For Whom The Bell Tolls

William Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
William had never been a particularly noble man to anyone, including his family and the many children he had spawned in the passion of a brief one night stand. He had not spared a glance to many bastards he helped conceived and for that he was hated by many. Their were few that William actually attempted to take care of. A woman he remembered, Harlow Winters was one of them. His kindness and patience had worn off quickly, and the honeymoon ended before it could even begin. He slowly begin to despise the little girl, and her mother and they soon found themselves beaten up many times. It was a short lived relationship, and finally he took off, leaving them in the dead end neighborhood, prey to the bad sort that frolicked in that part of town. William didn't feel any remorse for his decision. In fact, he didn't even remember the little girls name. That was the case for many of his children.

His debts to certain shady organizations were through the roof and his negligence in picking up the bill had resulted to where the only payment acceptable was his head on a silver platter. Williams most recent and perhaps one of the only few regrets he had ever had in his life time was the death of his current and ideal family. He was tiring of the game of sleep and run with random women, and decided to marry the first agreeable and pretty one he found, and that was Jane. His lovely, pale and beautiful Jane. She had spent most of her life researching and hunting vampires, an aggression that was not apparent outside the job. He fell in love with her, and stayed in love although his one night stands and other spawnings continued regardless of marriage.

William gave her six wonderful legitimate children; they were adored by Jane, and causally accepted by William. His liking for children wasn't much, and he preferred them to be out of his way, which explained the many business trips. Life was good to them, and Jane was blissfully unaware of any extra marital affairs. The day of the fire was what made William leave the country for good. He knew it was only a matter of time before his shady dealings caught up to him. The fire could not be explained; the perpetrator was a clever one, able to slip out of a tight spot in just the nick of time. His family had perished in the flames, and now he knew that his life would be the next one to be taken.

It was a warning. He needed to leave the country and find a new identity. Luckily, his job sent him away to New York City, and he was able to blend in with the crowds. It had been a year since the fire, and nothing happened to worry him that his past would soon catch up with him.

No, his life was not what he expected. William knew this to be true. His crimes committed against the weak hearts of women, and the innocent hearts of children was something he did not regret. His only regret was the consequences that seemed to want to follow him everywhere he went.

[ID #7341309]

The night was young, and it fueled Hades like petrol to a car. Thin, white lips curled into a smirk. He had this gift of finding people, and after much searching in October, he had found William Winters. And he was given the pleasure of doing what he willed to the man for Leah. He did not care about the man, pure-blood or not. That made no difference to him. Hades was led to New York City, a city of dreams, and when he arrived there, it was almost unreal. He had never been here before, but his onyx eyes remained on one single being. His trenchcoat waved around him, metal clicking where he carried hidden daggers inside. They were always of use to him anyhow. Hades approached his victim, not a dagger in his hand or a wand, because he had to be careful. This was a muggle environment. He walked through some people, gently shouldering them and then they would whisper about the ghostly man that was almost seven feet tall, at least. No, he would get his prey in another manner. This was once used on him.

Closing in on stalking, he watched William. Taking a white piece of cloth into his white hand, completely soaked with wonders of chloroform, Hades sprang. The cloth clamped over the nose and mouth, and Hades whispered maliciously, "Shhh, William Winters, we are going to have some fun." Hades felt the body fall limp, and Hades made sure no one was watching, and apparated off with the body to his home, to have some fun with the man, well, when he woke up that is. After what seemed like hours of just Hades having fun, he promised Leah that he would not kill him. So, he left the injured man and made sure that he was completely conscious for the final moments of his life. What he had done, it made his hands be covered in blood, and a few dots on his face, but it wasn't anything that anyone could just die from. No, but it was painful too, especially when he rubbed salt into the wounds - quite literally.

