For old time sake

Koaru Koshiba

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Broken
Koaru looked at all the glitz and glamor that came with his annual ball. It was just one more tradition that had been handed down from the times when the Icchara ruled Japan with an iron fist. He knew that his competitors would love to see the Four Families crumble but Koaru knew too well that he 'daughter' Eden would keep the families strong. It was just too bad that the man-child that she was planning on marring got himself thrown in Akasban. Koaru was pleased that Eden was seeing someone else now. He would not have a criminal as a son-in-law. As he took a deep draft of his drink and looked around the ballroom he smirked to himself.

The thought he had just had amused him greatly. As did the women he had hired to dance and flirt with a few of his wealthier contacts. Keeping then happy meant the gallions would keep coming in. What was good for them was good for the business. This was something that Koaru had been taught ever since he was old enough to understand. He wondered where his 'wife-to-be' was at the moment. Cynthia was turning out to be everything he had expected her to be. Snobby, rude and airheaded. In short the perfect blond trophy to show in future events like this.

Koaru knew very well what his 'treasure' was up to and couldn't care less. Cynthia was part of a business deal. Her father's business was the only thing he saw in her. Koaru laughed as one of his more drunken guests made a joke. His Demon sake drenched mind started to wonder to a black haired woman who had been infanantly smarter than Cynthia. She had been more honest too, more loving more everything. If only he could remember her name he would remember why he was thinking of her in his alcoholic haze.

Haruhi was unsure of why she was even here. It had been years since she had been to one of these parties, but for some reason her she was dressed to kill with a drink in her hand. None of these people meant anything to her. They did not know what she was but they knew who she was. Famous make-up and hair dresser, Haruhi Koshiba, mother to Eden Koshiba. The princess of the Koshiba family. Haruhi remembered why she was here once more. Eden was back in school but she needed to be informed of what was going on. Haruhi nodded her head and smiled to an older gentlemen. He was trying to offer his oldest son in marriage to Eden. Haruhi gently shook her head and back away. Eden would choose for herself.

Looking around the room, Haruhi caught sight of a dark haired man who only 15 years ago took her breath away. He still had it even after all these years. Making her way to him Haruhi came up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. The drink's in her system making her bold. "I see that you have not changed." Haruhi said primly.

Ex-wife to Koaru Koshiba. There had been whispers when the divorce first happened but it had been so long ago in terms of gossip that no one really remembered what had happened. They where all whispering about Cynthia coming into the Japanese fold of power and what she would do in her station. Koaru would make sure that she would keep appearances as well as keep her happy so he could keep her father's help. Another taistless and meaningless joke was uttered by his self-proclaimed funny guest and Koaru was ready to move on. This was when he saw the woman he had been thinking about. Her beauty had somehow slipped him when he was thinking of her but it was very eventide now. So gorgeous in fact that many of his girlfriends had been chosen because is some way shape or form they resembled her.

None of them could equal up to Haruhi though. Not that this name came up in his mind, no matter how hard Koaru tried it wouldn't come up. He knew that it had been too long. "Nether have you. Still as lovely as ever." He said very charmingly. It was his usual manner with beautiful women even though he knew that she had once meant something to him. Other than the matter that she was the mother of the hares of the Koshiba empire that was. Something deeper. Something that had been destroyed a long time ago.

Haruhi could see the people looking at her. They could not believe that she would dare and show her face here of all places. Haruhi feared nothing. She was the beloved mother of Eden Koshiba and they all knew that Eden had just suffered a blow to her heart and they would not want to make another so soon. It could damage her and no one would want to risk that with no one to follow after her with Tohoru being unable to hold his temper. Haruhi motioned to her ex-husband to follow and she turned and left. She knew that the soon to be wife was around her somewhere but she did not care. Haruhi could snap that women in half.

Once they where away from the crowds. Haruhi looked at Koaru. "Your daughter Eden sends her love. As always and her new beau Selwin is the poster boy of the new Death Eater's" Haruhi wanted to say more but thought better of it. Best not to say to much around this. Or invoke his anger. Taking another drink from her glass Haruhi looked around the office noticing that everything was the same as when she left.

Koaru followed her gracefully dodging the people around them. It was no surprise that Haruhi was here really. She was a Japanese elite in her own right. Owner of her own company and was owner of her own store. If she had been Pure she would have had most of Japan in her hand. Koaru would have been more then happy to give it to her. Memories started to trickle back to the Japanese mafia boss that made him wish that alcoholic had the same affect on him it had when he had first started drinking. He knew that Haruhi could take Cynthia in more ways than one but chances were that she really didn't care where Koaru was or what he was doing. Just as he didn't really care if she was paying special attention to one of his guests.

