Fond Memories

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam was walking along Brightstone he didn't know why he was doing this but couldn't resist...just one last time. He was re-visiting himself and Toni's spot. Sam was listened to his iPod which came as a treat these days as he couldn't listen to it in Hogwarts.

Sam found the small path which lead up to it. It brought him out of the town. Sam sighed but shortly straightened himself up and walked up the dusty path. What seemed a long time he finnaly found some green patches of grass sprouting up. Once he turned the corner he saw it. The tree. Not just any tree. Their tree. With their names.

Sam stood there for a while, minutes passed before he walked up to it. He rubbed his hands over her name so neatly pressed into the tree. He frowned. He missed her badly. His heart was still gone and it hadn't returned to his empty chest. Sam walked behind the tree and leaned up against the massive trunk, here he couldn't see anyone, no one could see him which was exactly what he needed now.

Toni didn't know what was up with her lately. First she had made her way up to the North tower in which she had sworn off before. She didn't know why she would want to go to a place that had so many bad memories. Though today, today Toni wanted to go to brightstone. Maybe shopping would take her mind off of everything that had happened. Walking into a few stores and for once in her life not buying a thing. Toni didnt' know if she wanted to buy anything, the truth was she wasn't in a shopping mood.

As she walked through the streets of Brightstone she found herself on the outskirts. "Oh no not today" Toni said aloud once she realized where she was heading. She was heading to Sam and her place, the place that their names were carved into that huge tree. Though instead of turning back, Toni continued up that path.

Finally reaching the spot she looked at the tree first. Though it wasn't just the tree tha she noticed, Toni noticed Sam there as well. What was he doing back at their spot? Toni wasn't sure but she sure as heck couldn't turn away now. Just breathe Toni thought as she walked over to Sam a small uncertain smile on her face. "Hey" She said not helping but to glance down at the carved names in the truck.

Sam thought quietly but Toni's voice brought him back down to reality. What was she doing here? Sam looked up, "Hey...Toni." Sam said, not a happy tone but yet not an agry or sad tone. It was neutral. Sam looked from her to the tree. Typical. I had to pick today to come here.

"How...eh...have you ....been?" he asked awkwardly getting up and fixing himself before looking her in the eye.

Toni wondered if she had just turned around and ran before even thinking about coming up and talking to him. he obviously hates me now Toni thought thought showed not emotion other than that small smile that was still rather uncertain if it should be upon her face or not. "I've been ok" Toni said looking up from their names to his eye level.

"How have you been?" Toni asked wondering if this whole conversation would be odd. "Sam I can turn around and leave right now if you want me to" She said hoping that he wouldn't ask her to.

Sam shrugged, "Okay.." Actually the right words would have been, terrible, I feel like my heart was ripped out of my chest snapped in two..and hasn't returned yet. He tried to stop it from showing on his face. Apart from the fact he looked quite tired and stressed he couldn't stop his heartbrokeness to show on his face.

Sam looked at the ground, "No, you don't have to do that. We can't avoid each other..right?" Though Sam wished he could turn around and run away.

Toni could tell that Sam was not okay. He looked tired, stressed and rather sad. Though really it wasn't Toni's fault, was it? She had only broken up with him. Her whole logic was that she should be the sad one. Sam now had Jenna and Toni was alone. She couldn't help but feel bad for Sam though.

"Of coarse we don't have to avoid each other" Toni said having an attempt at a full smile though it fell short. Toni glanced at the path she came up, never had she wanted to run back in that direction as bad as she did now. Out of all the days she found herself back to their spot, Sam had to be there. Just her luck.

Looking back at Sam, Toni tried to think of something to say. It was hard to think of anything actually. "So what brings you here today?" Toni asked wanting to kick herself for saying it right after it came out God what a stupid thing to ask Toni thought though she tried to keep a neutral look on her face.

Sam looked up at her when she said they didn't have to avoid each other, Sam noticed her half smile. He couldn't bring himself to smile back. It was silence for a bit and Sam walked a few steps, just to avoid the awkwardness. But her question was tricky. Why did he come back here? He didn't know what to say. "Are you seriously asking me that?" Sam chuckled slightly. He hopped up onto the branch but he could still see Toni. "I dunno I guess..I just...the place is so beautiful...and I dunno...I was drawn to it." Sam tapped his hands on the thick branch. "What about you Toni? Why are you here?"

