OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Wand
Curly 8 1/2 Inch Sturdy Silver Lime Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Receiving a long-awaited note prompted Noelle to travel to New Zealand. And by travel it meant apparition. He apparated to the outskirts of Brightstone Village. It was the only place where he could safely apparate without the fear of being discovered. He quickly stopped by Honeydukes and The Three Broomsticks for what @Avaria Lockwood requested. Hauling two baskets, the man made one final stop at Madam Malkin's for a special parcel. After everything was acquired, he stepped into a quiet corner and apparated to another quiet corner just close to the place she told him. He shifted his baggage to free his hand and knock on the door. He wondered if Ava was just around to clearly hear his knocks.

Ava was curled up on the couch, pillows between her side and the arm of the couch she rested on. She was heavily pregnant, and with the twins, the doctor had practically ordered her to try and stay off her feet. She was tucked in comfortably, four fans on chilling the apartment and a soft, heavier blanket spread over her legs as she sipped on her tea and read a book. Noelle should be by soon. She was actually drawn out of her book by the knock on her door. She flicked her wrist, knowing the door downstairs had opened. "Up here, Noelle." She called, knowing if he didn't hear her then whoever was manning the bookstore would send him up.

Barely thirty seconds after Noelle knocked, the door slid open. He peeked his head to see if anyone was behind the door when he heard the faint voice of Ava. He walked in, giving a wave to the in-charge before climbing up the stairs. "Hey, Ava!", he called out as he got to the last step. "Look what I got!", he said excitedly, not even bothering to look at the woman. He set the baskets down at the nearest table before he picked up the special parcel. "This is for you. I hope you like them.", he smiled at the woman before taking a seat across from her.

Ava smiled softly as she saw Noelle being excited about something. "Well don't be stingy, share," she whined, making grabby hands at the food. She noted the blankets, glad there were two of them. She swallowed nervously. "Noelle, um..." She looked down, hugging her blanket a bit. Well, nothing for it. "Noelle." She let out a slow sigh. "This can't go worse than it did with my dad," she grumbled, playing nervously with her hair. "Listen, um..." She sighed. Lost for words, she stood. It was a little bit of a struggle, but she managed it. She hobbled over to the food. "Standing up probably said a lot," she laughed lightly, hobbling back with a few muffins. "I'm expecting twins. Aurora Alice and Nico Timothy." She smiled shyly, lowering herself down gently.

Noelle chuckled at Avaria's statement. "Yeah?", he said in response to her saying his name. He looked on a bit confused at what she said when she stood up, letting the blanket she had around her just a few minutes ago. It was instinct for Noelle to quickly make a move to assist but figured she got it. What caught his attention was her protruding belly. He was speechless yet he was still sensitive enough to help her as she lowered herself down back down on the sofa. "Wow, twins. Congratulations!", he was all smiles for the news. Avaria was pretty pregnant. "Good thing I got you two blankets.", he added with a light chuckle.

Ava groaned as she settled into the couch, smiling tiredly up at Noelle. "Well, you're nicer about it than my father was." she winced. "He yelled at Vader. At Vader." She rolled her eyes. "Vader might be their godfather, and my strongest support, but he is certainly not their biological father." Her voice faltered and she looked away. "Honestly... I'm not sure who is," She peeked at Noelle, waiting for the judgement. "I was... lonely, and drunk, I really... don't remember much." She put her hands over her stomach and looked down at them. "I just... he was warm, with dark hair, and he was very gentle with me. It's... odd, really. I almost wish I know who he was. Aside from the obvious reasons, of course," Ava laughed dryly, before letting out a soft sigh. "No one has ever been so caring with me. I miss that," She admitted softly, rubbing her belly. She should probably be angry or upset about what had happened, but Ava had never been one to hold grudges. Well... except with Phillip. But he had earned that.

Noelle chuckled upon hearing what Ava's father did. "Well, you can't blame him. You'll always be his child.", he said sincerely. He listened with attention to what she said. Sure, he was a bit disappointed that she made a drunken mistake but hearing what she felt that night. He had been through that, everybody might have. He could not blame her, he even gave her a genuine smile as her voice changed while remembering what she could remember. "Hey, just hold on to that memory then. You're lucky to have a memorable drunken night.", he teased. Not everybody had good memories of their drunken nights with strangers, even him. Except for that one time. "And a token, even two, to keep.", he added with a playful wink. He gently took one of her hands in his own. "Hey... Whatever you need, I'm here.", he said with conviction. "Even if it means apparating on a daily basis.", he added with a wink.

Ava rolled her eyes. "Oh I can absolutely blame him. There's no excuse for yelling at a gay man who is literally there for moral support, and being a terrible person about it, especially when that man has done more and been more to me than anyone ever has," she snapped. No one yelled at Vader, and no one defended someone that yelled at Vader. Vader was perfect, and she wouldn't hear a cross word about him. Still feeling cross, Ava burrowed into the couch. "I don't know, I'm still mad at you," She declared, turning her head. "No one gets to talk badly to or about Vader, I don't care what reasoning they think they have," she snapped.

If Ava was not a pregnant woman with raging hormones, he would have laughed at her eye roll. His face remained neutral as the woman went on her rant, sinking deeper into her couch. The moment she finished talking, Noelle slid to his knees as he leveled with the woman, gently took her hand in his. He did not know what came over him but he knew he must do it. "Ava, I'm sorry. I never mean to upset you.", he said, his voice almost pleading. "You know I'm Team Vader all the way.", he added, an attempt to make her feel better.