They where alone in the old office Koaru listened to Haruhi. "Eden is growing to be a proper heiress. She seems to be attracted to power especially to those of the New Zealand Death Eaters." He said smoothly. Koaru never thought much of the New Zealand Death Eaters. They where not like the Bulgarian family of legend but still he had heard report. The resent election also had Koaru listening to the news there. Depending on who got elected Koaru would have to make arrangements for his business. Even now faced with a living memory Koaru put work first. He took another swig of Demon Sake and looked at Haruhi. "I'm guessing that you do not approve of her more resent boyfriends." He said studying her a bit.

Haruhi could play this game well. Her family was rich very rich and magical as far back as any pure family. They where pure in there right. Not that Haruhi cared about any of it. She wanted to raise her younglings to be right a proper wizards. But seeing as they all had ties very close to there father it might be harder than it should be. Haruhi understood why Eden spent a lot of time in Japan but Tohoru was a different story he knew that there was nothing to gain from hanging around. Now it was looking like little Lilith was becoming attached to the Koshiba. Haruhi waved her wand the door closed and they where alone. No one would come in this room while they where alone together. To do so would be signing there death warrant.

Haruhi dismissed Koaru with a wave of her hand. "Eden is growing this way because she is under my watchful eye. I fear that with this new wife she will be mistreated. They have already clashed once. Your new toy can not fight nor do a proper curse from what my spies have told me." Haruhi hated weak people and this blonde hair was very weak. Haruhi knew of Eden's new boyfriend. He was of pure blood another Death Eater. "I know that this one is of pure blood and yet another Death Eater. I liked Chase but he was stupid and got tossed into Azkaban. So therefore he is not worthy of our Eden." Haruhi made sure the word our lingered in the air. 'What I do not approve is how much time she is hanging around the Silverback's. There are rumors that she may of bound herself to the women Lolita and even now as we speak. The women is putting a boy foreword so that he might capture Eden's heart." Haruhi was making plans to put foreword one of her nephews. Anyone would be better than a Silverback in Haruhi's eyes.

(Haruhi is Muggleborn)

Tohoru had proven himself unable to hold the position of Head of the Four Families meaning that one of the boys from the other families would take the title soon. There was only one that would make a proper match for Eden that Koaru could think of. He had been promised to Hoshi but since she had taken herself out of the family he was free to make his choice or so it seemed. Koaru started to think of Lilith as well and how she was coming along the way of her sister. She was as smart as her and with a little work the girl could be used to make allies as well. Koaru now remembered why he had gone as far as marrying this woman. Her mind was as astounding as her body.

Koaru crossed his arms and chuckled. "Royalty through tainted blood." He mused. "You are doing well but you don't need to worry about Cynthia. When our marriage is finalized she will spend her time somewhere or another if she does not take interest in matters of business." He said as the thought passed through his head. The woman would have some use at least. She was like a lot of the Family wives and she knew that she would get along with them. Koaru was already thinking of the place that Cynthia would have in his organization. "Lolita Silverback of the the Sliverback family. She's a worthy woman but the lines of connection and the lines of family must not be crossed with them. There is too much familiar blood in that family for it to be safe for offspring." Koaru mused again. Koaru had traced a bit of the family line and knew just how dangerous it would be for Eden to be caught up with that family. His on the other hand carefully monitored lines so as to avoid some of the clear complications. "Our Eden?" He asked with a tilted head and a smirk on his face.

(All of Haruhi's family is muggle born as in muggle witches and wizards.)

Haruhi raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow. "If that women ever lays a hand on Eden again. I will murder her myself. Eden has enough to worry about without having to train to fight in hand to hand combat." Haruhi had been overseeing all of Eden's training when she was on break and Eden never had a moment where she was truly free to relax. "Eden's birth parents are both dead from what I have discovered and they where magical from America. We have nothing to fear from her marrying a Silverback. I just think she can do better than that." Haruhi finished her drink and placed it on the desk. "Yes our Eden. Tohoru found her and brought her to us out of love for her, but she is proven she is truly a Koshiba."

Haruhi took a step closer to Koaru. "Now tell me what is going on inside that evil mind of yours? I know you have something planned for Lilith. I have things planned for the girl as well. She is going to be removed from Hogwarts and sent else where. After she is done with her schooling. She is to go to college in America.' Haruhi was going to keep Lilith and Eden apart. A women had come to her and warned her that as the two sisters got older they would become so close that it would ruin there plans for Eden. Haruhi reached out and placed her hand on his shoulder. It had been a long while since she had been this close to a man. It was funny that she would be close to this one even though deep down inside of her she hated him so much.

Koaru shook his head. "Again, Cynthia will rarely ever see Eden if I can help it. The two are too uncompilable but the marriage can not be avoided." He said with a note of anger in his voice. Had he had the choice he would have chosen to make Cynthia a contact rather than family. It was unavoidable though. Cynthia would be his wife before too long meaning that the Koshiba empire would be in part her's as well. For the time being anyway. Eden and whoever got her hand in marriage would take over after his demise. "As you would have." He said tracing the outline of her face. Had Haruhi been Pure everything would have been perfect. Had she been Pure the soul crushing consequences that had come from their marriage would never have happened.

