For What It's Worth

Nobody Marsters

OOC First Name
Cole
Nobody had slimmed down considerably in the months that she had gone. She looked at herself in the mirror, her brown orbs locking with themselves. Usually she wasn't vane, and didn't even try to look nice. However, since coming back and seeing Yosif again, she wanted to try more to be prettier. it was undeniable that she had a crush; her first crush ever. She smiled slightly and put on some light blush. Slipping on some comfortable cloths, she decided that she was ready to start the day.

It was obvious that in the few weeks she had really been there, she had already perked up. She was not the same girl whom had thrown herself on her bed, balling like a ten year old with a stomach ache. With her confidence boosted, she had even found time to do her hair a bit, the locks slightly curled. She had cut her own bangs square, and didn't bother wearing cover up over her freckles. They were her favorite part. She smiled as she walked, feeling slightly flamboyant; she felt like she could float. She stopped walking and looked around, what would she do? She needed to find someone new to talk to, someone who wouldn't become a bully. Since she hadn't spoken to Larissa in a long time, and Yosif was no protector.

The past few days had been awful for Marcus. After the incident with Dederick and Magnus in the halls, Marcus had been left with a couple of bruises around his left eye. Luckily for him, his bruises had diminished in sized and his left eye wasn’t as swollen as before. The bruises though were still visible enough to draw the attention of the other students who shared the classes and halls with him. Some knew about the incident by gossip through friends or from being there themselves. Yet Marcus didn’t feel shy of confronting the other students, hiding his bruises had never crossed his mind. These bruises represented so much more than just the simplified case of him receiving punches. These bruises represented his honour and his loyalty, these bruises showed that Marcus had not been afraid of receiving punches for something. It was a fact that the fight had started over a little incident but it still deep down showed that Marcus was no coward.

Marcus walked through the halls on a quest to find something to do for the present time. His school bag kept close as to not reproduce another small incident with a different student of Durmstrang. He was pretty certain that the headmistress wouldn’t be too pleased if she had to intervene once more in a fight that had Marcus involved. He kept to the exterior side of the hall as he brushed against the wall when he came by a group of students. Marcus continued his path as he brought his gaze down to the floor for a minute. It had probably been an illusion but Marcus had the impression that he had seen one of his shoe laces detached but through further investigation both seemed tied properly. Marcus continued walking with his head down till his eyes caught the legs of someone right in front. He abruptly stopped walking as he brought his gaze back up to see a girl who had been, it seems, looking in another direction as well. Marcus took a step back. “Sorry about the close call, I was distracted for a minute and didn’t see you there.”

Nobody had never felt this relaxed, really she hadn't. She leaned against the wall for a moment, and a thought crossed her mind. Maybe she'd be able to concentrate. Getting good grades was an important thing for Nobody, or it had been before she had been bullied. When Kyouhei took away her safety, he had taken away her confidence, and her urge to be the best. This was given back when she met Yosif, and again when they had started talking. Nobody gave a sigh and continued walking. She meandered until a group of kids went to pass, she moved to the side, hoping not to hit anyone.

She stopped short though, when a brunette boy almost crashed into her. She smiled at him when he apologized, deciding that he'd be safe to talk to. "Oh it's quiet alright." She said politely to the boy. She wondered if she should introduce herself to him. it would be nice to have a friend. "I'm sorry, have we met?." She asked, her stutter gone. It seemed that she only had it when she was around Yosif. That made him special. Very special. She waited to see his reaction, she wasn't really good at meeting new people. At least, she wasn't good with the introductions.

Marcus wasn’t the most social person in the school. During class, he was more preoccupied with learning the subject and listening to the teacher that he rarely got involved in the chit chat games of meeting new people. From time to time he’d give in to the temptation and take away his concentration from the teacher to meeting new students or discussing with students he already knew but those occasions were rare and distant between one another. Other then in classrooms, Durmstrang had its hallways and other locations to meet new people but Marcus preferred spending his free time either with people he already knew, writing letters to his sister or studying for the upcoming classes. At the end of the day, Marcus barely ever went up to meet new people and so if he had met this girl before today. She had went under his radar and lost from his memory.

“I don’t think so, I can’t seem to find any memories of meeting you if we had met before today.” Marcus said in an apologetic tone as he looked at the girl in front of him. With a few seconds passed since his last words, Marcus spoke once more. “I am Marcus.” He hoped with the addition of his name that it would or could spark some memory or familiarity to him by the girl but he highly doubted it.

Nobody gave a sweet smile to the boy. She searched her memory banks, and thought maybe she had had a class with him at some point. it made no difference, if she didn't know him maybe he'd be a new friend. Nobody extended her hand. "Well, it's nice to meet you." She said kindly. Nobody didn't feel threatened by this boy, and so thought she should be friendly. "I'm Nobody." She said, not feeling so ashamed by her name. Wondering if maybe Yosif had her name in his mind as much as she had his in hers. "Marcus, ya say? Mind if I walk with you for a bit, I haven't got any plans, and would love to make a new friend." She said. It was true. She'd love to make a friend in general.

((I'm sorry it's taken so long for a reply, i really am.))

The day was definitely becoming more interesting as it went. After coming close to knocking the girl right off her feet in the middle of a hallway filled with students. The girl was wanting to spend time with him and maybe become friends. Marcus wasn't used to such up front desires from a girl and he didn't truly know what to make of them. Rarely had he seen people come up to him and ask if they could walk together and hopefully become friends but even if it occurred rarely, Marcus wasn't about to deny such a small task that would high likely make the day of someone else. "Sure, I don't mind, I wasn't truly doing much anyways." He gave a small smile towards Nobody.

Along with her direct demand to become friends, Marcus was also taken by surprise with her name. Had she just said that as a joke? She had to be playing with him, how could someone be called Nobody? Her parents must have been strange to name their child, Nobody. He didn't know the actual story or even if it was her actual name and so he couldn't really pass a critical judgment on her parents or whoever decided to call her such. Marcus started walking slowly down the hallway in the direction he had been previously heading before the close call with Nobody. "So, how does someone end up calling their child Nobody?" Marcus wasn't certain how the girl would react to his question. It could be a sensitive topic for her but the question had been asked and now was too late to take it back. He was going to have to pay the consequences of his directness in demanding his question and for his thirst of curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back