Toni watched as Sam walked a few steps. She knew better than to following. Leaning against the tree a bit she noticed Sam chuckle. Well at least he hadn't flipped out at her. "Yeah I know stupid question" Toni muttered. Though she was surprised that he answered it at all.

"Oh" Toni said simple when he answered. Looking around for a moment she realized that this place did still have it's beauty even if her and Sam weren't together. Though it didn't have the same beauty as it did before when they were together.

When he threw the question back at her, Toni didn't know how to answer it exactly. "Well I was going shopping in brightstone" She looked down at her empty hands. Something had to be wrong for her to come out of a shopping trip without actually buying anything.

"And I didn't realize where I was going at first" She said looking down at her feet. "I might have missed this place a bit though" Toni said looking up at Sam.

Sam laughed, for once in a long time. "Shopping? Toni you didn't do a very good job." he teased slightly. Sam nodded and leaned back on the bark of the tree he sighed softly. "Yeah, it kinda attachs itself to you." Sam said absent-mindly staring into space.

"I miss it too." He missed a lot of things these days though he wasn't going to say what else he missed.

Toni smiled slightly. In a way she was slightly depressed that she had not gotten anything. "I think I almost gave the shopkeeper a heart attack when I walked out empty handed" Toni said laughing a bit. "I wish it didn't" Toni muttered when Sam said that the place attachs you to it. Though she didn't mean anything by it. Just after everything this was not the spot that Toni wanted to be.

"I mean this place is great but I did didn't want to relive memories quite yet" Toni added her voice soft as she reached down and traced their names in the bark. Smiling slightly as she traced the 'and' sign, Toni shook her head. Standing up once more and running her hand through her hair.

Thinking so many things she wanted to ask... "Do I have to watch my back for Jenna or Hoshi?" Toni asked a small laugh escaping but the sad part was that it was rather serous overall.

Sam didn't comment sometimes he wished he never brought her up here. Meaning they wouldn't have to be here in this place and it would still just be the nice place to go instead of the place to go. But Sam remembered the times they had here, which he wouldn't change for the world.

A smile appeared on Sam's face, "Nah! Hoshi doesn't know..Knight doesn't know!" he completely forgot to tell him. "I haven't been talking to much people since..anyways I wouldn't worry to much about Jenn." he turned his head to her, "What about Beau?" he asked, in general.

Toni was glad that Sam didn't think that she didn't have to watch her back. Really Toni still imagined that she would have to take care around the too of them. Not as much for her sake as for Jenna's sake. Toni didn't know if she could even spot Jenna without trying to kill her.

"Wait you didn't tell Knight yet" Toni said a bit surprised at the fact that Sam hadn't told his best friend. Though when Sam said he hadn't been talking to many people since them, Toni couldn't help but smile. She had talked to Taylor and Beau about it but that was about it.

When Sam mentioned Beau, Toni was caught a bit off guard. "What about him?" Toni asked not quite sure what Sam wanted to know. "he knows but that is about it" Toni said "What about Jenna?" Toni asked wondering if Sam had already hooked up with that idiot.

Sam nodded, "I know I really ought to tell him. I may tell him later tonight..." Sam thought aloud. He kinda felt bad he didn't tell him sooner but really he was hibernating in his dorm.

Sam shrugged, "Nothing...we're not dating if thats what you mean." Sam said, he wasn't going to start dating anyone for a bit. Not while his heart was still broken. "So...doing anything special for Halloween?" he asked turning away from her to stare into the distance.

Toni dismissed the whole Knight comment. He was probably going to understand that the two of them had broken up. When they had that conversation that day on the lawn, Toni had mentioned breaking up with Sam.

Though Toni couldn't help but have a hint of happiness when Sam said that he wasn't dating Jenna. yet it was wiped away with a simple thought that Jenna would probably get her way. She had in this situation.

"I'm going to the Halloween feast" Toni said not mentioning that she was probably going to hang out with Beau that evening, as friends but she didn't know how Sam would take that.

"I don't know what I am going to dress up as yet" Toni said with a small laugh. "Are you going to the feast?" Toni asked.

Sam nodded, "Yeah. Definitely. It'll be a laugh alright." Sam grinned he had an idea of what he was going as but he wasn't planning on telling anyone. "Its something you gotta go to. I mean it is Halloween afterall." Sam always celebrated Halloween back in London and the even did trick or treating the muggle way. "I'm looking forward to see everyone elses costumes...they should be excellant." Sam said thinking of Hoshi. She'd probably have an excellent one.

