enjoyed the break she had felt like such a historian uncovering little things left behind by history "How was yours?" she asked. She knew her friend didn't have an easy time at school and she hoped that the holidays at least were better. Selene hadn't noticed the bag that Sophie was holding until she said that she got her presents. "You didn't need to get me anything" she said though she was intreages as to what her friend had got. She loved her friends pictures and had the ones she had drawn for her hung up on her bedroom at home other than the one she had been given after she had splinted which varied between being on her bed side table and in her bag or pocket when she needed a little extra luck. "I actually got you a little something but it is in the dorms" she said. She had seen a book of creatures and beasts from mythology that had caught her eye and made her think of Sophie because of its beautiful illustrations. and a small amulet that was meant to bring protection and happiness which she had thought Sophie would like.
Selene looked at the bag of gifts and pulled out the flattest one. She had a feeling of what it was. pictures. "ahh Sophie. they are amazing" she said. She would have to find some wall space to hang it

Sophie nodded as Selene told her what she was working on during the holidays. "Oh that sounds fun." Sophie said to her, glad that she had found something that she enjoyed to distract her over the break. "I didn't do much really. The house is always so quiet now." Sophie didn't particularly want to get into it, especially since Selene didn't know too much about her life at home, and so she chose to keep it to herself to avoid having to explain anything. "Of course I had to get you something." the teen reassured her friend, watching as she opened the gifts up. She couldn't help but smile a little seeing her friend's reaction. "How does it feel being Head Girl? I assume it comes with a lot of responsibility." Sophie gestured to the work that was in front of her. She didn't have any idea what it would be like to be in a higher position, and hoped that all of the extra work Selene had to do didn't mean that she would have to see Sophie less. After all, Selene was all that Sophie had.

Selene smiled when Sophie said that her holiday sounded like fun it was but it was a lot of work it almost felt like a break coming back to school she said she had had her breaks. She had been able to make it to makutu malls birthday and hang out with cyzarine there they had had vodka and she had ended up with a horrific headache. She had also taken a weekend to visit Thackeray and that had been a good weekend. as Sophie said that her holiday had been quiet she wondered if she should have invited her out with her and cyzarine but she wasn’t sure if the medley was her scene. if you are quiet at home you could come to our place for a few days over the holidays Yule is always fun she said. She wasn’t sure where they would be celebrating this year probably the house in England. She had a feeling Sophie would like the cottage under the hill. you really didn’t have to get me anything. But a gift given by choice is more meaningful than one from obligation she said. She would have given Sophie a hug if there wasn’t a table between them.
At the question about what being head girl felt like. it is still sinking in to be honest. I never thought I would get the badge. There is a lot of work and I hope that I am good enough and I don’t let anyone down she said like with the prefect badges from two years ago selene was sure that there were others who would have been better than her.
OOCOut of Character:
I am on my phone. Sorry for any weird typos

Sophie frowned a little as her friend said that her break had barely even been one. She knew Selene was most likely a busy person, but Sophie had no idea that she really was that busy. It was a shame that Selene had to spend one of her last breaks from Hogwarts doing many other things that barely allowed her to relax. As Selene offered for Sophie to come to her house during the break next time, the Ravenclaw smiled at the idea. It was a wonder why Sophie had never been to Selene's house yet, especially since they were so close, or at least in Sophie's mind they were. She didn't know exactly how Selene felt about her, and the fact that Selene was inviting her over probably meant it was good. "That would be great!" Sophie exclaimed. She figured it would give her a massive distraction, which was always what she needed.

As Selene told her again that she didn't have to get her anything, Sophie just shrugged, glad that she was able to make Selene happy as that was all that mattered to her. She listened as Selene explained what it was like to be a Head Girl and her jaw dropped as her friend started putting herself down. "Of course you would be the one to get the badge! You're the best for it, and you're definitely not going to let anyone down. There are so many people that like you Selene, and you're very lucky for that." Sophie reassured her, glad that she had a friend who was both kind and intelligent. She couldn't ask for anything more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back