Finding Leah was not an issue, but carrying someone by their damp shirt was. So, he decided to drop by her apartment. It figured that she would be around here anyway. Hades dumped the conscious man to the ground, and wondered if it even hurt to breathe. Hades smirked and he whispered, "I won't be ending your miserable life..." Hades was not given that, and besides, this was not his place to take a man's life that he did not know nor did the man do anything to him anyhow. Hades bent down and conjured heaving chains to bind his hands together behind his back, and also tied a black rope around his mouth, to keep him from shouting. Hades could have cut out his tongue, but maybe Leah wanted him to have a few last words. He also wondered just how long would he be dazed under the effects of chloroform. Hades had only experimented with the stuff a few times in his life, and did not know about it completely. Hades assumed that Leah was not home, so he took a seat on the couch, and waited in silence.

It had been a fair day for the young witch. Lolita Silverback bequeathed her a day off, and she used it to do some much needed grocery shopping and spending the day with her little sister, Natalie. Her mother even made an appearance at one point during the day, and the conversation that ensued had been nothing short of pleasant and enjoyable. The tension between the two had faded slightly, because Leah no longer questioned her about William. Hades was on the search, and she was more than positive that he would find the man no matter where it took him. It was this thought that made smiling much easier.

When the sun dipped low behind the buildings, setting shadows around the landscape, Leah decided to head on home and spend the rest of the evening relaxing with a few snacks and reading a few books she had purchased from Flourish and Blotts only a couple of days ago. She was looking forward to it, the small things in life having surprisingly worked wonders on her personality. Apparating on the front steps to her apartment, she pulled out her wand and muttered a few security spells. "Hmm.." The usual clicks of the lock were nonexistant, which immediately sent suspicion and wariness through the girls veins.

Leah kept her wand out and stepped inside the room, flipping the light switch on and revealing the intruder. The sight of Hades Lutrov on her couch forced her hand to drop the groceries onto the tile floor, and lower her wand to her capri covered thigh. "Of course I should have expected you." It hadn't been too long since Leah entrusted him with this mission, and seeing a chain bound man with rope blocking everything but his muffled groans was enough to know that he had completed his task. "Thank you, Hades." She murmured, stepping over to the broken man.

His clothes and skin were stained with blood. Leah didn't have to look at Hades to know that he wore the splatters proudly upon his person. "It looks as if you've had a lot of fun with our prey. I thank you for that as well." She circled William, studying his face and enjoying the fear and bemusement indented into his expression. "I am so glad you left enough for me to play with too." Leah smirked, feeling happier than she had in ages. This was it. It was time to put an end to this cretins life, once and for all. "You don't know who I am, do you?" She questioned him. William shook his head. Of course he wouldn't know... he never was one to pay attention to his daughter... unless he was kicking her around for sport.

"Remember Harlow Winters? The one you used, and threw away? The woman you left penniless and poor because you took her savings?" He was a thief as well as a coward. "I'm her daughter."

And Williams day had started out so well for him. His day at work was business as usual, although very much improved with him having gotten the new attractive woman as his personal assistant only a week ago. Her name was unimportant, and he had finally broken the outer shell of the woman, resulting in a quick emotionless shag against his large mahogany desk during the lunch hour. She wouldn't stay as an employee for too long, he knew. They never did, his purpose for hiring attractive secretaries having been completed so easily. His main thought after the event being his remorse for not hiring the fiery red head that seemed so intent on not flirting with him during the interview process. Perhaps he would call her tomorrow. Her application was still on his desk, he realized happily. At least he would have more than two weeks of playing cat and mouse, and finally ending in a broom closet bang.

After work William joined a few muggles he worked with at the nearest bar. They spent a few hours drinking beers, and watching the odd game football on the television. By the time he decided to head home, darkness was already creeping in on him. Walking was the only choice for him, the beers had made him a bit drunk and apparating when under the influence was a quick invitation for splinching. It wouldn't be wise to alert anyone at St Mungo's of a magical injury, for he owed a certain doctor many galleons that was long overdue in payments.

William thought of how enjoyable his day had been, unaware of the man behind him. The cloth covered his face so suddenly, that he couldn't struggle before feeling the side effects of chloroform. Chloroform. "Bastard." Was the last coherent word he spat out, unsure how this stranger knew his name. He only knew that this meant trouble.