Ava looked down, unintentionally softening at the sight of the man on his knees. She sighed, relaxing and turning to face him. "A Maxwell on his knees. I should ask Vader to take a picture," She joked. Without thinking, she reached down and brushed his dark hair out of his eyes. He was oddly pretty, for a Maxwell. "I want ice cream," she declared, sitting back. "I'll consider forgiving you if you somehow have ice cream in that food basket of yours."

Noelle chuckled, rubbing a thumb on Ava's hand. "If this Maxwell has to grovel, then this Maxwell would.", he teased back. His heart skipped a beat at the touch of her hand on his hair. He laughed at her declaration for ice cream. He stood up, hands on his pockets. "Well, I know I did not pack ice cream in there but that can be easily remedied.", he pulled out his wand, and with a wink, he disapparated. He appeared outside Madam Puddifoot's, went inside, and came back out after a few minutes with a small bag in hand. He disapparated and appeared right on the spot which he just vacated. "Ice cream for the lady.", he announced, holding out the bag for Ava to take.

Ava pouted when he said he didn't have any ice cream. Before she could protest, he had apparated away. She pouted harder, folding her arms over her chest. When he got back, she reached up and took the bag. "Sit," she ordered, snapping the seat at the other end of the couch. She took the ice cream from the bag, smiling. "Ooh, good flavor." She set the ice cream down, putting a pillow on the edge of the couch and carefully turning to lean against it. She put her swollen feet up in his lap, summoning her ice cream up. She took a bite, before offering the next bite to Noelle.

Noelle just chuckled at how quickly a pregnant woman's mood changed. He complied with her request as he took the seat at the other end, Ava placing her feet on his lap. He shifted for a moment to be more comfortable before starting to give her foot rubs. He was confident at those, remembering when he gave Alexis and Joshua foot rubs when they hung out after the Ravenclaw's games and practices. When she finally decided to share, he took the bite without hesitation, his face crunched a little at the sudden coolness. "I'm glad I picked a good flavor.", he commented, pulling out his wand and summoned a couple more muffins, cookies, macaroons, and watermelon for her plate refill. "So, when are you due?", he asked, curiosity spiked, and also he wanted to be there whenever the day came. Or at least visit her the moment she would let him know.

Ava hummed lightly, shutting her eyes and enjoying the feeling of the foot rub along with the taste of the ice cream. She took another bite, setting the plate he made aside for later and continuing to eat her cold treat. "A month or two," she replied easily, offering him another bite. "I'm not surprised they're twins, honestly. My dad is a twin. It is a bit odd if I think too hard, though," she mused. "I read somewhere that twins come through the fathers side of the family. Whoever their father was must have it somewhere in his family," she thought aloud, taking another bite.

Noelle nodded, making a mental note of her upcoming due date. "A month or two. Time flies fast.", he replied, a bit muffled as he had the ice cream Ava offered him. His interest was caught at the mention of twins. "Yeah, yeah. I've heard about that. We also have a couple of pairs or we can call it sets,", he chuckled. "Too hard to keep track of them though.", he added jokingly. "Would this mean we would get twins too if we have children?", he asked her playfully. "I mean, it's a hypothetical question. I'm a twin too.", he explained, not wanting Ava to take it the wrong way.

Ava took another bite of her ice cream, using her spoon to wave dismissively at Noelle. "Moot point. Two is enough for me, thank you," she hadn't expected this pregnancy, but she certainly wasn't planning on another. "I don't intend on getting married. I didn't intend to have children either, but the universe decided otherwise." She put a hand protectively over her belly. She meant what she said, too. She didn't intend to get into any relationships. Vader was enough for her, and she could take care of herself.

Noelle just chuckled at what Ava said. "Moot point taken.", he winked playfully. He was slightly taken aback at what she said next. His dream of a family with her, maybe a child or two, slightly vanished. Feigning nonchalance, he asked, "Oh, how so?" He had thought most women would like to get married, maybe except Sapphire, he guessed.

Ava looked to Noelle and raised a brow, taking another bite of her ice cream. She shrugged at his question. "I'm not setting myself up for that level of disappointment again," she replied easily, licking her spoon. "My dad left us when I was a baby. I lived with my mother and my grandmother for a while, but my mom got sick, and they both died when I was ten. They went and found dad but I wasn't with him for very long before he sent me away to school,"

Ava took another bite of her ice cream. "I was really close to Philip at first. But he was just really mean to me- he got mad and yelled at me for something stupid, then blamed me when Nora boil jinxed me and then didn't talk to me for months, and then he was spotty for a long time, and when I tried to talk to him about it he said he was fine because he followed me to my classes then tried to demand I stop spending time with Vader." She rolled her eyes. "Things are okay with my dad, but I was mad at him for a while because he left me, he left my sister, and then he found out about my little brother and now he has three more kids with my brothers mom. I'm over it now but for a long time I thought he didn't need me. He left, and replaced me a few times over,"

Ava rambled, taking bites of her ice cream intermittently. "I'm just over it. Vader is the only constant thing I've ever had in my life. I didn't plan to have kids, or ever bother getting married. I'm still not going to marry, but its a little late for the no kids plan," She laughed lightly. "But still, the whole point is that I'm not going to bother with romance anymore. I spent way too long and too many chances on Philip, and I'm not going to have my heart broken like that again. It's just easier on my own. I have Vader, I have the twins, I'm fine." She nodded decisively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back