Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eryk
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Libby had asked Jake if he wanted to pratice flying with her, as she understood he wanted to try out for the team next year. She'd given up trying for now, but might again in a few years. Libby took her broom, the one she'd only ever flown a few times, and had been given to her on her twelve birthday, and wandered down to the quidditch pitch in her new jacket and waited against the wall for him. It was the middle of winter, and wasn't the best time to be outside, but if you were going to be playing for the house, you would need to be able to play in any weather. Libby had with her a quaffle. She just hoped Jake would remember to turn up.

Jake was in good spirits that day and not even the cold weather could dampen them.He loved Quidditch and it had been his dream to be able to play for his house.He knew that he was good at flying.He only needed practice and confidence.He was sure that if he practiced hard,he would make it on to the team.Or at least become an alternative.

He walked out onto the Quidditch pitch with his broom on his shoulder.He realized that his outfit would be just right for the weather conditions.The snow muffled his foot steps as he walked towards Liberty who was standing by the wall of the changing rooms."Hey Libby!" he greeted her stopping in front of her.

Libby looked up and grinned when she saw Jake coming over to join her. "Hey" she said enthusiastically. "So, you think you're ready?" she stuck out her tongue. There was hardly any wind today, which would probably help, and she chucked the quaffle to him. "Here you go." There was no time to hang around, it was too cold. "How you feel about trying to score goals, whilst i defend?" she asked. When she was younger her mum had taught her in the place of the keeper, it was Libby's faveourite anyway. Libby was grinning quite alot as they started to walk to the pitch. "You hear we're fourth year's now" she said excitedly, resisting the urge to clap. It always had this effect on her, it would wear off soon enough though.

"I am as ready as I can be!"he said enthusiastically as he brushed his hand through his overgrown hair.He caught the quaffle before it made contact to his chest and said,"Sounds like a good idea to me."he said as started walking towards the pitch.He tossed into the air and caught it again and again."Yes,I did.But I don't feel any older do you?"he asked her with a grin.He had always been the one who didn't want to grow up.

They reached the center of the pitch and Jake stopped and took off his broom from his shoulder."Let's start,shall we?"he said as he mounted his broom and kicked off hard from the ground.He shot up like a bullet."Wo-hooo!"he yelled as he gained more and more height.He didn't direct the broom where to go,he just let it go with speed as the cold wind blew in his face.He had forgotten how good it felt to ride a broom.

Libby watched as Jake was throwing the quaffle, "Sure i do, but i guess that's just because i'm actually going to start properly" she said smiling. She grinned as the sun shone dispite the cool air, as Jake took off from the ground and started to randomly circle the pitch. She mounted her own broom and kicked off too, flying high before doing a small swoop and circling the hoops. "I'll play keeper for now" she called out, not bothering to hold on to her broom with her hands. This would also be a pratice session for Libby, who hadn't played since her last Hufflepuff game in her second year. "Bring it on" she called out, taking her position infront of the middle hoop.

Jake zoomed over the pitch with the quaffle securely tucked under his hand.He dived for the ground,rocketing fast as he went.But just when he was about to crash he pulled out sharply and zoomed towards the hoops on the north where libby was defending.At his speed he would shoot directly through the hoop.He now had a good range of scoring so he grabbed his quaffle with one hand and shot it with full force towards the left hoop.And then to avoid collision with Libby he did a somersault on his broom and stopped infront of the hoops to see if Libby had caught the quaffle or not.

Libby grinned and took hold of her broom tightly as Jake came back up at high speed. As the quaffle flew at her, or rather the hoop she was defending, she wacked the end of her broom against it, making it fly off back in the direction it'd come from. "Ha!" she called, flipping through the hoop over and over again, waiting to see if Jake would be able to score a goal.

Jake went after the quaffle as it flew off to the other side of the pitch.Half way to the other side he caught it and sharply turned his broom arround and flew towards Libby.He hurled at full speed towards her,so fast that if he didn't stop at the right time he would bang right into her.He had a firm grip on the quaffle and his eyes were focused on the central hoop.As he came into shooting range he threw the quaffle at the hoop but did not stop.He zoomed right at Libby.Stopping inches from her he planned to distract her into thinking that they were going to crash so she would not pay attention to the quaffle.

Libby was prepared to catch whatever was throw at her. Or the hoops. She braced herself, lining herself up, just as Jake came back up the pitch. He was going to shoot. When he let go, Libby was about to steer her broom to the side to catch it, when she was shocked at how close he'd became. "Brake!" she shouted, wincing as she could feel the wind rushing past her. She flew up broom upwards, before taking a quick glance down and realizing he'd managed to score the goal. "Damn you Jake. You should know better than to scare someone like that!" she teased, flying lower again.

Jake burst into a roaring laugh after the quaffle went into the hoop.The expression on Libby's face had been worth a million galleons."Wohoo!Admit it!I am good."he laughed as he flew towards the hoops.Just before he would pass through he jumped off his broom,over the ring and landed gracefully on his broom.He grinned at her and then went to pick up the quaffle.

Libby glared at him, trying not to smile. She had her arms crossed when he began to jump through the hoop. "Show off" she muttered loud enough for him to hear. She flew high to show him what else she could do, and remembered when she'd scared the life out of Alex and Maddiie back in her second year. Doing a little flip before making her way back down to the hoop she scooted Jake away and moved back into position. "Oh you wish." she smiled, yes he was a good player, but he wouldn't beat her, not yet anyway. "Hey Jake wait. I meant to tell you." she flew over to him, "You're doing this because you want to try out for the team yes?" she asked him, now only about 3 foot away from him. "Well, due to the TriWizard tournament, qudditch games have been cancelled. All year." she said, wondering how he's take the news. Libby had been quite sad herself, but decided she'd try out for the team in her fifth year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back