William opened his eyes, feeling as though only a few minutes had past before the white cloth had shielded his vision and nose. "Who...are you!?" He yelled at his captor. He did not recognize this man, when in fact he usually had a good eye for any enemies out to get him. Perhaps he was hired? Regardless, the words barely left his mouth before his body was put through numerous tortures. He had never felt this kind of pain before, never having been at anyone's mercy. His wand was out of his reach, and probably snapped in half somewhere.

"No!"

It felt as if hours had past. Horribly painful hours, but in fact it had not been that long since this darkness of a man put him through pain. He barely clung to reality, and hardly registered the change in environment. Chains bound him, and rope kept him from speaking out. He lay knelt on to the ground waiting... but waiting for what?

It was soon shown. A woman... a very beautiful woman at that walked through the doors. He listened as they made conversation, and with her words he was well aware that this was no rescue party. Fear shot through him. He tried to yell, Who are you???? but the words were muffled. As the woman spoke to him, he tried to place her. She seemed to have a sort of grudge against him, but he was unable to figure out what exactly he had done to her?

And then she told him. Harlow's daughter. His eyes widened with understanding. William was finally faced with his past. Something he had attempted to avoid for years and years was now in his face in a matter of minutes.

Hades glanced over when Leah Winters entered into her own apartment and dropped the groceries onto the tile floor. She should have been expecting him, perhaps not on her couch with a special delivery, but he was here nonetheless. His head raised slightly, and he glanced down at the father of Leah. While he was here to watch her kill him, he would be gathering more information, about Leah, about why he was asked to do this in the first place. It was what he wanted, and wished to do. He would enjoy this thoroughly. Hades adjusted his position so that he was leaning forward and he smirked down at the bound and gagged man. Hades wondered what would happen to the man. Would Leah torture him even more, until he was dead, or would she just make it a quick slaughter? How Hades wanted to see her rip someone apart. It must be hard to kill a parent, then again he ripped his own mother apart so much, her body just looked like something you would find at a slaughtering house for pigs and cows.

Hades clasped his hands together, his fingers intertwining with his own, not caring that he was just smearing even more of William's blood onto his skin. He liked the feel of it upon him anyhow. "I am good at what I do, and I was debating upon cutting out his tongue, however I changed my mind when I thought that you might want to hear his last words before doing away with him." Hades wondered how long this would take. He had children to look after. He had many of them. However he had one that was old enough to watch after the others. He could have one night to enjoy a death. Unlike him, his children were afternoon and evening roamers, and slept through the night. No one could find where he lives anyhow. Hades just paid attention to what Leah would do upon Williams. The story seemed like something from a Soap Opera. At least it had Hades' attention.

"I knew you would be." It was why Leah had hired Hades to do this difficult task. His skill in stalking and tracking were much to brag about, and it was a fact that if you were on the run from Hades or anyone in his extremely large family, you would not last long. She couldn't help but smile with glee. This is what she wanted... exactly what she wanted. "You made the right choice. I want to hear this miserable maggot scream." She reached and yanked the rope off his mouth, leaving it dangling around his neck.

He sputtered out words... excuses, lies, pure bullshit. "Silence." She hadn't heard his voice in twelve or so years, and it still remained unchanged. The layer of malice still remained in an undertone, and the certain possibility of a lie could be detected by Leah's focused ears. She hated him. "I will never forgive you for what you did to me and my mother. Especially my mother!" She raised her wand and cried, "Sectumsempra!" It was possibly one of her most favorite curses. The spell slashed him, staining the remainder of unbloodied parts of his clothes that he had. His cries of anguish were music to her ears.

"I don't want to hear an explanation. You have none, filth." Leah paused. She wanted to hurt him badly, but she also wanted to go ahead and kill him... that way he would never hurt another woman or child ever again. She owed it to the many abandoned and beaten families he had turned his back on... She couldn't allow him to live. It was not only about avenging her own personal hurts... it was about getting rid of slime like him. "It's time to die, Mr. Winters."

Leah laughed at his protests and begging. "Did you listen to the many pleas from your sons, wives, girlfriends, and daughters...?" His silence explained it all. "Then, I will not listen to yours." Leah pointed her wand at him, enjoying the fear and hopelessness etched in his face. He knew his end had come, and this was Leah's favorite part. She didn't want this to be quick and easy for him.... no...he had to suffer.