Toni seemed to feel as if the air wasn't as tense, though she couldn't be quite sure. Just don't say anything stupid She thought as she listened to how excited Sam felt about Halloween. Still it wasn't really like at home when she went treat or treating back home.

Toni wondered what Sam would dress up like. He wanted to dress up which was nice unlike Beau who didn't think he was going to dress up. "What are you going to dress up like?" Toni asked a bit curiously.

Sam shook his head and put his finger to his lip. "Well, I can't share that highly classified information." A small smile formed behind his finger. "I'm actually quite looking forward to the feast." Sam said again. He and Jenn had something brilliant planned.

Toni let a small smile form on her lips. "Oh classified information" Toni said her tone light for about the first time here. Though she couldn't help but wonder what Sam was planning. "Though I don't think I am too thrilled about the feast" Toni said thinking that it was just food afterall. She wanted to see the costumes so much more. Now the idea of what she was going to wear was going through her mind. For a moment, Toni forgot that she was actually here with Sam.

Looking up at the tree she was leaning on she smiled though the smile soon faded. She didn't really know what to say right now. Though her lack of foods made Toni hope that the conversation wouldn't go down hill.

Sam frowned, "But there'll be so much food. It'll be crazy." Sam grinned. He had completely forgotten to acknowledge that not only was he laughing again but he was laughing with Toni. Something he'd thought he'd never do again. "So....." Sam said and coughed, "I'm guessing you have your yule ball dress picked." Sam teased light-heartedly. It was Toni afterall.

"Oh yes so much food" Toni said rolling her eyes. Though if they had butterbeer and candy corn she would probably be sold right then and there. Now of coarse Toni loved butterbeer but she absolutely adored candy corn. Yet her mother never really let her have it much. Usually only on Halloween.

When Sam mentioned the Yule ball, Toni's heart sunk just a bit. At the start of the school year when Toni first heard about the ball Toni couldnt' wait to go with Sam. Now that everything was changed, Toni wasn't sure what she was going to do about it.

"Actually I don't have any dress picked out" Toni said thinking that she was really off lately. "I guess I should get working on that" She added with a small laugh.

Sam placed a shocked expression on his face. "You better get going Toni you only have what...two months? " Sam's voice was sarcastic. He realised he wouldn't be going with Toni, which dampened his spirits a bit. Shes probably going with Beau Sam thought sadly though he would have to try and get over her one way or another.

Toni rolled her eyes almost playfully at Sam when seemed shocked. "I know I have to get a move on" Toni said already thinking that it seemed a long time away but time would go by fast. She didn't even know what colour she wanted her dress to be. It would probably be a mad rush to find a wonderful dress, after all she had to look perfect for this thing.

Toni really didn't think she wanted to talk about the Yule ball but she was a bit curious. "Who are you going to the ball with?" Toni asked looking at the tree just to be able to break eye contact. She wasn't quite sure if she would be able to hear Sam say he was going with anyone worse if it was Jenna but still Toni would rather know now they find out at the ball itself.

When Toni asked who he was going to the ball with. He didn't know. He couldn't answer. He always just pressumed it was Toni. "I um....don't know actually.." Sam said honestly. But he was thinking of asking Jenn. Should he tell her? Sam sighed, "Jenn..maybe. But I haven't asked her yet." She's probably already going with someone. "What about you?" he asked her.

Toni continued to glance at the tree. Keeping her eyes from making contact with Sam so that he couldn't see how she would react to his answer. Though when Sam said he wasn't sure, Toni looked up for a moment. Yet he wasn't finished. Sam had finally said Jenna. "She'll go with you" Toni said turning away once more as if she was looking at the scenery. So far she had kept her emotions in check about this whole thing, not letting Sam know how she was really feeling.

As Sam asked who she was going with, Toni still wouldn't look him in the eye. There were two choices here. She could lie and say she wasn't going with anyone yet or she could tell him flat out that she was going with Beau. "Beau asked me the other day" Toni said glancing over at Sam for a moment. Actually Toni was rather surprised that Beau had actually asked her but she was happy about it. Not showing this to Sam though, for some reason she didn't want to put him through anymore.

Sam loooked at Toni as she said Jenn would go with him. Sam shrugged. But when she said Beau already asked her Sam's stomach twisted into uncomfortable positions. He didn't know what else to expect. I mean this was Toni, of coarse she'd find another boy. But it just happened to be Beau.

Sam didn't know what to say, he just said a simple, "Oh...right. I..." Sam really didn't know what to say, "I didn't know people were asking already." he said sheepishly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back