OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 16 Inch Swishy Hornbeam Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Airen was super excited for her first yule ball, and had spent too long in the bathroom getting ready. But she was now, so she rushed down, looking around with wide eyes and taking in all the decor.

Dorian had had bad luck with past school events but the Yule Ball was more formal, so hopefully kids would be better behaved. It was off to a bad start however with a girl stuck in front of him gawping at the decorations. "You're in the way," he said shortly.

Airen jumped a little when someone spoke, and she turned, smiling sheepishly. "Hey, I'm sorry," She stepped aside. "Whatcha doing?" She asked easily.

Dorian hesitated as the girl's question, glancing around to check he wasn't somehow doing something he shouldn't have. "Probably.. Getting a snack. Or finding my friend," he said slowly. "Why, what are you doing?"

Airen chuckled. "I dunno yet," She replied easily, giving him a bright smile. "Snacks sound fun, though, we could go together?" She offered, looking around again and spotting the tables. "I'm Airen, by the way, Airen Gates." She introduced herself.

"I guess..." Dorian said, letting the girl lead the way, too baffled by her friendliness to say no. She almost reminded him of Ezra in a way and it was better than skulking around on his own looking weird. "I'm Dorian."

Airen giggled. "That's a great name!" She told him. "I like Dorian." She skipped to the snack table, looking over them. "Ooh, these all look yummy."

"Thanks?" Dorian said, bewildered. He didn't have a strong opinion about Airen's name. Though he had a few thoughts about her skipping around like a five year old. He followed her at a normal walk, like a normal person, and surveyed the snack table. "Do they have anything without peppermint? Worse part of Yule is all the peppermint."

Airen considered, picking up a chocolate cupcake and taking a bite. "This is just regular chocolate," She told him, smiling softly. "And... this looks like regular gingerbread," She offered, picking up a few biscuits.

Dorian surveyed the snack table dubiously. "Don't they have anything savory?" He groused, squinting at a small pie and hoping it was mince and not the weird spiced fruit ones you could get around Christmas. "You just gonna eat everything with your hands, then?" Why did party food always have to be so messy?

Airen smiled. "Not much of a sweet tooth?" She offered, looking through the treats. She found a charcuterie board, and nudged him. "Oh, what about this?" She offered, picking up a bit of the meat, cheese, and crackers onto her own plate. "Would this be savory enough?" She asked him with an easy smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back