With those thoughts, Leah jabbed her wand at the floor in front of William and conjured six deadly poisonous serpents. She quite enjoyed the scene that followed.

It was about vengeance.. William could understand that fully. His only wish was that it was not against him, although deep down in his heart he was well aware that he had it coming. His life had been spent whoring and treating others like his inferior. He never did treat the women and children in his life well, besides Jane and those six kids that he barely gave a thought to. The woman, or rather his daughter being one of the main that he had severely mistreated. In fact, he still didn't remember her name.

"Please... I know I made mistakes, but I've changed...I-" Silence! She had screamed. It was a lie, anyhow. He hadn't changed... William remained the same as he had been twelve or thirteen years ago. "No, don't... I swear I-" Sectumsempra slashed at him, sending his body into convulsions. He fell onto the floor, wanting the pain to end...just hoping that she would stop playing the torturous games and send him to his death quickly and mercifully.

His skin burned like fire, and he felt weak...unable to get back up and face the young woman he had hurt so badly. "Please...don't kill me.." William grimaced at the laughter, wondering how he could have spawned such a heartless creature. He had made many moralistically wrong choices, and even dealt abuse to people but he could never laugh at someone covered in blood and struggling to live. "How could you...laugh.." His words were broken up...he couldn't speak coherently. The past torture from the man named Hades' and now the abuse from his daughter forced his words to crumble.

"Did you listen to the many pleas from your sons, wives, girlfriends, and daughters...? Then, I will not listen to yours."

It was finally time for him to die. William opened his eyes, hearing the spell that would end his wretched life once and for all. No more running, no more hiding, and never again would he be able to change indentitys at the drop of a hat. William cried out in fear. Why not Avada Kedevra?? His mind asked as the snakes hissed, slithering slowly towards him... A horrible way to die, really.

The story pretty much told itself when Leah and Williams interacted. Then he was slashed the the smell of blood tainted the air, and it was amazing. This is what he needed, a small fix. Hades watched the light leave the man's eyes and soon, he was dead. Hades rose up from the couch, and he nudged the body with his boot, and not a single movement. Hades nodded softly, "Well done, Leah. My job is done, and I have bigger fish to fry now." Hades needed to get Onix either killed or being sent to Azkaban one. Whichever one worked for him. Sometimes, one would have to stick up for their siblings, even after you beat the living crap out of them and injured them so much that they could never walk again. Hades bid Leah a goodnight, before he apparated out, leaving her be with her groceries and whatever she wanted to do with the body. Hades needed to check up on his kids, on Anastasia and finally on the family that might need him to do other tasks. It was difficult at times to be a Guardian of the family. Being a Viscount would be awesome as well, but Guardians are just as vicious, and no one could watch over the family like Hades could, because he watched over everyone - sometimes without them even knowing. The night was still young, and a revenged-craved soul was now satisfied. Hades could not have asked for a better way to start out a night.

Leah vanished the snakes and stared down at the lifeless corpse. He was finally dead.. William was finished. No more stressing out if she would ever find him, and finally her thirst for vengeance would abate and she could concentrate on other far more important things. It was a feeling of relief to see his blood covered form crumpled on her floor, although the sudden thought of possible stains upon the carpet section only sort of perturbed her. Foolish old man would cause trouble for her, dead or alive.

Leah met Hades' gaze, so thankful for what he had done for her. "I owe you one." It was not an empty statement. He had done something so crucial for her, and it would be repaid, no matter what the price. "Farewell." She watched him leave the apartment, and collapsed onto her couch feeling the sticky, wet substance of Williams earlier shed blood. It didn't bother her... she felt more..savage. He was dead. Dead.

The young Death Eater looked over at the body. His face was visible, holding a horrified expression..similar to the one he had before the venom and blood loss worked it's magic. Leah was the spitting image of him. His expressions of fear were exactly the same as the ones she did when something horrible happened in the line of duty, and the cockiness and arrogance had went straight to her. They were one in the same... but the daughter was far worse than the father could ever be.

She felt justified, however. He was meant to die, and now she had finally gotten her revenge. And then she felt it. The urge to kill again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back