"I am thinking of how things would have worked out had you been of Family standards." Koaru said honestly. Though drunk, Koaru would never throw in Harhu's face that her entire family though magical all came from tainted blood. Dirty blood that most would see unworthy to walk this earth. Koaru was one of those people but he had at one point made the exception for Haruhi. He had payed dearly for doing so. Enough that any love he had felt for her had drained. All that was left was drunken lust and some contempt for all her kind.

Haruhi smirked. "That is good I am sure that women will be spending a lot of time giving you pureblooded babies. Lets hope they get your looks instead of hers." Haruhi hated the look of the women and she knew her husband could do much better but it was a marriage could not be avoided. "Eden is being this new boy of hers to the wedding. Watch him, he may be a Death Eater but he is going to school with muggles. I don't like it." Haruhi had no love of people who had no magic in them. They where worthless to her and she hated them all.

"I was to standards than we would have more than just the twins of that I am sure and Eden and Lilith would have been homeless years ago." Haruhi loved that she had two more daughters to call her own. They made her life so full and complete it was perfect. Haruhi reached up and put her hand on his. She had said all she had needed to say but instead of turning on her heel and walking away she stood there letting her mind take her back to days that had already passed.

Koaru was sure that Cynthia's father had see what marrying him would do for his family as well as what Koaru could see what her family could do for his. It was business, nothing more. Cold, logical and in a way cruel. Cruelty and the power that came with it where the ways of the Koshiba and the Families that had been a part of this bloodline since before anyone could remember. "Let's hope your right." He said. The thing that had brought into question the purity of Koaru's blood had been his crystalline blue eyes. Seeing as Cynthia had blue eyes as well he could see the children having the same ice like eyes but other than that he wouldn't know. "You talk as if you had been raised from with in the Families." He said amusement in his voice.

Koaru closed his eyes. Haruhi was warm just as she always had been. "You would have ruled Japan though. The title Shadow Empress would have been yours to keep." He said as he wrapped and arm around her back and bringing her closer to him. None of his girlfriends even came close to earning this title and Cynthia even though she was marrying him would never have it. The Shadows earned their title by making the actual rulers of the country seem like rubber stamps, worthless and powerless. Everyone knew that Koaru was really the one that ruled Japan and he could see quite clearly that Haruhi would have fought her way into this position right along side him. If only she had been Pure.

Haruhi put herself that much closer to the man she used to love. She should leave now before she did something stupid. Not that it would matter if something did happen. "I have always been right about such things as what a child should look like." Haruhi loved the way Koaru's eyes looked. There where bluer than blue. Once upon a time Haruhi had dreamed of waking up next to those eyes every morning but that was not to be. "I was raised within the families, if you remember right." Haruhi hopped that age was not getting to his sharp mind he was 40.

Haruhi laughed. "I never wanted that title. I just wanted to love you and raise a family with you." Haruhi just wanted love, power never meant anything to her. "Eden will take that title and you know she will use it very well." Haruhi liked the way she felt in his arms. It was just perfect. But deadly.

Koaru would not remember this night he knew this now. The demon spirits (the drink) he had been drinking where fogging his mind into the lull that he hadn't felt in a long time. He had fallen in love with Haruhi because of her beauty and brilliance. "I remember you being with in the outer circles. Enough to know what would have happened to you had we stayed together." He said as he passed a thumb over her lips then kissed her.

What made Koaru do this he didn't know. There could have been a part of him that still felt something close to love for Haruhi but it would never really come out. The rules of the Koshiba family where finite as they were many. There would be punishment even for him and Koaru was now law. He had become law now at the age of 40. His competitors finally saw him as threat after years working to gain thier 'respect'. One night would not harm either of them.

Haruhi knew how drunk her ex-husband was. She had only had a few drinks just enough to fake being drunk and get closer to this man. "You remember right, but no matter what I was always the smartest. I knew that it would mean my death if we stayed together but I did not care. At least until I knew what was happening with my little Hoshi." Haruhi leaned into the kiss. It was just as she had remembered. She knew that once upon a time his kisses had been real but now they where just as fake as all his promises.

Haruhi knew that what they where doing was wrong but once again she did not care. How could she. Even though they where now divorced. Haruhi could still remembered all the lessons she had learned. It seemed that Koaru wanted her. No needed her in that moment and she was here for him like she had always been.

Koaru brought Haruhi closer to him. Raw need took over along withthe basic instincts that where brought out by demon sake and an over all boring night. If he where honest with himself he hated these kinds of things but when was even an Emperor allowed to be honest with himself. Koaru broke the kiss and looked at her. In an instant the scene changed from the office in the ballroom to his privet courters. Ther would be no argument over this he knew this now. Even if there was there would be no one to hear Haruni. Coming into the wing where Koaru's room was could be punished with things that where much worse than death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back